PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levin is ripping them all

itshappening
01-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Just listening to his show from yesterday (http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=32930#) in the first half hour he's ripped Obama, Biden, Christie, Boehner, Cantor, McCarthy, McConnell, Pete King. It's quite amusing.

fisharmor
01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
He's probably confused as to who to scream about now that Dr. Paul is retired.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
He's now ripping Paul Ryan, not happy with his hero! haha! He's waking up big time.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I liked it when he said about McConnell: don't tell your staff to contact me. I DONT WANT TO HEAR FROM THEM.

I wonder if Benton has been trying to get the talk show hosts on side?

otherone
01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
yeah. Levin et al will be all about Liberty until the next election, when they'll be fellating the next big-government "electable" gop shill

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 03:43 PM
He's now ripping Paul Ryan, not happy with his hero! haha! He's waking up big time.Please don't be fooled into thinking he's waking up. All of the talk show idiots pretend to be more libertarian right after an election. He will go right back to his neocon ways later this year in preparation for the 2014 elections.

kathy88
01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Please don't be fooled into thinking he's waking up. All of the talk show idiots pretend to be more libertarian right after an election. He will go right back to his neocon ways later this year in preparation for the 2014 elections.

QFT. It's cyclical.

Romulus
01-04-2013, 03:48 PM
levin lenin.. whats the difference.. he's another turncoat.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I would call Levin a horse's ass, but something useful comes out of a horse's ass. Nothing useful comes out of a Mark Levin. He's just an ass.

AGRP
01-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Is it challenging to play your role as a naive troll?

itshappening
01-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Please don't be fooled into thinking he's waking up. All of the talk show idiots pretend to be more libertarian right after an election. He will go right back to his neocon ways later this year in preparation for the 2014 elections.

I think Levin sounds a lot more sincere now than the others ever have.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I would call Levin a horse's ass, but something useful comes out of a horse's ass. Nothing useful comes out of a Mark Levin. He's just an ass.

His disdain for the political class if very healthy. His listeners are waking up to liars even within their own party. That's progress on when they were all asleep under Bush.

Romulus
01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I think Levin sounds a lot more sincere now than the others ever have.

Srsly guise.

kathy88
01-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I can't listen to his whiny bitch voice for more than a few minutes. I have actually yelled at the Sirius in my Jeep. My kids recognize his voice and ask me, "is that the mean guy, mom?"

Yes, Grasshoppers...

itshappening
01-04-2013, 04:00 PM
I watch Hannity occasionally and laugh at how good he is at ripping into the enemy (Democrats) and their radical agenda's.

He is very potent in his attack lines and general coverage of news stories and now they're starting to look at the GOP, particularly recently with Boehner and question them. They NEVER used to do this.

compromise
01-04-2013, 04:09 PM
I watch Hannity occasionally and laugh at how good he is at ripping into the enemy (Democrats) and their radical agenda's.

He is very potent in his attack lines and general coverage of news stories and now they're starting to look at the GOP, particularly recently with Boehner and question them. They NEVER used to do this.

Glenn always did, even back in the Bush era, but you always knew he'd come around and supposedly "reluctantly" support the GOP nominee every time an election came.

heavenlyboy34
01-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Why are people here listening to levin? He doesn't even influence public discourse in any significant way, AFAIK....even the republican AM radio fanboys don't listen to him en masse(do they? He's not even carried on any of my local stations and AZ is a quite "red" state)

georgiaboy
01-04-2013, 04:15 PM
I believe it's referred to as bait and switch. The baiting part is now. The switch will come as primary season rolls around.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Someone called in and mentioned the Fed and Levin is bashing them too now.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I think Levin sounds a lot more sincere now than the others ever have.That's what he wants you to think.

Henry Rogue
01-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Someone called in and mentioned the Fed and Levin is bashing them too now.
That's great, let us know who he sides with during the next election. Then you will know.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
it doesn't matter about the election. I expect him to go with the fraud Rubio. I expect they will all be talking him up under orders from Conda.

But that doesn't matter. He is bashing the sacred Fed and the GOP congressional leadership. I've never heard the talk show hosts do this before, not with Hastert or the rest of them. It will wake up a lot of conservatives and contrary to what people think these listeners are quite smart if you listen to what they say likethe guy who called Levin and raised the Fed and the inflation tax.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Also the talkers dont have much influence in the election, even the primaries. I dont think they were thrilled with Romney or their choices last year. They will at least acknowledge Rand and cover him properly and that's all that matters. They won't ignore him completely like they did with Ron. They can't/

amonasro
01-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Also the talkers dont have much influence in the election

AHAHAHAHA

hahahahahha

hahaha

Hannity, Levin... they are the shepherds that herd the sheep.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Also the talkers dont have much influence in the election, even the primaries. I dont think they were thrilled with Romney or their choices last year. They will at least acknowledge Rand and cover him properly and that's all that matters. They won't ignore him completely like they did with Ron. They can't/They may not be able to ignore Rand, but they certainly can smear him. And if I am Rand, I would wear that as a badge of honor rather than to play along with those creeps.

As for the talkers and their influence, I have to agree with amonasro...they tell the sheep what to think, and the sheep comply. Every now and then, a couple of the sheep break away from the herd...that's because of our influence. We have to keep preaching.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Most of them have had Rand on their show every month or two for 2 years. Why are they going to smear him? they're not.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
AHAHAHAHA

hahahahahha

hahaha

Hannity, Levin... they are the shepherds that herd the sheep.

