PDA

View Full Version : Danny Glover: Krugman For Treasury Secretary !!!

angelatc
01-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Because actors are total economic wonks, I guess I'll have to set aside my usual ridicule of all things Krugman and give this some serious thought.
(tick, tock, tick, tock.)

Bwahahahahahaha!

In my email, from MoveOn.org:

elow is an email from the actor Danny Glover, who worked with the organization Just Foreign Policy to create a petition that's taking off on SignOn.org, the nonprofit site that allows anyone to start their own online petition. If you have concerns or feedback about this petition, click here (http://civic.moveon.org/signon_feedback/?id=t=1).

Dear MoveOn member,

Press reports say President Obama will soon nominate a new Treasury Secretary. Press speculation has centered on candidates likely to support the Wall Street agenda of cuts to Social Security and Medicare benefits and other domestic spending rather than government policies to create jobs.

We want President Obama to nominate Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman, who opposes austerity and wants the government to focus on creating jobs.

That's why I created a petition on SignOn.org to President Barack Obama, which says:

We urge you to nominate Paul Krugman for Treasury Secretary. Krugman will protect Social Security and Medicare from benefit cuts, promote policies to create jobs, and help defeat the austerity dogma in Washington and around the world.

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.
(http://www.moveon.org/r?r=285940&id=6045kx&t=5)
Thanks!

–Danny Glover

I broke the links. You guys don't need to be adding my name to these petitions!

FrankRep
01-06-2013, 04:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_o7Pkoy6ghMs/R2FuqUjoatI/AAAAAAAAAEw/Zx-jwy9iF5U/s320/0,,5253273,00.jpg

Danny Glover is a strong supporter of the Communist/Progressive movement.

James Madison
01-06-2013, 04:05 PM
WTF is it with all these Hollywood types? Is being a complete moron a requirement for casting, or what?

Danke
01-06-2013, 04:05 PM

Dear MoveOn member,

I always had my suspicions about you.

phill4paul
01-06-2013, 04:48 PM
WTF is it with all these Hollywood types? Is being a complete moron a requirement for casting, or what?

It's a liberal industry. Go along to get along?

belian78
01-06-2013, 05:05 PM
I saw this on reddit the other day, I'm just.... Everytime I think people can't show me any more stupidity, I'm surprised yet again.

James Madison
01-06-2013, 05:09 PM
It's a liberal industry. Go along to get along?

But Hollywood is filled with evil rich people, and MSNBC told me only Conservatives can be evil rich people.

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2013, 05:10 PM
This would be a good time to remind everyone that Hollywood got the single biggest serving of pork from the last minute fiscal cliff spending bill.

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2013, 05:13 PM
But Hollywood is filled with evil rich people, and MSNBC told me only Conservatives can be evil rich people.

Marxists become Fascists the minute they become rich, yet they tend to keep the Marxist rhetoric.

belian78
01-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Sure, elect Krug to Sec of Treasury, shortly after that we'll be preparing for an alien invasion.

Antischism
01-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I wish actors would stay out of politics and stick to the screen, where I can enjoy them in roles that don't threaten my freedom.
Ronald Reagan is proof enough of this.

ClydeCoulter
01-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Because actors are total economic wonks, I guess I'll have to set aside my usual ridicule of all things Krugman and give this some serious thought.
(tick, tock, tick, tock.)

Bwahahahahahaha!

I broke the links. You guys don't need to be adding my name to these petitions!

The link in the QUOTE is not broken, it's takes you to the petition.

VIDEODROME
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
http://t.qkme.me/35czlz.jpg

akforme
01-06-2013, 08:08 PM
I 100% support this. Krugman is always able to get out of the spending trap by saying they didn't do it they way they should, well now man up. Show us krugman, just how fucking great you really aren't.

On a side note, how does government create jobs without corporatism or just employing them?

sailingaway
01-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Vomit.

NIU Students for Liberty
01-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Danny Glover is getting to old for this shit.

cajuncocoa
01-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Vomit.We're all going to vomit if Obama takes the suggestion.

Aurave
01-06-2013, 08:16 PM
What the matter with Krugman?

http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/john.cochrane/research/papers/ecaf_2077.pdf

sailingaway
01-06-2013, 08:18 PM
He's Keynesian and an ego driven idiot, to boot.

tony m
01-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Marxists become Fascists the minute they become rich, yet they tend to keep the Marxist rhetoric.

angelatc
01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
I always had my suspicions about you.

I signed up under the name "Republican Spy," and it's been that way for years. Sometimes they offer to let me phone bank for them, but I don't.

AGRP
01-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Danny must be a great actor. He convinced everyone at rpf hes not acting.

angelatc
01-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I 100% support this. Krugman is always able to get out of the spending trap by saying they didn't do it they way they should, well now man up. Show us krugman, just how fucking great you really aren't.

On a side note, how does government create jobs without corporatism or just employing them?

Krugman is a master at talking out his butt. He said we needed a stimulus, but when it didn't work, he said it was because we needed a bigger stimulus. Obviously.

bolil
01-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Speaking of actors, has anyone else noticed how lifelike Chris Matthews, and the other talking heads seem on movies. Like in "The Campaign". Maybe they act all the time.