PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul at 8% in South Carolina, but...

RonPaulFanInGA
11-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Ron Paul has momentum. He is rising in the polls, no-doubt. But why are his unfavorables so high in New Hampshire and South Carolina? This worries me.

http://race42008.com/2007/11/21/poll-alert-rasmussen-south-carolina-gop-nomination-1121/

GOP Nomination

* Fred Thompson 21% * Mitt Romney 21% * Rudy Giuliani 13% * Mike Huckabee 12% * John McCain 9% * Ron Paul 8%

South Carolina Survey of 702 Likely GOP Voters. Conducted November 20, 2007 by Rasmussen Reports.

Very Favorable:

* Fred Thompson 32% * Mitt Romney 28% * Rudy Giuliani 24% * Mike Huckabee 22% * John McCain 19% * Ron Paul 14%

Somewhat Favorable

* Rudy Giuliani 48% * Fred Thompson 44% * Mitt Romney 44% * John McCain 39% * Mike Huckabee 35% * Ron Paul 21%

Somewhat Unfavorable:

* John McCain 27% * Ron Paul 25% * Mike Huckabee 20% * Rudy Giuliani 18% * Mitt Romney 17% * Fred Thompson 15%

Very Unfavorable:

* Ron Paul 25% * John McCain 12% * Mike Huckabee 9% * Rudy Giuliani 8% * Mitt Romney 8% * Fred Thompson 4%

JS4Pat
11-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Ron Paul has momentum. He is rising in the polls, no-doubt. But why are his unfavorables so high in New Hampshire and South Carolina?

Because peace isn't popular with rank & file Republicans.

RPinSEAZ
11-21-2007, 05:57 PM
The only answer is that their sample pool is weighted heavily with neo-cons.

paulitics
11-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I think the blind poll suggested that RP is least favorable among war hawks. So, yeah this makes sense that 50% don't like him if that is equal to the number of pro war repubs.

weatherbill
11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't pay attention to those polls.....polls are former bush voters and what who they are voting for this time around......RP has soe of them, but the mass majortiy of others voting for him....people haven't started paying attention yet....wait till afte rthe new year....our numbers will shock the vote just on the issues alone. freedom and cancelling the debt is very popular..... we will win

jamesmadison
11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Polls Are Fake.

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I think it's best to ignore polls in general, even ones with good results for Ron. None of them ever really hold any value.

manuel
11-21-2007, 06:14 PM
It's all due to the neocons.

livinglegend
11-21-2007, 06:22 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS!

Dr. Paul is gonna be in double digits nationwide in no time!

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna print up some flyers in the computer lab and start placing then around campus.

jb4ronpaul
11-21-2007, 06:23 PM
aren't those the guys that booed him when he said Christ was the Prince of Peace?

Jimmy
11-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Deep south.....If Bush announced on Fox he was going to invade the north pole and kill off the Eskimos ....ALOT of folks down south would jump right on board without a second thought......KILL ALL THEM CRAZY ESKIMOS!! GET EM! Its certainly not all of them but a good number...kinda sad really ...lived here all my life.....in Georgia and the lowcountry. There is some good Ron Paul support though.

dircha
11-21-2007, 06:27 PM
As I was commenting in a thread on a recent poll last night, the majority of likely Republican primary and caucus voters believe strongly that we should stay in Iraq, and strongly that we should militarily confront other countries in the Middle East.

Fortunately, and my point in that thread, is that around a third of likely Republican primary and caucus voters believe that we should be out of Iraq within 1-2 years, and believe that we will be safer if we stay out of the affairs of other Middle Eastern nations.

So to all of those saying that we are losing because Republicans don't like peace, I say that is a poor excuse. With these numbers, and a 5-way race, there is no reason we can not win the nomination if we can nail down the support of those with us on these positions. It is simply a matter of getting our message out there in a compelling way.