If that's true then Obama wouldn't be president. They have no bearing on elections.

Feeding the Abscess
01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
If that's true then Obama wouldn't be president. They have no bearing on elections.

Er... their audience isn't democrats. It's republicans. Why would that influence Obama in the democratic party?

satchelmcqueen
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
dont fall for it. levin is just like hannity. a liar!

acptulsa
01-04-2013, 06:00 PM
dont fall for it. levin is just like hannity. a liar!

Stroke, stroke, stab. 'Tis stroking season. The stab in the back will come in a year and a half.

Maybe someone should call in and say, look, you're bashing and trashing the Fed today, but come election time you'll be bashing and trashing anyone who's against it, and you know it. Shall we start calling you 'quixotic' now and avoid the rush?

itshappening
01-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Er... their audience isn't democrats. It's republicans. Why would that influence Obama in the democratic party?

I was talking about the General Election. They've trashed Obama every day for 5 years but it didnt stop him winning 2 elections comfortably.

And you think they wanted conservative icon Mitt Romney for GOP? I dont think any of them did..

itshappening
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Stroke, stroke, stab. 'Tis stroking season. The stab in the back will come in a year and a half.

Maybe someone should call in and say, look, you're bashing and trashing the Fed today, but come election time you'll be bashing and trashing anyone who's against it, and you know it. Shall we start calling you 'quixotic' now and avoid the rush?

And like I say it doesn't matter what they say at elections because they don't influence elections otherwise Obama wouldn't be president and Herman Cain would be the GOP nominee.

Our frustrations with the talkers was that they IGNORED Ron blatantly, not even trashing him just ignoring him. They won't ignore Rand and they won't trash someone who goes on their show every month or so. "Quixotic" came from journalists who work for the AP etc

acptulsa
01-04-2013, 06:13 PM
I was talking about the General Election. They've trashed Obama for 5 years but it didnt stop him winning 2 elections.

Stop it? They made it possible. They talked Republicans out of nominating the one candidate who could have trounced him.

And you think they wanted conservative icon Mitt Romney for GOP? I dont think any of them did..

Of course they didn't. Their masters did, however, and they found the way to put it over. And that wasn't easy. First they had to admit that there wasn't much there to like, and that Republicans had good reason not to like him. Then they had to alternately play up the worse choices so people wouldn't vote for Ron Paul, then put them down as the unelectable clowns they were so Republicans would give up and settle for Romney.

They had no effect? Where were you during the primaries? Did you not see the popularity poll charts that showed how clearly Fox manipulation buoyed up a candidate, then sent him to the basement?

Pay attention, man.

Most of them have had Rand on their show every month or two for 2 years. Why are they going to smear him? they're not.

That must be why Ron Paul was on Fox Business every week or so during the non-election season, to keep them from trashing him. Too bad it didn't work for him. But it'll work for Rand? How?

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 06:13 PM

That depends on what decision Rand makes. Unless he's willing to throw his Dad's policies under the bus (and the day will come when they will ask this question explicitly), they will turn on him.

I was talking about the General Election. They've trashed Obama every day for 5 years but it didnt stop him winning 2 elections comfortably.

And he didn't win, did he?

itshappening
01-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Stop it? They made it possible. They talked Republicans out of nominating the one candidate who could have trounced him.

Of course they didn't. Their masters did, however, and they found the way to put it over. And that wasn't easy. First they had to admit that there wasn't much there to like, and that Republicans had good reason not to like him. Then they had to alternately play up the worse choices so people wouldn't vote for Ron Paul, then put them down as the unelectable clowns they were so Republicans would give up and settle for Romney.

They had no effect? Where were you during the primaries? Did you not see the popularity poll charts that showed how clearly Fox manipulation buoyed up a candidate, then sent him to the basement?

Pay attention, man.

You over-estimate their effect. If you look at the polls even before the campaign started in 07 Ron's favorables were terrible and so was his name recognition. They never improved much (despite 10's of millions in advertising) and it wouldnt have mattered if those idiots were nice to him and had him on their show daily and talked him up endlessly the result would have been the same.

Ron was just not acceptable to the GOP electorate. Rand has much better numbers.

Fox News is not talk radio.

acptulsa
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Fox News is not talk radio.

They sure spend a lot of time on the exact same page. And, yes, a great many Clear Channel broadcasts come straight from Rupert's cunning Fox.

cajuncocoa
You over-estimate their effect. If you look at the polls even before the campaign started in 07 Ron's favorables were terrible and so was his name recognition. They never improved much (despite 10's of millions in advertising) and it wouldnt have mattered if those idiots were nice to him and had him on their show daily and talked him up endlessly the result would have been the same.

Ron was just not acceptable to the GOP electorate. Rand has much better numbers.

Fox News is not talk radio.Fox News might as well be talk radio; they spew the same thing.

itshappening
That depends on what decision Rand makes. Unless he's willing to throw his Dad's policies under the bus (and the day will come when they will ask this question explicitly), they will turn on him.

And he didn't win, did he?

Rand can articulate better than Ron and is less antagonistic and bombastic, which makes him a better candidate. Ron's favorables from day 1 never improved despite all the millions in ads and top notch organizing efforts. He was just not acceptable to vast swathes of the GOP.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Fox News might as well be talk radio; they spew the same thing.

