PDA

View Full Version : White House Threatens "Executive Orders" on Guns

green73
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/H2jmJ.png

Vice President Joe Biden revealed that President Barack Obama might use an executive order to deal with guns.

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.

Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently take place at the White House.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

green73
01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
I think Drudge has crashed the website.

shane77m
01-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Saving life's? They are probably going to cause the deaths of thousands and up if they pass any more gun control laws.

phill4paul
01-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Saving life's? They are probably going to cause the deaths of thousands and up if they pass any more gun control laws.

This.

jclay2
01-09-2013, 11:57 AM
So it looks like my hopes of owning an ar/ak are out the window. Screw you obama, you freaking tyrant.

kathy88
01-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Oh shit. Buckle up.

Lucille
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah, they have big, big plaaaans.

White House Considering Wider Ranging Gun-Control Than Initially Expected
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400567-White-House-Considering-Wider-Ranging-Gun-Control-Than-Initially-Expected

In addition to potential legislative proposals, Biden’s group has expanded its focus to include measures that would not need congressional approval and could be quickly implemented by executive action, according to interest-group leaders who have discussed options with Biden and key Cabinet secretaries. Possibilities include changes to federal mental-health programs and modernization of gun-tracking efforts by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

http://reason.com/24-7/2013/01/07/white-house-considering-wider-ranging-gu

paulbot24
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Will the real Congress of the United States please stand up now?

CaptUSA
01-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Biden is the perfect tool for trial balloons. Throw it out there, see how much chaos ensues, if not enough, proceed with plan, if too much, just say Biden misspoke.

TheTexan
01-09-2013, 11:59 AM
There's a high probability that the White House explicitly wants a civil war, and they want it now. The dollar won't last much longer, they know it, we know it. I'm not sure how they plan to save the dollar with a civil war, perhaps by issuing war bonds with an eye towards inflating the debt away.

FSP-Rebel
01-09-2013, 12:00 PM
I dare you Obama.

CaptUSA
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure how they plan to save the dollar with a civil war, perhaps by issuing war bonds with an eye towards inflating the debt away.Probably have no intention of saving the dollar. They want the war so they can blame the collapse on something other than the government. "If not for this misguided uprising, everything would be unicorns and rainbows!"

kathy88
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I think it's time for everyone to get in touch with their County Sheriff's office and see where they stand on this issue.

TheTexan
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Probably have no intention of saving the dollar. They want the war so they can blame the collapse on something other than the government. "If not for this misguided uprising, everything would be unicorns and rainbows!"

Yes that seems more likely

libertygrl
01-09-2013, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNjxzFgKcHY&feature=player_embedded

itshappening
01-09-2013, 12:04 PM
So it looks like my hopes of owning an ar/ak are out the window. Screw you obama, you freaking tyrant.

Have you been saving up for one? what do they cost?

kcchiefs6465
01-09-2013, 12:07 PM
They're through the roof now. Cabela's was completly sold out of their 'assault weapons.' If you can find one expect to pay 2-3 times higher than a few years ago. I'd heard the AR variants are going upwards of 2,500-3,000 a piece.

Brett85

You better buy one while you still can.

oyarde
Have you been saving up for one? what do they cost? pricey.

jclay2
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM

Supplies are pretty much nonexistant right now thanks to these decrees.

Brett85
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I say bring it and see how many of us actually turn in our guns. Let's see whether this action starts a civil war.

ZENemy
01-09-2013, 12:11 PM
They could pass an EO that said whales are now gods, do I give a fuck?

1. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
2. The constitution is the SUPREME law of the land
3. Fuck them

TheTexan
01-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Food is still cheap, and is just as if not MORE important than having a weapons arsenal. It may be too late to stock up on weapons, but stock up on food... while you can...

Darguth
01-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Food is still cheap, and is just as if not MORE important than having a weapons arsenal. It may be too late to stock up on weapons, but stock up on food... while you can...

You *should* stock food, but the means to protect a stockpile (AKA weapons) is still crucial to ensure the value of that stockpile.

AFPVet
01-09-2013, 12:16 PM
There's no such thing as an 'assault weapon'. Assault rifles are fully automatic rifles chambered in immediate cartridges. What they are talking about are semi-autos that 'look scary' and can accept a full capacity magazine. Another thing to consider is that murderers can just use a bunch of small mags... full caps don't matter. Some people are dumb.

