PDA

View Full Version : Beck slams Alex Jones

itshappening
01-10-2013, 06:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijm9AXeNEGo

Beck is snickering about Alex Jones: "I dont pay attention to him", yeah right Glenn you're a liar because you monitor him and steal ideas for your show all the time in your efforts to co-opt.

itshappening
01-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Glenn and his friends call Alex Jones: "stupid", "fat", "fascist", "dishonest", "dangerous", "deceitful".

paulbot24
01-10-2013, 07:03 AM
So Glenn is getting Alex confused with a Washington bureaucrat?:D

specsaregood
01-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Glenn and his friends call Alex Jones: "stupid", "fat", "fascist", "dishonest", "dangerous", "deceitful".

Yeah, well the same Glenn said, "hitler had some good ideas".

fr33
01-10-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't like them either but notice how the 9/11 thing is immediately the deal breaker and what they focus on.

KingNothing
01-10-2013, 07:20 AM
That's like the delusional, self-important, lunatic calling the delusional, self-important, lunatic a delusional, self-important, lunatic.

KingNothing
01-10-2013, 07:21 AM
I don't like them either but notice how the 9/11 thing is immediately the deal breaker and what they focus on.

Well, it tends to highlight a person's total detachment from logic and reality.

KingNothing
01-10-2013, 07:22 AM

"Good ideas," in theory. In theory. Or wait, no. That's communism. In theory.

Hitler just had good ideas.

compromise
01-10-2013, 07:30 AM

Source?

Glenn is being pretty rude in this video with his personal attacks, but I understand his point that Alex's rant may have been more harmful than it was helpful to the gun-rights movement. However, it does come off as somewhat hypocritical... if Glenn thinks he can do a better job, why doesn't he try and do it? I barely ever see Glenn speak up for gun rights.

specsaregood
01-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Source?

He said it in the debra medina interview, after he got her off the phone.

itshappening
01-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Beck is consumed with jealously. He can't stand it that Alex Jones is getting attention.

Danke
01-10-2013, 08:00 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtKsVv1HL6g

Romulus
01-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Breitbart slammed Beck for stealing his people.... Beck is a 2 face traitor. He'd rather divide than unite.. controlled op?

seyferjm
01-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Breitbart slammed Beck for stealing his people.... Beck is a 2 face traitor. He'd rather divide than unite.. controlled op?

IDK, I think that he is just selfish.

itshappening
01-10-2013, 08:12 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtKsVv1HL6g

I thought he didn't pay attention?

Irony being AJ was talking about Agenda 21 long before Beck showed up.

specsaregood
01-10-2013, 08:20 AM

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/andrew-breitbart-glenn-beck-dead-me

So we are supposed to believe that employers competing over employees is a bad thing? I'm not gonna love on Beck but screw that. If breitbart wanted to keep the employees he should make a better offer it is as simple as that.

TroySmith
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
He's right on Jones. Piers Morgan is bad, but Jones is just as bad.

osan
01-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Source?

Glenn is being pretty rude in this video with his personal attacks

Should have nipped it right there and you would have been good to go.

but I understand his point that Alex's rant may have been more harmful than it was helpful to the gun-rights movement.

The gun-rights "movement" is in about as bad a place as it can be. I found Jones' performance chafing my sense of good manners, but I immediately realized what he was doing. He had a rare opportunity to be heard in the MSM and was going for the gusto. Given how MSM routinely manages such exposures, what else was he to do if the goal was to get the words out? Morgan and his ilk are masterful at steering and have the power of the editor to cut off any stream of information they deem sufficiently undesirable to warrant the action. Jones appeared a bit boorish, but his only other choice was to be run flat by that pusillanimous limey prick. He refused to be diverted and took the steps necessary and pulled it off. That it made him look rude... well, there is nothing one can do about people unwilling or unable to view a situation strategically or to be educated on the matter. Jones had NOTHING to lose by going for the brass ring and that is apparently what he did. I cannot speak to his true and innermost personal motivations. Controlled opposition? Could well be - nothing like that would surprise me, though I would find it very disappointing.

However, it does come off as somewhat hypocritical... if Glenn thinks he can do a better job, why doesn't he try and do it? I barely ever see Glenn speak up for gun rights.

Beck is nothing if not a hypocrite. How could ANYONE with a shred of intelligence, self-respect, and decency place trust in a man who engaged in a schtick of crocodile tears... boo hooty hoo...? Beck should be relegated to the dustbin of ignominy.