And if you notice Rand is on Fox news just as much as any potential 16 candidates, probably more so. He was on Hannity the other night and on Greta last week. He's on there every month and they like him. It's unlikely they will do a complete 180 and start trashing him, ignoring him or whatever you fear they will do come the election.

acptulsa
01-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Rand can articulate better than Ron and is less antagonistic and bombastic, which makes him a better candidate. Ron's favorables from day 1 never improved despite all the millions in ads and top notch organizing efforts. He was just not acceptable to vast swathes of the GOP.

And the fact that flowers never grew on the dirt road had nothing to do with the convoy that was driven down that road.

Yes, Rand is playing a game wherein it's harder for the echo chamber to play him as crazy because he spends a lot of time making their noises. But when primary time comes around, they will find a way. If you don't count on it, I assure you, you will be unprepared for it.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Rand can articulate better than Ron and is less antagonistic and bombastic, which makes him a better candidate. Ron's favorables from day 1 never improved despite all the millions in ads and top notch organizing efforts. He was just not acceptable to vast swathes of the GOP.Antagonistic and bombastic? No, Ron Paul was neither of those. Try HONEST. And the TRUTH can be a bitter pill to swallow, especially if media types on television (FOX) and radio (Limbaugh & Co) are telling everyone that Ron Paul is LYING (when he's not). They told their audience what they wanted to hear because the TRUTH is/was uncomfortable.

Now, if you're telling me that Rand is not willing to be so truthful, that Rand would prefer to play politics with these media types...yeah, I think that's correct. And that's one of the things about Rand that really turns me off.

Added on edit: acptulsa is right; for all of the games Rand is playing with these people, they will still turn on him when the 2016 primaries come around. Rand is sounding just enough like them to piss off the Ron Paul grassroots, but there's still enough of Ron in him to annoy the neocons.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 06:28 PM
And the fact that flowers never grew on the dirt road had nothing to do with the convoy that was driven down that road.

Yes, Rand is playing a game wherein it's harder for the echo chamber to play him as crazy because he spends a lot of time making their noises. But when primary time comes around, they will find a way. If you don't count on it, I assure you, you will be unprepared for it.

What are they going to do? what is it you fear? That they will open their shows with long monologues telling people how bad Rand will be for the GOP when they've had him on their shows constantly for 5 years?

AuH20
01-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Levin has never been an establishment guy. He was a lawyer in the Reagan Administration. He just was really irritated by Ron Paul.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Antagonistic and bombastic? No, Ron Paul was neither of those. Try HONEST. And the TRUTH can be a bitter pill to swallow, especially if media types on television (FOX) and radio (Limbaugh & Co) are telling everyone that Ron Paul is LYING (when he's not). They told their audience what they wanted to hear because the TRUTH is/was uncomfortable.

Now, if you're telling me that Rand is not willing to be so truthful, that Rand would prefer to play politics with these media types...yeah, I think that's correct. And that's one of the things about Rand that really turns me off.

The way Ron told the TRUTH was atagonistic in the eyes of many in the GOP. That's why he had terrible numbers from day 1 and never improved them despite 10's of millions in ads.. he still managed an impressive feat of pulling in quarter of the electorate in Iowa, NH and SC so that just goes to show you what would be possible with Rand.

And yes, playing politics is exactly what Rand does. He sugar coats that bitter pill from Ron and it works. He would not get on their show if he called them stupid idiots like you seem to want someone to do. Maybe that would seem funny and amusing and make for an interesting moment on TV or radio but it's not the way to win a nomination. You have to be nice, smile, be folksy and attack the Democrat enemy.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 06:32 PM
And if you notice Rand is on Fox news just as much as any potential 16 candidates, probably more so. He was on Hannity the other night and on Greta last week. He's on there every month and they like him. It's unlikely they will do a complete 180 and start trashing him, ignoring him or whatever you fear they will do come the election.If they like him, he's doing something wrong. Just my opinion.

AuH20
01-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Antagonistic and bombastic? No, Ron Paul was neither of those. Try HONEST. And the TRUTH can be a bitter pill to swallow, especially if media types on television (FOX) and radio (Limbaugh & Co) are telling everyone that Ron Paul is LYING (when he's not). They told their audience what they wanted to hear because the TRUTH is/was uncomfortable.

Added on edit: acptulsa is right; for all of the games Rand is playing with these people, they will still turn on him when the 2016 primaries come around. Rand is sounding just enough like them to piss off the Ron Paul grassroots, but there's still enough of Ron in him to annoy the neocons.

Ron was antagonistic and bombastic on occasions, but that's not really important. Ron has retired.

Bastiat's The Law
01-04-2013, 06:34 PM
The way Ron told the TRUTH was atagonistic in the eyes of many in the GOP. That's why he had terrible numbers from day 1 and never improved them despite 10's of millions in ads.. he still managed an impressive feat of pulling in quarter of the electorate in Iowa, NH and SC so that just goes to show you what would be possible with Rand.

And yes, playing politics is exactly what Rand does. He sugar coats that bitter pill from Ron and it works.
I bet Rand could double Ron's numbers in those early states.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Ron was antagonistic and bombastic on occasions, but that's not really important. Ron has retired.I'm not going to argue semantics with you, but if you define what Ron was doing as "antagonistic" and "bombastic", then I would say that's just what was needed. I'm not interested in someone who is willing to play nice with neocon jerks.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 06:36 PM
You over-estimate their effect.
Let me get back to this statement....if you think Levin's (and Beck's, Limbaugh's, Hannity's, et al) effect is over-estimated, what difference does it make if one of them is waking up? (He's not, but let's just say he is for the sake of this question).

