PDA

View Full Version : Who are the names of the people who opposed Spiker and co-chairman and when are they up?

Agorism
01-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Anyone know so we can get rid of them?

They'll certainly be trying to get rid of us so it's best to always be on the offensive.

Matt Collins
01-06-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PndA7Yf_WcE&feature=youtu.be

itshappening
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
I dont think it's practical to aim for complete domination.

They're in the minority and Spiker will work with them. It's what grown ups do.

Agorism
01-06-2013, 12:52 PM

They serve 6 year terms.

Some of them will be up for 2014 most likely.

Have to get rid of as many as possible because the next cycle could go poorly.

supermario21
01-06-2013, 01:03 PM
2014 is a big year in Iowa...need to protect Brandstad and knock off Harkin.

Barrex
01-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Against it.

They have every right to vote and get elected (or try). From what I know they didnt do anything wrong and purging anyone just because they are not libertarians or pure enough is not libertarian way or smart. When and IF they do something wrong then maybe but not purge. Dont take Robespierres route.... you will end like him.

Tod
01-06-2013, 01:55 PM

If it is possible to replace them, why leave them to undermine?

Agorism
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Against it.

They have every right to vote and get elected (or try). From what I know they didnt do anything wrong and purging anyone just because they are not libertarians or pure enough is not libertarian way or smart. When and IF they do something wrong then maybe but not purge. Dont take Robespierres route.... you will end like him.

They tried to oust Spiker.

They will try to oust him again. Then again.

This is just how things work.

We gave a Bachmann supporter a paid position in the leadership. That's fine and good.

But giving central committee spots to non-Paul people is suicidal.

nobody's_hero
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't know if we're a minority. I mean, I think the GOP is suffering from lack of involvement. Maybe instead of a scorched-earch campaign we could strive to further increase the membership in the Iowa GOP?

When I went to my first local GOP meeting here in Georgia, it felt more like an exclusive club. It was no wonder there were only about a dozen people at the meeting, lol. The welcoming felt cold. The people running the show had been there so long it was as if they felt entitled to their positions and viewed any outsider as a potential threat. (I recall the chairman laying his philosophy out on the line, at some point telling us straight-up, "I just want to let you all know that I am NOT a constitutionalist"). The vice-chairman was somewhat more relaxed; he asked me what got me interested in politics, and I told him, "Well sir, truth be told, I hate politics."--which then developed into an intersting conversation about the way this country is heading, on which there was much agreement.

Our folks should strive to get more people to want to actually be a part of the GOP. When older members see what good we can do in that regard, I think it will boost our credibility even more.

Barrex
01-06-2013, 04:24 PM
They tried to oust Spiker.

They will try to oust him again. Then again.

This is just how things work.

We gave a Bachmann supporter a paid position in the leadership. That's fine and good.

But giving central committee spots to non-Paul people is suicidal.

1. Yes. It is called election.
2. Yes. Elections work that way...well not in Bosnia...or tyranny but...
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. No. No one gave any spot to non-Paul people.

q. they run against liberty dudes and they were defeated. That doesnt mean they should be kicked out of party. On the contrary liberty dudes and dudettes (thanks opal (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400342-Discussion-Plan-quot-So-they-say-Ron-Paul-supporter-controlled-GOPs-can-t-make-MONEYBOMB&p=4806707&viewfull=1#post4806707)) MUST (should/ it would be wise and prudent) to find a way to keep them involved or at least offer them that. That way they are "clean" and they can openly say: "They treated us like scum but we took the high way and gave them opportunity to work together and they refused. Not our fault that they were in it just for their personal gain...bla bla bla"... They have expirience and connections and they can help significantly and make new leadership (why isnt it leaderboat?) be more successfull.

Agorism
01-06-2013, 04:52 PM
1. Yes. It is called election.
2. Yes. Elections work that way...well not in Bosnia...or tyranny but...
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. No. No one gave any spot to non-Paul people.

q. they run against liberty dudes and they were defeated. That doesnt mean they should be kicked out of party. On the contrary liberty dudes and dudettes (thanks opal (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400342-Discussion-Plan-quot-So-they-say-Ron-Paul-supporter-controlled-GOPs-can-t-make-MONEYBOMB&p=4806707&viewfull=1#post4806707)) MUST (should/ it would be wise and prudent) to find a way to keep them involved or at least offer them that. That way they are "clean" and they can openly say: "They treated us like scum but we took the high way and gave them opportunity to work together and they refused. Not our fault that they were in it just for their personal gain...bla bla bla"... They have expirience and connections and they can help significantly and make new leadership (why isnt it leaderboat?) be more successfull.

Didn't want to kick them out.

We want Paul ppl on the central committee. As many as possible.

Uriah
01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
I don't know if we're a minority. I mean, I think the GOP is suffering from lack of involvement. Maybe instead of a scorched-earch campaign we could strive to further increase the membership in the Iowa GOP?

When I went to my first local GOP meeting here in Georgia, it felt more like an exclusive club. It was no wonder there were only about a dozen people at the meeting, lol. The welcoming felt cold. The people running the show had been there so long it was as if they felt entitled to their positions and viewed any outsider as a potential threat. (I recall the chairman laying his philosophy out on the line, at some point telling us straight-up, "I just want to let you all know that I am NOT a constitutionalist"). The vice-chairman was somewhat more relaxed; he asked me what got me interested in politics, and I told him, "Well sir, truth be told, I hate politics."--which then developed into an intersting conversation about the way this country is heading, on which there was much agreement.

Our folks should strive to get more people to want to actually be a part of the GOP. When older members see what good we can do in that regard, I think it will boost our credibility even more.

+rep

Uriah
01-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Didn't want to kick them out.

We want Paul ppl on the central committee. As many as possible.

Central Committee positions are up in 2014 during our caucus.

In Iowa, no caucus/faction in the Republican party can go it alone. There is not enough strength in numbers to prevail. Coalitions win the day and they bring more activists and money to candidates.