Oh, and there have been chainsaw massacres... do we see chainsaw control?

Todd
01-09-2013, 12:16 PM
I say bring it and see how many of us actually turn in our guns. Let's see whether this action starts a civil war.

I'm gonna say it won't. I'm afraid that many are gonna do just as they're told.

AFPVet
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM

You're right... the Jews did.

TheTexan
01-09-2013, 12:18 PM
You *should* stock food, but the means to protect a stockpile (AKA weapons) is still crucial to ensure the value of that stockpile.

A handgun can be used to find your way to a rifle. 'nuff said.

The unfortunate reality is that it may be too late to buy a rifle. Definitely get one if you can. But the few that are available may be out of many people's price range.

If you don't have a weapon AT ALL.. I agree, that's your #1 priority right now. But the stock AR's that are running $2000+ right now are not necessarily needed

AuH20
01-09-2013, 12:19 PM
I may regroup in the South. The South will not take this lying down. Obama's goons have no idea what they are stirring unless he intends to bring in select military elements.

jllundqu
01-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I predict they will scrub the Veterans Affairs files for anyone even remotely linked to PTSD - Instantly denying 2nd amendment to millions of veterans.

AFPVet
01-09-2013, 12:26 PM

The unfortunate reality is that it may be too late to buy a rifle. Definitely get one if you can. But the few that are available may be out of many people's price range.

If you don't have a weapon AT ALL.. I agree, that's your #1 priority right now. But the stock AR's that are running $2000+ right now are not necessarily needed

I don't mean to sound crass, but people should have bought weapons and ammo YEARS ago. The time to prepare isn't during the event....

Matt Collins
01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Are they TRYING to start an armed revolt? :rolleyes:

specsaregood
01-09-2013, 12:29 PM
I welcome his decision to disarm the executive branch.

Matt Collins
pricey.This may actually be a part of their twisted dislogical gun control plan. Continue to drive the prices up and limit supply so that the average person has a hard time affording them. This of course takes economics into effect, but of course the government has no understanding of that concept whatosever.

TheTexan
Are they TRYING to start an armed revolt? :rolleyes:

I believe they are, yes.

specsaregood
I predict they will scrub the Veterans Affairs files for anyone even remotely linked to PTSD - Instantly denying 2nd amendment to millions of veterans.

Wouldn't that disarm a bunch of cops?

Matt Collins
I may regroup in the South. The South will not take this lying down. Obama's goons have no idea what they are stirring unless he intends to bring in select military elements.The west won't take it either. When I was in Montana state legislators were seriously talking to be about secession. Their government is Democrat now so that won't happen, but trust me when I say the people in the west aren't going to take this at all either.

AuH20
The false flag must be already scheduled.

TheTexan
01-09-2013, 12:30 PM

Nice joke :) Had me laughing for a while there

Darguth
01-09-2013, 12:31 PM
I don't mean to sound crass, but people should have bought weapons and ammo YEARS ago. The time to prepare isn't during the event....

True, but traditionally non-controversial firearms such as shotguns and hunting rifles are still readily available even if semi-auto rifles and handguns are growing in scarcity. I strongly suggest anyone thinking about stockpiling resources start off with investing in such a weapon (I use a 12ga pump-action, tactical shotgun) prior to buying food and the like.

No point investing in something you can't protect when SHTF.

jllundqu
01-09-2013, 12:32 PM

Yep, I know lots of cops/feds with PTSD, but I'm sure they will exempt them with a flick of a pen.

Immortal Technique
01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Biden: Obama to Use Executive Orders On Gun Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYGEdJEi_g

shane77m
01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
True, but traditionally non-controversial firearms such as shotguns and hunting rifles are still readily available even if semi-auto rifles and handguns are growing in scarcity. I strongly suggest anyone thinking about stockpiling resources start off with investing in such a weapon (I use a 12ga pump-action, tactical shotgun) prior to buying food and the like.

No point investing in something you can't protect when SHTF.

One of my local gun stores still had several bolt action rifles and some pump action shotguns this past weekend. They had several revolvers and few semi-auto pistols. The problem is the ammo. You might have to choose a gun around the available ammo at this time.

