PDA

View Full Version : November 30th - RudysReadingList.com

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 04:59 PM

FreeTraveler
11-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Moments of Crisis Carry Seeds of opportunity

As always we will use our donation event to speak to the American people. The new fund raising drive domain will be http://www.RudysReadingList.com. Agree or disagree, the advice of the experts must be heard. Sadly most Americans do not know what our own CIA says are the true causes of the terrorist attacks against our nation, and in their ignorance they support a policy that makes them less safe.

+1 - Great choice for a topic, Trevor!

jrich4rpaul
11-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Awesome! Good work. Pledged.

AlexMerced
11-21-2007, 05:10 PM
I'll for sure be giving what I can, how do you use feedburner to do mailing lists?

mport1
11-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Hm, don't know how I feel about this yet. If it worked it would be amazing, however I'm worried that it might put a big damper on the 16th.

AlexMerced
11-21-2007, 05:15 PM
it makes sense to me, if this we can make this work, the flood of new people for the 16th will make up for it, we got about as much time as we did for nov. 5th, so we can do this

plus I'd love the look on the MSMs face. This is Trevor Lyman sanctioned, meaning I'm behind it.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Hm, don't know how I feel about this yet. If it worked it would be amazing, however I'm worried that it might put a big damper on the 16th.

EDIT: ok ok - I'm being harsh.. but this is no time for dissent. This is crunch time and we don't have the luxury of debate. I've done my best- please support this!

mport1
11-21-2007, 05:18 PM
it makes sense to me, if this we can make this work, the flood of new people for the 16th will make up for it, we got about as much time as we did for nov. 5th, so we can do this

plus I'd love the look on the MSMs face. This is Trevor Lyman sanctioned, meaning I'm behind it.

True. I guess I'll have to throw down a little for both days. We need to make sure that if this thing goes well and gets covered that the 16th is HUGE.

AlexMerced
11-21-2007, 05:29 PM
we got 9 days to raise 5mil, that's plenty of time, let's show them what we're made of
(hint: freedom)

mport1
11-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Hm, some good points are being brought up here: http://wustl.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=17540

gworrel
11-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Outstanding. This is exactly what was needed. December 16th already has a good running start. Let's get behind November 30th with the same enthusiasm and both dates can work to put Ron Paul in the White House. November 30th will feed contributors to December 16th. I am personally going to aim to bring in at least 3 contributors for November 30th from friends, family, and co-workers. Then I'll hit them up again for December 16th.

AlexMerced
11-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I sent this to the meetup groups I'm in, if you want to send it to any mailing lists you all are part of, go for it:

Hey Guys,

Trevor Lyman, the guy behind Teaparty07.com and ThisNovember5th.com has just announce RudysReadingList.com for November 30th.
read about it here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40070

Why is this important:
- The campaign needs money for ad buys NOW!!!
- The media attention from a 5mil day will surge the numbers for the teaparty07.com
- it'll show the strength of our grassroots coordination
- IT"S FOR RON PAUL

Forward this email to all Ron Paul Supporters you know, this is priority (2nd to becoming delegates of course)

With Hope and Liberty,
Alex Merced
Founder of the Liberty Independence Alliance
http://libertyia.ning.com

Richandler
11-21-2007, 05:40 PM
How about America's reading list.

AlexMerced
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
True. I guess I'll have to throw down a little for both days. We need to make sure that if this thing goes well and gets covered that the 16th is HUGE.

I didn't really read any good points, considering how other candidates efforts have failed if both bombs were successful it'd be hue and there will be media coverage on why Ron Paul is the only candidate that can pull this off consistently.

It would be nice if time wasn't of the essence but it is.

The timing between the the two dates is plenty to keep the momentum going.

gworrel
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Hm, some good points are being brought up here: http://wustl.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=17540

What good points? Looks like mostly a lot of negativity to me except for Alex. A fund raiser on the 30th then the 16th is how it should have been from the beginning. The campaign made it clear we needed to adjust. We have and now we need to run with it and stop whining.

