PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul for Sec of Treasury?

Brown Sapper
01-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Just kidding. He deserves his retirement, but little Timmy is retiring.

http://news.yahoo.com/analysis-geithners-planned-departure-puts-obama-tough-spot-234948155--business.html

sailingaway
01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
I'd rather have him head the fed, the president can't ask him to resign that. But he has already said he'd be happy to help 'any administration' on topics which are within his core concerns.

Given that they ARE his core concerns.

SpreadOfLiberty
01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm afraid he probably doesn't have the expertise to be that or Fed chairman. Age wouldn't be an issue.

sailingaway
01-04-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm afraid he probably doesn't have the expertise to be that or Fed chairman. Age wouldn't be an issue.

Snort.

Look at their models.

I think Ron's predictions make the case he is far better than previous, and he has access to the expertise. You don't think Austrian economists would support him?

SpreadOfLiberty
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Snort.

Look at their models.

I think Ron's predictions make the case he is far better than previous, and he has access to the expertise. You don't think Austrian economists would support him?

I am not concerned about his economics as his capability as an expert of the financial sector.

I'd rather have one of the Austrian professors or financial experts get appointed, say Larry White or Jim Grant.

sailingaway
01-04-2013, 01:21 PM
I am not concerned about his economics as his capability as an expert of the financial sector.

I'd rather have one of the Austrian professors or financial experts get appointed, say Larry White or Jim Grant.

Ron might agree with you on Grant. However, if he took the microphone, I'm pretty sure Grant would be right beside him on the analysis. I just want the mic.

If I'm going to daydream, I might as well make it the one I actually want...