PDA

View Full Version : TX-Woman calls cops because of argument with neighbor. Cops show up and kill her dog.

Anti Federalist
01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I saw this in December when the incident first happened, I didn't post it because it seemed like it may have been legitimate self defense.

But now the owner is speaking out, and the story is, of course, not as it appeared.

Aggressive Shar-Pei mix shot after biting Schertz police officer

http://www.kens5.com/news/Sharpei-euthanized-Schertz-owner-says-police--181924041.html

by Stacia Willson / KENS 5
Bio | Email | Follow: @staciawillson
kens5.com

Posted on December 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Updated Monday, Dec 3 at 8:12 PM

In Schertz. accusations are being made against a police officer who shot a dog while responding to a call.

The owner says the officer used aggressive force, however Schertz police tell a very different story

They claim the animal was running loose and bit the officer.

Kathleen Roskowski believes Schertz police used unnecessary force against her dog Sammy.

Around 9 a.m. Sunday, Roskowski got into an argument with a neighbor. She said she felt threatened and called police. When officers arrived they told Roskowski to take both of her dogs inside.

Police say the animal was extremely aggressive and that the officer was acting in self defense.

"The dog actually attacked him. First biting him on the side on his holster, and then grabbing his leg," said Capt. Marc Bane of the Schertz Police Department. "With the force of the situation, a large dog like that attacks him, we don't expect him to take much harm before they defend themselves,"

Roskowski said, "Sammy, I guess, was afraid that the policeman was going to harm me, and when he came near him, he bit him in the leg, and the officer just grabbed his gun and shot my dog."

Animal control was called to the scene and Roskowski opted to have the injured 60-pound Shar-Pei mix euthanized.

"I think he was sort of gun-happy and was just wanting to just shoot little Sammy," said the owner.

But it was not the first time the dog had bitten someone.

Sammy had recently been quarantined for biting a young child, Schertz police said. The case is still under investigation.

Spikender
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
The thread title ended at "and kill her" when I was scrolling down the new posts list.

This is the one time I'm thankful it ended up just being her dog. And of course the official story differs from reality, can't have mundanes muddling up their master's stories with silly things like the truth.

Anti Federalist
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
PETITION: Trigger Happy Police Officer. Animals Kill Animals

December 4, 2012

http://www.causes.com/actions/1711720?recruiter_id=125609463&utm_campaign=invite&utm_medium=wall&utm_source=fb#

To: Schertz Police department
***** The truth ****
This Status was posted by One the Roskowski. On Facebook after being let down by Kens 5
"WoW! Kens 5 did a pretty terrible job of reporting everything and Schertz Police are LIARS!! Want the whole story?? Here it is.....
My mom called the police because our neighbor...
See More
***** The truth ****
This Status was posted by One the Roskowski. On Facebook after being let down by Kens 5
"WoW! Kens 5 did a pretty terrible job of reporting everything and Schertz Police are LIARS!! Want the whole story?? Here it is.....
My mom called the police because our neighbor pushed her when she went to go talk to her. The neighbor was supposed to be babysittiting some kids a few weeks ago, Sammy (the dog) was outside and a kid came in our yard so Sammy jumped on her which tore her shirt and le
ft a scratch... Sammy was in quarantine for 10 days, came home, and everything was fine. So yesterday when the cop showed up, my mom put the dog on his leash and opened the front door to go outside. Sammy jumped on the cop and the cop shoved him to the ground so Sammy then nipped at his leg (not even a real bite... no stitches... no severe/moderate injury. So the cop pulled out his gun and shot Sammy 3 times while my mom was standing no more than 5 feet away! Sammy was shot in the paw, stomach, and shoulder and was still alive and bleeding to death. **** Officers should only resort to using their gun if they feel their life is in danger. His life was not in danger by a 50lb dog who was on a leash. He had mace but did not use it, he said "didn't think of it". My mom was standing right next to the dog when it happened and could have been shot herself by that idiot cop. Even after they shot my mom's dog they were yelling being rude to both of my parents and threating them... they didn't even do what they were called out there to do in the first place *****

Occam's Banana
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Sounds like someone shouldn't have called the cops ...

VoluntaryAmerican
01-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I saw this in December when the incident first happened, I didn't post it because it seemed like it may have been legitimate self defense.

But now the owner is speaking out, and the story is, of course, not as it appeared.

Rep+

And of course added to the map. You're keeping me busy AF!

Dog Deaths by Police 2011-2013 (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207846740317443814606.0004cfafec39c0992f16 f&msa=0)

Anti Federalist
01-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Rep+

And of course added to the map. You're keeping me busy AF!

Dog Deaths by Police 2011-2013 (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207846740317443814606.0004cfafec39c0992f16 f&msa=0)

Great job!!!

RickyJ
01-08-2013, 09:46 PM
At least this dog got a bite in before he was killed. Dogs have a way of sensing bad people.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Great job!!!

Np. I thought you've seen the map before? Most of the links are from your thread. I'd say 80% of it is your research.

Also, you should add it to the OP of that thread for impact.