PDA

View Full Version : Here we go! One of our own takes on Reince Priebus for GOP Chairmanship

eleganz
01-05-2013, 11:37 PM
So its official, one of our very own RP/Liberty GOP national committeemen from Maine is getting ready to go toe-to-toe with Reince Preibus.

We know the odds are against us but it is nothing new and nothing we can't handle.

Let's make our first crack at the national GOP Chairmanship one that they will remember!

Sign the petition here:
http://stepdownnow.com/sign-the-petition/

If you are connected in anyway to the GOP National committeemen/women or can in anyway get in contact with them, please try your best to get this letter to them.

http://stepdownnow.com/we-asked-mark-willis-national-committeeman-from-maine-replied/

When approached a few days ago by Bryan Daugherty of Bangor, Maine who is closely tied to the Republican grassroots and social media teams, such as the team who built www.stepdownnow.com this past week, I had a hard time believing that not one candidate had yet stepped forward to challenge the current RNC Chairman. However, upon further research, I discovered that it was in fact true – no other candidate had stepped up or emerged at this time.

Let me begin by saying that I am honored to find my name on the short list as a potential candidate next to two great statesmen, Congressman Ron Paul and Senator Jim DeMint. As we all know, these two men have fought the good fight for years on Capitol Hill – lower taxes, less spending, and an overall decentralized Federal Government that would actually abide by the Constitution. Sadly, they seem to be two outgoing voices in the wilderness of an out of control Federal Government with few replacements on the horizon. Men perhaps of a different age – principled leaders are hard to come by these days.

Therefore, after much deliberation and discussion with my wife Violet, I let Bryan know that due to the fact that no one has stepped up to the plate, I would in fact run for Chairman of the RNC, provided I would receive, in writing, the support of at least 2 RNC members in 3 states (minimum of 6 persons) in order to satisfy the RNC nomination requirements. The election takes place on Friday, January 25th, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

If this requirement is satisfied by the time of the election, then ladies and gentlemen, we have an election to win. However, let me be clear that I would not be running for RNC Chair out of malice but at the behest of the grassroots of the Republican Party.

The grassroots are the lifeblood of the Republican Party – always have been and always will be. For the grassroots man the phones at the Victory centers, go door to door with candidates, organize fundraisers as well as attend speeches and events. Without the grassroots support, candidates would be standing at a podium, speaking to an empty auditorium with a few Party members off to the side and the rear.

Without the grassroots the Republican Party is an empty passenger ship at sea without a rudder, captained by a few in the bridge who never took the time to go down below deck in order to realize all the cabins were empty. The Republican Party has turned its back on the grassroots one too many times and we desperately need them to stay involved.

For example, as one of the duly elected Maine delegates that was unseated in Tampa I know the impact such heavy-handed decisions can have not just on the delegation, but the morale of the grassroots back home. In the case of Maine, we came home heroes due to the fact that we never gave in as a delegation and even though half of our duly elected delegation was unseated, we refused to take the deals that were offered. We stood up for what was right and never wavered.

Furthermore, those of us who were at the Tampa Convention were outraged at the “gavel up, gavel down” approach with regards to the rules that were adopted as well. Many states, such as New Hampshire, Nevada, Texas, Minnesota, and North Carolina have passed resolutions condemning these rules for if they are not changed, the grassroots will be completely cut out of the 2016 Presidential election process.

Regarding these new rules, many of you know that Rule 12 gives unprecedented power to the RNC to change party rules without the input and/or approval of state parties and their members while Rule 16 removes the rights of states to choose their own delegates by forcing all state parties to allocate and bind the state’s delegation to the National Convention through Presidential Preference Polls.

Furthermore, Rule 16 also allows the presumptive Presidential candidate to disavow (“veto”) any bound and/or allocated delegate and alternate delegate before the national convention for any reason whatsoever and Rule 40 now requires an eight (8) state majority to nominate an individual for President and/or Vice President where it previously required a five (5) state plurality.

Therefore, based upon these new rules and the behavior of our Chairman in Tampa, I present the following roadmap for your consideration, a more formal plan to be presented in the near future:

1. Repeal the new RNC rules adopted in Tampa, replace them with the former 2008 rules, apologize to the GOP grassroots for being overzealous and promise that such behavior will never happen again.

2. Re-evaluate the RNC’s relationship with the GOP grassroots – the key being adopting ideas from the bottom up instead of a top down, RNC knows best approach.

3. Return as much autonomy to state parties as possible. If we believe in a decentralized Federal Government, then the RNC needs to walk the talk.

4. Attract more Independent and disillusioned Democrats the way Ronald Reagan did: with a firm grasp of the issues and facts while at the same time, explaining and educating those new members about the cause of Liberty and Conservatism.

5. Go on the offensive against the Democrats. For far too long, we as Republicans tend to sit back and play defense. It is time we step up and present this Party as one of clear contrast to the Democrats.

6. Apply pressure to our Federally elected officials that behavior such as Speaker Boehner purging conservatives and libertarians from committee assignments will not be tolerated.

In conclusion, I say, if we are truly the party of liberty, equality and favoritism for none, then let’s start acting like it by embracing the grassroots once and for all! Welcome them, don’t push them away, discourage them and then expect their vote in November. Let us build a stronger political body that can defeat the Democrats, election after election. For if we do not, such behavior only ensures our impending demise.

In Liberty,

Mark D. Willis

National Committeeman Maine Republican Party

Dennysville, Maine

sailingaway
01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to be connected, we were emailing committeemen during RNC there is a list somewhere, we need to find it again.

