PDA

View Full Version : Losing Hope

SilentBull
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
I'm losing hope. I have liberal friends that I haven't talked to since the election. I don't even bother having discussions with them anymore, as it is a waste of my valuable time. I find myself losing more and more respect for them as human beings. There is just nothing that can be done for people that refuse to think logically, and they are the majority. Unfortunately, the best we can do is try to get as many of us as possible in positions of authority so we can pick up the pieces when all goes to shit.

This gun control nonsense is it. The left always gets what they want, and they want our guns. Unfortunately, the people are unwilling to spend more than a few seconds thinking about what makes sense, as they would rather use what's left of their brain power for entertainment purposes. When the people mock those who warn them--using historical data--about the dangers of allowing the government to disarm its people...It's over. Prepare yourselves. Do what it takes to make sure you and your family are OK, because I for one, couldn't care less what happens to the mentally lazy and idiotic, that have allowed this to happen.

Just needed to get this off my chest before going to bed. I hope to wake up more optimistic tomorrow because today...I just don't see it getting better.

cbrons
01-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Join the club. I've felt hopeless for this country since I was like 8 or 9 years old. People are long gone, and we're already running on exhaust fumes. The good thing is that there are more people who know what's going on than you think, so just tribe up and prep for when the whole house of cards comes down. It'll be the self sufficient people vs. the elitist slime when the dust settles, because the sheeple that irritate you will be long gone by then. Let's just hope theres more self sufficient people than we think... Ultimately it's in Gods hands though.

Pauls' Revere
01-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I've felt like the last human left in zombieland.

Spikender
01-09-2013, 12:06 AM
I feel like this all the time too, so don't feel too bad. I'm sure many people on this board actually feel the same way. Ever since I woke up I've been trying to get people on my side and see things from a new perspective. I tell people to not be so close-minded, to stop thinking of politics as Democrats vs Republicans and more on terms of what is best for our own liberties and for our country.

I've had mixed results, and most of the time it's a complete and utter failure. Most people don't want to wake up, and they trust the government more than they do their fellow man, which is a foolish mistake since the government is their fellow man. Except that their fellow man in the government has an unspeakable and unholy power to do whatever he wants since he has the power of force and the power of the law on his side. The fact of the matter is, most people who are asleep will stay asleep until it's their turn to stand up against the wall with the blindfold over their eyes while a line of men reload their empty clips behind them.

Will I give up? No. I will keep trying to wake people up, whether it will save this country or not. I now do it to gain allies for when the shit does hit the fan, so that I and my family will be better prepared when it comes down to the wire and we need all the help we can get. The more people in my area who think like me and are on my side, the better off I'll be when whatever happens happens. That's the way I think nowadays, and I feel surprisingly optimistic thinking that way, believe it or not.

What I'm trying to say is: don't give up hope. Don't hope for things to get better, because they likely won't. Just hope that, after all is said and done, the people who care about liberty will be the ones standing and not the elites who want to control everyone and everything. That's what gives me hope.

AngryCanadian
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the club who needs the liberals if they cant see there own taste of reality? the only thing that the hardcore liberal followers and worshipers of Obama can do is to make insults on you and mock you.

Your better off without them just like the die hard Neo Cons these types of people are like "Drones" they will never change no matter how hard you or how well you debate with them they will never change, unless they see it for themselves. Or get a dose of reality.

liberty2897
01-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Don't give up. We all have these days. Personally, I'm starting to think this whole gun issue is not what it seems. You can't believe anything you hear or see coming out of a television screen or MSM. Do you really think they can take away Americas guns? I don't.

Today I was thinking about this...

What if the gun manufacturers are behind this whole thing? They are selling guns and ammo in record numbers. (which is fine by me, but think about it)

What if this is an attempt to solidify the R and D parties on a single issue? Misdirection?

http://www.mrdiggles.com/img/they-live-2.jpg

We need to wake up and realize that we are human beings. We are being exploited. We are energy/matter that has become self-aware! We deserve better than being convinced that we can't make a difference. If we want to compete with the globalists, then we need to create awareness and come together globally in the name of human freedom. We can make it happen if we don't give up.

TheTexan
01-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Do you really think they can take away Americas guns? I don't.

They can and they will. It is only a matter of time.

UpperDecker
01-09-2013, 02:48 AM
I live in the Bay Area (CA), how do you think I feel? I have to deal with big government loving, stubborn progressives constantly. My friends love Bill Maher, Hilary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, and of course Obama. I constantly feel like giving up because I get ganged up on in conversations and they try to make me feel like my beliefs are the crazy ones. People like this are the ones that won't realize until it is too late. However, I feel that it is my duty to plant seeds of doubt about the government to hopefully create more liberty minded folks.

alucard13mmfmj
01-09-2013, 03:02 AM
Even crazy gunmen are not crazy enough to shoot up a police station or gunshow... EVEN CRAZY PEOPLE.

