PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Marine Talks About Letter to Sen. Feinstein

shane77m
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/01/07/u-s-marine-talks-about-letter-to-sen-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban-would-start-country-on-slippery-slope-to-americans-being-disarmed/

On Fox and Friends this morning, Steve Doocy talked to former Marine Cpl. Joshua Boston, whose letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) over her proposed gun control legislation has gone viral in recent days.

“I am not your subject,” Boston wrote.

“I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America. I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.”

Boston explained that he believes once the government takes away assault weapons, it will be a “slippery slope” toward being able to restrict more and more types of firearms.

“Our firearms are important to us and they’re something that we have to have in order to keep what we have as a country going. And this starts us onto a slippery slope. They take (assault weapons) away, next they come for bolt-action guns. And there’s really no reason to register other than they confiscate at a later date in time,” said Boston.

Feinstein responded to Boston by saying, in part, that exceptions will be made in the bill for guns used for hunting purposes.

“This idea that the rights of existing gun owners is strictly limited to hunting and sporting purposes is just absurd and has no basis in the Bill of Rights. It’s not what it was for,” said Boston, who argued that throughout history there have been examples of governments confiscating citizens’ guns.

“It’s something we’ve seen happen time and time again in history. With Stalin, it happened in Cambodia and of course, the Third Reich. No one saw that coming until it was too late,” he said.

Video at the site.