I mean, obviously connected is better, but polite interest can be shown regardless....

No1butPaul
01-06-2013, 12:45 AM
::D

TER
01-06-2013, 01:46 AM
:):toady::):toady:

tuggy24g
01-06-2013, 02:41 AM
If we do not win this we are doomed!! We need to get that one new rule change out that was implemented or else we are screwed. This is the only hope we have of beating the GOP and helping someone like a Rand Paul to win!

Mr.NoSmile
01-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Much like Boehner, Priebus, while not liked by some in his base, has had more visibility and exposure to the public than Mr. Willis here has. Seeing as Priebus would already have the backing to keep him as Chairman anyway, I don't really see this as toppling him as much as it would make a dent in his armor, the same way the defections from re-voting for Boehner as Speaker did.

The election loss after the false coronation of Romney is big, but is it big enough to cause enough people to reject him? Even when media outlets are already saying that he's maintaining Republican support? I doubt it. Not being pessimistic, just realistic.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/14/priebus-retains-republican-support-despite-losses/

ClydeCoulter
01-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Mr.NoSmile,
You don't hit a target by lowering the muzzle too low, especially if the target is farther away. And yes, raising too high will miss also, so we must keep it steady and on target, always. One must aim to hit anything desirable.

kathy88
01-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Finally something to get pumped about.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-06-2013, 08:53 AM
HUZZAH

Barrex
01-06-2013, 10:06 AM
He needs a plan, agenda, manifesto, project, document, resolution..... something to show people what he is about and not just go there and say "Here I am"... His "roadmap" is not it. It is too small and too vague (it got good ideas but it is not it). Even if he doesnt win it is a great way to present libertarian ideas to new people in power.

P.s.

I wish him luck.

BSU kid
01-06-2013, 10:42 AM
We need to make him appealing to all people who identify with the tea party, not just liberty folk.

FSP-Rebel
01-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Wish I could find that list, I can't even find any contact info for one of my own committeemen tho I had previously. I'm almost certain that my guy (Dave Agema) would back this ME dude.

sailingaway
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Wish I could find that list, I can't even find any contact info for one of my own committeemen tho I had previously. I'm almost certain that my guy (Dave Agema) would back this ME dude.

I'll give it a shot

Cleaner44
01-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Here is the Facebook page promoting his election:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Willis-for-RNC-Chair/408904252521639

sailingaway
01-06-2013, 12:12 PM

here is a bunch of contact info, note it is as of August and some of the states picked different Committeemen/women for after RNC (not most, though.)

ATTENTION credentials contests : email addresses for 145 of the 168 voting members of RNC : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386859-ATTENTION-credentials-contests-email-addresses-for-145-of-the-168-voting-members-of-RNC

there was another thread I am still looking for

--
edit, here it is: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386803-VITAL-HELP-RON-KEEP-CONTROL-OF-OR-DELEGATION-CONTACT-your-national-committeepersons/page3

Matt Collins
01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
From Facebook:

Chris Dixonhttps://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/371645_1558315705_456197896_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/n/?profile.php&id=1558315705)

8:37am Jan 6

HUGE news. Maines Republican National Committeeman Mark Willis, who spoke a lot about the Tenth Amendment and nullification in his floor speech at the State Convention, is running against Priebus for RNC chair. Mark is a solid liberty guy and big on food sovereignty, as a small farmer in Northern Maine.

Here is his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Willis-for-RNC-Chair/408904252521639?ref=stream&__req=b

Lightweis
01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
this has already been posted sir

eleganz
01-06-2013, 02:38 PM
He needs a plan, agenda, manifesto, project, document, resolution..... something to show people what he is about and not just go there and say "Here I am"... His "roadmap" is not it. It is too small and too vague (it got good ideas but it is not it). Even if he doesnt win it is a great way to present libertarian ideas to new people in power.

P.s.

I wish him luck.

Well don't just wish him luck. You can help him get there too. :)

Most of us have nothing better to do these days anyways hahah.

Agorism
01-06-2013, 04:12 PM
164 RNC members exist to selection the chairman.

How many do we have? Spiker and Smack?

Barrex
01-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Well don't just wish him luck. You can help him get there too. :)

Most of us have nothing better to do these days anyways hahah.

I am currently working on NGO network in Europe... megalomaniac evil project that I had in mind for few years now...something like middle finger to EU and all european governments... and there is limit to what I am legally allowed to do. :D

If I can help I will be glad to.

georgiaboy
01-06-2013, 04:28 PM
1. this is awesome.
2. what are his creds beyond what has already been stated? Does he have any national experience?
3. what are our chances?

tuggy24g
01-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Just wondering if there is anything we can do to help him? can we donate to some sort of campaign or promote him. I want to help to have one of ares to win!

Britannia
01-06-2013, 06:55 PM
I wish Mr. Willis the very best of luck and I will be watching what occurs with great interest and willing him to succeed, especially after the quite disgraceful way the delegation from Maine was treated at the RNC. Those people were heroic, there's no other word for it. And Nevada too, of course :D

sailingaway
01-06-2013, 07:50 PM
164 RNC members exist to selection the chairman.

How many do we have? Spiker and Smack?

We have some committeemen and women, we elected Joe Miller's wife, people in Maine, etc etc, our MN person we had lost, don't know if we got her back yet, we expected to the next election cycle. Not sure when MN does that.

And for all we know, a bunch of them don't have strong feelings on this. Politely reaching out to your voting RNC reps isn't that hard. I posted the email list earlier in this thread, although it needs a little updating here and there.

