PDA

View Full Version : Guess where I am typing this from?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-03-2013, 01:27 PM
I am sitting in our very own Congressman Thomas Massie's private office watching his tv and following the goings on across the street. He should be here to party with us soon. Life is grand! I already have some photos and will post them later. I can say that this is as surreal as it gets. His office is a hive of activity and the revolution is certainly the toast of the town right now. Folks, we have arrived!

mad cow
01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Thank him for his Speaker vote for me.

kathy88
01-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Thank you Thomas. Have a blast Joe.

jbauer
01-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Thank Mr. Maisse from all of us. Its a bitter-sweet day when you loose the "leader" but end up with others ready to stand and fight.

sailingaway
01-03-2013, 03:35 PM
We expect great things of him.

So, no pressure...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 12:52 AM

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 12:56 AM

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 12:58 AM

angelatc
01-04-2013, 01:01 AM
That's very cool. Uhm - are you working for him , or did you work with him during the campaign? Or did you just decide to drive up and introduce yourself?

DOesn't really matter - because it's indeed very cool.

SpreadOfLiberty
01-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Invite Steve Stockman over....

Bastiat's The Law
01-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Massie is the man!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 01:12 AM
That's very cool. Uhm - are you working for him , or did you work with him during the campaign? Or did you just decide to drive up and introduce yourself?

DOesn't really matter - because it's indeed very cool.

No, I am not working for him in any official capacity though I will certainly volunteer for the good cause if he needed it. Basically, he is a friend of mine and I was invited to come spend what turned into an extra extraordinary day with him at his House warming party. Also had a nice private dinner this evening and had a chance to discuss some policy issues and share some ideas. I have more pictures to share but many of them show me and nobody wants to see my fat ass lol. I will say though that Congressman Massie has a very deep appreciation for us folks here and I am sure if any of you are ever in D.C. that he would love nothing more than for you to stop by and say hello. I can also assure you all that Congressman Massie is an absolute liberty machine. He is every single bit as principled as Ron Paul and as I watched him stand for the cause of liberty today and heard the passion with which he spoke of issues near and dear to us, it was VERY clear that our movement is in great hands.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 01:16 AM
And you know... Sitting in one of our owns private office with the Capitol dome visible while watching Cspan and seeing that very Congressman on TV live from that very same dome and making his stand against those backstabbing bastards who sell us up the river each day... It was one of the most surreal moments of my life.

PursuePeace
01-04-2013, 01:25 AM
No, I am not working for him in any official capacity though I will certainly volunteer for the good cause if he needed it. Basically, he is a friend of mine and I was invited to come spend what turned into an extra extraordinary day with him at his House warming party. Also had a nice private dinner this evening and had a chance to discuss some policy issues and share some ideas. I have more pictures to share but many of them show me and nobody wants to see my fat ass lol. I will say though that Congressman Massie has a very deep appreciation for us folks here and I am sure if any of you are ever in D.C. that he would love nothing more than for you to stop by and say hello. I can also assure you all that Congressman Massie is an absolute liberty machine. He is every single bit as principled as Ron Paul and as I watched him stand for the cause of liberty today and heard the passion with which he spoke of issues near and dear to us, it was VERY clear that our movement is in great hands.

Thank you so much for sharing this!
It's nice to read something positive.
Go Massie!

Brian4Liberty
01-04-2013, 01:43 AM
You guys on the east coast have all of the (political) fun! :)

american.swan
01-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Wow, awesome.

John F Kennedy III
01-04-2013, 02:28 AM
And you know... Sitting in one of our owns private office with the Capitol dome visible while watching Cspan and seeing that very Congressman on TV live from that very same dome and making his stand against those backstabbing bastards who sell us up the river each day... It was one of the most surreal moments of my life.

I bet it was. Any chance you can get him drunk and convince him to run for President? :p

afwjam
01-04-2013, 02:30 AM
cool

V3n
01-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks for sharing this. There's been a lot of arguments and bad news/horror stories passed around the forums lately (in life lately!). Not enough good in the world.

Reading this post reminds me why I come here.

:D

compromise
01-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Cool! Is Amash going to be there?

ClydeCoulter
01-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Very cool :D

Petar
01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream...

Petar
01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jcNU1.jpg

SpreadOfLiberty
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jcNU1.jpg

Is that David Schweikert on the far left? Looks like him.

Petar
01-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Is that David Schweikert on the far left? Looks like him.

