PDA

View Full Version : The Murder of JFK

green73
01-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Listen to the podcast (http://www.lewrockwell.com/lewrockwell-show/tag/Peter-Janney/)

ROCKWELL: Good morning. This is the Lew Rockwell Show. And how great to have as our guest this morning, Dr. Peter Janney. Dr. Janney is a psychologist in Massachusetts. He grew up, however, in Washington, D.C. His dad was a high-ranking official of the CIA and he grew up among some very interesting people. Because of the people he knew, because of the events that took place, he spent a good number of years producing, I must say, just an extraordinary work, a book that is not only scholarly and well documented but fascinating to read and, I would say, a very important book to read, too. It's called Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision for World Peace.

So, Peter, tell us first, who was Mary Pinchot Meyer?

JANNEY: Well, Mary was an extraordinary human being and an even more extraordinary woman. She grew up right at the time – came out of college right at the time of World War II and she had always been an ardent pacifist. And her life trajectory, shall we say, took her on an extraordinary path, in a sense, bringing her together with two of the most promising men of that generation, both of whom, subsequent to World War II, I think were really destined to be high-level political players throughout their adult life.

Her first, of course, was Cord Meyer, who was a World War II war hero, who came back from the war and really became an ardent pacifist; actually, as he had before he started, but he had a near brush with death. He lost an eye and he came back to really want to make things quite different. And I think his union with Mary Pinchot at that time really, really brought him into the realm of what pacifism was, why another world war would, in a sense, doom the planet, given that we had just entered the nuclear age.

And so for the last few years in the 1940s, Cord really went around the country speaking on behalf of an organization called the United World Federalists, who were trying to bring together some structure of world government that would, you know, adjudicate any kind of armed conflict going around the world, and stopping it or bringing it to a halt so that it could not proliferate in a way that it could get out of control.

The United World Federalists, you know, had a quick rise and fall. And in the late 1940s, I think Cord got very disenchanted with what was going on and, one way or another, he got seduced by Allen Dulles and joined the CIA in the early 1950s and actually, you know, kind of made a Faustian deal with the devil at that point. And he really became sort of the quintessential cold warrior.

So it wasn't before long that, you know, Mary felt that Cord had foreclosed on their marriage. And by 1957 or '58 – you know, it was Mary who left the marriage, no longer feeling it was possible to be married to Cord or to be married to the CIA. She was very outspoken about the CIA and what it was doing in the world. And that was just unheard of in the late '50s. Women didn't do that. They didn't speak out like that, particularly in a highly dominated male-centered culture.

So I think, you know, Mary spent some time in her own exploration. She'd already met Jack Kennedy back in 1936 at a prep school dance at the Choate School in Wallingford, Connecticut. And even though they didn't date at that time or in college, they certainly were aware of each other. And I think, in my book, when people read that section, you come away seeing very clearly that whoever Mary Pinchot was when she was 15 or 16 years old, she made an – (laughing) – indelible impression on Jack Kennedy at that time, and he never forgot her.

ROCKWELL: Yes, she was a very beautiful young lady.

JANNEY: Oh, just extraordinarily, you know, extraordinarily beautiful. Possibly, one of the most beautiful women of her generation.

ROCKWELL: So after her split with Cord Meyer and her split with the CIA, she ended up taking up with John F. Kennedy?

JANNEY: Yes. I don't think they actually started an intimate affair until either right before or right after he had won the presidency. And she really kept it under wraps for as long as she could.

A lot of people have felt that the affair didn't really gel or begin until 1962. But my research, based on the late author Leo Damore's conversations with Kenny O'Donnell, who was JFK's principle advisor at the time, pretty much document that Jack was very interested in Mary as soon as he was in the White House. And Kenny O'Donnell was very explicit about that with Leo Damore before his death.

ROCKWELL: And she was interested not only in him as a man but in the questions of war and peace?

JANNEY: I think, you know, Mary's disposition toward Jack in the beginning was, you know, she looked at him as kind of a playboy and she really wanted something a lot more substantial in a relationship. But as Jack came into the presidency, I think Mary realized, you know, that there was a potential opening here for her to once again use one of the most powerful men in her generation. And Mary's own evolution and personal development, I think, had been accelerated by her exploration of hallucinogenics, such as LSD and psilocybin. And she had an ongoing relationship with Timothy Leary that's been pretty much substantiated now. And even though Leary wasn't really aware of what she was really up to – you know, he was giving her little bits of advice and help from time to time when they met. And I think, Mary felt that, you know, were world leaders available to, in a sense, partake of a consciousness expansion of one kind or another that they would begin to see how futile war was, or is, and that peace was really the most important thing.