AlexMerced
11-21-2007, 05:43 PM
How about America's reading list.

the sites been made, announcement has been made, people have signed up for the list, too late, spread the word. 9 day left to raise 5 million dollars, this is the true test of our grassroots POWER!

We got the POWERRRRRRR!

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Folks, let's support this effort and GET IT DONE. Our country and our Constitution is literally at stake here, and it is time for all of us to quit playing at this game and get serious about restoring our Constitutional Republic.

Most of us CAN afford to do BOTH Nov. 30th and December 16th... and because the alternative is unthinkable, WE MUST DO THIS.

Don't let this thread die. Help bump it up, post ideas on how to support this effort, ways to get the word out, etc.

AlexMerced
11-21-2007, 05:58 PM
9 days, we can do it, I know I've already posted more about this in 20 minutes all over than the net than I think ever before, overdrive, overdrive, let's do it. I need to stop drinking coffee

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
9 days, we can do it, I know I've already posted more about this in 20 minutes all over than the net than I think ever before, overdrive, overdrive, let's do it. I need to stop drinking coffee

Don't stop drinking coffee- you're gonna need that energy during the next 24 days. EDIT: just purchase the off-brand, so you can save money and give the savings to the cause!

Come on, folks, who's going to chime in and and support this effort? Can we hear from you?

WE NEED TO DO THIS. START POSTING... here, there... EVERYWHERE! :)

Bruehound
11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm in.

yoshimaroka
11-21-2007, 06:04 PM
I need ideas for what kind of graphics to make for the site… let's brainstorm this now!

DealzOnWheelz
11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
EVERYONE STOP WHINNING AND DIG DEEP

$4/day saved = $100 on Dec 16th

NOT VERY DIFFICULT!!

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 06:11 PM
EVERYONE STOP WHINNING AND DIG DEEP

$4/day saved = $100 on Dec 16th

NOT VERY DIFFICULT!!

YES! You're right $4/day is doable for the vast majority of us here... that's not much, folks!! That's a smidgen more than the cost of your favorite Starbucks-special.

It's worth it!

Who else is going to sign up for Nov. 30th also? Click here (http://www.rudysreadinglist.com/), sign up, and report back!

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I swear to God, I'll bump this thread a thousand times if I have to.

PEOPLE, let's get behind this effort; the alternative is our worst nightmare.

Who's going to support this???!!! Who is going to contribute on Nov. 30th AND Dec. 16th??!?

http://www.RudysReadingList.com

skinzterpswizfan
11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
It's not Dec. 30.

It's November 30

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 06:43 PM
It's not Dec. 30.

It's November 30

HA! Thanks for catching that. corrected it. :p

KewlRonduderules
11-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Bravo! Clearly written and delineated. Well done, Trevor.

No room for arguing. Let's do this. I'm in.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
I need ideas for what kind of graphics to make for the site… let's brainstorm this now!

I was thinking of an open book that the text of the website could be "written" on to. Maybe with a quill pen and ink bottle- but that's very close to the theme we have going for the tea party..

Of course we have to find a way to work in a picture of Rudy dressed in drag. LOL

jrich4rpaul
11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
If this does well maybe the media will play the videos included on the site. America needs to see them. Especially the "they hate us because we're free!" people.

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey, one thing, Trevor, could you put the date (NOV 30) on the temporary page, so that when people go there, they'll know they're pledging specifically for that date?

Drknows
11-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Of course we have to find a way to work in a picture of Rudy dressed in drag. LOL

:D i like this idea! The media would eat this up. BUY RUDY A NEW DRESS!!!!!

MS0453
11-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I was thinking of an open book that the text of the website could be "written" on to. Maybe with a quill pen and ink bottle- but that's very close to the theme we have going for the tea party..

Since it's Rudy's reading list maybe a school type setting with Rudy at a desk with a dunce cap on?

