PDA

View Full Version : Peter King who backed Boehner at last moment says we should ban a lot of guns

Agorism
01-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Top GOP Congressman: ‘I Really Don’t Know Why People Need Assault Weapons’

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/03/1390081/top-gop-congressman-i-really-dont-know-why-people-need-assault-weapons/

SCARBOROUGH: But don’t you hear from Republicans, don’t you hear from conservatives… ‘Hey Congressman you know what, I want a handgun to protect my family. I want a shotgun, but do we really need assault weapons all across America?’
KING: Joe, I fully agree with you. I voted for the Assault Weapons Ban back in 1994. My father was a police officer. I really don’t know why people need assault weapons. I’m not a hunter but I understand people who want to hunt. I understand people who live in rough neighborhoods or have a small business and want to maintain a pistol to protect themselves as long as they’re properly vetted and licensed. But an assault weapon? Listen, I’m sure 99% of people with assault weapons are good Americans. But to give that potential to a mass murderer who would be able to outarm the police who as we saw could carry out the worst devastation? … Why the issue of an assault weapon should even be on the table, why we want to identify with that when it’s a vocal minority, but it is a minority who support these weapons.

http://nyopoliticker.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/petert.jpeg

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Anyone that thinks the Republicans will block an 'assault' weapons ban is fooling themselves. They did not block indefinite detention. They did not block assassinations on the presidents whim.
Tyranny takes two hobnailed boots to move forward. They are merely the 'right' boot.

TER
01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Anyone that thinks the Republicans will block an 'assault' weapons ban is fooling themselves. They did not block indefinite detention. They did not block assassinations on the presidents whim.
Tyranny takes two hobnailed boots to move forward. They are merely the 'right' boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZvVeuzsbo&sns=em

Lucille
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM

I must spread some rep around...

Romulus
01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Isn't that swell....

All these idiot 'Ted Nugent' nut swingers are going to be mighty pissed with traitors like King and other R's when they get bent over by their actions against the 2nd a.

itshappening
01-03-2013, 02:10 PM
why wasn't the assault weapons ban tested in the Supreme Court?

Cowlesy
01-03-2013, 02:14 PM
He's a Congressman from Long Island, therefore 99.5% of this forum should pay him zero heed.

Edit: Because, while I understand that what he could do affects us all, the rest of the country should not care what dopey congressman from NY say.

tangent4ronpaul
01-03-2013, 02:25 PM
http://nyopoliticker.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/petert.jpeg

Where's the cross?
Shouldn't he be carrying a cross?

USA!, USA!, USA! :rolleyes:

-t

John F Kennedy III
01-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Then why is he buying guns for the IRA?

specsaregood
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM

Thats what I was seeming to recall.

Occam's Banana
01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Listen, I’m sure 99% of people with assault weapons are good Americans. But to give that potential to a mass murderer who would be able to outarm the police who as we saw could carry out the worst devastation? … Why the issue of an assault weapon should even be on the table, why we want to identify with that when it’s a vocal minority, but it is a minority who support these weapons.

Yeah, because the 1% with assault weapons who are not "good Americans" (WTF?) and who wish to engage in mass murder are really gonna give a shit about the obeying the laws you pass - except the ones about murder.

"Whoa! I was gonna kill a bunch of people with my assault weapon - but they went and made assault weapons illegal! Guess I'm just shit out of luck! I ain't breakin' no assault weapons ban just to kill some people! No sir! That's some BAAAAD juju, there!"

liveandletlive
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
ah...ol petey, resident islamophobe

Anti Federalist
01-03-2013, 03:03 PM

Plus fucking Rep.

AuH20
01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Isn't that swell....

All these idiot 'Ted Nugent' nut swingers are going to be mighty pissed with traitors like King and other R's when they get bent over by their actions against the 2nd a.

He's always been anti-gun. He voted for the 1994 AWB.

Romulus
01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
He's always been anti-gun. He voted for the 1994 AWB.

And that cluck is still around?

AuH20
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
And that cluck is still around?

You don't know much about the Nassau County GOP. ;)

Pericles
01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
We need "assault weapons" because of representatives like him.

Spikender
01-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeah, because the 1% with assault weapons who are not "good Americans" (WTF?) and who wish to engage in mass murder are really gonna give a shit about the obeying the laws you pass - except the ones about murder.

"Whoa! I was gonna kill a bunch of people with my assault weapon - but they went and made assault weapons illegal! Guess I'm just shit out of luck! I ain't breakin' no assault weapons ban just to kill some people! No sir! That's some BAAAAD juju, there!"

A-fucking-men. That was the part that got me the most. I owe you a rep.

Anti Federalist
03-17-2013, 11:16 PM
IRA supporting terrorist sympathizer.