AuH20
01-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm not going to argue semantics with you, but if you define what Ron was doing as "antagonistic" and "bombastic", then I would say that's just what was needed. I'm not interested in someone who is willing to play nice with neocon jerks.

I think you are misguided, and label whoever disagrees with you as neocons. That's no way to go through life. Bill Kristol is a neocon. John McCain is a neocon. And then are a few sprinkled throughout the Senate. But there aren't many ideologically pure Neocons in the Republican party. Neocons direct policy from their thinktanks, but there aren't many actual neocons in power.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Let me get back to this statement....if you think Levin's (and Beck's, Limbaugh's, Hannity's, et al) effect is over-estimated, what difference does it make if one of them is waking up? (He's not, but let's just say he is for the sake of this question).

it's not the host we need to wake up... I could care less for them and I dont expect them to full throttle endorse Rand Paul for president. it's their LISTENERS we need to wake up and I think you'll find having a running conversation with these hosts over a period of years by going on their show softens up the listeners and improves name recognition for a future campaign.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm not going to argue semantics with you, but if you define what Ron was doing as "antagonistic" and "bombastic", then I would say that's just what was needed. I'm not interested in someone who is willing to play nice with neocon jerks.

Ron's style doesn't win you the nomination though, it maybe gets you a quarter of the electorate like it did for Ron for his peak in 2012 but that's it. our aim with Rand is to get 35-40%+ and winning the thing very quickly in the first three states. Then it's over and he's the nominee before anyone knows what happened.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 06:48 PM
I think you are misguided, and label whoever disagrees with you as neocons. That's no way to go through life. Bill Kristol is a neocon. John McCain is a neocon. And then are a few sprinkled throughout the Senate. But there aren't many ideologically pure Neocons in the Republican party. Neocons direct policy from their thinktanks, but there aren't many actual neocons in power.No, I don't label anyone who disagrees with me as a neocon. I know what a neocon is, and between the two of us I think it is YOU who is misguided if you don't recognize the neoconservative influence that talk radio has pushed over the past 10-15 years.

SilentBull
01-04-2013, 06:50 PM
yeah. Levin et al will be all about Liberty until the next election, when they'll be fellating the next big-government "electable" gop shill

This. It's exactly what they do every time. It's all for show. They do this only when it doesn't matter. But when they have the power to convince before a primary, they support the same guys they criticized.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 06:53 PM
it's not the host we need to wake up... I could care less for them and I dont expect them to full throttle endorse Rand Paul for president. it's their LISTENERS we need to wake up and I think you'll find having a running conversation with these hosts over a period of years by going on their show softens up the listeners and improves name recognition for a future campaign.OK, on this we agree...but they can't wake up their listeners if they're still espousing the same beliefs they've had over the course of 10-15 years. My original point to you indicated this...Levin my sound as though he gets it right now, but this is something I've heard these guys do for a long time. They want people to believe they're not a shill for the GOP, so during "safe" years in between elections, they pretend to disagree with something a GOP elected official does. When we get closer to the mid-term elections, they'll be waving the pom-poms for the GOP again.

As for what they'll do with Rand, I'll repeat what I said earlier....that depends on how he answers certain questions that they haven't asked him yet. They will want specifics on how he disagrees with his father on foreign policy. If he doesn't give the answer they're looking for, they will turn on him.

That is all.

kathy88
01-04-2013, 06:58 PM
it's not the host we need to wake up... I could care less for them and I dont expect them to full throttle endorse Rand Paul for president. it's their LISTENERS we need to wake up and I think you'll find having a running conversation with these hosts over a period of years by going on their show softens up the listeners and improves name recognition for a future campaign.

That is not how it works. Rand could be a weekly regular on Levin's show and they can agree on every issue. Come campaign time Levin will bring up Ron's newsletters, Aqua Buddha, and whatever new shit he can to turn the tide of public opinion against him. Follow the money. History. Everyone loves Ron media wise. Until he campaigns. Then it's war. Rand isn't on their payroll, just like Ron wasn't.

AuH20
01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
That is not how it works. Rand could be a weekly regular on Levin's show and they can agree on every issue. Come campaign time Levin will bring up Ron's newsletters, Aqua Buddha, and whatever new shit he can to turn the tide of public opinion against him. Follow the money. History. Everyone loves Ron media wise. Until he campaigns. Then it's war. Rand isn't on their payroll, just like Ron wasn't.

You're mixing up Hannity with Levin. Levin is a small radio fish, thus he far more independence that these other frauds. He is a national security oriented, old time Republican. Not a neocon. There is a difference. Hannity and Rush are the high paid gatekeepers. That's where the daggers will come from.

BamaAla
01-04-2013, 07:17 PM
And like I say it doesn't matter what they say at elections because they don't influence elections otherwise Obama wouldn't be president and Herman Cain would be the GOP nominee.

Our frustrations with the talkers was that they IGNORED Ron blatantly, not even trashing him just ignoring him. They won't ignore Rand and they won't trash someone who goes on their show every month or so. "Quixotic" came from journalists who work for the AP etc

You are either a troll or you haven't been paying attention. Your little radio crush spent a couple of months relentlessly bashing Dr. Paul almost daily.

kathy88
01-04-2013, 07:19 PM
You're mixing up Hannity with Levin. Levin is a small radio fish, thus he far more independence that these other frauds. He is a national security oriented, old time Republican. Not a neocon. There is a difference. Hannity and Rush are the high paid gatekeepers. That's where the daggers will come from.
I think I'll subscribe to this thread just so we can revisit it in 3 years.