Bastiat's The Law
01-06-2013, 08:15 PM
This might make other people throw their hat into the ring now. Might be a good thing having a bunch of people gunning for Priebus.

BSU kid
01-06-2013, 08:31 PM
This might make other people throw their hat into the ring now. Might be a good thing having a bunch of people gunning for Priebus.

But might too many split the anti-Priebus vote and leave him in charge anyway?

Agorism
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
We have some committeemen and women, we elected Joe Miller's wife, people in Maine, etc etc, our MN person we had lost, don't know if we got her back yet, we expected to the next election cycle. Not sure when MN does that.

And for all we know, a bunch of them don't have strong feelings on this. Politely reaching out to your voting RNC reps isn't that hard. I posted the email list earlier in this thread, although it needs a little updating here and there.

A lot of these confrontations come down to second and third round voting with margins of 0-5 or whatever so if you have 10 member block that becomes huge.

BSU kid
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Would AJ Spiker vote for our guy over Priebus? Does he even know, I wonder?

Anti-Neocon
01-07-2013, 03:57 AM
I think this is a bad idea and only makes those who support the opposition look like they are aliens to their own party. Preibus has way more than the amount needed to win, so he's not going anywhere :( Let's just be careful not to bring down our guys in the process.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Mat Larson has provided many links to sources on this matter on his youtube video page. Follow this embedded player to the video for those links......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DbtXYmjcQ0Q

eleganz
01-07-2013, 05:19 AM
I think this is a bad idea and only makes those who support the opposition look like they are aliens to their own party. Preibus has way more than the amount needed to win, so he's not going anywhere :( Let's just be careful not to bring down our guys in the process.

unelectable, fringe, kook, outside of the mainstream.

That never stopped Ron Paul and it never stopped us.

FSP-Rebel
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
here is a bunch of contact info, note it is as of August and some of the states picked different Committeemen/women for after RNC (not most, though.)

ATTENTION credentials contests : email addresses for 145 of the 168 voting members of RNC : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386859-ATTENTION-credentials-contests-email-addresses-for-145-of-the-168-voting-members-of-RNC

there was another thread I am still looking for

--
edit, here it is: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386803-VITAL-HELP-RON-KEEP-CONTROL-OF-OR-DELEGATION-CONTACT-your-national-committeepersons/page3
Unfortunately, the person who posted a link to the spreadsheet containing nat'l com folks email addies no longer works for some reason.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95122650/rnc-members/rnc-members-2012.xls

sailingaway
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately, the person who posted a link to the spreadsheet containing nat'l com folks email addies no longer works for some reason.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95122650/rnc-members/rnc-members-2012.xlsI'll try pm'ing them.

sailingaway
01-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Here were the rules committee members at least, as of August, so there are some from each state: http://www.rlc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ConventionCommitteeonRulesOrdeofBusinessContactInf o.pdf

Note this from December, however, he had no challengers then that I recall:

And in a warning shot to any potential challengers, Priebus writes that he has the votes of more than 150 RNC members locked down. Only 85 votes are needed to win the chairmanship.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/politics/Reince-Priebus-launches-RNC-re-election-bid/-/9857748/17681484/-/2p6c3iz/-/index.html#ixzz2HJDTUM00

Anti-Neocon
01-07-2013, 01:18 PM
unelectable, fringe, kook, outside of the mainstream.

That never stopped Ron Paul and it never stopped us.
It's important not to fall into the same traps we did before. I'm all for going against the establishment when it accomplishes something, but when over 90% of the people who are voting for the chairman are the establishment, this just isn't a winnable cause, and would just increase resistance against the few people we got elected to the committee positions.

sailingaway
01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
It's important not to fall into the same traps we did before. I'm all for going against the establishment when it accomplishes something, but when over 90% of the people who are voting for the chairman are the establishment, this just isn't a winnable cause, and would just increase resistance against the few people we got elected to the committee positions.

Are 90% really with establishment? I don't know the battle lines here, but if we could make this a battle about Rule 15 with our guy proposing its repeal, .... well the vote on that sounded awfully even. Don't know how that would play in the 'RNC voting membership'

he could propose turning control of state delegation make up and control of rules changes back to the states.

If nothing else it would highlight the issue again and remind people who is on which side.

FSP-Rebel
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Don't know how that would play in the 'RNC voting membership'
My guess is they, as a whole, relish the fact of stripping local delegates of their voting rights as we're the small fish in their pond. While we've made some inroads in getting decent people on the RNC, there's surely an old guard up there that sees the grassroots reasserting itself and likes this rule that nips us in the bud. Especially, if we take Reince's word that he has 150 henchmen that's got his back, I bet they also are supporters of this rule. I would've thought there'd be more attention given to this upcoming meeting by more conservative outlets to pressure for a change but haven't seen much and the media is in silent mode to boot.

sailingaway
01-07-2013, 01:34 PM
My guess is they, as a whole, relish the fact of stripping local delegates of their voting rights as we're the small fish in their pond. While we've made some inroads in getting decent people on the RNC, there's surely an old guard up there that sees the grassroots reasserting itself and likes this rule that nips us in the bud. Especially, if we take Reince's word that he has 150 henchmen that's got his back, I bet they also are supporters of this rule. I would've thought there'd be more attention given to this upcoming meeting by more conservative outlets to pressure for a change but haven't seen much and the media is in silent mode to boot.

But Malkin and redstate and a bunch of others came out against the rule changes big time. IF this could be made about that, we might have more allies.

