PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: CNN: "Last Night Alex Jones Went Off His Rocker!"

Constitutional Paulicy
01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAofA1dWRFY&feature=youtube_gdata

liberty2897
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
I watched it. It wasn't much of a debate, but it did make me laugh out loud a few times... The British accent thing was pretty childish, but it really made me laugh. What is it about that accent that sounds so condescending? The video segments that they used in this post-commentary was actually pretty favorable to Alex Jones imo.

This comment taken from the video link comments sums it up pretty well for me.

Alex Jones may have too many guns and too much mouth, but I bet Piers Morgan has 50 pairs of woman's underwear . I prefer the American loudmouth with the guns.

kcchiefs6465
01-08-2013, 09:07 AM

'AR15 style weapons and how you easily you can get them. More easily than you can get a package of sudafed.'- CNN expert

Ahh. What a good way to start off my morning.

shane77m
01-08-2013, 09:09 AM
'AR15 style weapons and how you easily you can get them. More easily than you can get a package of sudafed.'- CNN expert

In my area you can't get either. Meth-heads buy up all of the Sudafed and the liberty lovers buy up all of the AR's.

kcchiefs6465
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Has anyone ever heard the White House respond to any of the other dozen or more petitions that have reached the '25,000' threshold? I don't believe they have. Kind of funny this is the petition they choose to respond to. Jay Carney's press release was as priceless as I imagined it would be. This seems staged as hell.

brandon
01-08-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm just watching this right now. Jones is a freaking riot...not sure how anyone can take this guy seriously.

shane77m
01-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Has anyone ever heard the White House respond to any of the other dozen or more petitions that have reached the '25,000' threshold? I don't believe they have. Kind of funny this is the petition they choose to respond to. Jay Carney's press release was as priceless as I imagined it would be. This seems staged as hell.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/responses

The responses are good for a laugh.

ninepointfive
01-08-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm just watching this right now. Jones is a freaking riot...not sure how anyone can take this guy seriously.

We take him seriously - because he understands the sentiments of the american patriot.

we're mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore.

kcchiefs6465
01-08-2013, 09:22 AM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/responses

The responses are good for a laugh.
And just when I thought my day couldn't get any brighter I hear that the White House is brewing beer. As if that is not ridiculous enough it seems 25,000+ people have petitioned the White House to release their recipe. I repeat, the petition is not 'Do your fucking jobs, you rat bastards, I'm not paying for you to brew and market ale,' it's for the recipe of the ale. *Sigh* This one really hit me hard. Here's the response.

With public excitement about White House beer fermenting such a buzz, we decided we better hop right to it.

Inspired by home brewers from across the country, last year President Obama bought a home brewing kit for the kitchen. After the few first drafts we landed on some great recipes that came from a local brew shop. We received some tips from a couple of home brewers who work in the White House who helped us amend it and make it our own. To be honest, we were surprised that the beer turned out so well since none of us had brewed beer before.

As far as we know the White House Honey Brown Ale is the first alcohol brewed or distilled on the White House grounds. George Washington brewed beer and distilled whiskey at Mount Vernon and Thomas Jefferson made wine but there's no evidence that any beer has been brewed in the White House. (Although we do know there was some drinking during prohibition…)

Since our first batch of White House Honey Brown Ale we've added the Honey Porter and have gone even further to add a Honey Blonde this past summer. Like many home brewers who add secret ingredients to make their beer unique, all of our brews have honey that we tapped from the first ever bee-hive on the South Lawn. The honey gives the beer a rich aroma and a nice finish but it doesn't sweeten it.

If you want a behind the scenes look at our home-brewing process, this video offers some proof.

I must be losing my goddamn mind.

jmdrake
01-08-2013, 09:29 AM

You know, say what you want about Alex Jones. But the average person on the fence watching CNN's coverage of his "rant" will be more likely to join his side than theirs. And he'll definitely get more people Googling him and tuning him in from this. Throw me in that briar patch.

phill4paul
01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
(Although we do know there was some drinking during prohibition…)

Imagine that. You mean the makers of the rules don't follow the rules.

I'm with you. Out of everything that is broken in government today they are acting like they are a start-up during the dot.com boom.

jllundqu
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
The cause of Liberty would have been better served if ole AJ kept his cool... he came off as a psycho imo... and I'm a fan!

itshappening
01-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know how much the White House costs to run and how many people "work" for it?

phill4paul
01-08-2013, 09:39 AM

I wish.

kcchiefs6465
01-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know how much the White House costs to run and how many people "work" for it?
Well, with enough money to partake in ale brewing endeavors I would simply say too much. I honestly have never heard the statistics. I can assure you it is an absurd number. I'm not even sure if I'm ready to hear it. Might chip a tooth or something.

kcchiefs6465
01-08-2013, 09:43 AM
I wish.
Didn't ya know? She's an expert.