Thomas' cousin. Super nice guy, as was everyone else in the family, all of his friends, and also the whole staff. Amazing, warm, hospitable people. This is the real deal folks, Thomas is a true statesman of the highest order.

twomp
01-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Super cool! I got excited for you just reading this thread lol!

Petar
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Super cool! I got excited for you just reading this thread lol!

I'm glad that I could share some of the joy my friend.

Bastiat's The Law
01-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Massie hugging Ron on the floor of the House was probably the best moment of 2012. Eyes got a bit misty seeing that, damn onions.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
I hope when the time comes that we more than pull our weight to raise money for Congressman Massie. He has made some major political enemies up there already and some of them are ones who raised money for him in the general election thinking he would come up there and play ball. You can bet they will NOT be doing that again as now they know he is truly a Ron Paul Republican. So start telling your friends and your family and your liberty groups about how the next Ron Paul is going to bat for us on the House floor right now and how important it is that we keep him there. We need to organize some serious moneybombs for this man because I can guarantee the establishment is going to try to primary him and if that fails you can expect the establishment GOP to give him virtually no support in the general.

heavenlyboy34
01-04-2013, 03:16 PM
lol @ thread. Politics is indeed showbusiness for the ugly! :D

Spoa
01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I hope when the time comes that we more than pull our weight to raise money for Congressman Massie. He has made some major political enemies up there already and some of them are ones who raised money for him in the general election thinking he would come up there and play ball. You can bet they will NOT be doing that again as now they know he is truly a Ron Paul Republican. So start telling your friends and your family and your liberty groups about how the next Ron Paul is going to bat for us on the House floor right now and how important it is that we keep him there. We need to organize some serious moneybombs for this man because I can guarantee the establishment is going to try to primary him and if that fails you can expect the establishment GOP to give him virtually no support in the general.

Agreed...although keep your money for now. Remember how we all thought that Amash was going to get primaried in 2012 back in 2010...it didn't happen. But we all have to be ready to help Rep. Massie right away if he does indeed get a primary challenge. :)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Agreed...although keep your money for now. Remember how we all thought that Amash was going to get primaried in 2012 back in 2010...it didn't happen. But we all have to be ready to help Rep. Massie right away if he does indeed get a primary challenge. :)

He will still need that money for the general even if he does not have a primary opponent. I will bet the farm the stablishment will be after him with both barrels.

devil21
01-04-2013, 03:27 PM
jealous

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM

I might be ugly but I go to bed with a woman every night who adores me, have kids who call me their hero, have friends who are loyal and who think I am an amazing guy, am talented and highly intelligent. I am generous, caring and warm hearted, get to hang out with awesome people and live many moments that others spend their entire lives only wishing for. I wake up each morning knowing I will have the chance the fight for liberty and change a life and when I am not doing that I am my own boss at my own business and it is something I am highly passionate about and love with every fiber of my being. I live each day as an adventure and I have that adventure with more passion than most people will ever muster in their lives. If being unattractive and overweight is the price to pay for living the life I have than I can rest well knowing that I certainly got the best end of the deal.

sailingaway
01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
He will still need that money for the general even if he does not have a primary opponent. I will bet the farm the stablishment will be after him with both barrels.

enthusiasm brings in money where grass roots are concerned. From his start, I think the money will be there.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Thank you for your vote, Mr. Massie.

Petar
01-04-2013, 09:38 PM

Oh c'mon, we aren't really that hideous are we?

http://i.imgur.com/Rtvvj.jpg

Neil Desmond
01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh c'mon, we aren't really that hideous are we?

http://i.imgur.com/Rtvvj.jpg
Oh, uh...hmmmm - yes, yes we are quite hideous (my eyes!). :D

MelissaWV
01-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Joe it looks like they're trying to push you over the rail lol Is that why you're scowling?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Joe it looks like they're trying to push you over the rail lol Is that why you're scowling?

Nah, I just rarely smile in photos. I think I have a phobia of it or something. I should also point out that I absolutely despise photos of myself being taken and hate even more when people can see them. So having photos taken and agreeing to have them shared is quite a step lol.

Petar
01-04-2013, 11:09 PM

There are far more subtle methods of "pushing individuals over said rails". ;)

fr33
01-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Keep that voting record honest and clean and you can expect liberty lovers to keep donating to campaigns.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-27-2013, 11:42 PM
I hope to be reliving this around the time of lpac... I hope all of you can come.

RickyJ
06-27-2013, 11:53 PM
I didn't look because you want people to guess. I hope it isn't prison, but I think it is.