I don't know the battle lines, as I said.

eleganz
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM

Traps? What you're proposing IS a trap for ourselves. They already know who we are and they already know what we want.

One thing that I learned from my local county GOP meeting where we had great results is that you don't hide and do back room deals, and run the numbers to win. You run a real campaign, with real candidate, with a real team that believes in their real message.

Why do you think Mark Willis running for chair won't accomplish anything? How do you know Preibus has solid 90% support? Because he said so? lol!!!

Most of these people are just playing along to get a long, there is no other contender so of course they tell the 'leader' what he wants to hear.

How do you know there won't be votes against Preibus if there was a secret vote? It happens all the time.

FSP-Rebel
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
How do you know there won't be votes against Preibus if there was a secret vote? It happens all the time.
I hear what you're saying and am maintaining optimism about mounting a solid challenge against Pubus but I wouldn't be surprised if he won't allow a secret vote a la Boehner. However, I am hoping that these at large delegates see what's going on in the base of the party and realize their further support of the status quo could have them in some shit at their next state conventions when activists attempt to pull a coup on them.

sailingaway
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
AJ Spiker apparently just came out in support of Priebus. Don't know if he was aware there was a challenge.

From AJ Spiker, Iowa GOP Chairman

"As voting members of the Republican National Committee,
the state of Iowa offers its support for the re-election of
Reince Priebus.

Over the past year we have spoken with Reince regularly
and have been impressed with his attention to detail, fundraising
prowess and desire to help Iowa retain its "First in the Nation"
status in the Presidential Election process.

Though Reince inherited a situation that saw the RNC in
debt, donations down and confidence struggling, he turned the
Party around by cutting waste, limiting overhead and restarting
many of the fundraising programs that had fallen dormant.
Republicans must always hold themselves to a higher standard and
this requires our generous donors to trust us to use their
contributions wisely.

Reince has always been readily available to listen to our
concerns, answer questions and ensure we feel comfortable with
the direction of our Republican Party. We believe he has done a
superb job turning around a party that was in disarray and we
look forward to working with him in the future. Together we can
grow our party, engage grassroots activists and continue to
promote the conservative principles of our platform.

As voting members of the RNC, the Iowa delegation
supports Reince Priebus for Republican National Committee
Chairman and encourages members across the country to do the
same. We are excited at the possibilities the future holds and
look forward to Republican success in 2013 and beyond."

AJ Spiker - State Chairman
Steve Scheffler - National Committeeman
Tamara Scott - National Committeewoman

http://www.dailypaul.com/comment/reply/268903#comment-form

eleganz
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
^^^ Yea, Preibus also said, for the record, that we didn't submit our paperwork in time to have Ron Paul officially nominated at the RNC.

& he lied.

Heres the thing, if AJ Spiker has already come out in support, it is almost impossible to expect him to publicly retract it. His credibility and his word is important right now, especially if he wants to be re-elected again for 2016.

sailingaway
01-07-2013, 02:52 PM
still, I wonder if when Spiker won, if that wasnt' the first call Priebus, who did know about the challenge, made...

itshappening
01-07-2013, 03:24 PM
We have to play the long game here. Priebus has the votes so it's pointless challenging him.

In the future Spiker might get a chance to be RNC head and then maybe we can undo all the sh&t they've done or maybe we can do it from the inside and influence him some way.

eleganz
01-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Just talked to Ben Swann, he is going to do a piece on Mark Willis.

Pretty cool!

p.s. he is a little more optimistic than some of you are being right now. lol

Bastiat's The Law
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
But might too many split the anti-Priebus vote and leave him in charge anyway?
My reasoning was if other people jumped in to challenge Priebus, especially well-known people, then Priebus would likely step down.

PHONETOOL
01-08-2013, 12:17 AM
I'm sure he is going to encounter some cost Do you think we should start a money bomb or chip in. He has airfare costs and other unforeseen.

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm sure he is going to encounter some cost Do you think we should start a money bomb or chip in. He has airfare costs and other unforeseen.

He said he needed six votes, can we get those? Yes, if he needs costs covered we should think about that as well. When is it?

eleganz
01-08-2013, 01:42 PM
He said he needed six votes, can we get those? Yes, if he needs costs covered we should think about that as well. When is it?
Here is what I know.

he has 4 of the 6 written nominations, he needs 2 more from 1 other state to complete the 6.

Here is a list of States that have come in support of Chairman Priebus:

New Jersey - Including Gov. Christie
Iowa
New Hampshire
West Virginia
Minnesota
Washington
Conneticut
Puerto Rico
Oregon
Indiana
Pennsylvania
Arkansas
New York
Utah
Hawaii
New Mexico
Tennessee
Oklahoma
California
Colorado
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Virginia
Wisconsin

This makes 75 votes.. not the 150 that Reince Priebus claims he has. We still need 2 RNC members from 1 state to secure the nomination for Mark Willis for RNC Chair. Get at it!

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Here is what I know.

he has 4 of the 6 written nominations, he needs 2 more from 1 other state to complete the 6.

got it. I'll post that at DP.

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Here's the DP link if those of you with accounts want to bump it: http://www.dailypaul.com/269097/this-info-says-priebus-only-has-75-votes-not-the-85-he-needs-nor-the-150-he-said-our-guy-has-4-needs-6-to-be-nominated-he

paulbot24
01-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Texas? Do you hear us Texas? This would be HUGE.

eleganz
01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
If you see this message, email your state committeemen.

paulbot24
01-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Here were the rules committee members at least, as of August, so there are some from each state: http://www.rlc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ConventionCommitteeonRulesOrdeofBusinessContactInf o.pdf

Note this from December, however, he had no challengers then that I recall:

Just wanted to bump the list so people know who to contact. Thanks for this information.

eleganz
01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
I put the link provided by sailing in a google doc but I'm a little hesitant to make it fully public.