I'm not advocating when I say this, Lew, that, you know, Mary's primary desire was to go into the White House and turn Jack on to LSD. I don't think it was – it's much more complicated than that. But there is some indication that both Jack and Bobby were interested in LSD. And there is some indication that Bobby's wife, Ethel, even may have had a short stint with LSD psychotherapy, given her penchant for alcohol. I have never been able to substantiate that in a way that I would like to, but there are a number of little sources that point to that possibility.

ROCKWELL: Well, it's fascinating. I mean, Kennedy, whether she was the reason – and I think your book is extremely convincing on the fact that she was the reason – but Kennedy did seem to turn away from the Military-Industrial Complex and the typical Cold War position of the U.S. government, whether we look at his American University speech or many other indications. And do you think this is why he was killed?

JANNEY: I think it's one of the reasons why he was killed. You know, I think he was killed because, as Mary said to Timothy Leary, they couldn't control him anymore. He realized what the national security apparatus was doing, that they were sabotaging his efforts towards peace. They were sabotaging his desire to have some kind of rapprochement with Fidel Castro and Cuba. He had made it very clear that he was very upset with what the CIA was doing. And, you know, there's a famous quote where he wanted to splinter the agency into a thousand pieces and cast it to the four winds, something like that. And, in fact, he had made some moves to decrease the overall budget of the CIA so that they could not engage in the level of covert operations that they felt they were entitled to.

So the fact that behind the CIA's back and the Pentagon's back, in the summer of '63, he and Khrushchev worked out a limited nuclear arms treaty, I think was very upsetting to the rest of the national security apparatus.

And, you know, after the Cuban Missile Crisis in October of 1962, I think both Khrushchev and Kennedy wanted – realized the futility of the Cold War and that it really was the province of peace and world peace that needed their attention. And they both became increasingly dedicated towards that goal.

ROCKWELL: This is a slight off topic, but it's also extraordinary to me that Kennedy fired the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Lyman Lemnitzer, for attempting to set up a false-flag operation where allegedly the Cubans would have caused terrorist incidents in Miami and in other American cities and, therefore, giving the U.S. the excuse for a full-scale invasion. Kennedy wouldn't go along with that and, indeed, as I say, fired the main guy involved.

JANNEY: That's correct. And –

ROCKWELL: In Operation Northwoods.

JANNEY: That's correct. And, you know, that's right on the heels of what he felt Allen Dulles had done to him in the Bay of Pigs fiasco. You know, he felt – he had come to believe that he had really been set up there and he saw the trap that was being laid for him and said, no, I'm not going to call in air support; I'm going to take the blame for this.

So I think – you know, as one person who I interviewed within the CIA at that time said, that, you know, Kennedy just wasn't a known quantity. They didn't know what to do with him. Whereas, had Richard Nixon been elected in 1960, it would have been a very, very different story because the CIA already had a very trusted relationship with Nixon. And, in fact, it had been Nixon, in his role as vice president, who had been very helpful in laying out the trajectory for how to get rid of Castro.

ROCKWELL: Yes, Nixon, a very bad – (laughing) – one of many very bad men in the U.S. government.

So here's Kennedy, turning towards peace with the help of Mary Pinchot Meyer, and he's killed, certainly, in part, by the CIA. Maybe Johnson was involved, you know, other – maybe it was a Murder on the Orient Express-kind of event.

JANNEY: I think very definitely, Lew, President Johnson was involved, as was FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover. I mean, when you look at the cover-up that takes place after the assassination, and particularly what happened at the Bethesda morgue the night of the assassination, where there were actually three separate casket deliveries, OK? But people don't really know. It comes out of this work with Douglas Horne, of the Assassination Records Review Board, who finally put it together through the mountain of evidence that the board collected in the late 1990s, that President Kennedy's body had actually arrived at the Bethesda morgue 20 minutes ahead of the motorcade that allegedly was carrying – (laughing) – his casket in the gray Navy hearse. And, you know, there was post-mortem cranial surgery that took place to get rid of any evidence that shots came from the front of President Kennedy before the official autopsy took place at 8:15 that evening.

ROCKWELL: No, quite extraordinary. And, of course, I've always felt the Secret Service was involved, too.

