PDA

View Full Version : Obama nominates John Brennan for CIA chief

vita3
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Who in Congress is going to challenge this on the basis of Brennan's involvment w/ torture & rendition?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-brennan-cia-20130107,0,4544987.story

itshappening
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
I think Rand will challenge him on rendition policy. There are lots of evidence and accounts of people being kidnapped and interrogated which can and should be quoted to him for his comments.

I dont think the senate will care though.

vita3
01-08-2013, 08:44 AM
“There’s been a coup, have you heard? It’s the CIA coup. The CIA runs everything, they run the military. They’re the ones who are over there lobbing missiles and bombs on countries. … And of course the CIA is every bit as secretive as the Federal Reserve. … And yet think of the harm they have done since they were established [after] World War II. They are a government unto themselves. They’re in businesses, in drug businesses, they take out dictators … We need to take out the CIA.”

Dr.Paul's own words & Brennan was the no#1 guy the last few years in bombing CIA missles from above.

vita3
01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Kind of upset that this board & the Liberty Movement is not fighting John Brennans CIA head nomination & Jacob Lew's Treasury.. Both have had documentated pasts that should exclude them from their responsibilites.

ZakB
01-11-2013, 12:04 PM
bump

twomp
01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Kind of upset that this board & the Liberty Movement is not fighting John Brennans CIA head nomination & Jacob Lew's Treasury.. Both have had documentated pasts that should exclude them from their responsibilites.

It doesn't matter what we think on this board. The real question is how does Israel feel about this appointment.

vita3
01-11-2013, 04:29 PM
It doesn't matter what we think on this board. The real question is how does Israel feel about this appointment.

We can certainly push Congress to not confirm them & make as much noise as possible about who they really are.

Very Sad part is I've seen a lot more Progressive push back on these two this past week then Libertarian/Campaign for Liberty camp.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2013, 05:04 PM
We can certainly push Congress to not confirm them & make as much noise as possible about who they really are.

They know who they are.