What do you guys think? Is their contact all public information anyways?

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I put the link provided by sailing in a google doc but I'm a little hesitant to make it fully public.

What do you guys think? Is their contact all public information anyways?

I found it on the internet, myself. But saving the actual info in case the link goes down is probably a good idea.

Texas actually seems like a very good idea, particularly if our guy will give a strong statement against the rules that were passed. Texas hated them. I'm going to cross post these last threads into the Texas subforum so those subscribed there will get emails. We had a ton of Texas delegates.

DonovanJames
01-08-2013, 06:50 PM
I will try and contact Ed Martin

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I will try and contact Ed Martin

Thank you!

What I'm thinking tentatively, if others support it, is we make this about the rules change, and at least try to push changing them back. A TON disliked the rules change and it might get Willis more support. Meanwhile, those more establishment and worried about challenging Priebus might at least pressure him on the rules change. Then if we win, we win, and if we lose, Priebus might be under pressure to get the rules changed.

What do you think?

And what would Willis think since he is the one running?

DonovanJames
01-08-2013, 07:41 PM
I've sent an email out to most of the Missouri grassroots coordinators through out the State - I have a contact for Ed, but I'd like to get the input from those close to him and other activists through out the state about how to go about presenting this. Will keep updated as I continue.

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
good idea to test the waters, and thank you!

DonovanJames
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Got a response, quick question: Ed Martin is Chair, Lance Beshore is NCM, Catherine Hanaway is NCW. Does the nomination letter only qualify from Lance and Catherine?

eleganz
01-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Got a response, quick question: Ed Martin is Chair, Lance Beshore is NCM, Catherine Hanaway is NCW. Does the nomination letter only qualify from Lance and Catherine?

Bylaws

(b) The chairman, co-chairman, and all other
officers shall be elected in January of each oddnumbered year. All officers, except the vice chairmen, of 42
shall be nominated from the floor and shall have at
least the majority vote of the Republican National
Committee members in each of three (3) states in
order to have their names placed in nomination. There
shall be no nominating committee.

eleganz
01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Need your guys' help:

Here is the 2012 Bylaws regarding RNC chairman election. From my understanding it is the majority of RNC members in 3 different states to nominate for chair. It says any RNC members so you need 2 of 3 rnc members in 3 different states to do this so yes if Ed can do it he would need one other Missouri RNC members to go in with him to make it the third state.

What do you guys think? Am I correct here? can the state chair nominate?

UPDATE: Nevermind, Mark Willis just told me YES it is 3 members/state.

(b) The chairman, co-chairman, and all other
officers shall be elected in January of each oddnumbered year. All officers, except the vice chairmen, of 42
shall be nominated from the floor and shall have at
least the majority vote of the Republican National
Committee members in each of three (3) states in
order to have their names placed in nomination. There
shall be no nominating committee.

eleganz
01-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Here is a grassroots video made that caught Reince Preibus saying Ron Paul's nomination papers weren't correctly filed or some b.s.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151334068767390

sailingaway
01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Here is a grassroots video made that caught Reince Preibus saying Ron Paul's nomination papers weren't correctly filed or some b.s.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151334068767390

there is a video someone made of the cspan video with the date stamp showing it was filed an hour 20 minutes before, nevermind that the rule change was RETROACTIVE to that filing, in any event.

DonovanJames
01-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Edit: Got it figured out. The ball is in motion :toady:

/fingers crossed

Will update

DonovanJames
01-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote from Netzorro on DailyPaul for this topic:

I contacted our our Texas state RNC members, Dora Van Dormolen(castle@vvm.com) and Robin Armstrong (robarmstr@hotmail.com) and urged them to support Mark Willis for RNC chairman.
This is the responce from Armstorng. No responce from Van Dormolen yet.

"Glen,
Thanks for your involvement in this process.

Mark should be making these calls and emails himself if he is to have a viable candidacy.

Reince has overwhelming support on the RNC, but I never discourage others from running for any office. It strengthens our system to have a lively debate.

Robin"

Feel free to e-mail them if you like.

Sent him an email - would suggest anyone else to drop a line and let him know what kind of grassroots support this has.

sailingaway
01-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote from Netzorro on DailyPaul for this topic:

Sent him an email - would suggest anyone else to drop a line and let him know what kind of grassroots support this has.

I'm from CA, it might be weird for me to, but I encourage Texans to email them. I agree Willis should make his own calls but there is little time and showing support is good too.

eleganz
01-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Sign the petition here:

And I just read Mark's resume, its pretty damn cool, especially for the neocon crowd:

http://merlc.org/maines-republican-national-committeeman-and-rlc-member-mark-willis-challenges-rnc-chairman-reince-priebus/

Mr. Willis holds a Doctor of Law degree from George Mason School of Law, a Masters Degree in Information Systems and a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations. He is able to converse in Spanish, French and German.

He internalized the concepts of conservatism and liberty and as well as loyalty, leadership, and duty during his years in the military, having served on active duty in the U.S. Army as a counterintelligence agent in both Haiti and Bosnia. He was a senior software engineer at the US Army Security and Intelligence Command (INSCOM), where he was an information technology liaison between INSCOM and the National Security Agency (NSA) and is currently an Applications Security Manager for a Fortune 100 Company.