JANNEY: Yes.

ROCKWELL: With a lot of news about the Secret Service these days and a lot of propaganda about, you know, these great guys, but they certainly were involved to some extent. And in fact, later, destroyed a lot of their own records –

JANNEY: Correct.

ROCKWELL: – from the Kennedy assassination to make sure nobody could ever determine what they'd actually done or not done.

JANNEY: And one of the biggest pieces of records that were destroyed was the Chicago plot to assassinate President Kennedy, which had been set up on November 2, 1963. They had a whole cache of material of who was part of that plot. It was almost an identically constructed plot as the one in Dallas. And, of course, the Warren Commission never talks about that. This is really, I think – the evidence for this has really come about through two great books that have been written recently. Jim Douglass' JFK and the Unspeakable certainly would be one example.

And so, you know, these are the arenas, Lew, that have been sort of buried, which I think the media irresponsibly continues to clamp down on even today. I mean, even last week, you know, the CIA ambushed me on CNN News. I didn't even see it coming, where Kyra Phillips reads a letter from the CIA basically, you know, trying to destroy the credibility of my book while we're on the air.

So, you know, the Kennedy assassination, even as we come into the 50th anniversary next week, I think is going to take center stage again. And I think with all the evidence that has now been collected in the last 50 years, we are going to have some kind of reckoning in our culture.

ROCKWELL: Peter, it's so important because it was a coup, wasn't it? I mean, it wasn't just –

JANNEY: Oh, it really was.

ROCKWELL: It wasn't just an assassination?

JANNEY: That's correct. I mean, America's experiment in democracy, from my point of view, Lew, came to an abrupt halt on November 22, 1963.

ROCKWELL: So they put Kennedy's enemy, Allen Dulles, in charge of the investigation. He comes to the conclusion that the regime wants. But, then, not too long afterwards, there's a CIA assassination of Mary Pinchot Meyer.

JANNEY: 11 months later, she is killed execution style in broad daylight while she was walking along the C&O Chesapeake Canal towpath. And this was, you know, the kind of professional hit where there was one shot to the head. When that didn't kill her completely, the second shot was angled just beneath her right shoulder blade, slightly to the left where the shot immediately severed her aorta and just killed her instantly.

They tried to pin that murder on an Afro-American day laborer, who just happened to be, you know, in the vicinity but not on the towpath. And, of course, he was acquitted nine months later, in July of 1965, by the legendary Afro-American attorney, Dovey Roundtree, who I maintain is really one of the great heroes of this case. Had Ray Crump, the alleged murderer have been convicted, this case would have been buried. But through Attorney Roundtree's just courageous commitment to justice and fairness, she was able, and rightly so, to convince the jury that he couldn't have possibly had anything to do with this murder, on top of the fact that there wasn't a shred of forensic evidence linking him to the crime scene or Mary Meyer's body.

ROCKWELL: So shortly after she's killed, Ben Bradlee, who was related to her, or had been related by marriage, goes to the house to try to get her diary and James Jesus Angleton is already there. Have I got that correct?

JANNEY: That is one scenario that Mr. Bradlee describes. Now, when you get into the deeper investigation of this, you find out that Ben Bradlee, in 1995, maintained that he never went to Mary's studio where the diary – where the "alleged" diary was ultimately found until the next day. That would have been October 13th. But if you read the trial transcript, Bradlee was in her studio on the night of the murder, and he testifies to this, and that he entered the studio with no problem whatsoever. In Bradlee's memoir, 30 years later, he talks about having to take tools to the studio because he didn't have the key and that kind of thing. And there are just some very big inconsistencies in Bradlee's account.

Not the least of which is, on the day of the murder, we learn, 30 years later, Ben Bradlee gets a call from my father, a very suspicious call, saying, "Ben, I've just been listening to the radio, and by the sound of it, there's been a murder down on the towpath and, by the description, it sounds like it could be Mary. Do you know where Mary is"? And so, you know, when I read this – (laughing) – and was putting the pieces together, I mean, it became increasingly clear, along with some other information that I uncovered, that my father had actually been part of this conspiracy to take Mary Meyer out.

The reason they did this was that she had discovered, in the last year of her life, 1964 – she had put the pieces together in her own mosaic and realized that the CIA had orchestrated President Kennedy's assassination in Dallas. And she decided that she was going to go public with what she knew. She was killed just shy – three weeks shy of when the Warren Commission came out. And, you know, this was when the media and our government really wanted to hammer into the culture the fact that, oh, no, there had just been one assassin. He was a lone, crazed nut, da, da, da, da, da. And I think at this point, Mary just decided, I can't live with this; I have to come out and speak my truth and say what I know; there's just too much at stake for me not to.

