PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Defends Doctored Photo as Accurate Record

FrancisMarion
01-05-2013, 10:40 AM
She thinks is perfectly acceptable to alter historical photos. :mad:

http://proxy.storify.com/?url=%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2Fshow%2Flarge%2Fbsgjog&resize=1&w=490

WASHINGTON -- House minority leader Nancy Pelosi on Friday defended an altered picture of Democratic congresswomen that was posted on her Flickr photo-sharing site.

The photo showed four House members who were not in the original picture, which was taken Thursday when lawmakers were sworn in as members of the 113th Congress. They arrived at the Capitol steps late, and their images were inserted with a computer program.

"It was an accurate historical record of who the Democratic women of Congress are," Pelosi told a news conference. "It also is an accurate record that it was freezing cold and our members had been waiting a long time for everyone to arrive and ... had to get back into the building to greet
constituents, family members, to get ready to go to the floor. It wasn't like they had the rest of the day to stand there."

Pelosi said the photo reflected the nation's diversity, because it included women from every community and religious faith.

"So we were pretty excited about it," Pelosi said. "We got a lot of response back from the country, and one I loved was when they said, 'Can the women in Congress hear the people cheering across the country?'"

There are 61 Democratic congresswomen, including Pelosi.

Slippery, slippery, slope. We should demand she take this down, retract her statement, and explain that it was very bad judgment and especially why.

Deborah K
01-05-2013, 10:49 AM
What can we expect from a collectivist? Women, women, women - we're the greatest!!! Blah!!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-05-2013, 10:51 AM
She sounded like such a moron. - It's too cold outside = we're too dumb to stand inside until everyone is here?

Notice they also changed the color of the clothes of some of them.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Actually, when you look close, they also moved heads and arms different places unless those are two different photos entirely. Are these people incapable of all looking at a camera at the same time?

Just compare the front row on the left with the front row on the right.

FrancisMarion
01-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Actually, when you look close, they also moved heads and arms different places unless those are two different photos entirely. Are these people incapable of all looking at a camera at the same time?

Just compare the front row on the left with the front row on the right.

I noticed that too. They are two different pictures. The four ladies in the back were the ones added.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/dam/news/images/2013/01/ap-pelosi-photo2.jpg

angelatc
01-05-2013, 11:04 AM
"It was an accurate historical record of who the Democratic women of Congress are," Pelosi told a news conference.

A bunch of phonies? I'll give her that point.

Deborah K
01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
A bunch of phonies? I'll give her that point.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to angelatc again.

luctor-et-emergo
01-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Ok, who can make the funniest spoof of this ? I'll +rep . :)

georgiaboy
01-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Great, this little non-event will become front page headline news and be the major topic of Mark Levin's show while the debt clock keeps ticking.

Some GOP'er will likely introduce, to much fanfare and controversy, landmark legislation making photo-shopping a federal crime.

acptulsa
01-05-2013, 11:33 AM
This particular incident may be harmless enough on the face of it. I'm not arguing that. But it's still the same mindset that Stalin displayed when he ordered Lavrentiy Beria airbrushed out of official Soviet photos and edited out of textbooks. It's the 1984 Memory Hole, and even the fact that this is a pitiful and obvious photoshop job doesn't change that. This is a republic, and the reason for the First Amendment protection of free political speech is that the voters need accurate information to do their jobs. Regardless of the motivations, or the fact that, in this instance, it doesn't really matter, doesn't make it any less chilling that Pelosi has this mindset.

Slippery, slippery, slope.

Reason
01-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Anyone else reminded of the beggining of the show "prison break" with the secret service agents and how the govt. threw them under the bus and erased their existence from all the photos...

Tod
01-05-2013, 12:04 PM
How about the right-most lady in blue (left pic) compared to the right pic?

edit, the more I look at this, the more crazy it is. Look at the people RELATIVE to the buildings in the background. The whole lot is shifted.

BlackTerrel
01-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Real "conspiracies" like Nancy Pelosi posting a photoshopped photo to her flickr account are exposed in under 24 hours. Because shit like this is always easy to identify.

For the record it's pretty obvious why they did this and pretty damn dumb to be obvious. Now they're just making it worse.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-05-2013, 12:41 PM
I noticed that too. They are two different pictures. The four ladies in the back were the ones added.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/dam/news/images/2013/01/ap-pelosi-photo2.jpg

Yes, I know they added four people. I understand that. But we should see the same before and after photos if we're comparing an altered photo. Unless people changed clothes during the shoot, they changed other things as well. And what is the sense in comparing one unaltered photo to an entirely different photo that was photoshopped?

This particular incident may be harmless enough on the face of it. I'm not arguing that. But it's still the same mindset that Stalin displayed when he ordered Lavrentiy Beria airbrushed out of official Soviet photos and edited out of textbooks. It's the 1984 Memory Hole, and even the fact that this is a pitiful and obvious photoshop job doesn't change that. This is a republic, and the reason for the First Amendment protection of free political speech is that the voters need accurate information to do their jobs. Regardless of the motivations, or the fact that, in this instance, it doesn't really matter, doesn't make it any less chilling that Pelosi has this mindset.

Reminds me of Elaine on a particular Seinfeld episode. Fake, fake, fake, fake, FAKE!

angelatc
01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I have a question - where is Tammy Duckworth? Or more specifically, where is her wheelchair?

Cleaner44
01-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Ok, who can make the funniest spoof of this ? I'll +rep . :)

This does look suspicious...

http://cleaner44.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/pelosiwaldo.png?w=640&h=360

acptulsa
01-05-2013, 02:06 PM
This does look suspicious...

What is the feminine version of Waldo, anyway? Waldine? Waldette?

Cleaner44
01-05-2013, 02:32 PM
What is the feminine version of Waldo, anyway? Waldine? Waldette?

Wilma
http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Wilma

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Some GOP'er will likely introduce, to much fanfare and controversy, landmark legislation making photo-shopping a federal crime.

For everyone but them, of course.

jkr
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100326033725/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/6/6f/NancyPelosiHitler.jpg/180px-NancyPelosiHitler.jpg#Hitler%20Pelosi

TRUTH

mad cow
01-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Anybody with photoshop skills,which leaves me out,could have a blast with this.
If I could,I would start by shopping Beria into it.

jkob
01-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Eh, this is a bit petty. There are more important things to be drawing attention too.

Occam's Banana
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Paging Winston Smith. Paging Winston Smith ...

The government or its lackeys doctoring-up documents to fit a desired narrative? No way!

Documents are, like, evidence and stuff! If they do that sort of thing, how will anyone ever be able figure out what really happened? /naïveté