PDA

View Full Version : My youtube account was suspended. Anyone w/ experience in this have advice?

emazur
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
(I'm sticking this in gen pol b/c it was predominantly a libertarian channel I had, and others may run into the same issue in the future and may want to reference this thread. I've shared these videos here and the Chris Rock one (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?272617-Chris-Rock-debunks-the-2-party-false-left-right-paradigm-%28youtube%29&highlight=Chris+Rock+debunks+2-party%2C+false+left-right+paradigm) apparently broke the camel's back).

Youtube channel linked in signature (been around since 2009).

So I couldn't log into my youtube or gmail the other day due to "suspicious activity" (I think that's what it said when I tried to log into gmail). Had to get a reset code by text message to log into gmail again. When I go to log into youtube it says:

Your access to this Google product has been suspended because of a perceived violation of either the Google Terms of Service or product-specific Terms of Service.

There is no transparent process on how, when, or if I can become unsuspended. If at all possible, I'd like to have the chance to download all videos off my channel that haven't been removed

FrankRep
01-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Youtube hit you with the "3 strikes rule." You'll need to create a new account.

evmazu has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

http://www.youtube.com/user/evmazu

emazur
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
I know it was b/c of the 3 strikes - 2 of them were from the same complainer that took place within a week and 1 just happened. But I'm wondering if someone has managed to recover and partially recover

nobody's_hero
01-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Youtube keeps harassing me about using my real name. They seem to be getting more . . . shall we say, forceful . . . about it, too.

"Tell us why you would not like to use your real name." or some shit. For now you can select "I'll decide later." (which is a lie, really, because I'll never use my real name) But they will probably make it mandatory before long. (at that point I will 'throw it in the woods' as Anti-Federalist likes to say)

I looked, but "I don't want to use my real name because Google owns the world." is not an option. :(

Always back-up your videos.

Spikender
01-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Youtube keeps harassing me about using my real name. They seem to be getting more forceful about it, too.

"Tell us why you would not like to use your real name." or some shit. For now you can select "I'll decide later." (which is a lie, really, because I'll never use my real name) But they will probably make it mandatory before long.

I looked, but "I don't want to use my real name because Google owns the world." is not an option. :(

I was tempted to name myself "Fuck Off" but decided against it.

But it is very annoying yes. I get pestered by this all the time, and I always say to myself "Didn't I already bucking answer this question five times in the last month?" Google is really shaping up to be a monumental shit-fest of privacy issues.

LibertyRevolution
01-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I know it was b/c of the 3 strikes - 2 of them were from the same complainer that took place within a week and 1 just happened. But I'm wondering if someone has managed to recover and partially recover

They killed my LibertyRevolution channel, I know how it feels.
Millions of views, tons of Ron Paul debate clips, 1000's of subscribers, all gone.
You have three 3rd party content matches, your account is gone.

Fighting it means you have to prove that you own every bit of content, if you don't, forget about it.
If you open a ticket for review, and you are found to be infringing on copyright, they will turn your info over to the copyright holder.
You can then be held liable by the copyright holder, and get sued.

You have to prove that you are innocent.

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 09:50 PM
mox fought it over and over. for Moxnews................

He sent letters and would get one wiped off, I forget, but he would have a back up account while he was fighting on the other account to not get to three. I don't know if he ever actually crossed three. He seemed to think it was a mission to fight these, though.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-08-2013, 11:14 PM
They killed my LibertyRevolution channel, I know how it feels.
Millions of views, tons of Ron Paul debate clips, 1000's of subscribers, all gone.
You have three 3rd party content matches, your account is gone.

Fighting it means you have to prove that you own every bit of content, if you don't, forget about it.
If you open a ticket for review, and you are found to be infringing on copyright, they will turn your info over to the copyright holder.
You can then be held liable by the copyright holder, and get sued.

You have to prove that you are innocent.

That means you need to be more original, doesn't it?
One of the things that modern officials, those who have been deemed, have to be vigilantly on their guard about is reminding those not deemed at all of their lessor status in comparison. Question is, what would be the difference between how one becomes officially deemed today and how one would have been officially deemed in the past by a lone king?
A king would have had to concerned himself with deeming sayers as certified officials as they would be needed to ride about the kingdom constantly praising the king's majesty reminding the commoners of their far lessor statuses. As officials, these troubadouring sayers would have been lawyers skilled in the reading of royal decrees, the writings certifying the king's authority and ownership over all people and all things respectively. What is the point here? Well, just because the Lord blessed this system during His time doesn't mean that it isn't nonsense.
The way we deem experts to be official today shouldn't be considered any less of a joke. In narrowing down the process, it is the irrational lawyers who deem experts as officials in modern society. Being a Christian, because Jesus blessed the system when He was fulfilling the prophecies, I'm supposed to take all these officials very seriously which I do. But this doesn't mean that they are any more rational or important than any other person.
All the little old worthless grandmothers in the world know of what I'm speaking about here. In fact, both of my grandmothers would find my behavior right now to be very contemptible. That is why I consider both of them to be so wonderful.

american.swan
01-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Solution.

How's your Web connection at home?

Do you have a static ip address?

Set up an old computer as your server. UBUNTU

You don't even need a domain name.

Host your own stuff.

emazur
01-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Solution.

How's your Web connection at home?

Do you have a static ip address?

Set up an old computer as your server. UBUNTU

You don't even need a domain name.

Host your own stuff.

Simply being on youtube drives up the views bigtime. I think like 40% of the views of my top 10 vids were driven from "related videos" on youtube. When I go looking for videos, the first place I look on is youtube, and that's probably true for a lot of other people too.