ROCKWELL: And by that decision, signed her death warrant with an organization I – people think of the CIA as this heroic band of patriots, when actually it's an organization that kills people, steals, lies and does, you know – (laughing) – their everyday bread is evil. A significant part of the CIA is death squads, assassination squads.

So was Ben Bradlee part of this, too? Do you think he was at least an asset of the CIA?

JANNEY: Well, it depends how you want to define "asset." You know, in the 1950s, I think many writers, journalists, you know, exhibited a certain kind of patriotism by supporting the CIA in terms of this menace called Communism. It wasn't a really big deal for journalists to lend a hand here or there. But I don't think any of them really understood the kind – the qualitative kind of tentacles that the CIA was extending into the world of journalism. I mean, basically, this Operation Mockingbird, which was an operation designed by the CIA to control the media, and this is the kind of thing that started to take place.

Of course, no one knew about how bad it was until Watergate. And it was really at the time of the Watergate era that people began to wake up and realize, my god, the CIA has been acting unilaterally as if it was its own country. There aren't any checks and balances here. They lie all the time to us in terms of having any reigning in on the part of Congress. And so, all of a sudden, after Watergate, it became very fashionable to, in a sense, disassociate oneself from the CIA.

So Ben Bradlee made a big snit about the fact that, you know, he never worked for the CIA. Well, it depends on how you wanted to – you know, he may not have been on their payroll but there are documents that show he was definitely being supportive to what they wanted to achieve.

Now, that doesn't mean – well, let me put it this way. I've never come across any evidence that Ben Bradlee knew that the CIA was trying to take out Mary Pinchot Meyer. But there are some suspicious things in terms of what Bradlee did after the murder took place that just have never been reconciled for me. And I go into this in some depth in my book.

So, you know, this business of my father calling him up the day of the murder – I mean, I write in my book, I'm saying, you know, look, my – (laughing) – my father didn't like Mary Meyer, and first of all, and so there's no reason why he would be sitting around his office on any day of the week listening to the radio because he had nothing to do, or why he would even think, should he have heard a report such as that, that it would have anything to do with Mary Pinchot Meyer.

ROCKWELL: So she's assassinated. Is the CIA much worse today? I mean, is the American government, in a sense – is it, in a sense, the U.S. of the CIA? Have things gotten worse and worse and worse in terms of, not like the Operation Mockingbird kinds of programs, but the entire U.S. empire? All the wars have important CIA components to them.

JANNEY: Well, I think they have bigger national security-apparatus components that certainly entail the CIA, but other dimensions of the national security apparatus as well.

You know, this is a huge conflict because, you know, every nation-state has the right to collect intelligence as a way to protect itself. And so, you know, you have to step back and look clearly at that, about what the limits of that can be. But if you're going to get into the arena where state-sponsored murder is OK, then I think you cross the line where, you know, there is no more democracy. There's basically a plutocracy or an oligarchy that wants to stay in control by any means necessary.

And so, in many respects, I think, you know, after 9/11, the escalation of these kinds of tactics, particularly within the CIA, were, from their point of view, perfectly justified because that's how they were going to protect America and American citizens.

ROCKWELL: Peter, I certainly agree with you that the U.S. today is a plutocracy or an oligarchy. Maybe has been of some sort for a while, but certainly today.

So what led you to strike a blow against the oligarchy? What led you – and the CIA and all the rest of the national security apparatus – by writing this extraordinary book?

JANNEY: Well, it wasn't just one thing, Lew. I mean, as I think people can get a sense of when they begin to read the book, you know, Mary Meyer was an important person to me. I was best friends when I was a young boy with her middle child. And, you know, his death when we were both 9 years old was certainly traumatic for me. And Mary was really the only adult I knew who was receptive, I guess, to my pain and the anguish that it not only put me in but certainly herself in. I mean, this was an extraordinary human being who was capable of reaching out to someone like me in the midst of her own pain, in the midst of her own grief. And so, you know, I always felt that she was just a very different kind of person while I was growing, although, I couldn't have articulated that in the way that I am now. It took me many years to sort of step back and put all these pieces together.

