PDA

View Full Version : The Orwellian U.S. courts

Lucille
01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
“[T]he different forms of government make law democratical, aristocratical, tyrannical, with a view to their several interests; and these laws, which are made by them for their own interests, are the justice which they deliver to subjects, and him who transgresses them they punish as a breaker of the law, and unjust. And that is what I mean when I say that in all states there is the same principle of justice, which is the interest of the government; and as the government must be supposed to have power, the only reasonable conclusion as, that everywhere there is one principle of justice, which is the interest of the stronger.”
--Thrasymachus

The Orwellian U.S. courts
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-orwellian-us-courts.html

Black is white. War is peace. Non-compliance is compliance. Concealment is disclosure:

A federal judge on Wednesday dismissed most of two lawsuits seeking disclosure of US government documents related to the Obama administration’s claim of legal authority to order the killing of American citizens overseas....

At issue was whether the administration would be ordered under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to disclose to the public legal memos written by government lawyers defending the targeted killing of US citizens overseas who were suspected of involvement in terror operations.

“This Court is constrained by law, and under the law, I can only conclude that the Government has not violated FOIA by refusing to turn over the documents sought in the FOIA requests,” McMahon said.

She added that the government thus could not be “compelled by this court of law to explain in detail the reasons why its actions do not violate the Constitution and laws of the United States.”

Got that? The Government has not violated FOIA by violating FOIA. That is, if nothing else, a violation of Aristotelian logic. The fact is that regardless of what the captive courts declare, the Obama administration has absolutely no authority to order the killing of American citizens without trial or due process, overseas or within the borders of the States. The fact that the courts are too corrupt to even hold them accountable is further evidence of the ongoing decline of the United States into historical irrelevance.

Court Rejects Lawsuits Demanding Obama Disclose More Info on Drone Program
"The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this...is not lost on me," the judge said, referring to the nightmarish world in which people are sentenced to death before a verdict is in.
http://news.antiwar.com/2013/01/02/court-rejects-lawsuits-demanding-obama-disclose-more-info-on-drone-program/

ZENemy
01-03-2013, 12:19 PM
So is it time for the average person to stop going to these courts? Yes, I know there are consequences but at some point we are going to have to organize and take risk. I mean, if the cards are stacked against those that want peace then....where does that leave us?

Lucille
01-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't know what the answer is. The whole USG is rotten to the core, and ridding this country of the corrupt authoritarians destroying our rights is a Herculean task.

Federal Judge Questions Obama's License to Kill While Upholding His Right to Keep Its Legal Rationale a Secret
http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/03/federal-judge-questions-obamas-license-t