View Full Version : I am tapped out!

Reason
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I am a student with a part time job,

In 2012:

I became a disabled vet CRPA life member $400

I joined the NRA life member $25/every 3 months until $1000 program

I give $25/month to the Calguns Foundation

I gave 50$ to a state level gun rights organization in each respective state where there was a highly publicized mass shooting.

I gave $100 to the SAF

I gave $50 to the GOA

I purchased NRA life memberships $25/every 3 months until $1000 for each one of my parents in December.

I purchased 5k total rounds of ammo, 1 pistol, 1 rifle, 1 safe.

$250 Shooting range membership

I have taken many first time shooters to the range in 2012.

I am tapped out.

I can't contribute any more $ at the point.

I will continue my monthly CGF donation and my 75$ every 3 months for the NRA memberships.

If you are in a better financial position than a broke college student working part time please make sure you're doing more than I am!

Suzu
01-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Wow, I had no idea that a "broke" college student nowadays is so much better off than a disabled retiree! My only luxury in life these days is once every two months, lunch at a restaurant that has a special price for seniors.

TheTexan
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Save your NRA donations and spend it on freeze dried food. Just IMO :)

fr33
01-10-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm not a member of anything that I can think of.

Do you feel your money is well spent on these organizations?

AGRP
01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Giving money makes you a better person?

Reason
01-10-2013, 11:04 PM
wow

squarepusher
01-10-2013, 11:07 PM
420 Blaze It

dinosaur
01-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Thanks for your sacrifice. That wasn't easy to do with a part-time college job.

tangent4ronpaul
01-10-2013, 11:27 PM
I gave 50$ to a state level gun rights organization in each respective state where there was a highly publicized mass shooting.

Others might donate if you provided contact info.

-t

Keith and stuff
01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Save your NRA donations and spend it on freeze dried food. Just IMO :)

Or protein powder found on sale. I found some super cheap protein powder at Ocean State Job Lot 1 day. I think it was $2 for a weeks worth of protein. Even at regular price, 5 lbs can be found for $37 online. Weight gainer would be even cheaper at around $45 for 12 lbs. Though in a multivitamin, some powdered milk, a stable oil, a source of fiber and some canned veggies or fruit and you are good to go. You could even use the juice and oil to mix the weight gainer or protein powder. But you only need a few months of food anyway. Unless you have a long term water plan and are expecting something horrible.

Though, I'm a lifetime NRA member myself. I did join while I was still young so I got a large discount.

heavenlyboy34
01-10-2013, 11:35 PM
I am a student with a part time job,

In 2012:

I became a disabled vet CRPA life member $400

I joined the NRA life member $25/every 3 months until $1000 program

I give $25/month to the Calguns Foundation

I gave $100 to the SAF

I gave $50 to the GOA

I purchased NRA life memberships $25/every 3 months until $1000 for each one of my parents in December.

I purchased 5k total rounds of ammo, 1 pistol, 1 rifle, 1 safe.

$250 Shooting range membership

I have taken many first time shooters to the range in 2012.

I am tapped out.

I can't contribute any more $ at the point.

I will continue my monthly CGF donation and my 75$ every 3 months for the NRA memberships.

If you are in a better financial position than a broke college student working part time please make sure you're doing more than I am!
If you're that broke, don't donate. Save or invest in something with a good return. That way, you can give more to your pet causes in the future. Always think long term! :) (I learned that the hard way :/ Be glad you have the interwebz to help you with that kind of thing. :D )