Pericles
01-09-2013, 12:34 PM

The stuff was there at the Dallas gun show last weekend, if you were willing to pay for it. Cheap ass Bushmaster ARs at $1600, better stuff at $2700 and loads of private sellers with ARs hoping to cash in. Nobody was buying, because everybody could tell that prices will have to drop because nobody is buying.

Used AR 30 rounders at $20 and PMAGS starting at $50. All the 5.56 at 75 cents or less a round sold, but you still stock up at $1 per round.

People were trying to get $1000 for AKs and $700 for SKSs, but that didn't fly either.

Handgun prices had minimal increases.

I got an OK deal on some SAPI plates for my OTV.

youngbuck
01-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Sounds good to me; I've always wanted to live in a dictatorship.

jclay2
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
The false flag must be already scheduled.

THIS THIS THIS. Watchout. All they need to really get the ball rolling is another mass shooting to follow sandy hook and batman. History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme!!!

The day after the fire Hitler asked for and received from President Hindenburg the Reichstag Fire Decree, signed into law by Hindenburg using Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution. The Reichstag Fire Decree suspended most civil liberties in Germany[6] and was used by the Nazis to ban publications not considered "friendly" to the Nazi cause.

specsaregood
01-09-2013, 12:39 PM
THIS THIS THIS. Watchout. All they need to really get the ball rolling is another mass shooting to follow sandy hook and batman. History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme!!!

If they really wanted to false flag it, they'd take out an anti-gun journalist and blame it on a gun nut.

QuickZ06
01-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Sounds good to me; I've always wanted to live in a dictatorship.

Comrades! Today is a glorious day for the motherland!

AFPVet
01-09-2013, 12:40 PM
The stuff was there at the Dallas gun show last weekend, if you were willing to pay for it. Cheap ass Bushmaster ARs at $1600, better stuff at $2700 and loads of private sellers with ARs hoping to cash in. Nobody was buying, because everybody could tell that prices will have to drop because nobody is buying.

Used AR 30 rounders at $20 and PMAGS starting at $50. All the 5.56 at 75 cents or less a round sold, but you still stock up at $1 per round.

People were trying to get $1000 for AKs and $700 for SKSs, but that didn't fly either.

Handgun prices had minimal increases.

I got an OK deal on some SAPI plates for my OTV.

Just a few years ago, an ArmaLite AR-10 .308/7.62 carbine was $1500 without tax and 50 rnd battle packs of MagTech .308 150gr was $20 and 20 rnd .308 mags were $180 for a six pack. Also level IV vests were $400 and level IIIA helmets were $200. At least you can still get LBVs for cheap.

shane77m
01-09-2013, 12:41 PM
If they really wanted to false flag it, they'd take out an anti-gun journalist and blame it on a gun nut.

Piers Morgan would be perfect for that with all of the controversy surrounding him here lately. He might to obvious for a false flag though.

jllundqu
01-09-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm staying in Arizona or moving to Texas... I don't see Texans being disarmed anytime soon.

TheTexan
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't see Texans being disarmed anytime soon.

No, sir. Not a chance

Zippyjuan
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
This was a trial balloon. Sounds like it is not getting a good reception so will probably be dropped.

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

ZENemy
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Awesome!

AuH20
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM

White supremacist led militia group attacks and burns down the regional ATF office as a pre-emptive strike. Something along those lines. Obama needs to convince the the sheeple, I mean people, that he will reluctantly confront evil.

Cowlesy
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Will *ANY* Republicans be willing to counter-punch, and counter-punch hard on this? Gun violence is tragic, as is all violence. It's not the millions upon millions of us responsible owners (or past owners) that are the problem, it's that statistically in a society so large, you're going to have some sick assholes who go on these sprees. You can't legislate away the root cause which is crazy people.

shane77m
It is funny that O'Biden says that it is a "moral issue." This administration has no morals.

angelatc

A lot of the posters here are pretty young.

KingNothing
01-09-2013, 12:45 PM

If you stock up on food but not guns and ammo, you're just organizing supplies into one location for the guy who does stock up on guns and ammo.

jllundqu
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
White supremacist led militia group attacks and burns down the regional ATF office as a pre-emptive strike. Something along those lines. Obama needs to convince the the sheeple, I mean people, that he will reluctantly confront evil.