Also, we're working on votes from CA.

FSP-Rebel
01-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Sign the petition here:
Signed as a precinct delegate, hopefully I won't get purged from on high.

sailingaway
01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Sign the petition here:

And I just read Mark's resume, its pretty damn cool, especially for the neocon crowd:

http://merlc.org/maines-republican-national-committeeman-and-rlc-member-mark-willis-challenges-rnc-chairman-reince-priebus/

pm me if I can help in any way on the votes from CA.

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know what happened in the end with this? People are saying that today was the deadline or something.

itshappening
01-11-2013, 11:23 PM
This is a total waste of time, focus on other things rather than fighting losing battles

Priebus has the votes to be chairman.

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 11:25 PM
This is a total waste of time, focus on other things rather than fighting losing battles

Please stop trying to derail other people's efforts. You wouldn't want people piling on what you are trying to do just because they aren't interested in it. Today may have been the deadline one way or the other. It may not have happened. I'd like to know, and people at DP are asking.

eleganz
01-12-2013, 12:36 AM

lmao, you're wasting time bitching about it. You should be focusing on other things rather than complaining about things people are already doing.

I don't think it needs to be re-stated that we don't run because the numbers are or aren't there, we run because its the right thing to do.

Here is Mark Willis' facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mark.willis.9828?fref=ts

Why don't you message him and tell him how much time he is wasting.

Bastiat's The Law
01-12-2013, 01:32 AM
I support this effort 100%

MrGoose
01-12-2013, 02:46 AM
I live in Washington State. What do I do? Who can I call and how do I find them?

eleganz
01-12-2013, 04:16 AM
I live in Washington State. What do I do? Who can I call and how do I find them?

Find your state GOP national committeeman and committeewoman and chairman, they are all rnc members and all vote for RNC chair.

If you know anybody through the political channel, that would help but I'm sure calling the state headquarter or calling them directly wouldnt hurt if you can make a good enough case!

ClydeCoulter
01-12-2013, 04:59 AM
Find your state GOP national committeeman and committeewoman and chairman, they are all rnc members and all vote for RNC chair.

If you know anybody through the political channel, that would help but I'm sure calling the state headquarter or calling them directly wouldnt hurt if you can make a good enough case!

In Marks reply to being asked to run for RNC Chair:

"...
Therefore, after much deliberation and discussion with my wife Violet, I let Bryan know that due to the fact that no one has stepped up to the plate, I would in fact run for Chairman of the RNC, provided I would receive, in writing, the support of at least 2 RNC members in 3 states (minimum of 6 persons) in order to satisfy the RNC nomination requirements. The election takes place on Friday, January 25th, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

If this requirement is satisfied by the time of the election, then ladies and gentlemen, we have an election to win. However, let me be clear that I would not be running for RNC Chair out of malice but at the behest of the grassroots of the Republican Party.
..."

Was there any other date that was important, such as filing? Sailingaway mentioned something about yesterday being important.

sailingaway
01-12-2013, 10:42 AM
In Marks reply to being asked to run for RNC Chair:

"...

..."

Was there any other date that was important, such as filing? Sailingaway mentioned something about yesterday being important.

thank you!! I could have just re read that..... I'll pass it on....

And I'll try a more substantive email than my first one since I now have more information on him. Again, eleganz, if there is any point you want to show California support for this to any particular people, let me know who to call/contact.

sailingaway
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
bump for contacts to state committeemen and women!

J_White
01-13-2013, 11:57 PM
bump

notsure
01-15-2013, 02:44 AM
Bump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od_hmAeMbJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eoEVOXpGQys

eleganz
01-15-2013, 02:52 AM
bump, please make an effort to contact your state RNC members. State GOP Chairman / GOP National committeeman/woman.

ClydeCoulter
01-15-2013, 07:52 AM
bump, please make an effort to contact your state RNC members. State GOP Chairman / GOP National committeeman/woman.

morning bump, over coffee :D

sailingaway
01-17-2013, 02:39 PM
bump for contacts to state committeemen and women!

DonovanJames
01-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Update:

Missouri is still an option here. Don't want to count all the eggs yet or reveal too much until it's definitive, but should know soon. If anyone has contact with Mark Willis, we're needing to schedule a phone conference. Ed Martin is wanting to talk to him and get a grasp of his vision/personality.

Thanks

MelissaCato
01-18-2013, 11:05 AM
I signed the petition.

chudrockz
01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
I just signed the petition. This afternoon after work I'll find the email for Minnesota RNC members and fire off one of those as well. I was just a precinct and county convention delegate, but maybe it'll help some anyhow. :)

sailingaway
01-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Update:

Missouri is still an option here. Don't want to count all the eggs yet or reveal too much until it's definitive, but should know soon. If anyone has contact with Mark Willis, we're needing to schedule a phone conference. Ed Martin is wanting to talk to him and get a grasp of his vision/personality.

Thanks

try his facebook page or maybe pm Chris Dixon or Sunny? Or tweet Chris Dixon https://twitter.com/cdixon25 would be my best advice

--
I just sent Chris a DM with your post.

