PDA

View Full Version : Salon: welcome to the new civil war

AuH20
01-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I hate when these cowards hide behind the homosexual movement as they continue their attacks on us. Given the federal government's ruthless surge of late, homosexual activity is at the bottom of the list of my concerns. But don't tell Salon that.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/05/welcome_to_the_new_civil_war/

QuickZ06
01-07-2013, 10:42 AM
the continued expansion of constitutional rights and freedoms

LMAO, this guy is the biggest joke I have read all week. We are getting more freedoms hahahaha right.

aGameOfThrones
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
While the Civil War of the 1860s really was about slavery first and foremost

:rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
01-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Another Marxist, lying to cover his totalitarian neo-Marxist agenda. Anyone who disagrees in the slightest with him on any issue is a racist. :rolleyes: What a self-absorbed, lying weasel, filled with hate. He is the advocate and instigator of a new civil war.

People of a libertarian mindset have always been and always will be the group most opposed to slavery. This propagandist tries to convince people that the opposite is true.

Brian4Liberty
01-07-2013, 12:24 PM
...most congressional Republicans, having sworn a blood oath never to raise taxes on their millionaire patrons...

Most Democrats are bought and paid for by the same corporatists, cronies and lobbyists. The true fiscal conservatives are the ones opposed to crony government spending.

CaptUSA
01-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Most Democrats are bought and paid for by the same corporatists, cronies and lobbyists. The true fiscal conservatives are the ones opposed to crony government spending.Yeah, no kidding, right? Instead of trying to take more money from rich people, why don't you just stop giving them money from poorer people?! Somehow, Democrats are so blinded that they refuse to see this side of the coin.

Quit giving certain companies government loans.
Quit giving certain companies special tax breaks.
Quit giving certain companies government grants.
Quit giving certain companies "regulations" that only hurt their competitors.

Do those things and maybe we can talk about more taxation. It makes no sense to give them all sorts of perks and then try to get it back in the form of taxes. Are these people stupid?!

Brian4Liberty
01-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah, no kidding, right? Instead of trying to take more money from rich people, why don't you just stop giving them money from poorer people?! Somehow, Democrats are so blinded that they refuse to see this side of the coin.

Do those things and maybe we can talk about more taxation. It makes no sense to give them all sorts of perks and then try to get it back in the form of taxes. Are these people stupid?!

Got that right!

Deborah K
01-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Yeah, no kidding, right? Instead of trying to take more money from rich people, why don't you just stop giving them money from poorer people?! Somehow, Democrats are so blinded that they refuse to see this side of the coin.

I agree with everything you wrote except the bolded part. I don't wanna talk anymore about "more taxation". I wanna talk about a truly free market and spending cuts, and the dangers to freedom that central banking brings.

pochy1776
01-08-2013, 12:15 PM
I hate when these cowards hide behind the homosexual movement as they continue their attacks on us. Given the federal government's ruthless surge of late, homosexual activity is at the bottom of the list of my concerns. But don't tell Salon that.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/05/welcome_to_the_new_civil_war/

My anger on why this is called writing, is showing. First alex jones now this. The liberty movement is done.

Deborah K
01-08-2013, 01:03 PM
My anger on why this is called writing, is showing. First alex jones now this. The liberty movement is done.

It takes absolutely no talent at all to quit. Anyone can do it.

pochy1776
01-08-2013, 02:50 PM
It takes absolutely no talent at all to quit. Anyone can do it.

Deborah, I am Afraid. I am not quitting, everything i do to help the liberty movement falls into spades. I am beginning to think Leftist libertarians like Zwolinski and the people from LearnLiberty will try to purge the Ron Paul Movement. I am Afraid that people will just think we are a bunch of conspiracy theorists. I am afraid that people will keep electing Kryten Simmer rather than Ron Paul.

itshappening
01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Deborah, I am Afraid. I am not quitting, everything i do to help the liberty movement falls into spades. I am beginning to think Leftist libertarians like Zwolinski and the people from LearnLiberty will try to purge the Ron Paul Movement. I am Afraid that people will just think we are a bunch of conspiracy theorists. I am afraid that people will keep electing Kryten Simmer rather than Ron Paul.

They're not going to purge anything. The liberty movement is strong and we here at RPF can see through the BS better than anyone.

The teocons are the worst thing but we need to educate them.

paulbot24
01-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Salon is a giant progressive circle-jerk publication.

Deborah K
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM

I'm afraid too. But we will win because we are on the side of Liberty for all. One of the many, many attributes of Dr. Paul that I admire, and try to emulate, is his ability to create unlikely alliances. Unless someone or some group diametrically opposes liberty for ALL, then we can find a way to come together on the issues we can agree on, even if we don't like their approach, or whatever. In my mind, that is what Liberty is all about. Live and let live. We can do this. It is scary, and someday some of us will be required to give up our lives for it, I have no doubt, but that is what it sometimes takes. As the saying goes: I'd rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

pochy1776
01-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm afraid too. But we will win because we are on the side of Liberty for all. One of the many, many attributes of Dr. Paul that I admire, and try to emulate, is his ability to create unlikely alliances. Unless someone or some group diametrically opposes liberty for ALL, then we can find a way to come together on the issues we can agree on, even if we don't like their approach, or whatever. In my mind, that is what Liberty is all about. Live and let live. We can do this. It is scary, and someday some of us will be required to give up our lives for it, I have no doubt, but that is what it sometimes takes. As the saying goes: I'd rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

Why does everybody focus on distraction issues to feel better about themselves?

daviddee
01-08-2013, 08:43 PM

Deborah K
01-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Why does everybody focus on distraction issues to feel better about themselves?

Usually, the people who focus on 'distraction issues to feel better about themselves' as you put it, are not the "doers". They're usually the ones who sit around criticizing the people who actually get off their asses and accomplish something. "You will know them by their fruit."

Just try to find people who you feel you can work with, and work with them. Try not to worry about people you know you can't change. It's better to have one genuine friend, then 1000 phony, half-baked, hypocritical pretenders who only like you if you agree with them about everything.