AuH20
01-04-2013, 07:20 PM

Agreed. But he's not going to attack Paul. Mark it down. Rand doesn't say dumb things to draw the ire of Levin.

AGRP
01-04-2013, 07:22 PM

You dont need to subscribe to a thread to see if AuH20 was blowing smoke up your ass.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 07:24 PM

That's very unlikely.

They never liked Ron media wise, they completely ignored him until they couldn't any more.

They won't ignore Rand. They won't smear Rand. There's nothing bad that they will do. You're being completely irrational.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 07:27 PM
You are either a troll or you haven't been paying attention. Your little radio crush spent a couple of months relentlessly bashing Dr. Paul almost daily.

And what good did it do ? Ron got a quarter of the vote in the early states.

He was never going to win even if they all enthusiastically endorsed him.

AuH20
01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
That's very unlikely.

They never liked Ron media wise, they completely ignored him until they couldn't any more.

They won't ignore Rand. They won't smear Rand. There's nothing bad that they will do. You're being completely irrational.

Ron went out of his way to throw bricks and some of these bricks were unsubstantiated. The difference with Rand is that Rand allows others to disagree with him, without fomenting the urge to choke Rand to death. He's a statesman. Ron was isolated and alienated for so long, that he really stopped caring about building bridges, and I can certainly understand why he took such a stance, but it's the path to obscurity.

BamaAla
01-04-2013, 07:29 PM

What makes you say that Levin isn't a Neoconservative? I strongly disagree.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Rush is completely irrelevant. Honestly, they have very little "power" when it comes to elections... otherwise Obama, the man they trash daily for 5 years would not be president.

kathy88
01-04-2013, 07:32 PM
http://troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/we-shouldnt-tell-irrational-people-that-their-beliefs-are-irrational-my-you-must-be-so-enlightened-thumb.jpg

AuH20
01-04-2013, 07:33 PM
What makes you say that Levin isn't a Neoconservative? I strongly disagree.

He's not an advocate for nation building or central planning. Most neocon intellectuals don't really object what Wilson and FDR did this country at the earlier half of the century, which Levin loathes with a passion. However, he is a major national security hawk. There are alot of hawks in the Republican Party who are manipulated by Neocon special interests, due to their American exceptionalism blind spot.

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2013, 07:39 PM
just a carnival act to gain attention because hes losing attention

FrankRep
01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
He's now ripping Paul Ryan, not happy with his hero! haha! He's waking up big time.
I highly doubt he's "waking up."

kathy88
01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
I think I must have entered a parallel universe... people on RPFs are DEFENDING LEVIN. Defending. Levin. For realz.

BamaAla
01-04-2013, 07:43 PM
He's not an advocate for nation building or central planning. Most neocons don't really object what Wilson and FDR did this country at the earlier half of the century, which Levin loathes with a passion. However, he is a major national security hawk. There are alot of hawks in the Republican Party who are manipulated by Neocon special interests, due to their American exceptionalism blind spot.

Have you read his books (namely Lyberty and Tyranny?) He is a big fan of the early movers and shakers especially Leo Strauss. I have never listened to his show other than his non-stop onslaught against Dr. Paul last year, but his book and what clips I have listened to are firmly in the neo-con camp. Furthermore, only a handful of neoconservatives concern themselves with economics or do so only to curry favor from the right, so I don't really think that is of import.

dinosaur
01-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Rush is completely irrelevant. Honestly, they have very little "power" when it comes to elections... otherwise Obama, the man they trash daily for 5 years would not be president.

They have a ton of power when it comes to primaries. They define who is electable. They earn people's trust with the conservative posturing, and then steer people away from true conservatives during the primaries. It is so predictable that its hard not to believe that it isn't deliberate.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 07:50 PM
If they had power in primaries then Herman Cain would have been the nominee. They loved him.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Some people really over-estimate the power of these talking heads.

If they were super nice to Ron, do you think he would have won the nomination or done better than 25% of the vote? Really?

dinosaur
01-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Did they honestly push Cain? I don't listen enough to know for sure whether or not that is true. Did they present him as the most electable and logical choice, or did they just mention that they liked him?

NIU Students for Liberty
01-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Levin has never been an establishment guy. He was a lawyer in the Reagan Administration. He just was really irritated by Ron Paul.

Right, because Reagan and "establishment" are somehow contradictory...

itshappening
01-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Did they honestly push Cain? I don't listen enough to know for sure whether or not that is true. Did they present him as the most electable and logical choice, or did they just mention that they liked him?

They talked him up and gave him a platform. They never really endorsed anyone as far as I know.

They don't have much power.. maybe in a Senate primary with a very small electorate they can help build momentum for someone or other but not in a presidential primary. Highly tuned in voters in Iowa and New Hampshire will be deciding it and they dont care what Limbaugh says,

Occam's Banana
01-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Rand doesn't say dumb things to draw the ire of Levin.

Rand doesn't need to - Levin says enough dumb things all on his own. (Remember Levin's interview on Cavuto? Remember the Woods vs. Levin brouhaha?) Levin is a childish name-caller and an intellectually bankrupt bully. I derive no pleasure whatsoever from any excoriation Levin might have directed at the likes of Obama, Biden, Christie, Boehner, Cantor, McCarthy, McConnell, Pete King or anyone else - because Levin is a sniping, sniveling coward who hides behind a microphone. Levin's ire isn't worth the spittle-spewing behind it.