BerlinForFreedom
11-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey, one thing, Trevor, could you put the date (DEC 30) on the temporary page, so that when people go there, they'll know they're pledging specifically for that date?

copy and paste:

It's not Dec. 30.

It's November 30

:p

KewlRonduderules
11-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Did you plan on using the CIA information that you had on your first post. If so, maybe you can use one of Dr. Paul's quotes about the CIA- 'you need intelligence to get intelligence' . Perhaps doing something with the CIA emblem showing how the agency has contributed to wars, terrorist attacks, drug trafficking, assignations against political dissent, etc. Maybe having pictures in the background of an explosion, a child crying, cronyism, political elites kissing up to one another, etc.

I don't think it would be a good idea to have rudy's picture on there. We would invite ourselves to attack. And people who actually like him would consider this a low blow. Given that he is very popular right now, having him dress in drag wearing a dunce cap would be very risky. Not a good idea.

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 07:10 PM
copy and paste:
It's not Dec. 30.
It's November 30
:p

Man, getting old is a pain in the arse. ;):p 2 times now. Geesh, I'm an idiot...

YES, NOVEMBER 30th... NOVEMBER 30th.... NOVEMBER 30th.... if I repeat it enough, maybe it will sink in to my thick skull. :D

http://www.rudysreadinglist.com/

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 07:25 PM
In addition to the video, maybe include a link to the Reuters news article here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2434274320070524?feedType=RSS&rpc=22

...Or use some of that article's text to explain exactly what is meant by "Rudy's Reading List" - some folks may not be familiar with what transpired in the debate and Dr. Paul's response to Rudy's blatherings - and it could be helpful if we explained it to them a bit.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I can't support this. :(

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Come on, my friend. Why not? :(

Seriously... Trevor has listened to reasoned, logical arguments in the past, let's hear what you have to say. I'm willing to discuss it if you are.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Well- what 15 year old could? You don't even have a credit card yet do you? (for the rest of you that's not an attack- he is 15)

forsmant
11-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Why not make it Nov 28th to coincide with the CNN Youtube debate?

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 08:01 PM
For November 5th, we had behind us the fact we're making history--nothing grassroots had been done like this before (plus V for Vendetta's a cool movie). For December 16th, we've got over a month of heavy planning and thousands of sites promoting it, and we've only got $1.9 million in pledges. Trevor may have become a powerful man in RP grassroots fundraiser, but there's not much doubt in my mind this will bomb (no pun intended), and I honestly don't see the campaign going bankrupt anytime soon. They bought a ton of ads for $1 million dollars -- what'd they do with the remaining $9 + $4 = $13 million? I'm sure they can handle themselves for another two weeks without forcing us to split our own efforts.

I could understand $1 million. $4 or $5? Not so much.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Well- what 15 year old could? You don't even have a credit card yet do you? (for the rest of you that's not an attack- he is 15)

I love you, Trevor. :D

16, by the way. ;-) So I could. I'll chip in, but my mind's still not made up.

TheEvilDetector
11-21-2007, 08:02 PM

No, do not do that (picture of Rudy in drag).

Ron Paul is a class act, he would never stoop that low.

skinzterpswizfan
11-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Why not make it Nov 28th to coincide with the CNN Youtube debate?

I think having it a couple days after is a better idea, because it will give new people first the chance to hear about Paul. Then, lo and behold, a couple days later when the media is reporting about this big fund raiser by this guy named Ron Paul (assuming the fund raiser is newsworthy), those that only recently learned of him can say: "I remember him, I didn't realize he had this much support!"

An even better prospect would be if these new supporters could even donate to the cause on the 30th, which they probably wouldn't do if it was on the 28th.

MRoCkEd
11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Don't know if it will work.. but I'M IN
spread the word!