But when the National Inquirer story broke in 1976 about the fact that Mary and JFK had been having this affair, I started to get, you know, more and more suspicious. And when the spirit moved me, I started thinking about it, talking to people more about it. But it wasn't really until 1992 that I met the late author, Leo Damore, who had really decided to, you know, make a book out of this story. Mr. Damore had just come off a big success with his book, Senatorial Privilege, which was, you know, the sort of Teddy Kennedy/Chappaquiddick expose. The book was doing very well. It was on the New York Times best-seller list for a while. But he wanted to get back to this story about Mary Meyer because Kenny O'Donnell, President Kennedy's closest aide, had really, you know, given him some information that no one else had in terms of how intimate and how important Mary was to Jack.

So it was when I met Leo Damore in 1992 that he and I instantly had kind of a friendship going. And I, you know, talked with him many times, visited many times. And then he is – you know, not all of a sudden, but quite quickly, you know, descends into this very deep depression where he takes his own life in October of 1995. And I knew how far Leo had been able to get in his research. I credit Leo in my book with having discovered who the real assassin of Mary Meyer was and how this whole assassination plan had gone down. And were it now for Leo Damore, we would not have the knowledge that we have today about how nefarious this story actually has become.

ROCKWELL: Well, all I can say is I highly recommend this book to anybody who is listening. Of course, we'll link to it with the podcast.

Peter, congratulations on the work you've done. I hope this is only your first book, by the way.

JANNEY: It is, only my first.

ROCKWELL: Wonderful. Magnificent.

So this is Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision for World Peace.

Peter Janney, keep doing what you're doing.

JANNEY: Thank you very much, Lew. It was a pleasure to be with you today.

ROCKWELL: Great to be with you. Thank you. Bye-bye.

Well, thanks so much for listening to the Lew Rockwell Show today. Take a look at all the podcasts. There have been hundreds of them. There's a link on the upper right-hand corner of the LRC front page. Thank you.

http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/janney4.1.1.html

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
So, the summary is that the United World Federalists were good guys and hey, world government is good too. Kumbaya for world peace.

JFK wanted world peace too and that is why he proposed to the UN to disarm America and have the UN, being the peace and liberty-loving organization that they are, keep all the guns.

Ok, gotcha. :rolleyes:

pcosmar
01-10-2013, 12:24 PM
So, the summary is that the United World Federalists were good guys and hey, world government is good too. Kumbaya for world peace.

JFK wanted world peace too and that is why he proposed to the UN to disarm America and have the UN, being the peace and liberty-loving organization that they are, keep all the guns.

To be expected.

They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. 'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace.

While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.

The who,,? the why,,? I don't know.
All I do know is that the murders got away with it.. for now.

green73
01-10-2013, 01:37 PM

I have a question. Are you retarded?

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM

Nice argument there. Does this mean that you do not contest what I said?

green73
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Nice argument there. Does this mean that you do not contest what I said?

No. It looked like the response of someone with impaired cognitive abilities.

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 02:04 PM
No. It looked like the response of someone with impaired cognitive abilities.

Do you have anything to offer but insults? Or, are you simply unable to talk about the topic of the thread? Or perhaps it is that you love the idea of world government?

green73
01-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Do you have anything to offer but insults? Or, are you simply unable to talk about the topic of the thread? Or perhaps it is that you love the idea of world government?

It was an honest question. I mean, if that's what you took from that interview.

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 02:19 PM
It was an honest question. I mean, if that's what you took from that interview.

Yeah, that was some of what I took. Did you just skate over it, or what? The CIA has some evil people in it and I don't doubt they had a hand in JFK's death, but to put up the world government folks as some kind of saints isn't going to fly, either.

Apparently, this is over your head.

green73
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Yeah, that was some of what I took. Did you just skate over it, or what? The CIA has some evil people in it and I don't doubt they had a hand in JFK's death, but to put up the world government folks as some kind of saints isn't going to fly, either.

Apparently, this is over your head.

How are "world government folks" being "put up as saints" pray tell?

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 04:30 PM
That is what it sounded like to me in the interview.

HOLLYWOOD
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
ROCKWELL: This is a slight off topic, but it's also extraordinary to me that Kennedy fired the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Lyman Lemnitzer, for attempting to set up a false-flag operation where allegedly the Cubans would have caused terrorist incidents in Miami and in other American cities and, therefore, giving the U.S. the excuse for a full-scale invasionGood Ole Operation Norwoods

JANNEY: That's correct. I mean, America's experiment in democracy, from my point of view, Lew, came to an abrupt halt on November 22, 1963.

