PDA

View Full Version : Jewish Democrats slam Paul addition to key panel

itshappening
01-04-2013, 01:20 PM
The Israel lobby are not pleased...

-
The National Jewish Democratic Council lashed out Friday over the recent appointment of Republican Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky to the Senate's Foreign Relations Committee, citing his "deeply disturbing record when it comes to the US-Israel relationship."

In a statement released Friday by the NJDC, its president David Harris said that Paul's "membership in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee should be raising red flags and provoking severe concern across the pro-Israel community." Harris also hit out at the GOP, calling its decision to place Paul on the panel "simply outrageous."

"The overwhelmingly pro-Israel American public deserves much better than a radical ideologue on the Senate's primary diplomatic committee who has demonstrated a singular obsession with slashing aid to the Jewish state," the NJDC chief added.

Paul, one of four new Republicans on the committee whose appointments were first reported Thursday by Foreign Policy magazine, has recently reached out to the pro-Israel community and is slated this month to visit Israel accompanied by Christian Zionists.

Unlike his father, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), a perennial presidential contender who has laced his arguments against assistance for Israel with harsh criticisms of the Jewish state, the younger Paul casts his opposition to assistance as a matter of independence for Israel from undue American influence.

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=298438

Constitutional Paulicy
01-04-2013, 01:23 PM
If Rand is upsetting the Israel lobby, then he must be doing something right lol.

FSP-Rebel
01-04-2013, 01:46 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/r9lell.jpg

Cowlesy
01-04-2013, 02:00 PM
"Simply outrageous!" "Deeply Disturbing" "radical idealogue!"

LOL

kathy88
01-04-2013, 02:04 PM
THIS is excellent news. How long until they throw him off the committee? Should we get a pool going?

twomp
01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I really hope that by 2016, our country's love affair with Israel will become a nasty divorce. Though I'm sure our media will keep that from happening.

Confederate
01-04-2013, 02:24 PM
I really hope that by 2016, our country's love affair with Israel will become a nasty divorce. Though I'm sure our media will keep that from happening.

It will never happen. Israel-firsters are everywhere in government, media, and more importantly, finance. They control the narrative, legislation, and the means to finance it all. Not to mention they've made their way into America's chuches and completely indoctrinated millions of Christians to worship 'Jews' (Rabbinical Judaism has nothing to do with Biblical Israel) over Christ himself.

Brett85
01-04-2013, 02:27 PM
It will never happen. Israel-firsters are everywhere in government, media, and more importantly, finance. They control the narrative, legislation, and the means to finance it all. Not to mention they've made their way into America's chuches and completely indoctrinated millions of Christians to worship 'Jews' (Rabbinical Judaism has nothing to do with Biblical Israel) over Christ himself.

Which is why Rand probably had no choice but to vote for sanctions on Iran if he was ever going to have a chance to become President. I hate to say that, but it's probably true given the current political culture in our country.

Confederate
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Which is why Rand probably had no choice but to vote for sanctions on Iran if he was ever going to have a chance to become President. I hate to say that, but it's probably true given the current political culture in our country.

I completely understand that. And that's why he needs to take this trip to the Zionist Occupied Territories.

jkr
01-04-2013, 02:40 PM
WHY cant these a$$holes worry about their own country?

....wait, they ARE

got conflict of interest?

georgiaboy
01-04-2013, 02:49 PM
C'mon, Rand, reply! Teachable moment here!

Danke
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
I completely understand that. And that's why he needs to take this trip to the Zionist Occupied Territories.

Isn't his office in Washington D.C?

Confederate
01-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Isn't his office in Washington D.C?

I should have been more clear. He's going to the Zionist Occupied Territories in the Holy Land.

Cowlesy
01-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I think Rand is going to Israel soon, as it stands.

In the words from the movie Stripes, I'd tell these lobbyists to, "Lighten up, Francis."

devil21
01-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Rand doesn't have a record long enough to signify much at all, never mind a "deeply disturbing" one on any particular issue. Sounds like th Israel lobby is worried about his 2016 chances if they're throwing mud already.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
they're going to kick and scream and whine like children when he starts campaigning for the nomination

Cowlesy
01-04-2013, 04:04 PM
You have to love the picture they used too.

compromise
01-04-2013, 04:13 PM
He's also visiting Palestine and Jordan. It's a middle-east trip, not an Israel trip. I don't know why some of you guys are so obsessed with Israel.

libertygrl
01-04-2013, 05:00 PM
He's also visiting Palestine and Jordan. It's a middle-east trip, not an Israel trip. I don't know why some of you guys are so obsessed with Israel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-SszJkjy60

compromise
01-04-2013, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-SszJkjy60
lol press tv.

dannno
01-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I don't know why some of you guys are so obsessed with Israel.