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
For November 5th, we had behind us the fact we're making history--nothing grassroots had been done like this before (plus V for Vendetta's a cool movie). For December 16th, we've got over a month of heavy planning and thousands of sites promoting it, and we've only got $1.9 million in pledges. Trevor may have become a powerful man in RP grassroots fundraiser, but there's not much doubt in my mind this will bomb (no pun intended), and I honestly don't see the campaign going bankrupt anytime soon. They bought a ton of ads for $1 million dollars -- what'd they do with the remaining $9 + $4 = $13 million? I'm sure they can handle themselves for another two weeks without forcing us to split our own efforts.

So because you're gut feeling tells you that you know more than those who can look at the bank account of the campaign and who are actually running this thing, you want to decide and predict what is needed and what will happen?

Rob- you're a smart kid on a technical level but you have no wisdom and you have no facts to stand on with your accusations. What you don't know is how many hundreds of emails I've received asking me to bump up the date, along with the hundreds of emails I've received asking me to keep the old date.. so we're doing both.

btw- What part of "contributing posts to forums" says it's a good idea to make one-off statements and then many posts later back it up with faulty logic? Do you really think thats helpful? And really if you don't want to do it.. why not just keep that to yourself? How is it good of you and helpful of you to come here and bash the idea? Does it give you some kind of feeling of self importance? Or perhaps you can explain how it's productive of you to make such guesses that would only hurt our effort?

oh and I love you too! :D

KewlRonduderules
11-21-2007, 08:07 PM

I could understand $1 million. $4 or $5? Not so much.

I think the point of the fundraiser is to coincide with HQ desires. The reality is that they are spending money like crazy and they are still down in the polls in Iowa. They are going to need a lot of money to promote Dr. Paul. Lots of money- that is why they are pushing for more money. Keep in mind, the other candidates have lots more money. Huckabee is moving ahead because of the media backing.

We really have to work to get our message across and part of it and a lot of it is getting more money to the campaign.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 08:07 PM
No, do not do that (picture of Rudy in drag).

Ron Paul is a class act, he would never stoop that low.

The drag suggestion was a joke- sorry I should know that I need to indicate sarcasm. I have no intention of doing that.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 08:09 PM
What you don't know is how many hundreds of emails I've received asking me to bump up the date, along with the hundreds of emails I've received asking me to keep the old date.. so we're doing both.

Indeed, I didn't know that! But now that I do, nevermind, that nullifies anything else: if the people want it, we should do it. I guess I should start making some banners.

EDIT: P.S. Use the term "argumentation," not logic; it's the rhetorically correct phrase, as the latter refers more generally to axiomatic rules as opposed to rhetorical debate.

KewlRonduderules
11-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Trevor, what did you think of my suggestion in the earlier post?

Drknows
11-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I love you, Trevor. :D

16, by the way. ;-) So I could. I'll chip in, but my mind's still not made up.

Haha here I thought you were some bored college tech dude. you're a pretty good php coder for only being 16.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 08:16 PM
EDIT: P.S. Use the term "argumentation," not logic; it's the rhetorically correct phrase, as the latter refers more generally to axiomatic rules as opposed to rhetorical debate.

P.S. logic tells me this last little (meaningless) quip proves you DO need to feel self-important. :eek:

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Indeed, I didn't know that! But now that I do, nevermind, that nullifies anything else: if the people want it, we should do it. I guess I should start making some banners.

That's the spirit, Rob. You 'da man. I do agree that the November 30th bomb may not reach $5 million. Trevor - he does have a point there. But that's no reason we can't try to get a mini-bomb for that day - something to inject the campaign with a temporary infusion of cash that can be used to influence the early primaries, at least. I do see the point of the HQ email that the Dec. 16th funds will be too late to make a difference in the early primaries.

I really hated the tone and timing of the HQ request, but it's a done deal now and we can't change history. So, as Trevor said, we have to make the best of this.