Peace Piper
01-10-2013, 08:47 AM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1841/glennbeckasjoker.jpg

Glennnnn Beck isn't exactly bursting with either intelligence or creativity.
To see morons like him walking around making millions of dollars is a testament to PT Barnum and his intelligence.
Mencken too.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1905/beckcrying.jpg
your millions can't buy back your credibility, joker

BAllen
01-10-2013, 08:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_UWyZ9xf4

At his finest.

AuH20
01-10-2013, 09:08 AM
These two have been going at each other's throats for years. Nothing new. Of course, they should be working together.

compromise
01-10-2013, 09:12 AM
These two have been going at each other's throats for years. Nothing new. Of course, they should be working together.
As they both do the same thing, talk about conspiracy theories on the radio, it's natural they will be in competition with one another, rather than working together.

kcchiefs6465
01-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

brandon
01-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Lol Morgan, Jones, Beck.... who are we missing? Can we get Oreilly and Kokesh involved in this too somehow?

John F Kennedy III
01-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Beck is snickering about Alex Jones: "I dont pay attention to him", yeah right Glenn you're a liar because you monitor him and steal ideas for your show all the time in your efforts to co-opt.

+ infinite rep bro. Beck is a piece of shit fraud.

kcchiefs6465
01-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Lol Morgan, Jones, Beck.... who are we missing? Can we get Oreilly and Kokesh involved in this too somehow?
Lmao. You'd have to have Rush.

kcchiefs6465
01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Care to elaborate JFK? Perhaps an infowars article told you to neg rep me in every post? Meh, either way. +rep. Beck is a piece of shit fraud.

PaulConventionWV
01-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Source?

Glenn is being pretty rude in this video with his personal attacks, but I understand his point that Alex's rant may have been more harmful than it was helpful to the gun-rights movement. However, it does come off as somewhat hypocritical... if Glenn thinks he can do a better job, why doesn't he try and do it? I barely ever see Glenn speak up for gun rights.

It was a hatchet job. GB is part of the establishment, whether he is a "CIA operative" or not. He supports them and he spreads their lies. He sat there for 15 minutes just coming up with new ways to insult Alex Jones... WITHOUT EVEN MENTIONING HIS NAME!

He's "so unimportant" that he spends a whole 15 minutes degrading him. Everyone knows Jones' radio program is extremely popular. He was deliberately trying to avoid saying the guy's name so as not to give him any recognition and make him remain anonymous while hinting at his viewers to stay away from ANYONE with these types of beliefs. He passes it off as, "Oh, I forget what that guy's name is because he's so insigificant." No, Glenn, you know what his name is.

Masterfully carried out. It drives the hate deep into the sheeples' hearts, that's for sure.

PaulConventionWV
01-10-2013, 09:54 AM
IDK, I think that he is just selfish.

You have to recognize the signs. Once you see the mastery with which his propaganda is carried out, you'll realize whose agenda he's promoting. He spends more time making cruel, stupid jokes and wantonly throwing insults at people he doesn't like, than he does actually telling people facts and being civil.

ninepointfive
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Well, it's no wonder we never get along with the Glen Beck types. Never knew why until I heard that stuff - and here I was giving beck props a couple years back

jmdrake
01-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Well, it tends to highlight a person's total detachment from logic and reality.

Right. Because reality is the Pentagon telling you one day that they used DNA as proof of death for Osama Bin Laden, and then later when they are asked for the records via a FOIA they tell you they don't have the records. Your reality is a bit warped.

cbrons
01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Glenn Beck is an uneducated piece of trash. For all of you who listen to him, shame on you. Stop supporting these UNEDUCATED neo-con hacks!!! Support your fellow libertarians!!! like me!!!! :)!!!!!!!!!!!

Rush Limbaugh = no education
Sean Hannity = no education
Glenn Schmeck = no education
Chris Bronson = lots of education

:toady:

By the way, his sycophants "Stu" and whatever other idiot he has on with him are complete jokes.

ninepointfive
01-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Glenn Beck is an uneducated piece of trash. For all of you who listen to him, shame on you. Stop supporting these UNEDUCATED neo-con hacks!!! Support your fellow libertarians!!! like me!!!! :)!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, his sycophants "Stu" and whatever other idiot he has on with him are complete jokes.

I have reading your posts, and like what you want to accomplish.

Do you have an idea of your audience at the moment? how many people tune in? I listen to alex a lot, and I admit - I haven't yet listened to your show.

airborne373
01-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Crack - Head said WHAT! :toady:

cbrons
01-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I have reading your posts, and like what you want to accomplish.

