PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2016?

Axmann8
01-09-2013, 05:08 AM
I didn't really see any threads about this anywhere else, so I thought I'd just make one.

How likely is it that Ron Paul will run in 2016? I've been hearing about Rand possibly running, so would Ron really feel comfortable running against his son, and vice-versa?

kathy88
01-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Ron is retired, unfortunately. And welcome to the forums.

IPSecure
01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/142bup2.png (http://www.dailypaul.com/262023/should-i-order-this-er-sticker-and-get-started-early)

Gage
01-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Rand Paul 2016.

compromise
01-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Why would Ron run against his own son and ruin his son's chance of becoming the Republican nominee?

sailingaway
01-09-2013, 08:55 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/142bup2.png (http://www.dailypaul.com/262023/should-i-order-this-er-sticker-and-get-started-early)

Works for me. Don't see it happening, really.

He'd definitely have my vote, though.

Mr.NoSmile
01-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Stop that. Seriously, let it go already. He's retired, his message is spreading, he's started a growing movement, he's not going to run.

cajuncocoa
01-09-2013, 09:48 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/142bup2.png (http://www.dailypaul.com/262023/should-i-order-this-er-sticker-and-get-started-early)Love this. +rep

Peace&Freedom
01-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Stop that. Seriously, let it go already. He's retired, his message is spreading, he's started a growing movement, he's not going to run.

He's retired from CONGRESS, not from active politics. I agree he will be letting Rand run in 2016 on the GOP line. It would be great, however, if Ron ran on the LP or CP line, to ensure a Paul would be on the ballot in November. His running third party would actually help Rand in the Republican race, as it would take away the notion that the establishment candidate the MSM will be pushing was "electable" while Rand was not. It would pressure the GOP rank and file to rally around Rand in the primaries, such that Ron (upon seeing his son win the GOP nomination) could drop out of the race.

sailingaway
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm behind Ron because I think he could do more for my view of liberty by running than anyone else can. But I do wonder when this is the first thread someone posts if they are bored and trying to stir something up.

ZENemy
01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Its my opinion that Hilary will run and nobody can beat the "First women president" just like nobody was gonna beat the first "black president"

its PERFECT, she will continue all the shit Obama did for 8 more years under even MORE cover because after all "a women would never start a war"

she will be the WORST YET simply because the women of this country will be more blinded than Obama followers.

If Rand runs but talks about the issues we all care about they will do what they did to Ron, to him and this time the gov will probably have full control of the internet. This "system" it NOT going to allow itself to get taken down from the inside, they have literally designed it that way, just ask ghandi, hell ask Ron Paul himself.

orenbus
01-09-2013, 11:12 AM
If Ron Paul runs in 2016, I can guarantee my friends and I will be back and working full-time volunteering to support the campaign with boots on the ground and netroots projects. :D

FSP-Rebel
01-09-2013, 11:35 AM
If Ron Paul runs in 2016, I can guarantee my friends and I will be back and working full-time volunteering to support the campaign with boots on the ground and netroots projects. :D
What about Rand?

TheTyke
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
What about Rand?

If it's Rand, then I will be pulling out all the stops. Our victory in KY took a lot of sacrifice, but we know Rand is with us, and is the liberty candidate who will win the white house too.

Mr.NoSmile
01-09-2013, 03:30 PM
He's retired from CONGRESS, not from active politics. I agree he will be letting Rand run in 2016 on the GOP line. It would be great, however, if Ron ran on the LP or CP line, to ensure a Paul would be on the ballot in November. His running third party would actually help Rand in the Republican race, as it would take away the notion that the establishment candidate the MSM will be pushing was "electable" while Rand was not. It would pressure the GOP rank and file to rally around Rand in the primaries, such that Ron (upon seeing his son win the GOP nomination) could drop out of the race.

My point is let the man rest already. In case people have forgotten, a lot of the stops were pulled to halt any progress he made and his message is still getting across to people about becoming the tent. It reminds me of that one SNL sketch about one of the Republican debates. One thing the moderator said- "Ron Paul. Not going anywhere." Honestly, folks, let him have some time off. I'd like to think his speech in Congress and speech at the rally before the RNC were some of his finest hours, anyway, and good ways to leave Congress on a high note.

sailingaway
01-09-2013, 03:32 PM
He's going to be at a college on the 15th and is looking into having a webcast production of some kind, apparently. Not retired.

opal
01-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Right there with ya buddy

+ Rep

TheGrinch
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm behind Ron because I think he could do more for my view of liberty by running than anyone else can. But I do wonder when this is the first thread someone posts if they are bored and trying to stir something up.

Agreed, hey let's stir things up by talking about a hypothetical race between father and son that won't happen, so we can fight over how Rand is or isn't different from Ron.

Not saying that's necessarily the goal here, but that's the net effect.

Bastiat's The Law
01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Agreed, hey let's stir things up by talking about a hypothetical race between father and son that won't happen, so we can fight over how Rand is or isn't different from Ron.

