PDA

View Full Version : Senator Flake comes out against NRA Armed Guards proposal

compromise
01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/flake-troubled-by-nra-s-proposal-to-put

Sen.-elect Jeff Flake (R-AZ) came out on Wednesday against the National Rifle Association’s proposal to have Congress require someone to be armed at every public school in the nation following last month’s massacre in Newtown, Conn.

"I was troubled by that proposal, greatly troubled by that kind of Washington mandate, federal involvement in local schools," Flake told Phoenix television station KTVK.

A six-term congressman who won a nasty Senate race this year against Democratic former U.S. Surgeon General Richard Carmona, Flake was endorsed by the NRA, which spent more than $320,000 to get him elected. The group’s executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, even went to Arizona to stump for Flake during the campaign, and the organization gave the congressman its “A” rating.

Brian4Liberty
01-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Good work Flake!

FSP-Rebel
01-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Takes brass to call out one of your main donors. Hopefully this tenacity leads into other issues and puts him in the Paul/Lee and possibly Cruz camp. If this is the case, then we've doubled our stake in the Senate. #GOP liberty successes on the rise

Acala
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Finally Arizona has one senator who doesn't totally suck.

green73
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Did anyone else read this as "Senator flakes out..."?

Acala
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM

His Uncle's name was Jake Flake.

Lucille
03-06-2013, 09:56 AM

What are you, psychic?

I tried to tell my peeps here this guy is no good for the liberty movement. All he cares about is money already spent (earmarks), and empowering the federal govt. Should have voted for Marc Victor.

Jeff Flake flakes-out (via my friend Donna.)
http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/hostedemail/email.htm?CID=14717874614&ch=08B5B72EB478D2AC1F5107FDDAA07723&h=a52e4f2841ede71e721fa58b3c0a3d50&ei=svW6aekN0#.US6cc5ktlH0.twitter

“You bet!”

That’s what Republican U.S. Senator Jeff Flake said when asked if he supports President Obama’s nationalized gun-control agenda.

To make matters worse, he’s now touting President Obama’s rhetoric when it comes to expanded background checks.

“All of us Republicans and Democrats recognize that we need more effective and broader background checks,” he recently told Politico.

This sort of Washington beltway blabber is what we’ve come to expect out of Arizona’s Senior U.S. Senator, John McCain…

But watching Junior Jeff fold like a house of cards after spending months paying gun owners lip-service is disappointing.

Gun control rally to be held outside Sen. Jeff Flake's offices
http://ktar.com/22/1615240/Progun-rally-set-outside-Sen-Flakes-offices

Why would they bother? He's already on the gun-grabbers' side.

CaptLouAlbano
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
//