Do you have an idea of your audience at the moment? how many people tune in? I listen to alex a lot, and I admit - I haven't yet listened to your show.

I have a few hundred or so. I'm in medical school right now otherwise I'd try to do radio full time. If I can get a bigger audience and a terrestrial radio gig I might consider leaving medicine, because medicine is horrible to be in right now. cbrons.com has all the old shows on it :)

I guess I'll have to talk about Glenn Schmeck this weekend on the radio

ninepointfive
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I have a few hundred or so. I'm in medical school right now otherwise I'd try to do radio full time. If I can get a bigger audience and a terrestrial radio gig I might consider leaving medicine, because medicine is horrible to be in right now. cbrons.com has all the old shows on it :)

do you publish youtube videos of you shows?

also - maybe you want to practice privetely aside from the current obamacare system

kathy88
01-10-2013, 10:43 AM

I'm sure with a little digging you could find some great examples of what a two faced liar he is

FSP-Rebel
01-10-2013, 10:49 AM
No friend of Beck here but I have to say this episode was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdES0GP0KhI

compromise
01-10-2013, 10:58 AM

There are a couple of good guys who've made it into the mainstream. Jerry Doyle, Peter Schiff, Mike Church to name a few. I only listen to videos of Glenn online when he has Napolitano, Penn or Rand on, even then I get a feeling Glenn doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Romulus
01-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Glenn is a guy who likes his voice so much that he never shuts up to listen and learn.

John F Kennedy III
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
It was a hatchet job. GB is part of the establishment, whether he is a "CIA operative" or not. He supports them and he spreads their lies. He sat there for 15 minutes just coming up with new ways to insult Alex Jones... WITHOUT EVEN MENTIONING HIS NAME!

He's "so unimportant" that he spends a whole 15 minutes degrading him. Everyone knows Jones' radio program is extremely popular. He was deliberately trying to avoid saying the guy's name so as not to give him any recognition and make him remain anonymous while hinting at his viewers to stay away from ANYONE with these types of beliefs. He passes it off as, "Oh, I forget what that guy's name is because he's so insigificant." No, Glenn, you know what his name is.

Masterfully carried out. It drives the hate deep into the sheeples' hearts, that's for sure.

Lol right? Alex Jones could retire and still have a bigger audience than Beck.

cbrons
01-10-2013, 11:09 AM
do you publish youtube videos of you shows?

also - maybe you want to practice privetely aside from the current obamacare system

yes there is a youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CbronsRadioChannel

John F Kennedy III
01-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Well, it's no wonder we never get along with the Glen Beck types. Never knew why until I heard that stuff - and here I was giving beck props a couple years back

I used to watch Beck religiously from January to May of 2011 when he left Fox. He talks a good talk if you don't know any better.

ninepointfive
01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
yes there is a youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CbronsRadioChannel

thanks - I'll subscribe

American Idol
01-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Lol right? Alex Jones could retire and still have a bigger audience than Beck.

Didn't Beck even move to Texas recently? Haha. He copies everything Jones does...

dinosaur
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Pot and Kettle. The joke is on us, though, if we let them divide us into two camps; those who trust Glenn and those who trust Alex. If people are entertained or informed by either of them, fine. But neither is to be trusted.

AuH20
01-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Pot and Kettle. The joke is on us, though, if we let them divide us into tow camps; those who trust Glenn and those who trust Alex. If people are entertained or informed by either of them, fine. But neither is to be trusted.

It's funny how we have 2 camps fighting over nonsense, when both men could very well be not what they seem. Nevertheless, they still peddle critical information.

ninepointfive
01-10-2013, 11:34 AM
It's funny how we have 2 camps fighting over nonsense, when both men could very well be not what seem. Nevertheless, they still peddle critical information.

you are a conspiracy theorist! =)

Athan
01-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Well, I guess that gives AJ some street cred there!

AuH20
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
you are a conspiracy theorist! =)

Jones, despite all his strong points, called William Cooper a vengeful drunk, which does not compute at all. Meanwhile, Beck was close to validating the existence of FEMA camps but then got crushed by Fox management, and proceeded to pull a complete 180. So they both shouldn't be trusted, but I don't slavishly follow personalities. I am drawn to ideas. That's where both Jones and Beck are strong. But beware if you are one of those cultist types.