Sounds more than plausible... Some "Sovereign Citizen Militia" or Neo-Nazi group will [ahem] *attack* a government facility and *force* the President to *take action* for our own *protection*.....

Darguth
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
You might have to choose a gun around the available ammo at this time.

That's why I recommended a shotgun. Shotgun shells and slugs are still very readily available. It's the handgun and rifle ammo that is disappearing from the shelves. However, I doubt ammo supply will be an issue in the long-term because it is unlikely to be caught by legislation. It's the firearms and magazines themselves that will be targeted.

seyferjm
It is funny that O'Biden says that it is a "moral issue." This administration has no morals.
What a mother effin' crock of BS! It's not a moral issue when a drone kills dozens of innocent people, but it is when they "step in" to save us from gun owners!?!

AuH20
I need to find some ESAPI Level IV (resistance to 7.62 x 51/.308 cal) plates and quick. Either 10x12 or 11x14.

VanBummel
01-09-2013, 12:48 PM
An Executive Order? Damn...it really says something when you can't even get 51% of the power hungry scumbags in Congress to support your gun-grabbing schemes.

torchbearer
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Will *ANY* Republicans be willing to counter-punch, and counter-punch hard on this? Gun violence is tragic, as is all violence. It's not the millions upon millions of us responsible owners (or past owners) that are the problem, it's that statistically in a society so large, you're going to have some sick assholes who go on these sprees. You can't legislate away the root cause which is crazy people.

perhaps the counter mantra needs to be- if we want to avoid violence, we should avoid gun control legislation.
otherwise, there will be a lot of violence and a lot of death.

shane77m
01-09-2013, 12:50 PM
http://youtu.be/G4p-7rSrNl0

http://youtu.be/O4uZH1XLbD4

http://youtu.be/Y88VNIeNSZo

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 12:51 PM

This is why I really think we need to take a vocal stand now! We need a declaration that can be disseminated far and wide. I'm not the one to write it, but maybe RPFs can put one together and we can put it through the social networks and get it on Drudge, get it to Swann and the Judge. AJ, in all his uh...glory...lit the match - a written declaration now, that we intend to defend our 2nd amendment, is in order.

shane77m
01-09-2013, 12:52 PM
That's why I recommended a shotgun. Shotgun shells and slugs are still very readily available. It's the handgun and rifle ammo that is disappearing from the shelves. However, I doubt ammo supply will be an issue in the long-term because it is unlikely to be caught by legislation. It's the firearms and magazines themselves that will be targeted.

My local Wal Mart had some 3" 12 gauge buckshot the other day. I wish I had bought some. 22mag seems to be prevalent around here also.

specsaregood
01-09-2013, 12:52 PM

Won't work, attacking the government doesn't fit the memo about the 2nd amendment being about hunting or 1on1 murder. They don't want to go down that path, better to make some "innocent" 3rd party be the victim. that's how i would look at it if i was an evil sob.

KingNothing
01-09-2013, 12:53 PM

My guess is that they won't need a false flag. They'll reach a "middle ground" which is a more aggressive ban than the 1994 ban. Then, when the next tragedy happens, they won't let it go to waste. They'll quickly move to further limit guns. Then, years later when yet another tragedy happens, they'll confiscate all asault weapons and severly limit handgun ownership. When this or something like it happens, I hope people attribute it to a NWO insider giving me elite, top-secret, information.

AuH20
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
My guess is that they won't need a false flag. They'll reach a "middle ground" which is a more aggressive ban than the 1994 ban. Then, when the next tragedy happens, they won't let it go to waste. They'll quickly move to further limit guns. Then, years later when yet another tragedy happens, they'll confiscate all asault weapons and severly limit handgun ownership. When this or something like it happens, I hope people attribute it to a NWO insider giving me elite, top-secret, information.

But do they have the time to play gradualism??????? I don't think so.

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
One of my local gun stores still had several bolt action rifles and some pump action shotguns this past weekend. They had several revolvers and few semi-auto pistols. The problem is the ammo. You might have to choose a gun around the available ammo at this time.

Probably not a bad idea for people to consider reloaders.