I think I must have entered a parallel universe... people on RPFs are DEFENDING LEVIN. Defending. Levin. For realz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

BucksforPaul
01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Let me know when he rips himself for backing half of these jokers just a few months ago.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Agreed. But he's not going to attack Paul. Mark it down. Rand doesn't say dumb things to draw the ire of Levin.Who said "dumb things" to draw Levin's ire? Hmmmm?

Cleaner44
01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
This is the time when we should be gathering recordings for future YouTubes. The is where we start using their won words against them. In 18 months when Levin is arguing against his current ramblings we can use his own words to discredit him. These are the times when regular folks will be agreeing with him as he calls out the bullshit. Later we will still be principled and others will see the difference. Think ahead and how we can juxtaposition liberty Levin vs neocon Levin. The same goes for Hannity and Rush and the rest of the phoney shills.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 08:34 PM
That's very unlikely.

They won't ignore Rand. They won't smear Rand. There's nothing bad that they will do. You're being completely irrational.Unless Rand is playing all of us for fools (that's possible), you're going to fall very hard.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
If they had power in primaries then Herman Cain would have been the nominee. They loved him.Thing is, Herman Cain had to drop out before one primary vote was cast.

Czolgosz
01-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Don't take Levin seriously.

He's there to act as the "Conservative" "rabid watchdog." It's a role. Nothing more.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 08:46 PM
This is the time when we should be gathering recordings for future YouTubes. The is where we start using their won words against them. In 18 months when Levin is arguing against his current ramblings we can use his own words to discredit him. These are the times when regular folks will be agreeing with him as he calls out the bullshit. Later we will still be principled and others will see the difference. Think ahead and how we can juxtaposition liberty Levin vs neocon Levin. The same goes for Hannity and Rush and the rest of the phoney shills.

if you think this would have any effect on the election then ... well :)

CaptLouAlbano
01-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Unless Rand is playing all of us for fools (that's possible), you're going to fall very hard.

The only people who suspect that Rand is "playing all of us for fools" are the folks that expected, or hoped, Rand would be a clone of his father - voting alone on bill after bill "just to make a stand", writing dozens and dozens of bills every year that never make it to committee, eating lunch alone in his office, being ignored by the media, but adored (and almost worshiped) by a very small group of people.

Ron was a great statesman for the principles he held to, but by never playing the political game (while being involved in politics) he was ignored for most of his career. Rand is playing the necessary political game, while remaining true to the principles he believes in, and is doing very well at it.

Cleaner44
01-04-2013, 08:55 PM
if you think this would have any effect on the election then ... well :)

Of course it will have an effect. Every little bit helps. Every single person we persuade to embrace liberty helps. Is there any doubt that the faith in Republicrats is at an all time low?

Obama got 3.6 million less votes in 2012 than he did in 2008 and that is at a time when our population increased... and he still beat the GOP nominee.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Over 175 million possible voters did not vote for Obama. The people know that they system is a fraud, they just don't see a viable alternative yet.

I will keep working on freeing minds. Will you too?

chudrockz
01-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Who said "dumb things" to draw Levin's ire? Hmmmm?

You win the prize! RON PAUL says DUMB things, that's who!! Because he's "antagonistic" and "bombastic"!

Christ on a popsicle stick, what happened to these forums?

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
The only people who suspect that Rand is "playing all of us for fools" are the folks that expected, or hoped, Rand would be a clone of his father - voting alone on bill after bill "just to make a stand", writing dozens and dozens of bills every year that never make it to committee, eating lunch alone in his office, being ignored by the media, but adored (and almost worshiped) by a very small group of people.

Ron was a great statesman for the principles he held to, but by never playing the political game (while being involved in politics) he was ignored for most of his career. Rand is playing the necessary political game, while remaining true to the principles he believes in, and is doing very well at it.We'll see, Capt. Maybe you're right about how Rand is playing the game, but if you are, they won't let him get away with it once he announces a run for POTUS. He will be asked to explicitly state whether he agrees with his Dad on foreign policy decisions. If he says he does, they will drop him like a hot potato. If he says he doesn't, he's not really a liberty candidate.

anaconda
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Just listening to his show from yesterday (http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=32930#) in the first half hour he's ripped Obama, Biden, Christie, Boehner, Cantor, McCarthy, McConnell, Pete King. It's quite amusing.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?339354-Take-The-No-Levin-Challenge

Dystopian
Oh great, we're back to liking Mark Levin now? This is the same zionist scumbag that went on very long tirades trashing Ron Paul every chance he got. He despised Ron Paul,and maybe you should look at the URL of this site before kissing his ass.

AGRP

The Troll Zone

Dystopian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi19kEYcZqY

AGRP
01-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Oh great, we're back to liking Mark Levin now?

No. Just the trolls.

Dystopian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNKRluSxA_I

cajuncocoa
You win the prize! RON PAUL says DUMB things, that's who!! Because he's "antagonistic" and "bombastic"!

Christ on a popsicle stick, what happened to these forums?Good question. I think Kathy88 is right (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400266-Mark-Levin-is-ripping-them-all&p=4805412&viewfull=1#post4805412), we've entered a parallel universe!!