COpatriot
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I can't listen to Beck and his mongoloid sidekicks for more than a few minutes. They're about as intolerable and irritating as Hannity and Levin who are just awful. Go to YouTube and listen to what Breitfart says about Beck. Really tells you all you need to know. Breitfart said more than once that he was warned by people in the conservative corner with bigger names and more influence than him that he was making a mistake associating with and trusting Glenn Beck and he learned the hard way that they were right about Beck's lying, backstabbing, and ripping off other people's material and presenting it as his own.

specsaregood
01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Go to YouTube and listen to what Breitfart says about Beck. Really tells you all you need to know.

Then 3months later, breitfart is dead.... :O

compromise
01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Jones, despite all his strong points, called William Cooper a vengeful drunk, which does not compute at all. Meanwhile, Beck was close to validating the existence of FEMA camps but then got crushed by Fox management, and proceed to pull a complete 180. So they both shouldn't be trusted, but I don't slavishly follow personalities. I am drawn to ideas. That's where both Jones and Beck are strong. But beware.

Ron Paul went on Beck's show and said the following about FEMA camps "Your concern, that they might be setting up these camps, that verge on concentration camps, there's no evidence that I can find that those are actually set up".

dinosaur
01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Ron Paul went on Beck's show and said the following about FEMA camps "Your concern, that they might be setting up these camps, that verge on concentration camps, there's no evidence that I can find that those are actually set up".

I saw that clip. In context it really sounded like Ron was deflecting a trap, rather than arguing against the existence of the camps. As a candidate, Ron had to be careful about what was said on the record.

ninepointfive
01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Jones, despite all his strong points, called William Cooper a vengeful drunk, which does not compute at all. Meanwhile, Beck was close to validating the existence of FEMA camps but then got crushed by Fox management, and proceeded to pull a complete 180. So they both shouldn't be trusted, but I don't slavishly follow personalities. I am drawn to ideas. That's where both Jones and Beck are strong. But beware if you are one of those cultist types.

I've heard that comment and heard the y2k broadcast. Honestly, the y2k broadcast is offensive, and Alex has changed a lot since then.

alsis8xmy
01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Lest we forgot how Beck exposed himself as nothing more than a turd sandwich after his treatment of Debra Medina. He's a has-been, trying to call himself libertarian. Ha Ha, what a joke!

osan
01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
There are a couple of good guys who've made it into the mainstream. Jerry Doyle, Peter Schiff, Mike Church to name a few. I only listen to videos of Glenn online when he has Napolitano, Penn or Rand on, even then I get a feeling Glenn doesn't really know what he's talking about.

The radio deal is interesting in that I don't know how these guys do it in terms of volume. I did radio for years in college (KDVS, UC Davis, WCCR/WHCR City College of New York)... mostly music programming but got into the politics as well, all to the anger and dismay of the liberals in the midst of which I found myself awash. Were I to return to the air, I am not sure how long I would last because my messages are simple and few. After broadcasting them, what in hell does one do, save repeat himself?

ninepointfive
01-10-2013, 12:32 PM
The radio deal is interesting in that I don't know how these guys do it in terms of volume. I did radio for years in college (KDVS, UC Davis, WCCR/WHCR City College of New York)... mostly music programming but got into the politics as well, all to the anger and dismay of the liberals in the midst of which I found myself awash. Were I to return to the air, I am not sure how long I would last because my messages are simple and few. After broadcasting them, what in hell does one do, save repeat himself?

you're probably an introvert, no? I couldn't talk that long either.

I remember attending a Kagan training for "multiple learning intelligences" and thinking I could summarize that entire 8 hour day into one half hour of relevant information.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I used to watch Beck religiously from January to May of 2011 when he left Fox. He talks a good talk if you don't know any better.

Yep, and then falls right into line when it matters. Time and time again.

cbrons
01-10-2013, 01:18 PM
I can't listen to Beck and his mongoloid sidekicks for more than a few minutes. They're about as intolerable and irritating as Hannity and Levin who are just awful. Go to YouTube and listen to what Breitfart says about Beck. Really tells you all you need to know. Breitfart said more than once that he was warned by people in the conservative corner with bigger names and more influence than him that he was making a mistake associating with and trusting Glenn Beck and he learned the hard way that they were right about Beck's lying, backstabbing, and ripping off other people's material and presenting it as his own.

