PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul’s Free Competition in Currency Act Lives On

sailingaway
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
http://news.coinupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/free-competition.jpg

Rep. Paul Broun Jr. of Georgia has introduced the "Free Competition in Currency Act of 2013" in the 113th Congress. This bill contains the same provisions as bills previously introduced by former Congressman Ron Paul, which seek to repeal legal tender laws and prohibit taxation on certain coins and bullion.

The newly introduced bill H.R. 77 seeks to repeal Section 5103 or title 31, which states "United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts." This would be replaced by "5103. [Repealed]."

The bill also provides that no tax may be imposed with the respect to the sale, exchange, or other disposition of any coin, medal, token, or gold, silver, platinum, palladium, or rhodium bullion, whether issued by a State, the United States, a foreign government, or any other person. Further, no state may asses any tax or fee any any currency or monetary instrument used in the transaction of interstate or foreign commerce which is subject to the enjoyment of legal tender status under article I, section 10 of the United States Constitution.

Finally, the bill would repeal superfluous related sections of the United States Code by striking Title 18, sections 486 and 489, which relate to uttering coins of gold, silver, or other metal and possessing likenesses of coins. These are treated as anti-counterfeiting statutes. It is provided that any prosecution under these sections shall abate, and any previous conviction under the sections shall be null and void.

more: http://news.coinupdate.com/ron-pauls-free-competition-in-currency-act-lives-on-1795/

Carson
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm thinking something like this is the first step to restoring our ability to save. Every form of saving for the future seems broken to me.

The network of central banks that has infected us globally has destroyed every avenue of savings leaving anyone needing money only one place to go to borrow; The central banks themselves.

Whenever they double the money supply, sure your Uncle Phil gets twice as much for his stocks, but it is twice as many of something worth have as much. It is criminal to expect people to pay capital gains taxes on an illusion of doubling your money. That is exactly what is happening. The more they spend that they don't have the more they inflate. The more they inflate the more the cut themselves in on your property.

Something like at least one safe haven for our savings could give us some hope for the future.

Carson
01-07-2013, 10:54 PM
P.S. Man that real money in the picture is beautiful. It was really something back when the Mint's were really mints.

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 08:41 AM
P.S. Man that real money in the picture is beautiful. It was really something back when the Mint's were really mints.

Back when money was really money. Silver gold and copper look different than tin, zinc and whatever that brassy stuff is they put on the 'gold' coins.

Carson
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Back when money was really money. Silver gold and copper look different than tin, zinc and whatever that brassy stuff is they put on the 'gold' coins.

There is that and there is also the aspect that it takes a lot more coins to equal the same value as we used to have all condensed down to a handful of change in our pocket. That mean they have to have the fake money presses literally flying when they are stamping coins. They have to design the dies to hold up to the tougher metallic alloys and the added repetition.

And they've collapsed the economy so much even if you found an artist and wanted to create quality coin I'm not sure find the tools and materials they needed to work with.

This is my favorite. Still all the coins made when money was real had a certain magic.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/The-ultimategoal.jpg

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 07:10 PM
High relief, yeah. Beautiful. Is that the one Teddy Roosevelt commissioned?

NoOneButPaul
01-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm thinking something like this is the first step to restoring our ability to save. Every form of saving for the future seems broken to me.

The network of central banks that has infected us globally has destroyed every avenue of savings leaving anyone needing money only one place to go to borrow; The central banks themselves.

Whenever they double the money supply, sure your Uncle Phil gets twice as much for his stocks, but it is twice as many of something worth have as much. It is criminal to expect people to pay capital gains taxes on an illusion of doubling your money. That is exactly what is happening. The more they spend that they don't have the more they inflate. The more they inflate the more the cut themselves in on your property.

Something like at least one safe haven for our savings could give us some hope for the future.

THIS!!!

Carson
01-08-2013, 09:54 PM
High relief, yeah. Beautiful. Is that the one Teddy Roosevelt commissioned?

It's the Saint Gaudens gold coin. I'm not sure who commissioned it.

Yeah it was Teddy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Gaudens_double_eagle

It's a piece of art. Imagine having one of those in your pocket instead of about seventeen hundred of the coins they are calling dollars now.

Or imagine having one of those in your possession that had been passed down through the family still retaining its value in regards to inflation.

Now you'd about have to chop it in half every time it passed a generation to pay the what ever they call it tax. Thing is after you chopped it up to pay the capital gains taxes on it there wouldn't have been anything worth a darn left anyways or left to chop.

Pieces of seventeen hundred?

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/pieces-of-eight.gif

Pieces of Eight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_dollar)