PDA

View Full Version : Bank of America Freezes Funds of Licensed Online Gun Dealer

green73
01-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Legal gun ownership in America is under attack on all sides. From pending bans that would restrict the sale, transfer and possession of certain weapons, to outright calls for repeal of the Second Amendment, we are entering an unprecedented era in American history.

So much so, that not only is the government now coming after your right to bear arms, but private sector businesses are following suit.

One of the country’s largest financial institutions, the ironically named Bank of America, has now taken it upon themselves to decide what is or is not a lawful business practice.

The following alert was posted on the Facebook page of licensed firearms dealer and manufacturer American Spirit Arms.

According to owner Joe Sirochman, the bank, which was recently caught engaging in the highly unlawful practice of laundering billions of dollars in Colombian drug cartel money, has put a freeze on American Spirit’s transaction deposits and has refused to release funds legitimately processed through the company’s web site.

In an apparent attempt to take the moral high road on the issue of gun ownership, Sirochman says the Bank of America manager he spoke to about the inaccessibility of his company’s funds told him the bank believes he “should not be selling guns and parts on the internet.”

cont
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/outrage-bank-of-america-freezes-funds-of-licensed-online-gun-dealer-we-believe-you-should-not-be-selling-guns-on-the-internet_01072013

kathy88
01-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Holy shit.

Czolgosz
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Private sector corps are also agents of gov. Errday, all day.

http://llamabutchers.mu.nu/agentsmith.jpg

ZENemy
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
The school shooting WAS the FIRST real crack in the new liberty bell that Ive seen so far, it has really changed peoples minds, even gun owners around here in CA are talking about giving them up "isn't it time to move on" they say. Its the 9/11 of "gun owners"

phill4paul
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Didn't a homeowner have the local sheriff department allow them to seize a local branch over non-payment of a settlement concerning a mortgage? He needs to file the paperwork to get his money back and then file theft charges.

ETA: ahh, here it is.........

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2011-06-03/Tables-Turn-Deputies-and-movers-show-up-at-bank-to-seize-property-for-homeowner-#.UOsq1-TLSSo

A Collier County judge said Bank of America has to pay the couple's $2,534 legal fees for the error. After more than five months the bank still hadn't paid up. So, the homeowners' attorney did just what the bank would do to get their money, legally seize their assets.

nobody's_hero
01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
The school shooting WAS the FIRST real crack in the new liberty bell that Ive seen so far, it has really changed peoples minds, even gun owners around here in CA are talking about giving them up "isn't it time to move on" they say. Its the 9/11 of "gun owners"

"Moving on", "Lean FOward" and the term "progressive" are all phrases embraced by a segment of our society trying to RETURN us to the days of kings and peasants. They think that we are somehow becoming more civilized by turning in our guns, but in reality, we are becoming domesticated.

green73
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM

I don't know about that. Over the weekend there was record attendance at guns shows in LA, Orlando, and Utah. In the Chicago area (where guns aren't banned) gun dealers can't keep up with the demand.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure I'd call BOA private sector. But this, as presented, sounds like open theft.

ZENemy
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't know about that. Over the weekend there was record attendance at guns shows in LA, Orlando, and Utah. In the Chicago area (where guns aren't banned) gun dealers can't keep up with the demand.

I would be willing to bet, that is part of the plan as well.

BACK order all the guns while they make new laws.

nobody's_hero
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
I would be willing to bet, that is part of the plan as well.

BACK order all the guns while they make new laws.

I don't know if it is planned. I think people are honestly rushing to buy before any ban goes into effect.

But it will be unfortunate for people who waited until this point in their lives to get a gun. They may not get the one they want.

Acala
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM

The only opinion polls I have seen don't show any significant change in opinions on gun control at all. The media is pressing it for aall their are worth, but not getting much traction that I have seen.

ZENemy
01-07-2013, 02:52 PM
The only opinion polls I have seen don't show any significant change in opinions on gun control at all. The media is pressing it for aall their are worth, but not getting much traction that I have seen.

Around here in CA, there are protestors on almost every corner demanding they "keep our streets safe by removing guns"

The gun buy backs around here are triple he size they were last year.

green73
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Drudged!
http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/bank-america-freezes-gun-manufacturers-account-company-owner-claims

paulbot24
01-07-2013, 04:33 PM
"We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the internet." Excuse me but who the fuck are you as a bank (read: band of thieves) to be making political decisions about legal business' transactions? I believe you and your crony friends like HSBC should stop laundering money for drug cartels. I hope Ron makes a statement about this.

Brian Coulter
01-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Around here in CA, there are protestors on almost every corner demanding they "keep our streets safe by removing guns"

Rent-a-mobs. There's no real grass-roots effort to ban guns. All of these anti-gun groups have ulterior motives that have nothing to do with our well being.

youngbuck
01-07-2013, 05:05 PM
BofA has long been known to the gun community to be very anti-gun. IIRC, they have been donating money to anti-gun groups for years. I guess this guy was ignorant of this, because any firearms owner in their right mind would avoid dealing with BofA at all costs.

ClydeCoulter
01-07-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't know if it is planned. I think people are honestly rushing to buy before any ban goes into effect.

But it will be unfortunate for people who waited until this point in their lives to get a gun. They may not get the one they want.

My local shop says that the manufacturers are afraid to build too many too fast until they see what will come out of the Congress. They don't want to get stuck with a lot of stuff they can't sell, so they are going easy at it right now.

AFPVet
01-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Banks suck... locally owned credit unions are better.

dillo
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Bank of America is one place the terrorists will never bomb

nobody's_hero
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
My local shop says that the manufacturers are afraid to build too many too fast until they see what will come out of the Congress. They don't want to get stuck with a lot of stuff they can't sell, so they are going easy at it right now.

Well, that does make sense. But, of course, if a ban goes into effect, they're not going to be able to sell anything anyway. I guess you could look at it from the angle you suggest, or you could be building guns like mad trying to beat a ban. Tough position to be in for the manufacturers.

phill4paul
01-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Well, that does make sense. But, of course, if a ban goes into effect, they're not going to be able to sell anything anyway. I guess you could look at it from the angle you suggest, or you could be building guns like mad trying to beat a ban. Tough position to be in for the manufacturers.

I think I would be building and selling like a mad man. All the while using those funds to build up parts manufacturing in the event of a ban. Even if the ban did not go into effect the number of weapons sold would ensure parts sales.

LibForestPaul
01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Fuck guns, buy a lathe already. Build as many AK47 as your heart desires. The ammo is what one should be buying.

presence
01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Fuck guns, buy a lathe already. Build as many AK47 as your heart desires. The ammo is what one should be buying.

From Soup to Nuts, Building an AK Receiver (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61255)