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh great, we're back to liking Mark Levin now? http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QgaiyJxzuhk/T79jSfF2vMI/AAAAAAAAFhQ/R-Vts-ESzDY/s1600/hellno.jpg

Dystopian
01-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I remember a bunch of douchebags were on here trying to pimp Levin's last book in 2009 or so, trying to talk about how he was "coming around". If you still support Mark Levin after all the vitriolic things he said about Dr. Paul, then you can fuck right off.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 09:23 PM
I remember a bunch of douchebags were on here trying to pimp Levin's last book in 2009 or so, trying to talk about how he was "coming around". If you still support Mark Levin after all the vitriolic things he said about Dr. Paul, then you can fuck right off.I owe you another +rep. I don't get it.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 09:24 PM
I never said I liked him and i'm well aware of what he said - and he wasn't the only one - but he's doing a far better service now spreading disdain for the GOP leadership.

I don't ever remember a mainline talk show host ripping the Republican Speaker or congressional leadership. Definitely not when Hastert and DeLay were bullying people into voting for Bush's crap. So, this is great as far as I'm concerned.

Also, he's a platform to promote Rand. Rand goes on his show frequently and he's talking positive about him, so that's also good.

Dystopian
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
You haven't learned their propaganda game yet? They trash the establishment up until election time and then they shill for them nonstop. They spout a few conservative ideas to gain street cred, and then when it gets to be crunch time they tell everybody to fall in line with the same establishment that they supposedly hate.

Levin, Hannity, Limbaugh, et. al. They are masters of this shit.

The best thing to do to these clowns is turn them off.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 09:28 PM
If you read the thread we've been through this.

It doesn't matter what they say at elections because they do not influence them.

We do not expect him to suddenly start trashing Rand when it comes to election time or ignore him. It wouldn't make any sense.

Spreading disdain and skepticism of GOP leadership is great, as is having Rand on the show and mentioning his name every so often as a potential leader.

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 09:37 PM
I never said I liked him and i'm well aware of what he said - and he wasn't the only one - but he's doing a far better service now spreading disdain for the GOP leadership.

I don't ever remember a mainline talk show host ripping the Republican Speaker or congressional leadership. Definitely not when Hastert and DeLay were bullying people into voting for Bush's crap. So, this is great as far as I'm concerned.

Also, he's a platform to promote Rand. Rand goes on his show frequently and he's talking positive about him, so that's also good.Of course they didn't complain when GOP Speakers were pushing Bush's crap! Bush was one of them -- neocon supreme!

Czolgosz
01-04-2013, 09:44 PM
You haven't learned their propaganda game yet? They trash the establishment up until election time and then they shill for them nonstop. They spout a few conservative ideas to gain street cred, and then when it gets to be crunch time they tell everybody to fall in line with the same establishment that they supposedly hate.

Levin, Hannity, Limbaugh, et. al. They are masters of this shit.

The best thing to do to these clowns is turn them off.

ffs. Listen to this guy ^

Don't let the game impair y'alls judgement.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
What "game" are they playing?

They're making Rand Paul one of the most famous conservative members of the U.S Senate.

More fool them I say.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM

Can't stand Mark Levin, can't disagree with this post. Good point, well taken and well made.

He's still a horse's ass :-)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dear Collective RPF Hivemind:

itshappening is making some valid points that are made difficult to see clearly due to the biblical levels of resentment and ire that are RIGHTFULLY held by many of us toward Levin, on account of his actions in the past. I respect itshappening's point of view. You're swimming against the tide and that's commendable. Intelligent discourse requires as much.

Bearing in mind the truth in the statement "by their fruit ye shall judge them," it's not hard to conclude - I believe correctly - that Levin will do exactly as has been described in responses to some of itshappening's statements. He will appear to change, will seem to "come around," and will, in the end, fuck the liberty candidate right up the ass come next primary season. A shit leopard cannot change its spots.

At this point, it's all made of legos, so fuck it. If Mark Levin, Horse's Ass Extraordinaire, is opening up the tiny neocon minds of his audience, even a crack, it's up to folks like us to worm our fingers into that little crack with both hands and heave ho. How can we do this? It's alright to be disgusted with the man, to remind ourselves and each other of Levin's past sins and bullshit, so as to protect ourselves from being somehow infected by his asshattery. Simultaneously, it's our self-imposed duty and honor to be right there, offering the alternative, the safe haven, the guidance to the path of liberty, discovery, and free thought. These are foreign concepts to the neocon mind. And a newly-awoken mind a a beautiful thing, a hungry, thirsty thing, at that. It's a tough job, as it has been for the good Doctor. Many of us are still recently-woken minds; myself included. How else might I feel qualified to post earlier that Mark Levin is a horse's ass? I used to listen to the fucknut daily as part of my talk radio bullshit diet! :-)

It's important to remember that minds are opening, people are choosing the Blue Pill left and right, and it's folks like us and places like here that these people are turning to. Let's laugh, let's carry on, and let's all shout FUCK YOU MARK LEVIN from the mountaintop, while bearing in mind that we all have our role to play, and he is playing his, as he will come primary time.

He is part of the very machine we must continue to rage against.

I suppose it's alright, from time to time, to simply relax, lift a beer, and admire even a glimmer of light escaping an otherwise empty, foul shell of a man like Mark Levin. Even the most violent tornado, the most powerful thunderstorm, or any destructive force of nature is beautiful...from a distance, and only for a brief moment in time.

Today must have been Levin's little moment. Either way, FYAD while drinking bleach, Mark. Rock on, itshappening. Thanks for helping make this thread an interesting read.

acptulsa
01-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Levin has never been an establishment guy. He was a lawyer in the Reagan Administration.

