PDA

View Full Version : White House Rejects Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

green73
01-09-2013, 02:14 PM
http://observer.com/2013/01/piers-morgan-can-stay-in-us/

When Discussing the Second Amendment, Keep the First in Mind Too

By Jay Carney

Thank you for participating in We the People to speak out on an issue that matters to you.

Let’s not let arguments over the Constitution’s Second Amendment violate the spirit of its First. President Obama believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. However, the Constitution not only guarantees an individual right to bear arms, but also enshrines the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press — fundamental principles that are essential to our democracy. Americans may disagree on matters of public policy and express those disagreements vigorously, but no one should be punished by the government simply because he or she expressed a view on the Second Amendment — or any other matter of public concern.

We recognize that the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, sparked an intense, and at times emotional, national conversation about the steps we can take as a country to reduce gun violence. In fact, your petition is one of many on the issue, and President Obama personally responded by sharing his viewson this important issue.

sailingaway
01-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Look at that crap in the last paragraph, as if anyone was asking the PRESIDENT to reduce gun violence in that petition. The government does not equal the community.

Mind you, I didn't sign, because I don't think people should be deported for their views.

I do think we could do without him, however.

Lucille
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
However, the Constitution not only guarantees an individual right to bear arms, but also enshrines the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press — fundamental principles that are essential to our democracy

Which must mean why O Duce is just dying to get his ever-regulating hands on the internet too?

KingNothing
01-09-2013, 02:26 PM
"President Obama believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms."

He does? Really?

LibertyEagle
01-09-2013, 02:27 PM
How about a petition to unseat the President for claiming that we are a democracy.

sailingaway
01-09-2013, 02:28 PM
"President Obama believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms."

He does? Really?

ever since the SCOTUS said so, not before, per his prior missives.

green73
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
This is on Drudge:

White House is wrong: First Amendment doesn’t protect Piers Morgan from deportation

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/white-house-is-wrong-first-amendment-doesnt-protect-piers-morgan-from-deportation/

Acala
01-09-2013, 02:44 PM

He does? Really?

Yup. An atlatl is an arm. You can have one. After a background check to see if you are crazy.

Acala
01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Piers Morgan will be the new Gun Tzar

Keith and stuff
01-09-2013, 02:55 PM
In fact, your petition is one of many on the issue, and President Obama personally responded by sharing his viewson this important issue.

Clearly, it was written by someone claiming to be Jay Carney. How did Obama personally respond? And as was pointed out, we don't live in a democracy. Maybe a demoCrazy, but that is a different issue.

shane77m
01-09-2013, 02:56 PM
fundamental principles that are essential to our democracy.

More brainwashing the populace into believing we are a democracy. It is popping up everywhere.

nobody's_hero
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
After listening to Alex Jones offer to take him shooting, I thought it would be funnier to let him stay. If we turn Piers into an American it might hurt his feelings worse than if we deport him, lol.

mello
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
The President is supposed to protect all of the Constitution, not just the parts he likes.

Confederate
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Maybe we should start a "Deport Obama Back to Kenya" Petition :p

Pericles
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne. In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope.

fisharmor
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Yup. An atlatl is an arm. You can have one. After a background check to see if you are crazy.

....and, lest we forget, anyone who wants to own an atlatl is crazy.

twomp
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
After listening to Alex Jones offer to take him shooting, I thought it would be funnier to let him stay. If we turn Piers into an American it might hurt his feelings worse than if we deport him, lol.

Well he would have to get in line. There are thousands of legal immigrants waiting to become citizens, and he shouldn't get to cut in line.

shane77m
01-09-2013, 03:30 PM
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

JK/SEA
01-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne. In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope.

give me liberty or give me death.

Acala
01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
....and, lest we forget, anyone who wants to own an atlatl is crazy.

Hahaha. Catch-22

jmdrake
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Well at least that's a step up. When I signed a petition to support gun rights I got an email thanking me for signing a petition for Obama to "do something about gun violence". :rolleyes: Say what you want about Alex Jones, but he has changed the tenor of this debate and I believe for the better. It's no longer proceeding like it is a "done deal".

Lucille
01-09-2013, 03:58 PM

+rep

And this is for the Carney:

http://rlv.zcache.com/second_amendment_protects_first_amendment_photoscu lpture-p153019288160908173env3c_400.jpg