Not saying that's necessarily the goal here, but that's the net effect.
That's definitely the goal of the trolls on this forum.

Confederate
01-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Rand Paul 2016.

This.

EBounding
01-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Rand meets all of Ron's qualifications for president (and then some). Even if they weren't related, I'm positive Ron would be the first high profile person to endorse him and he would encourage you to support Rand too.

jasonxe
01-09-2013, 09:26 PM
No.

unknown
01-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Beautiful thought for sure.

opal
01-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Rand meets all of Ron's qualifications for president (and then some). Even if they weren't related, I'm positive Ron would be the first high profile person to endorse him and he would encourage you to support Rand too.

and what might Ron's qualifications be? Was there a list somewhere I missed?

not to spoil some of yall's fun but I think that if Ron were to run against Rand.. Ron would win - hands down

now that I look at the post.. I have to ammend it. Ron's qualifications begin with multiple times being elected to congress.. that wasn't one you meant, right?
Ron's qualifications are what qualifies him to run and be president..
Rand's qualifications are not the same.. seriously..

maybe you meant Rand meets Ron's standards.

unknown
01-10-2013, 05:02 PM

This is awesome. If for no other reason than to piss off fake conservatives.

Anti-Neocon
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
No.
As much as I like Ron, I prefer having a chance of winning, which is why I also would like Christie to be Rand's VP.

libertariantexas
01-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Ron is retired, unfortunately. And welcome to the forums.

Maybe he's just pacing himself. Gathering up strength for another run in 2016 when he will come back stronger than before.

Kind of like when Gandalf the Grey took some time off, and came back stronger as Gandalf the White.

compromise
01-12-2013, 05:03 PM
As much as I like Ron, I prefer having a chance of winning, which is why I also would like Christie to be Rand's VP.

The guy even betrayed Mitt. How can you trust him as Rand's VP?

orenbus
01-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Maybe he's just pacing himself. Gathering up strength for another run in 2016 when he will come back stronger than before.

Kind of like when Gandalf the Grey took some time off, and came back stronger as Gandalf the White.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQloBWmHrHk

matt0611
01-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I don't see Ron running in 2016. He deserves some rest and relaxation, the guy started the revolution and has been fighting it for almost 40 years.

Sayzak
01-12-2013, 08:02 PM
1. Zero chance.
2. Don't want him to.
3. We should have become leaders by now.

LibertyEagle
01-12-2013, 08:25 PM

BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christie wouldn't offer much to the ticket at all. Even fake conservatives don't like him anymore. Only those in New Jersey who didn't give a damn that the aid bill was full of pork.

Christie is a big government porking pork.

Bastiat's The Law
01-12-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't wish to see Ron's name tarnished by another failed run. The law of diminishing returns applies here.

Anti-Neocon
01-13-2013, 01:51 AM
BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christie wouldn't offer much to the ticket at all. Even fake conservatives don't like him anymore. Only those in New Jersey who didn't give a damn that the aid bill was full of pork.

Christie is a big government porking pork.
Conservatives will vote for Rand anyway, unlike Romney who really did need to pick someone who appeared conservative. What policies Christie supported in the past won't matter anyway cause he'll just be Rand's VP. He'd bring in more money than any of the other choices, and he's got by far the highest national favorability of all Republicans, like it or not.

sailingaway
01-13-2013, 01:20 PM
I'd love Ron to run, but I think he has other plans right now. Maybe he'd run on the Libertarian ticket if whomever was clearly winning the GOP nomination by the time of the LP convention (May, isn't it?) is unacceptable, again. I'd love him to run again, but I don't think it is in his plans at this point.

opal
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
If he decided to run for govenor of Texas.. we'd move there

singe22
01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
I dont care if he is running or not, i'm writing Ron Paul in. I'm not sold on Rand even if he is a paul.

MelissaCato
01-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Ron Paul 2016 !!! :D

lol

FSP-Rebel
01-14-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm not sold on Rand even if he is a paul.
And, you never will be if I know your type correctly.

TruckinMike
01-14-2013, 01:41 PM
I guess it's gonna be Rand...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8483/8187173838_dc317fccf4_z.jpg

opal
01-14-2013, 02:07 PM
isn't there a Rand forum for that?

MelissaCato
01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
What is everyone doing with their Ron Paul county pages ?

sailingaway
01-14-2013, 06:38 PM
What is everyone doing with their Ron Paul county pages ?

In my area they are Ron Paul pages, and have stuff about 2d amendment rallies and Ben Swann videos and stuff. It might depend on the organizers. I know some had been turned into Gary Johnson pages this fall, and not all the members were thrilled about it.

MelissaCato
01-14-2013, 09:44 PM
In my area they are Ron Paul pages, and have stuff about 2d amendment rallies and Ben Swann videos and stuff. It might depend on the organizers. I know some had been turned into Gary Johnson pages this fall, and not all the members were thrilled about it.

Ok Thanks.