I think I'm completely missing your point. Seems like there was a guy named Bush in that administration, too...

itshappening, answer me a question if you would be so kind: Who are Vladimir Levin's customers?

amonasro
01-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I remember a bunch of douchebags were on here trying to pimp Levin's last book in 2009 or so, trying to talk about how he was "coming around". If you still support Mark Levin after all the vitriolic things he said about Dr. Paul, then you can fuck right off.

Thank you. Trolls need more training.

cajuncocoa
01-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Dear Collective RPF Hivemind: Um, no. This is not coming from any "collectivist" or "hivemind" perspective. This is my own opinion: Mark Levin is scum and deserves no respect from anyone who considers him/herself a Ron Paul supporter. He has insulted Dr. Paul -- AND us -- on a daily basis during the primaries, and therefore "FYAD while drinking bleach" is almost too good a directive for him.

I agree with you about watching for the opening of minds, but you're not going to get that opportunity with Mark Levin's audience. You'll have better luck approaching people on the street corner. If you tried to call in on his show, you probably wouldn't get through the call screener unless you lie...and even if you did, he can "mute" you, hang up on you, talk over you, and redirect his audience to the proper neocon POV after your call is through. I've heard Limbaugh do this too many times, and I'm sure Levin is the same.

By the time you find Levin's audience, it will be time for him to drop the liberty-sounding stance and go back to preaching neoconservatism.

My point is, no one here has to listen to Levin or worry about what he says in order to try to change the minds of people who may be influenced by him. In fact, you'll have a better chance to doing so AWAY from his radio show.

belian78
01-05-2013, 02:14 PM
it doesn't matter about the election. I expect him to go with the fraud Rubio. I expect they will all be talking him up under orders from Conda.

But that doesn't matter. He is bashing the sacred Fed and the GOP congressional leadership. I've never heard the talk show hosts do this before, not with Hastert or the rest of them. It will wake up a lot of conservatives and contrary to what people think these listeners are quite smart if you listen to what they say likethe guy who called Levin and raised the Fed and the inflation tax.
I'm sure this has been said but, you've been around here since 07 and you've never heard MSM bash the FED and GOP leadership!? Where were you in the 4 years after Ron's second primary run? Did you never turn on any news in that time? I for one thought that Ron would have the red carpet to the Whitehouse rolled out by none other than Glenn Beck and Joe Scarbourogh themselves from the way they sounded. Seriously, you're being willfully naive here.

belian78
01-05-2013, 02:17 PM
What are they going to do? what is it you fear? That they will open their shows with long monologues telling people how bad Rand will be for the GOP when they've had him on their shows constantly for 5 years?
Uh... they did exactly that with Ron. Praised Ron to the damn rooftops for 4 years, then openly disrespected him on air, on the same damn shows that figuratively gave him a bj not 2 years prior.

belian78
01-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Ron went out of his way to throw bricks and some of these bricks were unsubstantiated. The difference with Rand is that Rand allows others to disagree with him, without fomenting the urge to choke Rand to death. He's a statesman. Ron was isolated and alienated for so long, that he really stopped caring about building bridges, and I can certainly understand why he took such a stance, but it's the path to obscurity.
Wow, true colors finally showing through. Took a while, but here we are.

FSP-Rebel
01-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow, true colors finally showing through. Took a while, but here we are.
What's the problem with identifying strengths and weaknesses of people, Ron and Rand in particular? Facts are facts even though they don't put Ron in the 100 percentile of end-all be-all. Having admiration for someone doesn't preclude one from finding certain faults as no one ever is perfect, you can get close but that's it. I doubt I'd have much in common with either of them outside of ideology and politics as I don't fit in well with evangelical, social conservatives outside of family. I have respect and admiration for my own parents and brother but that doesn't mean I can't make a mental note of their shortcomings as individuals and I'm sure they have theirs of me. This overdone, touchy feeling about Ron is a little creepy, sorry. Admiration is one thing but let it be called how it is seen. Some people don't like Rand's approach on certain things, to each his own.

compromise
01-05-2013, 04:13 PM
I for one thought that Ron would have the red carpet to the Whitehouse rolled out by none other than Joe Scarbourogh themselves from the way they sounded
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-joe-scarborough-confesses-i-voted-for-ron-paul/
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77335.html

Scarborough came around in the end and voted for Ron Paul. Beck is a scam and probably never will back Rand, let alone Ron.

itshappening
01-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm sure this has been said but, you've been around here since 07 and you've never heard MSM bash the FED and GOP leadership!? Where were you in the 4 years after Ron's second primary run? Did you never turn on any news in that time? I for one thought that Ron would have the red carpet to the Whitehouse rolled out by none other than Glenn Beck and Joe Scarbourogh themselves from the way they sounded. Seriously, you're being willfully naive here.

I've seen Beck bash the Fed on tv, never listened to his show. But i've never seen the right-wing talk show hosts in particular (I dont include Morning Joe in this) bash the GOP Congressional leadership or the Fed like Levin has been doing recently and yes it's good because Levin has lots of affiliates and listeners so exposing them to these unruly thoughts are good even if Levin is the conduit.

However, it wouldnt have mattered if Hannity, Beck, Rush, Levin and Morning Joe serenaded Ron Paul every morning and day throughout the primary process, he still would not have won the nomination because the GOP electorate had made their minds up and his favorables never improved despite millions in micro-targetted advertising.