I've noticed that Dr. Paul frequently refrains from mentioning his support at party speaking engagements for getting out of Iraq and his believe that we are safer if we do not intervene in the affairs of other nations. Looking at the polls, I would tell him that he should be doing just the opposite; be emphasizing these points, and playing a nomination strategy of locking down that approximately 30% of the Republican base who is with him here. Because in a 5-way race, 30% wins.

ronpaulyourmom
11-21-2007, 06:32 PM
The latest in SC: 50% unfavorable vs 35% favorable; 1.4 to 1
Nov. 4 National: 36% unfavorable vs 25% favorable; 1.44 to 1
July 24 National: 38% unfavorable vs 20% favorable; 1.9 to 1

It's true that Ron Paul has some pretty bad unfavorables compared to the other candidates, but looking at those numbers I just posted you can see that the trend is a good one. As supporters we have to do our part and run a clean operation.

Mastiff
11-21-2007, 06:52 PM
It's not just the war probably. Anyone who actually takes positions instead of talking in generalities will be more polarizing.

monotony
11-21-2007, 06:56 PM
The likely GOP voters completely distorts the reality of the poll, and completely invalidates the results. Expecting those polls to in any way predict the outcome of election is to allow them to control your reality.

The reality is that an extremely large portion of Ron Paul's revolutionaries were not even previous voters, much less likely GOP voters. His message has galvanized every single community of people who understand and believe in freedom. My friends, that is a lot of people. And it will grow every single day until the primaries and throughout. There will be far more non-likely GOP voters than there will be likely ones, and they are all voting for Ron Paul.

As we begin pulling double digits away from likely GOP voters, which is inevitable, we will blow the roof of this thing come primary day.

RevolutionSD
11-21-2007, 07:04 PM
There should be no "but" on the title of this post.

We went from 3% to 8% in ONE MONTH in SC?

That's HUGE!!!!

PARTY TIME!!! :cool:

Alabama Supporter
11-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Fox News is effective. Most of the people polled probably watch Fox News all day. What are you to expect when they get their disinformation from Bill O and Vannity.

AgentPaul001
11-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Wow 8% in South Carolina is GREAT considering the situation thus far. Once he starts polling in double digits in New Hampshire, that'll be sure to get some press talking.

I'm hoping Ron Paul is able to make some more high exposure trips to South Carolina and Iowa soon to help boost his numbers.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Every time I see a poll I think: "F*CK YOU FRANK!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4

Sandra
11-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I know a woman that owns a company that conducts polls in Texas. She is paid by the organization who has chosen what the end result of the poll WILL BE. I really don't think she actually does any polling at all, she just provides a false front for the organization to release press releases with "poll" findings that favor their agenda. And it's all perfectly legal.

noztnac
11-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm from South Carolina. South Carolinian Republicans are big on three things.

1. They are pro second amendment.
2. They are pro life.
3. They don't like hypocrisy.

If we can make South Carolinians aware of a few key facts Ron Paul can win South Carolina.

1. Giuliani is pro gun control, pro choice, and he dodged the draft during Vietnam to work in a law firm hypocritically prosecuting draft dodgers.

2. Romney flip flops on issues 1 and 2 and spent Vietnam bicycling around France spreading Mormonism to the French.

When South Carolinians know where the candidates really stand it should be an even race between Ron Paul and Huckabee. We just need to get the truth out there.

By the way, South Carolinians love NASCAR. I personally don't but we should definitely attend some races with campaign materials to pass out. We should also make signs and someone with a plane should do a repeated flyover of the upcoming races.

Finally, we need to hit this weekend South Carolina Clemson football game in a big way.

Derek
11-21-2007, 07:27 PM
By the way, South Carolinians love NASCAR. I personally don't but we should definitely attend some races with campaign materials to pass out. We should also make signs and someone with a plane should do a repeated flyover of the upcoming races.

It might be kind of late for that .... the NASCAR season just ended. :D

Alabama Supporter
11-21-2007, 07:28 PM
He's catchin on....

(Had to do it)

Shellshock1918
11-21-2007, 07:45 PM
These mainstream Republicans disgust me. As a Republican, I can say these guys are the dumbest mother f**kers in the party. Complete idiots.