KingNothing
01-09-2013, 01:00 PM
But do they have the time to play gradualism??????? I don't think so.

Why's this a race against the clock?

Deborah K
If you stock up on food but not guns and ammo, you're just organizing supplies into one location for the guy who does stock up on guns and ammo.

There are bows and arrows, sling shots, and booby traps that will work in a pinch, if someone can't get a gun.

KingNothing
There are bows and arrows, sling shots, and booby traps that will work in a pinch, if someone can't get a gun.

And once liberals realize that those things can be used to hurt people, they'll be banned too. Also, rocks and pointy sticks.

libertygrl
01-09-2013, 01:01 PM
There's a high probability that the White House explicitly wants a civil war, and they want it now.

That may very well be the goal. Over the years people in the so called "conspiracy world" have been warning of the govt.'s intention to ignite a spark that will finally incite Americans to react, so that they can implement martial law. Are we at the point of no return? Order out of Chaos.

roho76
01-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Ordered an Rock River Arms AR in 5.56 a couple weeks ago. Hope it gets here before things get serious. Just picked up a Kahr CM40 about an hour ago for my wife to carry.

AuH20
01-09-2013, 01:02 PM

Look at the debt clock. The real unemployment numbers. One third of all mortgages are under water. They don't have much time.

Zippyjuan
01-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Biden is also meeting with the NRA tomorrow along with Gun Owners of America. Walmart is trying to get a meeting too.

KingNothing
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Look at the debt clock. The real unemployment numbers. One third of all mortgages are under water. They don't have much time.

People could have said this or similar things in the 1970s, 1980s, part of the 1990's, and every year of the 21st century. The world won't end with a bang, my friend. America and American Greatness is going out with a whimper.

Tod
01-09-2013, 01:09 PM

collapse of the dollar.

jllundqu
01-09-2013, 01:11 PM
And once liberals realize that those things can be used to hurt people, they'll be banned too. Also, rocks and pointy sticks.

And harsh language!

kahless
01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
collapse of the dollar.

Civil unrest with the executive order could spark it. This is some scary shit.

It always worried me that Obama's favorite President is Lincoln.

EBounding
01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
It's crap like this that makes me wish Obama lost....

specsaregood
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM

Yeah, Mr. Mitt "I like mandates" Romney surely wouldn't have tried this.

Todd
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
You're right... the Jews did.

Do you know why? Here's what I think. Because it's easy for people to say they WILL NOT do "X", but much more difficult in actuality when the Gun is at their head. It's called HOPE. People hope that if they comply they won't get in any trouble, that they won't lose their lives, that they will be OK. Look at how many people get caught for murder and when they are interrogated they spill the beans right there and then. It's HOPE.

The Jews hoped they were doing what they had to do so they would live not realizing that they were going to their deathbeds. The psychology of it all is really something. I think that our leaders know this.

Anti Federalist
01-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Enough talk.

Come and get them, motherfuckers.

Anti Federalist
01-09-2013, 01:33 PM

LOL - yeah that remark was hilarious.

Mitt already did in Mass. what O-Bomb-Ya is just now starting to do.

AuH20
01-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Everyone has a plan until they get smacked in the face. And this truth applies to both sides.

Lucille
01-09-2013, 01:41 PM
My local Wal Mart had some 3" 12 gauge buckshot the other day. I wish I had bought some. 22mag seems to be prevalent around here also.

Speaking of WalMart:

Wal-Mart Agrees to Meet With Biden Task Force on Gun Policy
Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2013/01/09/walmart-to-meet-with-biden-on-gun-policy-thursday/#ixzz2HVcEMpdG

In an effort to sell legislative changes that could prove deeply unpopular among gun advocates, the White House is seeking to rally support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses, the Washington Post reported.

For example, gun retailers may decide they can boost sales if they support closing a loophole that lets people avoid background checks if they buy firearms at gun shows.

“Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly,” Wal-Mart said.

The company added, "We take this issue very seriously and are committed [to] staying engaged in this discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward."

But of course.

paulbot24
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Walmart. Always traitorous. Always.

EBounding
01-09-2013, 01:46 PM

Oh I know. It's just the political consequences would have been much worse for Romney than it is right now for Obama. Its awful all the way around.

kahless
01-09-2013, 01:48 PM

Things may not have been any different considering Romney was the first governor in the nations history to pass an assault weapons ban.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
This country has really gone bunkers.