LibertyEagle
01-09-2013, 03:54 AM
They can and they will. It is only a matter of time.

Maybe. Maybe not. It's going to depend a lot on whether a tireless minority stand up to it.

LibertyEagle
01-09-2013, 03:57 AM
I live in the Bay Area (CA), how do you think I feel? I have to deal with big government loving, stubborn progressives constantly. My friends love Bill Maher, Hilary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, and of course Obama. I constantly feel like giving up because I get ganged up on in conversations and they try to make me feel like my beliefs are the crazy ones. People like this are the ones that won't realize until it is too late. However, I feel that it is my duty to plant seeds of doubt about the government to hopefully create more liberty minded folks.

Have you seen the video where a guy interviews college students and asks them what they think about sharing the points that went towards their grade points with other less studious students? lol.

dillo
01-09-2013, 04:12 AM
I cant give up, not with what is at stake.

frodus24
01-09-2013, 06:03 AM
Where is Galt's Gulch again?

Tod
01-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Have you seen the video where a guy interviews college students and asks them what they think about sharing the points that went towards their grade points with other less studious students? lol.

Yeah....talk about reality setting in quickly!

Although there are a LOT of people who think bigger gov't is the answer, I was pleased and surprised at the number of my customers who expressed the opposite viewpoint and who are also very concerned about the debt, devaluation of the dollar, and loss of jobs.

Cleaner44
01-09-2013, 08:27 AM
The good news is that stupid people, especially those that oppose guns and self-defense, will weed themselves out of the human race when law and order breaks down.

Pericles
01-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Stockdale paradox:

"This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end – which you can never afford to lose – with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be."

CaptUSA
01-09-2013, 10:05 AM
I was like this until very recently. What happened? I began to see how many of you people Ron Paul was able to wake up. If that doesn't give you hope for the future, I don't know what will.

In the past, I always felt like I was the only one who "got" it. That's no longer the case. This movement is growing and growing. The number of those on the other side isn't growing. They've always been there, slowly doing what they do. Our numbers are getting bigger!

Philhelm
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
They think they can and they will try. It is only a matter of time.

A few minor changes.

ghengis86
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I feel like this a lot. But I take hope in the fact that our numbers are growing, the state is bankrupt and it will crumble in a few years. That's a mathematical fact. I look to the future where we can rebuild. The sheeple will wake up or perish. That is their choice. My choice is to be prepared and live life without fear. I've made my peace in life and am ready for anything. Living without fear or worry is very liberating

ninepointfive
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
I left all my lib friends too. I've been better off for it. Also, deleting facebook really helped.

TheTexan
01-09-2013, 11:21 AM
A few minor changes.

If by try, you mean try to pass legislation/eo.. they will try and succeed.

If by try, you mean try to take them without getting put six feet under... time will tell

McChronagle
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Its understandable, I know the feeling well. As time goes on I have become more hopeful but have always lost it for a bit when tragedies happen, and are used for more control. Moments like this bring out the strongest opinions from people and create a greater divide. There are going to be more defining moments that shake our foundation to the core and cause even greater separation. The reactions to these moments show how people truly feel and what they are willing to do about it. There will be a time when it is clear that the divide cannot be broken and all that is left is to rally those in favor of liberty. My hope comes from places like these where I know there are many that understand liberty.

I think much of the lost hope comes from unachievable expectations. We set the goals high here but we have to be realistic. There are short term, med term, long term goals. Convincing the public liberty is the answer is the ultimate goal. We are still in the very early stages of achieving this and we need to remembe that the majority of the work still needs to be done. We won't be able to convince the majority of people that our ideas are just by debating. Time will bring about the consequences of the actions by the majority. They will either be convinced by the way things play out or they will remain stuck in their ways at their own peril. Be realistic, the journey towards greater liberty is very tough and very long. Strong minds that prepare to withstand hardship and can keep going once faced with it will be required to thrive and achieve the long term goal.

AGRP
01-09-2013, 12:10 PM
What if the gun manufacturers are behind this whole thing? They are selling guns and ammo in record numbers. (which is fine by me, but think about it)

Thats what me thinks. People are so closed off in their own world and they forget how many hard core Ted Kaczynski/Rambo/military vet/etc. type people there are in this country. From what i gather, tptb seem to be mostly concerned about the vets. Im not one, but I would hate to be the one knocking on these peoples doors requesting to take their guns lol. Remember that crazy woman who snapped after romney lost? She was crazy. Imagine trying to take her guns lol.