PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron Paul Never Fit in on Capitol Hill

stu2002
01-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Gary North

Reality Check (Jan. 3, 2013)

This evening, Ron Paul will no longer be a member of Congress.

It has happened before. At the end of this day in January 1977 he was no longer a member of Congress. He had lost by 268 votes out of over 180,000. At the end of this day in 1985, he was no longer a member of Congress. He had resigned to run for the Senate. He did not get the nomination.

Twice he came back. There will not be a third time. He has other fish to catch.

I was on his staff in 1976. I saw Congress close-up. Once was enough. I explained why in 1977: "Confessions of a Washington Reject."

Ron Paul never fit in on Capitol Hill. There are reasons for this. Four reasons.

THE BIG FOUR

The ruling triumvirate on Capitol Hill are the same as in every other political capital in history: money, sex, and power. But there is one more: booze.

The problem is, these four are almost universal in their appeal. In what way is Congress different?

Because power is the biggie. If you get power, you can get the others.

The phrase "money, sex, and power" reflects a commercial sequence, not political. It is more Wall Street than Capitol Hill.

http://www.garynorth.com/public/10507.cfm

stu2002
01-03-2013, 08:42 AM
bump

Czolgosz
01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Nothing ground breaking in that list. Ron is too high a quality person to ever fit in w/ people who wish they were good looking enough to be actors in front of a camera.