Has a White House ever threatened such a thing?

Anti Federalist
01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Walmart. Always traitorous. Always.

"Free market heroes"...yeah, my aching fucking ass.

Fuck Wal Marx too.

shane77m
01-09-2013, 01:57 PM
"Free market heroes"...yeah, my aching fucking ass.

Fuck Wal Marx too.

Maybe they will experience a lot of negative fallout from this.

Anti Federalist
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
For example, gun retailers may decide they can boost sales if they support closing a loophole that lets people avoid background checks if they buy firearms at gun shows.

OK, just so everybody is clear on this:

YOU CAN NOT BUY GUNS AT A GUN SHOW FROM ANY LICENSED GUN DEALER WITHOUT A NICS (BACKGROUND) CHECK!!!!!

You may be able to purchase, depending on the state, a firearm from a private individual that may be selling one of his used guns without a NICS check, but you still must be in compliance with state and federal law.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
I bet something is staged during this inarguration.

Lucille
01-09-2013, 02:01 PM
ZH (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-09/will-obama-use-executive-order-enact-gun-control) has this featured right now:

Moments ago, MSNBC showed a clip in which "gun tzar" VP Joe Biden made it clear that "the President is going to act" on the issue of gun control, and that "executive orders and executive action can be taken." Of course "can" does not mean "will" as the fallout from an executive order bypassing Congress would be rather dramatic, especially on a topic so near and dear to at least half of America, and the response, to put it mildly, would make the Piers Morgan vs Alex Jones screaming match seems like a tranquil discussion between two dignified stoics. If "can" however, does become "will", America may have far bigger issues over the next two months than the debt ceiling, kicking the sequester down another several months, or even the quadrillion yen tuna.

Anti Federalist
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
This!

The time to be buying bottled water and plywood is not 12 hours before the hurricane hits.

People like me, on the so called lunatic fringe, have been telling people for years that the time is now, not later, to stock up on guns and ammo.

It's too late now, probably.

Surprisingly, I had family that usually dismisses me as a crank, take my advice, just weeks before that shooting.

Keith and stuff
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
The west won't take it either. When I was in Montana state legislators were seriously talking to be about secession. Their government is Democrat now so that won't happen, but trust me when I say the people in the west aren't going to take this at all either.

State legislators in New Hampshire also bring it up all of the time.

But seriously, this is 1 of 1000s of issues where the federal government is trying to control the people. National politics has failed us. Every year, the federal debt grows. Every year, there are additional regulations on the books. This was just as obvious in 2001 as it is today. That's why the Free State Project was created. The top liberty activists in the US voted in 2003 to start the move to NH once we were able to find 20,000 liberty activists in the US willing to relocate to NH and try a new strategy to free the world (since all previous strategies were complete failures). We already have 13,000 plus people signed up to move once we reach 20,000 and already 1,000+ early movers. If you care at all about liberty, please consider joining us.

shane77m
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Surprisingly, I had family that usually dismisses me as a crank

I understand that feeling. I have heard that we are just going into another Y2K scenario or if it comes to it we will just go hunting to get food. Also the statement of they won't take our guns away.

I need a big shirt that says "I told you so."

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/25stsat.jpg

Acala
01-09-2013, 02:28 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/25stsat.jpg

There is a grammatical error in that sign

paulbot24
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM

No errors in logic however.

Acala
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
No errors in logic however.

Agreed. I like it. If I didn't like it I wouldn't bother to try and make it better. We don't want a "get a brain morans" moment for gun owners.

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I'd fix it if I knew how.

If they say you don't need it.....

Better?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
I understand that feeling. I have heard that we are just going into another Y2K scenario or if it comes to it we will just go hunting to get food. Also the statement of they won't take our guns away.

I need a big shirt that says "I told you so."

You might need to paint that on a vest instead.

EBounding
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
So how exactly are they going to ban guns? Are they going to use guns?

Acala
01-09-2013, 03:12 PM
I'd fix it if I knew how.

If they say you don't need it.....

Better?

Yup!!!

shane77m
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
You might need to paint that on a vest instead.