FSP-Rebel
01-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Finally found MI's peeps:
Committeewoman Land monitors here own FB page - contact (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Terri-Lynn-Land/39515261501)
dave@daveagema.com - nat'l comman Agema

Bastiat's The Law
01-18-2013, 02:40 PM
We only have a week to bring this to the forefront!

sailingaway
01-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Chris Dixon, who knows Willis suggests we spread the talking points from his article I posted elsewhere: http://undercoverporcupine.bangordailynews.com/2013/01/17/politics/reince-priebus-rnc-strike-challenger-mark-willis-with-ron-paul-write-in-candidacy/

Our guy is FOR grassroots power and ANY candidate, evangelical, or whatever, that depends on grass roots power would do better under Willis, not Mr Rience Rule 12 Priebus

DonovanJames
01-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Couldn't get on RPF to update last night.

Ed Martin (Missouri Chair) will be sitting down with Mark Willis today to discuss being the 3rd and final State needed to give the floor nomination for RNC Chair. Should their meeting go well, Ed will be able to get either Catherine Hannaway or Lance Beshoure (Committee) to go ahead with a nomination as well to give the 2/3 majority.

He said it was OK to make this information public. I should know today/tonight how it pans out and will update again.

We might have a fight for RNC chair on our hands!

sailingaway
01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Couldn't get on RPF to update last night.

Ed Martin (Missouri Chair) will be sitting down with Mark Willis today to discuss being the 3rd and final State needed to give the floor nomination for RNC Chair. Should their meeting go well, Ed will be able to get either Catherine Hannaway or Lance Beshoure (Committee) to go ahead with a nomination as well to give the 2/3 majority.

He said it was OK to make this information public. I should know today/tonight how it pans out and will update again.

We might have a fight for RNC chair on our hands!

Woot!!

I encourage people to watch the video someone made for him, which I have moved up to the top of the front page, again, along with a link to RNC voting members so people can contact their representatives from their states.

parocks
08-24-2013, 05:03 AM
Sign the petition here:

You know what INSCOM is?
Remember when we heard that people with Ron Paul stickers on their cars would be targeted?
Domestic enemies or domestic insurgents or some such?

Well, those kind of things are the kind of things that INSCOM does.
If the Fed Gov wanted to harm or interfere with or sabotage Ron Paul or the "Liberty Movement",
people from INSCOM are possibly the people who would do that.

And we elected, in Augusta in May in Maine, as the National Committeeman, Mark Willis, who worked for INSCOM for 9 years.
He worked as the liason between INSCOM and the NSA. The NSA. Is this person likely to be a Ron Paul supporter? (Yeah, I know, Snowden).
But Willis probably knew something similar to what Snowden knew, and he didn't say anything. No, he became a Ron Paul National Committeeman. Hey, I voted
for him. You get a list. You vote for the people on the list. Where was Brakey?

From Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Willis_(politician)
He worked with the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) from 1999 to 2008. During that time, from 2000 until 2005,
he served as an IT liaison between INSCOM and the National Security Agency (NSA) personnel divisions.[4]

Anyway, it's belief that, since last May, all Willis has been trying to do could be considered "Information warfare", or "Counterintelligence"

From Wiki -

United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Intelligence_and_Security_Comma nd
"INSCOM also has significant responsibilities in counterintelligence, force protection, electronic warfare, and information warfare"

Other interesting things from Wiki -

Counterintelligence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterintelligence
Threats have broadened to include threats from non-national or trans-national groups, including internal insurgents, organized crime,
and transnational based groups (often called "terrorists", but that is limiting).

Counterespionage goes beyond being reactive, and actively tries to subvert hostile intelligence services, by recruiting agents in the foreign service,
by discrediting personnel actually loyal to their own service, and taking away resources that would be useful to the hostile service.

and

Information Warfare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_warfare
Information warfare may involve collection of tactical information, assurance(s) that one's own information is valid,
spreading of propaganda or disinformation to demoralize or manipulate[1] the enemy and the public,
undermining the quality of opposing force information and denial of information-collection opportunities to opposing forces.
Information warfare is closely linked to psychological warfare.

Let's change these definitions around a little bit.

Counterintelligence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterintelligence
Threats have broadened to include threats from non-national or trans-national groups, including internal insurgents
(RON PAUL CAMPAIGN / LIBERTY MOVEMENT), organized crime,
and transnational based groups (often called "terrorists", but that is limiting).

Counterespionage goes beyond being reactive, and actively tries to subvert hostile intelligence services (RON PAUL CAMPAIGN / LIBERTY MOVEMENT),
by recruiting agents (MICHELLE ANDERSON, ETC) in the foreign service (RON PAUL CAMPAIGN / LIBERTY MOVEMENT).
by discrediting personnel(BRAKEY, BOYER, DOLPAC, TWEED) actually loyal to their own service (RON PAUL CAMPAIGN / LIBERTY MOVEMENT),
and taking away resources (STATE COMMITTEE / RNC SEATS) that would be useful to the hostile service (RON PAUL CAMPAIGN / LIBERTY MOVEMENT).

and

Information Warfare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_warfare
Information warfare may involve collection of tactical information, assurance(s) that one's own information is valid,
spreading of propaganda or disinformation to demoralize or manipulate[1] the enemy (RON PAUL CAMPAIGN / LIBERTY MOVEMENT)
and the public, (CHRIS DIXON - UNDERCOVER PORCUPINE - THE ENDLESS BLARING TO QUIT QUIT QUIT)
undermining the quality of opposing force information and denial of information-collection opportunities to opposing forces.
Information warfare is closely linked to psychological warfare.

Ok. Let's compare what has happened, what Willis has been involved in, with what Wiki says INSCOM (which Willis worked for about 10 years, from
1999-2008. If he's working at INSCOM in 2008, it's easy to imagine Willis being sent in as an agent of the government to disrupt the liberty movement,
or the Ron Paul campaign, or whatever the goal was.