A_Silent_Majority_Member
01-08-2013, 09:49 AM
middle middle middle she repeats.. some AR-15 "style" weapons one side to "Grab our guns" on the other... hmm.. this "middle" is more close to "Grab our guns" then where you start lady. blah more like one side is no gun control and the other is total gun ban. oh but wait thats thinking logically. whatever. the point is moot.. here is why there is no middle...the 2nd was no doubt in place so that we the people could not be simply lambs for the slaughter against a tyaranical regeme be it our own in washington or an attempted invasion by one from afar. but anyway. this whole petition bit.. where the bleep is the petition for white house staff (and the rest of those in gov)to stop referring to our REPUBLIC as "our demacracy"????

airborne373
01-08-2013, 10:43 AM

I take Alex Jones more seriously than you by MAGNITUDES! So now you know.

jbauer
01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
We take him seriously - because he understands the sentiments of the american patriot.

we're mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore.

That might be true but the proper way to get people to even bother listening to you isn't to freakout on the aire about it.

liveandletlive
01-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Jones was a plant used to discredit 2nd amendment supporters as nutjobs. great job CNN, you guys put on a clown with no self control and mission accomplished.

The people here cheering on that nonsense need to think twice....out of all the Constitution advocates available for hack Piers to debate - why did they pick Alex Jones?

If you still dont know the answer youre a moron

liveandletlive
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
That might be true but the proper way to get people to even bother listening to you isn't to freakout on the aire about it.

he embarrassed himself and hurt the cause.

phill4paul
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
he embarrassed himself and hurt the cause.

He did not. Quit being so melodramatic.

jmdrake
01-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Jones was a plant used to discredit 2nd amendment supporters as nutjobs. great job CNN, you guys put on a clown with no self control and mission accomplished.

The people here cheering on that nonsense need to think twice....out of all the Constitution advocates available for hack Piers to debate - why did they pick Alex Jones?

If you still dont know the answer youre a moron

I'm sure the fact that Jones was one of the main ones pushing the deportation petition had nothing to do with it and Larry Pratt was invited on for the same reason. /sarcasm

dinosaur
01-08-2013, 03:51 PM
He did not. Quit being so melodramatic.

Yes he did. Save the melodrama lecture for Jones, he's the one who needs it.

itshappening
01-08-2013, 03:54 PM
jmdrake, maybe you can answer this criticism that AJ doesn't blame Israel sufficiently enough for 9/11.

Correct me if I'm wrong but has he covered the Israeli front moving companies in New York and the Israeli's who were caught high fiving? I think I remember him covering those incidents along with the Israeli instant messaging company in the WTC. My memory isnt that good though.

If its true that he has covered these events then the argument that he hasn't is invalidated is it not?

TheGrinch
01-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Alex Jones needs to take course in speaking to a biased audience before he goes claiming he's representing my views.

Not that I necessarily disagreed with that much of what he said, but that was an embarassment of a debate on both sides. I can assure you he changed no minds, and will only serve to divide those who think he sounded like a nutjob (facts aside, he did) from legitimate views.

AFPVet
01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
The cause of Liberty would have been better served if ole AJ kept his cool... he came off as a psycho imo... and I'm a fan!

That's exactly what I was thinking.

talkingpointes
01-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Anyone who thinks Alex did a bad job is a moron pure and simple. What the heck is with people "calling for a middle ground"!!! (I do say, it's on both sides) Yeah, well he embodied the large disenchanted swaths of the country and how they are feeling at the moment. He came off as crazy as bat shit but 100% sincere. People will value his sincerity way more then people seem to give credit for.

talkingpointes
01-08-2013, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9buEI8SgwU

dinosaur
01-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Extemism in the defense of liberty is no vice. But impersonating a nutjob is.

QuickZ06
01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
HE"S GOT 50 GUNS!!!!!!!!! But they fail to realize he only has two hands.

phill4paul
01-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes he did. Save the melodrama lecture for Jones, he's the one who needs it.

No he did not. What is there to actually debate? Why the second amendment is not about hunting? That violent crime rises where gun control is enacted?

It is time to tell these people the simple truth.

1776 will commence when you come for our guns.

End debate. There is no comeback other than them using the state for their purpose at that point. At which point his argument becomes legitimate.

talkingpointes
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Extemism in the defense of liberty is no vice. But impersonating a nutjob is.

That is the exact thing they called Goldwater and for the sake of conversation Ron Paul. I cannot stand Alex Jones, I would rather drag my penis over broken glass then listen to his daily. But he is spot on here. Who else has that kind of fire and passion, then has the credibility to say they have 1.5 million viewers. I think he actually did the movement a solid this time.

James Madison
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Anyone thinks Alex did a bad job is a moron pure and simple. What the fuck is with people "calling for a middle ground"!!! (I do say, it's on both sides) Yeah, well he embodied the disenchanted large swaths of the country and how they are feeling at the moment. He came off as crazy as bat shit but 100% sincere. People will value his sincerity way more then people seem to give credit for.

"Middle Ground" is code for "I don't really care, just leave me alone with my reality television and sporting events". It's the most intellectually lazy position one can take in any discussion because it requires no critical thinking, no original ideas, and certainly no conviction, just a modicrum of awareness. And because it seeks to appease both sides of the argument, it seems "reasonable", which appeals to Boobus and his massive inferiority complex with the rest of the world.