Has anyone actually done a complete researched background check on all mentioned in the interview? I shows America is run by 'marionettes & maniacs'
Here's a interesting subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Walker

green73
01-10-2013, 06:10 PM
That is what it sounded like to me in the interview.

Don't you feel silly now?

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 06:25 PM
No, why on earth would I?

green73
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Actually, it is you who should feel silly. Actually, you should feel ashamed.

Why am I not surprised?

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Why am I not surprised?

Dude, are you just mentally unable to discuss the topic of the thread? If it was beyond your capabilities, you shouldn't have started the thread.

green73
01-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Dude, are you just mentally unable to discuss the topic of the thread? If it was beyond your capabilities, you shouldn't have started the thread.

That's rich. It is you who made an off the wall, ridiculous comment and when asked to back it up you had nothing. The text is posted in the OP. You can read can't you?

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 06:54 PM
That's rich. It is you who made an off the wall, ridiculous comment and when asked to back it up you had nothing. The text is posted in the OP. You can read can't you?

What the hell are you talking about? What I said is backed up by statements in the damn interview. The fact that you don't like it is not my problem.

Damn, go change your diapers.

green73
01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
What the hell are you talking about? What I said is backed up by statements in the damn interview. The fact that you don't like it is not my problem.

Damn, go change your diapers.

Um, no they are not. Try not to be so childish.

vita3
01-10-2013, 07:07 PM
thanks for the link.. got to give Lew Rockwell credit for having this guy on & giving his story

LibertyEagle
01-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Um, no they are not. Try not to be so childish.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

And so for the last few years in the 1940s, Cord really went around the country speaking on behalf of an organization called the United World Federalists, who were trying to bring together some structure of world government that would, you know, adjudicate any kind of armed conflict going around the world, and stopping it or bringing it to a halt so that it could not proliferate in a way that it could get out of control.

As for my 2nd statement..

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/09/disarmament_for_all_except_the.html

The statements I made were correct. You have chosen to have a temper tantrum and derail your own thread.

green73
01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Your said "So, the summary is that the United World Federalists were good guys and hey, world government is good too. " Then you said these "world government folks" are "being put up as saints."

First "they" were not being "put up as saints" in the interview. Your just throwing a red herring into the mix. Cord Meyer ended up going into the CIA and "making a deal with devil". She left him soon after. He doesn't come off too well. But what does it matter what their political persuasion was? That had very little to do with what was being discussed in the interview. So, forgive me for taking issue with your inane summary.

MelissaCato
01-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Good Ole Operation Norwoods

Has anyone actually done a complete researched background check on all mentioned in the interview? I shows America is run by 'marionettes & maniacs'
Here's a interesting subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Walker

Ya interesting.

acptulsa
01-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Sounds like an interesting book, and a new wrinkle on the subject. I don't think I'd recommend it for neoplytes to the subject. For those who don't know much about it but would like to, I think something like the LaFontaines' Oswald Talked: The New Evidence in the JFK Assassination would be a better place to start. Having read that already, though, I think I'll check this one out as well.

I have a question. Are you incapable of considering a person's statement before you pop off in a rude and insulting manner, or merely unwilling? Because rereading the passage in question would have cleared up your confusion much better than going full sixth-grader and accusing people of being 'a retard' did.

Casting world government advocates in a positive light is dangerous, no matter how good their intentions may be or may have been. They are, at best, useful idiots for tyranny.

green73
01-11-2013, 10:28 AM
I have a question. Are you incapable of considering a person's statement before you pop off in a rude and insulting manner, or merely unwilling? Because rereading the passage in question would have cleared up your confusion much better than going full sixth-grader and accusing people of being 'a retard' did.

Casting world government advocates in a positive light is dangerous, no matter how good their intentions may be or may have been. They are, at best, useful idiots for tyranny.

Are you capable of reading the thread before interjecting on something that's already been addressed? See my comments above. Don't accuse me of acting like a six grader. I didn't accuse her of being retarded. But seeing you two proclaiming that this interview in anyway promotes world government is asinine, the kind of reasoning a child (or somebody with diminished mental faculties) might use.

acptulsa
01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
...proclaiming that this interview in anyway...