More banners = good idea, Rob. We all love each other here. :D We're all on the same team. It's all good.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 08:19 PM
P.S. logic tells me this last little (meaningless) quip proves you DO need to feel self-important. :eek:

No...it really is. o_O Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetoric) pedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic)

But this is getting off-topic...let's put it back on topic. Boo, Rudy? :D

MRoCkEd
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM
I predict we hit 1 million that day, forget about it, and then push for the 16th

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM
No...it really is. o_O Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivium_%28education%29)

But this is getting off-topic...let's put it back on topic. Boo, Rudy? :D

I didn't doubt your definition- I'm talking about your motives to even comment on it. And yes it is getting off topic- you made it so.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 08:23 PM
But hey, it's free bumps for the topic. :D

Anyways, how do we plan to promote this? Is this a Ron Paul supporters thing, or are we going viral?

EDIT: No, I always do that when people misuse the word "logic". :p

vendetta
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Ok maybe I missed it along the line and it's too much to read every single post, but whats the point the "rudyreadinglist" name? Something to do with rudy guliani and the 9/11 report?
confused!

bmcosti
11-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm in for both. I will donate to the congressional campaign because I am maxed out. I think that this idea is great because it draws attention to the front runner in a way that makes America analyze the foreign policy situation from the top experts in the world.

1. It calls Rudy out an makes him engage in a debate he would rather avoid. He doesn't want to reach down to candidates lower in the polls, but
2. It calls out those people who wrote the books, and allows them to be brought in to the media as experts in support of Ron Paul in front of the public.
3. It calls the public out to engage them in GASP....thinking, researching, and communicating on the subject of foreign policy in terms that are very favorable to us. Even if they don't agree with us it means they have to pay more respect to us.
4. It engages the media to do active research in to non-interventionist foreign policy, and analyze the disaster that our foreign policy currently is.
5. It gives more money to Ron Paul...earlier.
6. It helps build momentum, media wise, to promote the Tea Party.
7. It gives Ron Paul, if we succeed, another day or two in the media spotlight.
8. I believe the fund raising success helped us break through to a lot of people, and our polling numbers went up. I think if we break through again it will increase our numbers even higher right before Iowa.
9. We always want to be shooting for the top. Rudy is the top right now, also by default we are aiming at Huck, Mitt, McCain.
10. I just plain like it.

I could write a book on how good a play this is Trevor. Let's go for it. I think it will cause people to donate more overall.

Love it!

shrapnel88
11-21-2007, 08:36 PM
my 2 cents:

the goal of november 30th should be to break the 12 million mark.

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 08:39 PM
my 2 cents:

Hey! That's not a bad goal! I like it... what do you all think?

We're at nearly 9 million now, so that's like what... (getting calculator out)...

Uh... that's like... only $3 million more! Very good! :D

shrapnel88
11-21-2007, 08:40 PM
i think it's great because that means we'll break the goal a month in advance. december will be icing on the cake!

FreeTraveler
11-21-2007, 08:43 PM
my 2 cents:

Yeah, some line about finishing the quarter a month early so that we can start on the real money-raising, or something. :D

Drknows
11-21-2007, 08:58 PM
my 2 cents:

I believe this goal is attainable if we promote it like the 16th. We need it to go viral.

EDIT*

Maybe we should just keep the theme simple and leave rudy out? 12 million dollar push?

Either way im all for this idea!

bmcosti
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I believe this goal is attainable if we promote it like the 16th. We need it to go viral.

Maybe we should just keep the theme simple and leave rudy out? 12 million dollar push?

Either way im all for this idea!

I think Rudy is the key to this idea, it would bring the Rudy campaign into conflict with Ron Paul's ideas. Without Ron Paul having to do it directly. Let the supporters do the dirty work and Ron can do what he does best talk about non-interventionism. Let's set the stage for Ron Paul to engage with the front runner.

lastnymleft
11-21-2007, 09:38 PM

Rob needs no credit card, and he doesn't need to be old enough to vote, to earn my respect. His support is worth a LOT more than $2300 to this campaign. His work in promoting thisnovember5th.com and teaparty07.com has been, from what I can figure, *second to none*. Indeed, you may not have got your 15 minutes without Rob's efforts. I think some of your responses to Rob in this thread have been excessive, and unwarranted.