"Banning 'assault weapons', you say? Well, that sounds reasonable." No, it isn't. I still can't figure out WTF is an 'assault rifle'? Is there a particular model or make or is it just an umbrella term for anything that looks scary. Unless it's in the hands of state-licensed mercenaries, of course. If you ban 'assault rifles' then government and its employees must follow suit. The police and military can wade into gunfire with a Wild-West style 6-shot revolvers and pump action shotguns. Fuck it, let's outfit them with muskets and single-shot pistols.

Seriously, am I the only one who sees the irony in a government armed with 1000+ thermonuclear bombs lecturning its citizens about responsible gun restrictions, no of which, of course, will apply to the state.

dinosaur
01-08-2013, 04:36 PM
That is the exact thing they called Goldwater and for the sake of conversation Ron Paul. I cannot stand Alex Jones, I would rather drag my penis over broken glass then listen to his daily. But he is spot on here. Who else has that kind of fire and passion, then has the credibility to say they have 1.5 million viewers. I think he actually did the movement a solid this time.

But Goldwater and Ron Paul are not nutty. I actually don't believe that Alex is either, but why oh why would he deliberately present himself as unhinged? I finally watched, and what people are calling "passion" doesn't really come off that way.

A Son of Liberty
01-08-2013, 04:42 PM

Lol! Thumbs!

talkingpointes
01-08-2013, 04:42 PM
But Goldwater and Ron Paul are not nutty. I actually don't believe that Alex is either, but why oh why would he deliberately present himself as unhinged? I finally watched, and what people are calling "passion" doesn't really come off that way.

That is pretty much his character in my opinion. To which I would agree, in this case at least. Given the issue at hand I think being "unhinged" is perfectly understandable. Do you need someone with a velvet glove so you will hand your guns over ?

dinosaur
01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
That is pretty much his character in my opinion. To which I would agree, in this case at least. Given the issue at hand I think being "unhinged" is perfectly understandable. Do you need someone with a velvet glove so you will hand your guns over ?

Acting unhinged, while giving the pro-freedom, argument is not something that any one of us who recognize the seriousness of this situation would do. Because it is that serious. I'm not sure what you mean by the velvet glove question, because impassioned words and theatrics are two different things.

paulbot24
01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
When the opposition is talking about removing Constitutional rights it is way past teatime and "civilized" chat. Burning the Constitution, even in a lovely British mansion fireplace, is not civilized Mr. Morgan.

A Son of Liberty
01-08-2013, 04:59 PM
When the opposition is talking about removing Constitutional rights it is way past teatime and "civilized" chat. Burning the Constitution, even in a lovely British mansion fireplace, is not civilized Mr. Morgan.

Exactly. It's time to stand up, stick your finger right in that guy's chest and scream, "NO!" They've heard our case; we've heard theirs... they don't agree. Come and take 'em.

talkingpointes
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Exactly. It's time to stand up, stick your finger right in that guy's chest and scream, "NO!" They've heard our case; we've heard theirs... they don't agree. Come and take 'em.

Pretty much. The negligence in understanding the situation is going to become explosive. People feel the country is on a brink, and then you try to take their weapons. (And in America) No good can become of this.

BenIsForRon
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM

In all honestly, you sound ridiculous. The government is not going to bust down your door and take you guns tomorrow (they're building up to that, but a long way off right now), and you're certainly not prepared if it did happen.

So stop the grandstanding, you're on an internet forum.

jmdrake
01-08-2013, 05:22 PM
jmdrake, maybe you can answer this criticism that AJ doesn't blame Israel sufficiently enough for 9/11.

Correct me if I'm wrong but has he covered the Israeli front moving companies in New York and the Israeli's who were caught high fiving? I think I remember him covering those incidents along with the Israeli instant messaging company in the WTC. My memory isnt that good though.

If its true that he has covered these events then the argument that he hasn't is invalidated is it not?

Yep. He's covered that.

https://s1-us4.startpage.com/do/search?cmd=process_search&pid=425b11996a3a42de0e148139ffb4dd2c

https://s2-us3.startpage.com/do/search?cmd=process_search&pid=6b34e291fedadc1aa504e5891ff40bdf

A Son of Liberty
01-08-2013, 05:24 PM
In all honestly, you sound ridiculous. The government is not going to bust down your door and take you guns tomorrow (they're building up to that, but a long way off right now), and you're certainly not prepared if it did happen.

So stop the grandstanding, you're on an internet forum.

You're entitled to your opinion. You still want to "discuss" this with these folks.

In my opinion, you're wasting your breath. They're not interested in what you have to say. They want the guns out of your hands. You're entitled to think that is not what they want, but it is.

satchelmcqueen
01-08-2013, 05:47 PM
jones may have sounded stupid last night towards the end with the accent but damn if i dont feel the exact same way! he says on tv what i say to my friends and family. good job alex jones! only ventura can slam someone harder than that.