I wish I had a few of those vests. A little out of my price range though. Maybe if things go bad I can find some lying around.

Acala
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
So how exactly are they going to ban guns? Are they going to use guns?

Don't they have a heat ray? It's easier to pry guns out of warm, dead hands.

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Yup!!!

Can anyone around here fix it that you know of?

Acala
01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Can anyone around here fix it that you know of?

Certainly not me. I'm an armchair quarterback. Where did you find it?

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Certainly not me. I'm an armchair quarterback. Where did you find it?

Saw it first on the clip at the end of Suzanne Gratia's testimony, then looked it up here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=safe+family+gun+guide+images&hl=en&tbo=u&rlz=1T4RNRN_enUS440US440&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VeLtUJGJB6qf2QXb6YFg&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=911&bih=427

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 03:38 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/wcix5k.jpg

Acala
01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/wcix5k.jpg

That one's good. Looks like the other one has spread far and wide. :-(

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
That one's good. Looks like the other one has spread far and wide. :-(

Probably because the typo isn't that noticeable unless you're a GRAMMAR NAZI! ROFL. j/k

Acala
01-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Probably because the typo isn't that noticeable unless you're a GRAMMAR NAZI! ROFL. j/k

Hahahaha! I agree that it isn't really noticeable (evidenced by how widely spread it has become). And it has the appearance of a typo rather than an ignorant mistake.

paulbot24
01-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Just wait until the first "Robert Paulson" gets shot refusing to give up his guns. Then, and only then will we see what America is made of.

mad cow
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I am a smoker who has watched taxes on cigarettes skyrocket through the years.
I would be most worried about a tax on ammo as something that they could get passed in the immediate future,even without "pro-gun"lawmakers admitting that they are threatening Constitutional rights.
Ammo is available over the net right now at decent prices,I owned a ton before and i have bought another ton in the last 2 weeks.
Buy lots of ammo TODAY!!

cjm
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM

And it doesn't need to be super expensive, it just needs to work.

Meet the FP-45 Liberator (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/M1942_liberator.jpg/300px-M1942_liberator.jpg

The Liberator was shipped in a cardboard box with 10 rounds of .45 ACP ammunition, a wooden dowel to remove the empty cartridge case, and an instruction sheet in comic strip form[3] showing how to load and fire the weapon. Extra rounds of ammunition could be stored in the pistol grip. The Liberator was a crude and clumsy weapon, never intended for front line service. It was originally intended as an insurgency weapon to be mass dropped behind enemy lines to resistance fighters in occupied territory. A resistance fighter was to recover the weapon, sneak up on an Axis occupier, kill or incapacitate him, and retrieve his weapons.

Pauls' Revere
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Oh shit. Buckle up.

exactly my thoughts,If true,...OH FUCK.

paulbot24
01-09-2013, 10:50 PM
And it doesn't need to be super expensive, it just needs to work.

Meet the FP-45 Liberator (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/M1942_liberator.jpg/300px-M1942_liberator.jpg

May we never see the day when we're sitting around saying, "I'd give my left nut to have an FP-45 Liberator right now."

cjm
01-09-2013, 11:00 PM
May we never see the day when we're sitting around saying, "I'd give my left nut to have an FP-45 Liberator right now."

LOL, I'll second that!

ClydeCoulter
01-09-2013, 11:01 PM

They're not hard to make, if you have a few resources.

ClydeCoulter
01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Oh, and thanks to paulbot24, I was introduced to Robert Paulson

Just wait until the first "Robert Paulson" gets shot refusing to give up his guns. Then, and only then will we see what America is made of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCi_PIz5ekU

mad cow
01-09-2013, 11:06 PM
They're not hard to make, if you have a few resources.

They are worthless without ammo.
Buy lots of ammo TODAY!
Online ammo sites are open 24 hours a day.Get to it!
http://www.brownells.com/?mc_id=200053&source=CJ
http://www.midwayusa.com
http://www.usaammo.com
http://ammo.net
http://www.selwayarmory.com
http://www.freedommunitions.com
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/default.aspx
http://www.sgammo.com
http://www.cabelas.com/home.jsp?WTz_l=Header
http://www.natchezss.com
http://palmettostatearmory.com

That should get you started,there are more.