Ah, I see the problem. The English language is a real problem for you, isn't it?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anyway?s=t

Usage note
The adverb anyway is spelled as one word: It was snowing hard, but we drove to the play anyway. The two-word phrase any way means “in any manner”: Finish the job any way you choose. If the words “in the” can be substituted for “any,” the two-word phrase is called for: Finish the job in the way you choose.

green73
01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Ah, I see the problem. The English language is a real problem for you, isn't it?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anyway?s=t

Weak.

LibertyEagle
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Are you capable of reading the thread before interjecting on something that's already been addressed? See my comments above. Don't accuse me of acting like a six grader. I didn't accuse her of being retarded. But seeing you two proclaiming that this interview in anyway promotes world government is asinine, the kind of reasoning a child (or somebody with diminished mental faculties) might use.

Um...

acptulsa
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Weak.

So is hijacking a whole thread and starting a flame war over a simple observation. Eagle never said that was the whole point of the interview, just that she didn't like it when anyone anywhere talks about anything resembling the 'New World Order' like it's a good thing. And considering that's the stuff propaganda campaigns and paradigm shifts in public perception is made of, I don't blame her--I even agree. Live with it.

She didn't turn it into the major focus of this thread. You did.

LibertyEagle
01-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Exactly. To me, it was like there were 2 sides being presented. The world government guys, who were being presented as the good guys and the CIA, who was being presented as the bad guys. I will take neither, thank you. It reminded me a lot of when FOX used to present someone like McCain as the supposed good guy and if you didn't like him, they would say your choice was someone like Hillary. This type of thing is how old-time conservatives were slowly propagandized.

Green, I wish you could see that this is exactly what I see happening with the whole world government deal. It's not just that interview, although it was done there too; it's all around us. As people get more and more ticked at our government, they are going to be pushed towards the idea of how world government would save them from their evil governments. Of course, it would make the problems much, much worse.

I simply cannot just stand by when I see it happening. Even in a Lew Rockwell interview. And yes, I do realize there was much more being said in the interview, Green. I just wanted to point out that one facet and you chose to blow it up beyond all proportion. Beyond that, you wouldn't even talk about the issue. You chose to start flinging personal insults. If this is your approach in talking to people, I highly recommend you learn a new approach. Because this one is NOT effective; nor endearing.

acptulsa
01-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Exactly. To me, it was like there were 2 sides being presented. The world government guys, who were being presented as the good guys and the CIA, who was being presented as the bad guys.

Whereas the real world government guys are owned by the CIA. So, if you think they're the good guys, then the bad guys have the perfect cover. And people like the woman who was murdered promote the idea of a benevolent world government, and either get used as useful idiots to give the bad guys cover, or get quietly killed.

Doesn't change the fact that the author seems to have discovered a rich vein if interesting history.

/hijack

LibertyEagle
01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Whereas the real world government guys are owned by the CIA. So, if you think they're the good guys, then the bad guys have the perfect cover. And people like the woman who was murdered promote the idea of a benevolent world government, and either get used as useful idiots to give the bad guys cover, or get quietly killed.

I'm not sure who owns them. I rather think they are tools of a higher power.

Doesn't change the fact that the author seems to have discovered a rich vein if interesting history.
For sure.

green73
01-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Exactly. To me, it was like there were 2 sides being presented. The world government guys, who were being presented as the good guys and the CIA, who was being presented as the bad guys. I will take neither, thank you. It reminded me a lot of when FOX used to present someone like McCain as the supposed good guy and if you didn't like him, they would say your choice was someone like Hillary. This type of thing is how old-time conservatives were slowly propagandized.

Green, I wish you could see that this is exactly what I see happening with the whole world government deal. It's not just that interview, although it was done there too; it's all around us. As people get more and more ticked at our government, they are going to be pushed towards the idea of how world government would save them from their evil governments. Of course, it would make the problems much, much worse.

I simply cannot just stand by when I see it happening. Even in a Lew Rockwell interview. And yes, I do realize there was much more being said in the interview, Green. I just wanted to point out that one facet and you chose to blow it up beyond all proportion. Beyond that, you wouldn't even talk about the issue. You chose to start flinging personal insults. If this is your approach in talking to people, I highly recommend you learn a new approach. Because this one is NOT effective; nor endearing.

You weren't pointing out one fact. You summarized the entire interview as being about that.

JFK was also for the global governance of the UN to end all conflicts. He had a lot of terrible political positions. Is he also being "put up as a saint" when we discuss why he was assassinated?

green73
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Um...

