PDA

View Full Version : Self-driving cars, Facebook passwords, atomic energy; interesting stuff in proposed bills

Keith and stuff
01-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Monday, January 7, 2013
Self-driving cars, Facebook passwords, atomic energy; there’s interesting stuff in proposed bills
David Brooks
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/989346-469/self-driving-cars-facebook-passwords-atomic-energy-theres.html

A lot of these bills are pretty interesting. Some of them build off past efforts, which were also successful. NH has more of a privacy culture than most, if not all states. So, it is no surprise that a Facebook password bill is being proposed in NH. I'm also not surprised that another bill is being proposed to build off the open source reforms that were recently passed. The same is true for a bill building off the smart meter reforms which recently passed. These bills are proposed by a combination of statists, liberty Republicans and free staters.

Below are the titles of the proposed geeky bills. To learn more about them, click on the link above.

Establishing a committee to study the use of autonomous vehicles in N.H.
Sounds good.

Repealing the New Hampshire atomic energy act.
Sounds good.

Relative to the use of open source software by state agencies; including the department of information technology in the uniform electronic transactions act; and repealing the information practices act.
Sounds good.

Relative to regulating alkaline hydrolysis for the disposal of human remains.
Seems helpful.

Prohibiting an employer from requiring an employee or prospective employee to disclose his or her social media passwords.
This is statism. Though, this is the type of statism which isn't so harmful. Not sure how I feel about it.

Requiring consent prior to the installation of smart meters.
This makes sense. Though, it isn't needed as much thanks to the previous bill which became law.

Authorizing group net metering for limited electrical energy producers.
Sounds good in practice but I don't trust it.

Establishing a committee to study the resolution of barriers to the use of telehealth technology in New Hampshire.
Seems like a positive step.