PDA

View Full Version : Gossip site Gawker publishes names of all licensed gun owners in New York City

Lucille
01-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Either Denton doesn't know or doesn't care how convenient (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400346-Ex-Burglars-Say-Newspaper%E2%80%99s-Gun-Map-Would%E2%80%99ve-Made-the-Job-Easier-Safer) he's making it for thieves.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2013/01/another-argument-against-registration.html

Registration of firearms of any kind cannot and should not be permitted, both due to its historical use in subsequent confiscations and because it is a clear violation of the Second Amendment, being a law that clearly hinders the right to bear arms. However, there is now another powerful argument to use against registration, which is the way that anti-gun media organizations are making public the lists of registered gun owners:

A gossip site has taken the controversial decision to post the name of every licensed gun owner in New York City online as the debate over gun control rages on. Gawker posted the list of names, which is already publicly available, today. It follows the move by the Journal News to publish home addresses of gun permit owners in Westchester and Rockland counties last month.

No doubt Nick Denton, Gawker's owner, will soon be cowering behind armed guards like the Journal News editor, Caryn A. McBride. It is clear that at least some of these anti-gunners are looking for a war. That they are dumb enough to seek one with a people who are clearly armed and more than willing to fight to defend their Second Amendment rights staggers the imagination. I suspect, that like the Germans and the Japanese before them, they mistake the American people's reluctance to fight for an unwillingness or an inability to do so.

I can't help but notice that Denton, like Piers Morgan, is another Redcoat attempting to disarm the Americans. Even after more than 200 years, they still haven't learned...

More at the link

Lucille
01-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Interesting comments there. One prog who calls himself dh said if the govt ordered him to help round up Jews and take them to death camps, he would do it. Not because he hates Jews, but because the govt told him to. Also, evidently he was born a natural slave, and the USG gave him his rights.

specsaregood
01-10-2013, 11:23 AM
I thought guns were highly restricted in NYC. If true, won't most of the people on that list be cops and the elite?

Lucille
01-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Someone in the comments said, "Cops both active and retired are not on this list." But I didn't see that in this article.

specsaregood
01-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Someone in the comments said, "Cops both active and retired are not on this list." But I didn't see that in this article.

If true then, All animals are equal and all that jazz...

Lucille
01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm not seeing that about cops on Gawker's piece anywhere.

Gawker's headline: Here Is a List of All the Assholes Handsome Law-Abiding Citizens Who Own Guns Some People in New York City
hxxp://gawker.com/5974190/here-is-a-list-of-all-the-assholes-who-own-guns-in-new-york-city

So, according to gawker, all gun owners are assholes, save a select few:

Here's the full, searchable, NYPD list. (And for the record, they are not all assholes. Some of them need guns for legitimate reasons for their jobs, like providing security for assholes.)

Brian4Liberty
01-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I can't help but notice that Denton, like Piers Morgan, is another Redcoat attempting to disarm the Americans. Even after more than 200 years, they still haven't learned...

The revenge of the redcoats.

AdamT
01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Such a shit site. I won't go there.