Keep up the good work, Rob!

mkrfctr
11-21-2007, 09:40 PM
I think the idea of a fundraiser prior to the 16th isn't the end of the world - I do however think it will detract from the 16th if you say 'if you can only do one, do the first one' - I think to get media attention it is really important for the 16th to do better than the 5th, a lot better. Splitting it so much might get RP some money earlier, but will completely gut the idea of making Dec16th HUGE...

I agree with others, make it something about hitting the 12mil mark a month early - with 9 days to go that number should be about 2.5mil, which I think is more doable and leaves the campaign with no room to complain.

Also none of the other events have been about another candidate, why this one? They've been about America, about freedom, about liberty - and I think this one should be too.

lastnymleft
11-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Perhaps something involving pictures of the actual book covers that Dr Paul suggested? Take it as an opportunity to promote not just the money-bomb, but the actual books themselves. A more educated public is always a Good Thing.

Apauled
11-21-2007, 09:42 PM
pledged

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Also none of the other events have been about another candidate, why this one? They've been about America, about freedom, about liberty - and I think this one should be too.

That's an excellent point. The domain is already fixed, though...but fortunately, I think changes could still be made.

SwordOfShannarah
11-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Rob needs no credit card, and he doesn't need to be old enough to vote, to earn my respect. His support is worth a LOT more than $2300 to this campaign. His work in promoting thisnovember5th.com and teaparty07.com has been, from what I can figure, *second to none*. Indeed, you may not have got your 15 minutes without Rob's efforts. I think some of your responses to Rob in this thread have been excessive, and unwarranted.

Keep up the good work, Rob!

I can understand that- and that's because you don't know the full history. We just talked in PM. We're good now.

Son of Freedom
11-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I own edit.EDITED.edit (CONTACTED THREAD STARTER, WAITING FOR RESPONSE)

Would you like to use that domain instead? I've been trying to transfer rights to this site to get my name off of the registration. I want to make sure it gets into good hands.

Site to go blank at midnite tonight, just showing the work that's been started until then. It's a long way from finished, there's so much good stuff on my man. Use it as you wish, if this went viral in public it would shed a lot of light on the man.

ClayTrainor
11-21-2007, 10:16 PM
ignore this post

Son of Freedom
11-21-2007, 10:17 PM
are....you....serious?

Oh boy. You didn't actually see the site? Yes I am serious that the site is mine and I'm serious I'm offering it up. Do you think I support Rudy?

Since we're talking about a dual edged sword of two bombs (a small one first, then the Mother of all Bombs) over the next 3 weeks, why not use the educating Rudy theme and make that dual edged also by educating America after the first fundraiser? Until the educating Rudy fundraising is over the site can be dedicated to just that, fundraising on that theme. After that, it can be used very effectively, especially since it will garner much interest from many parties. This site will get hits like crazy and I believe most of those will be from people that might be considering Rudy. We can go viral publicly and honey-pot them into the site.

mtmedlin
11-21-2007, 10:37 PM
two money bombs, god.........why??? Why cant we just stick to the plan and have 1 very large bomb. They have $10 million in the bank, they wont spend it all before the 16th. Two small bombs will not get reported and we lose the free press but go ahead with this dumbass idea because I know that you will anyhow. I will get flamed, but I couldnt care less. When we have two bombs anf they arent heavily reported, i will be vindicated.

francisco
11-21-2007, 11:17 PM
A PROPOSAL FOR AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF PLEDGING $100 ON NOVEMBER 30

Instead of pledges to donate $100 on Nov.30th, How about getting pledges to donate $10 each and every day until Nov. 30 and / or Dec. 16th; or $10 each day until $100 has been contributed? (Separate checkoffs or radio buttons could be provided)?

