PDA

View Full Version : Updated Info- Oregon Delegate

BMyers
11-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I recieved the following info from the Oregon GOP on how to become a delegate..

Please do the following:

1) Contact your County GOP Chair and let the Chair know you are interested in running for a district delegate or a district alternate delegate to the National Convention.

2) File for Candidate for Delegate/Alt. Delegate form with ORP (Check with ORP website or your country Chair as when the form is available. It will be after the primary).

3) Show up and run for the position at your Congressional district convention (The date has not yet known. It will be after the primary).

I will update as needed.

-Bill

Ksuperneau
11-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info looking at becoming one myself. Need to learn about this as much as possible.

foofighter20x
11-24-2007, 09:58 AM
I am too... Clackamas County in da houze! :p

Architect4DrPaul
12-06-2007, 11:14 AM
I registered as a republican at the Oregon straw poll in October 6th. Is it too late for me to become a delegate for Benton County?

Myerz
12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks Bill.

Physics
02-08-2008, 02:39 AM
When do we need to have registered Republican by?

banjojambo9
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
How do you actually run ? can anybody describe the process?

affa
02-08-2008, 05:04 PM

bump?

do we have enough delegates?

surf
02-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Whatever it takes, read up on the rules and do what you can to become delegates for the Champion of the Constitution.

We got many in WA yesterday - i think we won. Follow our lead. Step out of your comfort zone if you have to and invite all your friends and neighbors to join you. help them do this. I had a long-time D friend in Seattle that is now responsible for two delegates (out of 2 for his precinct) to the next convention.

But don't wait. Whether your friends are looking to kick Dick Cheyney in the nuts (generally a common emotion among democrats), or just concerned about the economy, the border, gun-rights, etc. market this as their opportunity to make a difference.

You can point North if your prospective participants argue that this can't be done. If nothing else, I'd like to believe that our showing will effect the actions of our republican and democratic elelcted officials.

Follow Brandon Roy's lead, and do all you can to help your team win.

GreenLibertea
02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll see what I can do, but I'm not sure how much of a chance a long-haired 18-year-old like me would be elected.

oregon toad
02-13-2008, 05:53 AM
How do you actually run ? can anybody describe the process?

hi guys, new poster. I tried to included some links from a portland area leader,but they won't work. I am still researching the process to become a delegate. Will post more when i can figure out how,maybe e-mail? P.M. me for contact #

I filed the form to become a pcp and will be on the ballot. I can canvass and get support at the same if i do it carefully . its very easy and just as important as filing for delegate as pcps vote for initial delegates in addition to electing officers and resolutions.

If anyone has any contacts or is in Baker/pendleton/lagrande/burns areas, please contact me. We have time for a WIN!!! plus paper ballots

semper fi

Ball
03-06-2008, 01:40 PM

Somebody please answer this if they know

Maxwell TX
03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
As you can tell I haven't a clue about Oregon rules, wrong state, but... Just to be on the safe side, you might have to bite the bullet and register as Republican. Remember what happened in California when they changed the rules from open to closed. After the primary, or better yet national convention, then you can switch back. The campaign site used to carry the info of open or closed. I haven't been looking at that part for months so don't know if it is still posted.

Oregon
April 29, 2008 is the last day to register before the Oregon presidential primary. (21 days before the primary) http://www.sos.state.or.us/elections/
Oregon campaign contact info left side of page.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/oregon/

MoneyBomb Militia
03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll see what I can do, but I'm not sure how much of a chance a long-haired 18-year-old like me would be elected.

Well, you could always get a haircut and put on a suit for a good cause, couldn't you?

Ball
03-09-2008, 09:58 PM

Maxwell, that's for voting, not delegates.

The requirements to be a delegate could be different.

Ball
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
hi guys, new poster. I tried to included some links from a portland area leader,but they won't work.

Try using tinyurl.com

I'll PM you...