Beck is uneducated. Same with Hannity and Limbaugh. These are guys who are supposedly at the forefront of modern day "CONservatism" (emphasis on the first syllable) and they don't even have a college education. Now college is overrated for sure, and a waste of money for most people. But in some cases you need formal schooling, and being a professional journalist at the forefront of the fight for liberty is one of those cases. When you are fighting the leftist hoards whose ideology is created and propagated first by Marxists with PhDs at Ivy League schools, I think it's kind of important for the leaders of the opposition to have some credentials of their own, and no it does not have to be in useless "poly-sci."

There is a reason why left-wing slime always look down their nose at anyone who isn't a statist lock-stepper like them - they see them as intellectual inferiors without the credentials or credibility to match their own. And just listening to Hannity and Beck, you can tell they aren't that well read or deep on the issues. And to someone who knows the issues inside and out, you can tell they're 100% pseudointellectuals reciting talking points or bylines from whatever is on the Current Events shelf at Barnes and Noble. We need to have higher standards.

As for Mark Levin, at least he is a Constitutional lawyer. I can't stand his neo-con-ism any more than most on here, and even less, but the fact of the matter is that he is a legitimately well credentialed person who does offer something to the dialogue from time to time. His monologue the week after the Newtown shooting when the gun grabbing was at fever pitch was 100% spot on. He's also been one of the leaders in not only making the argument for the unconstitutionality of Obamacare but also suing the federal government through his legal foundation and filing briefs on behalf of objecting states. Compare that to Glenn Schmuck, who ghost writes one book after another and never misses an opportunity to make a jack ass out of himself with a rally or public speaking event.

I mean the guy has to have 2 girly voiced stooges on his show with him holding his hand to make sure he has something to talk about for when his minimal level of knowledge runs out and he reverts to emotionalism (which he does anyway, despite the stooges).

We need more Ron Pauls and Andrew Napolitanos and fewer Glenn Schmeck's and Sean Hannitys. It's not just a matter of bringing more substance to the argument for liberty, but bringing more credibility.

You'd be surprised how many people enjoy listening to a parrot. It's a psychological need to have your own flimsy viewpoints reinforced day in and day out to prevent cognitive dissonance or a general questioning of your own inconsistencies, especially when you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.

Republicans good! Democrats bad! Republicans good! Democrats bad! Republicans good! Democrats bad!

I couldn't imagine listening to that garbage everyday, it has to be one of Dante's levels of hell.

AuH20
01-10-2013, 01:20 PM
As for Mark Levin, at least he is a Constitutional lawyer. I can't stand his neo-con-ism any more than most on here, and even less, but the fact of the matter is that he is a legitimately well credentialed person who does offer something to the dialogue from time to time. His monologue the week after the Newtown shooting when the gun grabbing was at fever pitch was 100% spot on. He's also been one of the leaders in not only making the argument for the unconstitutionality of Obamacare but also suing the federal government through his legal foundation and filing briefs on behalf of objecting states. Compare that to Glenn Schmuck, who ghost writes one book after another and never misses an opportunity to make a jack ass out of himself with a rally or public speaking event. I mean the guy has to have 2 girly voiced stooges on his show with him holding his hand to make sure he has something to talk about for when his minimal level of knowledge runs out and he reverts to emotionalism (which he does anyway, despite the stooges).

True. Glenn Beck's research staff and contributors should be getting a lot more respect than they currently do.

itshappening
01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
just tune out Levin whenever he talks foreign policy, he is 100% sound on nearly everything else.

Though i doubt the sincerity because there are many House Republicans like this and they won't tell us what they will cut from the budget to balance it.

puppetmaster
01-10-2013, 01:33 PM
divide and conquer.

sailingaway
01-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Well, to be fair, Alex kind of started it, calling Beck 'Sauron', and warning Ron against him. Doubtless both of their viewerships will go up with any controversy of this sort. They are both actually quite alike, stylistically, just not substantively. Which is to say, I think AJ deep down is really on the side of the light, and I have serious doubts about Beck.

sailingaway
01-10-2013, 01:37 PM
just tune out Levin whenever he talks foreign policy, he is 100% sound on nearly everything else.

Though i doubt the sincerity because there are many House Republicans like this and they won't tell us what they will cut from the budget to balance it.

No he isn't 100% on everything else because his foriegn policy DRIVES his opinions and he will smear people and causes aligned with anyone who doesn't fall in line with his foreign policy. He also ignores the constitution when it doesn't suit his purposes and ANY true constitutionalist realizes the protections of the Constitution HAVE to be extended to all or they protect no one.

Beck is far better than Levin in that he addresses at least SOME establishment hated issues and Levin addresses none - only red meat crap when it doesn't sway matters of importance, imho.