This proposal has several virtues:

1) Keeps people involved and interested each day. Every day they will be watching the number of donations rise.

2) Builds interest factor, seeing the number of individual donations climb day by day

3) Establishes a new metric for a record (number of individual donations in a day) for media attention. As we reach record number of individual donations, the stage is set for media attention each day for yet another new record! The gift that keeps on giving!

4) Generates same amount of money by target end date for early pledgers, but campaign gets access to funds quicker.

5) As enthusiasm builds, pledgers will have reinforcement to increase their donation level or extend daily donations past the original target date they selected.

6) Allows separate focused attention on Nov.30 and Dec.16 as the consumate days for each contributor to make maximum feasible donation to achieve total funds raised records.

7) Allows media attention by the Nov.28 debates. Record numbers of donors correlate with high level of participation by Ron Paul supporters in video question submissions.

8) Avoids repeating the original problem: people hoarding dollars until the designated moneybomb day, starving campaign of reliable continuity of funds

The official campaign could facilitate the goal by providing at the donation site an option to authorize peridic contributions by credit card. This makes the actual donation automatic and easy for the contributor. Other campaigns have done this (albeit typically for monthly not daily contributions).

A promotional tagline like "STAND UP AND BE COUNTED" would, I think, key in well with this concept.

atthegates
11-21-2007, 11:18 PM
i gotta be honest and say im not very keen on this idea. i have a feeling it'll negatively impact donations on the 16th.

ClayTrainor
11-21-2007, 11:20 PM
okay nm... i was a bit ignorant man

francisco
11-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Haha here I thought you were some bored college tech dude. you're a pretty good php coder for only being 16.

Rob, you're only 16 and you knew what the Fine Structure Constant in physics is, in an earlier thread? Kids are growing up fast nowadays, I'm feeling obsolete!

PRIEST
11-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Trevor, please stipulate that Nov 30 is a "bonus" bomb day.

If a supporter can only afford one more donation, save it for December 16th.

We NEED to beat the all-time one day record, for it is within our (non-diluted) grasp.

Son of Freedom
11-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Trevor, please stipulate that Nov 30 is a "bonus" bomb day.

If a supporter can only afford one more donation, save it for December 16th.

We NEED to beat the all-time one day record, for it is within our (non-diluted) grasp.

I agree. I will do $50 against Rudy and the full $100 for the Tea Party, because I'm lucky I can do both. I don't think we should take anything from the Tea Party at all. Many of us can afford both. We're at $9M now, $10M plus is easy by the 30th. That USA Today ad should garner some attention, give it until Monday to see results. We're busy traveling and with family, hopefully the newcomers who were intrigued with the ad discuss it during todays family gatherings.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

KCIndy
11-22-2007, 12:23 AM
BONUS BOMB! BONUS BOMB!

I like it! I'm in.

Let's see if we can go "over the top" on that 12 million goal before December 1st.

NinjaPirate
11-22-2007, 12:27 AM
bump?

Omphfullas Zamboni
11-22-2007, 01:31 AM
You guys/girls are the funnest group of people to watch! If you keep up your infectious, energetic, optimistic, enthusiasm, I might just believe that America's rainbow still has some sparkle left. And if I ever see a Ron Paul blimp--oh, dear--I'd probably experience an aneurysm of joy.

Persevere.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Primbs
11-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Nice work.:)

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm happy to have another chance to show my support

LibertyEagle
11-22-2007, 02:27 PM
You guys/girls are the funnest group of people to watch! If you keep up your infectious, energetic, optimistic, enthusiasm, I might just believe that America's rainbow still has some sparkle left. And if I ever see a Ron Paul blimp--oh, dear--I'd probably experience an aneurysm of joy.

Persevere.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

:D:D

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 02:28 PM
let's give love another chance :)

Menthol Patch
11-28-2007, 03:55 AM
Please spread the word about Rudys Reading List! We have 2 days remaining!