Let's start at the convention in August. What the Maine delegation ended up doing was largely his idea. There were heated debates about what to
do, but I don't remember the specifics. My thinking was that their debates didn't need to be so heated, as they were arguing over the appropriate
empty symbolic gesture which removed them from the field of battle. The game had been lost, anyway. I was also hopeful / curious to see if
anybody would take up the suggestions I had made about really making a mess of the RNC. Really doing damage to Romney. They didn't do that.
They did a little march around protest and left. It was fairly clear that the Ron Paul delegates from around the country really weren't
in any mood to, or capable of, taking collective action at the event which would've been effective in achieving whatever goal they might have set.
There were more than enough Ron Paul delegates spread around to make things really interesting and damaging to Romney. Willis was able to
remove all the Maine delegates from the floor (Counterintelligence - taking away resources that would be useful).

Skip to December, and the election of the new GOP Chair. Here is a situation where Brakey and Boyer basically put together a team to pick the
state committeepeople to be on the Ron Paul list in Augusta in May. I would assume that Brakey would simply pick the Chair, and there would
be full unity (all these people owe their spots to Brakey), and Beth would win. But, no, Michelle Anderson wanted Rich and Traci. And encouraged
everyone to do the same. This is not what you should do. Anyway, Rich won.

Then, shortly after that, there was a confusing mess for the Penobscot County Chair. Apparently it was Rich's fault. And, after a few months
Michelle Anderson quit the State Committee and at least 2 other Ron Paul picked State Committeepeople. Chris Dixon at the same time is creating
dissention, pushing and goading people to quit the GOP, quit their seats. Willis wasn't visibly involved in these state and local level doings, but
the locals were supportive of Willis.

Willis, in January, decided to run for RNC Chair. Why? What purpose does this serve? How does this help Liberty?
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/willis-claims-gop-leaders-running-smear-campaign_2013-01-18.html?pagenum=full
"A former counter-intelligence agent in the military"
Maine candidate for RNC chairman claims smear campaign against him
Some Republican National Committee members question whether Mark Willis can even serve on panel, nonetheless be named chairman

Listen, not too long ago he was working with the NSA, for INSCOM, and now, Willis is acting like this? You know, all these stunts
which don't make Ron Paul and Ron Paul supporters look good. He isn't hurting the movement by accident, this seems like on purpose.
(But, again, I don't actually know this.) Ron Paul supporters act like idiots is not the message we want to send.

Story Aug 17, about a week ago, from Politico - look, Ashley Ryan is being nice, and Mark Willis is being difficult. (He's the one
who always seems to protest and piss everybody off when he could be working on the plan, as described by Ron Paul, which is to join
the Republican Party and take it over.) http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/rnc-reince-priebus-ron-paul-95633.html

And what just happened this week. Willis quits as National Committeeman. And 6 state committeepeople also quit. That sounds like
Counterintelligence and "taking away resources (STATE COMMITTEE / NATIONAL COMMITTEE SEATS) that would be useful to the hostile service
(RON PAUL CAMPAIGN / LIBERTY MOVEMENT).

Here's NBC news on that:
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/20/20105182-off-to-the-races-clinton-drama?lite
“A Maine Republican National Committee member and six state committee members have resigned and left the GOP,
a sign of continued tensions within in the party as it attempts to unify ahead of the 2014 elections,” AP writes.
“Libertarian-leaning RNC member Mark Willis of Washington County and the others resigned in a letter Sunday,
citing concerns about the party's direction in Maine and across the country. The letter was signed by six others Republicans…
All 13 said they are withdrawing from the party.” More: “The group pointed to a number of issues including Maine GOP lawmakers'
failure to override Gov. Paul LePage's veto of the state budget, which raised the meals and lodging and sales taxes.
It also criticized Republicans in Congress for backing ‘feel good,’ restrictive and ineffective gun control legislation.”

Again, I don't know what the truth is, I'm just looking at his resume. Ron Paul was huge huge threat to the military.
He was arguing for huge cuts in military spending. I suspect that the military did not like that one bit.
Since they now do "internal insurgents" - maybe they're sitting around talking at INSCOM in 2008, "hey Willis, why don't get over to
Maine and infiltrate the Ron Paul Campaign and wreck stuff." "Ok" Not saying that happened. In 2008, he was living in Virginia working
for INSCOM. INSCOM does stuff like that. Like Cointelpro. And then, all of sudden, after working for, basically, a spy agency of the Federal Government
who are one of the ones that do the infiltrations, he suddenly loves liberty and moves to Maine in 2008. And then, in 2008 (according to someone
on facebook), starts working for Ron
Paul. Wow, quick conversion from "infiltrating spy"-type to honest liberty lover. Less than a year. Maybe there was actually overlap. Was he
working for the spy agency when he was working for Ron Paul? Maine caucus was Feb 2008, and his wiki page says he was working for them in 2008.
So, January 2008 - working for INSCOM? February 2008 helping Ron Paul in Washington County, Maine, where he never lived before?
Does that seem normal to people? I mean, National Committeeman is a pretty important position. I would think it's an important enough position that
Mark Willis would have to be vetted by higher ups in the Ron Paul campaign. But not necessarily.

This might be a scandal.

Willis = INSCOM = Cointelpro??? read my post

Willis = INSCOM = Cointelpro??? read post 85

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxde-PETEWg at 4100

http://scintelligencer.blogspot.com/2013/07/this-is-inscom.html