All I can say is pay closer attention.

I'm glad Rand is taking a middle east trip tho.

RabbitMan
01-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Infiltrating churches? What a load of crap. Being a jew, I don't know any Christians that worship Jews and I come from the Bible Belt. That's insulting and just factually wrong, and I hope this kind of crap doesn't persist on these forums.

The more interesting part of this article is the fact that Rand has done nothing but praise Israel and talked about cutting aid to Israel's enemies, and yet the author blasts Rand for positions his Dad actually takes with the whole framing the argument of cutting aid to Israel being a matter of restoring its independence. Where the whole bit about Ron Paul being vehemently anti Israel and "lacing" his insults with venom came from, I have no clue. Where are they getting their sources and, more importantly, what the hell are they talking about?

VictorB
01-04-2013, 05:18 PM
*sigh* I thought that the Foreign Relations Committee dealt with issues regarding hundreds of countries including Israel. I didn't know it was the Israel Relations Committee.

torchbearer
01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Infiltrating churches? What a load of crap. Being a jew, I don't know any Christians that worship Jews and I come from the Bible Belt. That's insulting and just factually wrong, and I hope this kind of crap doesn't persist on these forums.

The more interesting part of this article is the fact that Rand has done nothing but praise Israel and talked about cutting aid to Israel's enemies, and yet the author blasts Rand for positions his Dad actually takes with the whole framing the argument of cutting aid to Israel being a matter of restoring its independence. Where the whole bit about Ron Paul being vehemently anti Israel and "lacing" his insults with venom came from, I have no clue. Where are they getting their sources and, more importantly, what the hell are they talking about?

I know some evangelicals who worship Jews so much, they pretend they are jewish too. its disturbing.

compromise
01-04-2013, 05:22 PM
All I can say is pay closer attention.

I'm glad Rand is taking a middle east trip tho.

I can understand talking about Israel in relation to this topic, I was referring more to people (in other threads mostly) only talking about Rand visiting Israel and not the rest of his visit, which is equally significant.

JK/SEA
01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't know why some of you guys are so obsessed with Israel.

Because Israel is so obsessed with us?...

Confederate
01-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I can understand talking about Israel in relation to this topic, I was referring more to people (in other threads mostly) only talking about Rand visiting Israel and not the rest of his visit, which is equally significant.

The only significant part of the trip is visiting Israel. And the only reason it's significant is because the majority of Republicans have been brainwashed into worshiping Israel.

Brett85
01-04-2013, 05:43 PM
The only significant part of the trip is visiting Israel. And the only reason it's significant is because the majority of Republicans have been brainwashed into worshiping Israel.

There are some of us who actually like Israel on a personal level but still basically have the same political position towards Israel as Ron Paul. I'm one of those people.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 05:46 PM
TC, you're not typical though. The Israel lobby has been stunningly successful on both sides of the aisle and they've firmly embeded into American culture. They will do anything to keep the weapons and the 3bn/year flowing.

Confederate
01-04-2013, 05:47 PM
There are some of us who actually like Israel on a personal level but still basically have the same political position towards Israel as Ron Paul. I'm one of those people.

You're a minority in the GOP, though. Just like my viewpoint: that the State of Israel is a manifestation of Satan.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 05:48 PM
The irony is the saudi's have also been successful in getting the military industrial complex in their country to defend their monarchy. Money talks.

Brian4Liberty
01-04-2013, 05:58 PM
The National Jewish Democratic Council lashed out Friday...the younger Paul casts his opposition to assistance as a matter of independence for Israel

Oy vey, will they stop with the complaining already?

All of the other countries will stop receiving US taxpayer money first (they may all get cut off at the same time when fiscal insolvency finally happens).

Occam's Banana
01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Well, to the extent that it's true that you can judge a man by his enemies, then to that extent we can conclude that Rand is *definitely* one of the "good guys" ...