A question is not an accusation.

green73
01-11-2013, 11:53 AM
So is hijacking a whole thread and starting a flame war over a simple observation. Eagle never said that was the whole point of the interview, just that she didn't like it when anyone anywhere talks about anything resembling the 'New World Order' like it's a good thing. And considering that's the stuff propaganda campaigns and paradigm shifts in public perception is made of, I don't blame her--I even agree. Live with it.

She didn't turn it into the major focus of this thread. You did.

It takes two to tango. And her comments were more than a simple observation.

TheGrinch
01-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Misguided views about world government is rather irrelevant to who really killed JFK, no?

LibertyEagle
01-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Misguided views about world government is rather irrelevant to who really killed JFK, no?

No, it is never irrelevant. That is how people have gotten lulled to sleep and now believe that world government would be a viable alternative.

Thirty years ago you would be hard-pressed to find even 1 American who wouldn't say HELL NO.

My point was to just bring it to the readers' attention. It doesn't mean that the rest of the interview isn't interesting.

Case in point.

You weren't pointing out one fact. You summarized the entire interview as being about that.

JFK was also for the global governance of the UN to end all conflicts. He had a lot of terrible political positions. Is he also being "put up as a saint" when we discuss why he was assassinated?

:rolleyes:

green73
01-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I give up. Continue your temper tantrum as you will.

I'm quite calm actually. You were wrong. You don't want to admit it. That's fine. Carry on.

LibertyEagle
01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm quite calm actually. You were wrong. You don't want to admit it. That's fine. Carry on.

I freely admit when I am wrong, when I am wrong.

But, on this, I was quite accurate and do not regret pointing out what I did.

You, on the other hand, are behaving like a 10 year old.

green73
01-11-2013, 12:22 PM
:rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want but in 1945 he envisioned a world where the people of the planet would end all wars by "relinquishing international sovereignty".

green73
01-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I freely admit when I am wrong, when I am wrong.

But, on this, I was quite accurate and do not regret pointing out what I did.

You, on the other hand, are behaving like a 10 year old.

So, the summary is that the United World Federalists were good guys and hey, world government is good too.

Good summary.

acptulsa
01-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Roll your eyes all you want but in 1945 he envisioned a world where the people of the planet would end all wars by "relinquishing international sovereignty".

I think it's safe to say that in 1945, as a Lieutenant fresh out of the Navy's Patrol Torpedo Boat program, there was a thing or two about Woodrow Wilson the bootlegger's boy hadn't learned just yet. I also think it's safe to say that seventeen years later, as he was pissing the CIA off, he had learned a thing or two and his views on Wilson had changed a bit.

acptulsa
01-11-2013, 12:27 PM
People are allowed to get into positions of power because they toe the company line. Are you denying that JFK eventually went 'off the reservation'?

I think it's hilarious in retrospect that the big distraction of the day was whether the pope would have an undue influence on the young man. In John the 23rd's dreams.

green73
01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Are you denying that JFK eventually went 'off the reservation'?

Yes he did go off the res, but he was still very pro UN, even wanting to use it to disarm the people, as LE points out.

acptulsa
01-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes he did, but he was still very pro UN, even wanting to use it to disarm the people, as LE points out.

No one ever accused the Kennedy clan of lacking ambition. No one is more cognizant of the dangers of setting up a good racket and having someone steal it from you and take it over than the CIA.

And even if Kennedy wasn't foolish enough to think he could be World Emperor, he was still savvy enough to understand that it's politically dangerous to suddenly change your public tune, no matter what's going on behind the scenes.

If you're trying to convince us he kept himself forever on the same side as the CIA, well, I'd say you're ignoring a rather glaring bit of evidence, myself. If you're saying he was as bad as the guys who defeated him, well, I say that's a mighty tall claim.

green73
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
If you're trying to convince us he kept himself forever on the same side as the CIA, well, I'd say you're ignoring a rather glaring bit of evidence, myself. If you're saying he was as bad as the guys who defeated him, well, I say that's a mighty tall claim.

Not at all. The CIA/MIC hated him. It's fairly obvious that they had him killed. My original point, if you look back, is that we shouldn't dismiss parts of the story because of the peoples' political beliefs.

LibertyEagle
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM

Very powerful people have been envisioning the same thing further back than JFK.

They range from being useful idiots to evil bastards.

green73
01-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Very powerful people have been envisioning the same thing further back than JFK.

They range from being useful idiots to evil bastards.

We are in total agreement!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4in9srVNS1rwcc6bo1_400.gif