PDA

View Full Version : Benton: 'I've never been more proud of a boss than I am of Senator McConnell right now.'

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 02:35 AM
More of the 'master plan' of achieving liberty from Ron Paul Inc. at work:

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/01/jesse-benton-could-never-be-more-proud.html

After Mitch McConnell put together the Senate "fiscal cliff" bill that raised taxes for just about everyone, but gave $76 billion in tax breaks to a combination of Hollywood cronies and regular corporate cronies, Jesse Benton is out with a fundraising email for the "leadership" provided by McConnell during the fiscal cliff negotiations.

Here is the entire fundraising email. It did not come from The Onion. It is from Jesse "No Shame: Benton coming out just hours after Congress passed the "fiscal cliff" bill that will result in a paycheck reduction for just about everyone (except the cronies):
Subject: Score one for the good guys

Dear Patriot,

I have had the honor of working for some leaders I could really be proud to stand with. And let me tell you, I have never been more proud of a boss than I am of Senator McConnell right now.

Let me tell you why.

When Barack Obama won re-election in November, Obama decided he was willing to force the country off the fiscal cliff to push through his agenda. The result would be the largest tax increase in American history.

Unless Congress took action, everyone’s taxes were going up January 1st, big time. Middle class families across Kentucky and our country would have seen their first paychecks on January 15th literally hundreds of dollars smaller due to new federal income tax withholding.

I don’t know about you, but as a middle class working man raising a young family, I can ill afford Barack Obama reaching deeper into my pockets, and I’ll bet just about every Kentuckian feels the same way.

In the end, there is only one reason why Kentucky taxpayers avoided these tax hikes: Senator Mitch McConnell.

For two months, well-intentioned allies in the fight for smaller government attempted to thwart President Obama’s plan. But it wasn’t until Leader McConnell took the reins that real progress was made. He showed the strong, disciplined and savvy leadership that only he can provide. And, in the end, he ensured that over 99% percent of Kentuckians will not pay higher income taxes.

What’s also important to know is that he has put us on strong footing in the fight to cut spending.

You see, the fiscal cliff was a two-part problem, one of both taxes and spending. Leader McConnell wisely separated the two to put us on stronger footing in both. First he fought off President Obama’s tax hikes for as many Kentuckians as he could.

Now comes part two.

In order to keep spending, Congress must raise the federal debt limit in two months. Through his leadership, Senator McConnell has not only ensured that your taxes will not go up, he has taken the threat of income tax hikes totally off table for debt limit negotiations. Now, President Obama and his allies will not be able to threaten every American with higher taxes as we fight for spending restraint and entitlement reform.

And let me tell you, I know Senator McConnell will be as rock solid and resolute in that fight as he was in protecting our paychecks.

Senator McConnell is a special leader and we can all be proud of what he just did for us. I hope you will stand with him now and in the coming months. If you are able, please help with a contribution of $50, $100, $250 or even $500 today.

If we come together and stand with Leader McConnell, we can get this country back on track. So, make sure to forward this email to your friends and neighbors to let them know that Mitch McConnell just saved their paychecks. Help us spread the word Facebook and Twitter. And please, if you can, help us with your generous contribution right away.

Thank you,

Jesse Benton
Campaign Manager
McConnell for Senate 2014

All I can say is thank God we have Jesse Benton and Mitch McConnell working tirelessly on behalf of the American taxpayer! Keep up the good work, guys!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 02:38 AM
The joke is on anyone who thinks Benton ever created anything. He's probably smarter than that. McConnell maybe not.

rp08orbust
01-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Absolutely disgusting.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 02:42 AM
The joke is on anyone who thinks Benton ever created anything. He's probably smarter than that. McConnell maybe not.

Benton's creating a way for sycophants to make a living for themselves from the legacy of Ron Paul, and that is unfortunately what is most important for the opportunistic snake-in-the-grass wing of the freedom movement.

kathy88
01-03-2013, 02:43 AM
Dear PATRIOT? What a lunatic.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Benton's creating a way for sycophants to make a living for themselves from the legacy of Ron Paul, and that is unfortunately what is most important for the opportunistic snake-in-the-grass wing of the freedom movement.

Benton's old news. They'll spit him out when they figure out he doesn't have magical powers.

Occam's Banana
01-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Tom Woods has a few words to say about the matter: http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/benton-never-prouder-of-a-boss-than-of-mcconnell-today/

TW has a very good point - whatever one thinks about Benton, his shameless smarminess in this instance is more than a little ugsome.

Jesse Benton, former Ron Paul campaign chairman and current head of the Mitch McConnell re-election campaign, writes (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/01/jesse-benton-could-never-be-more-proud.html) in the wake of the fiscal cliff debacle: “I have never been more proud of a boss than I am of Senator McConnell right now.”

This is the second or third time I have mentioned Benton in a negative light on my site. That would be about 0.00000001% of all my posts. This will still anger some people. Why, Woods is so divisive! It is not divisive, evidently, to say McConnell’s crummy deal is a prouder moment for America than anything Ron Paul ever said or did.

Expatriate
01-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Benton's old news. They'll spit him out when they figure out he doesn't have magical powers.

Hah, right. Some people still believe Ron Paul's popularity was due to some top-secret campaign voodoo pulled off by his staff.

BucksforPaul
01-03-2013, 03:48 AM
In before the fake conservatives show up here trying to defend this good for nothing. That is the nicest thing I could say about this snake.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 03:50 AM
Hah, right. Some people still believe Ron Paul's popularity was due to some top-secret campaign voodoo pulled off by his staff.

Dipshits, but congress is well represented in that category.

This is also in Rand Paul's state. Regular people are nowhere near this stupid.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 03:53 AM
This is the second or third time I have mentioned Benton in a negative light on my site.

So he's telling us he missed a bunch of things? Or what?

Occam's Banana
01-03-2013, 04:07 AM
So he's telling us he missed a bunch of things? Or what?

No. He's telling us that he has gone out of his way to avoid "stirring shit up" - I strongly suspect he could have let Benton et al. have it with both barrels if he really wanted to.

He has nevertheless caught a lot of flak from people who are/were pissed that he had the temerity to (relatively gently) chide Benton & the campaign during primary season.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-03-2013, 04:45 AM

Benton does have magical powers. He took the 2012 presidential campaign that raised the second-most money of all the GOP campaigns, and won an impressive zero states.

itshappening
01-03-2013, 04:47 AM
Benton will do anything for a paycheck and to advance his career. He does not represent the liberty movement.

That said the liberty movement does need to hire professional political hit-men like Benton, sadly enough.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Benton will do anything for a paycheck and to advance his career. He does not represent the liberty movement.

That said the liberty movement does need to hire professional political hit-men like Benton, sadly enough.

Better ones, then. I suppose I also went out of my way to not be too critical of Benton during the campaign, but he seemed to be regularly undermining morale or homegrown efforts. At some point, it started to become hard to deny.

Antischism
01-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Fuck this guy.

tangent4ronpaul
01-03-2013, 05:25 AM
VOMIT!!! - WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

-t

compromise
01-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Benton is in some aspects good for us. Massie said he hasn't received any criticism for being a Ron Paul guy because McConnell hiring Benton has legitimized the Ron Paul movement in the eyes of some Republicans.

ghengis86
01-03-2013, 05:29 AM
Benton is in some aspects good for us. Massie said he hasn't received any criticism for being a Ron Paul guy because McConnell hiring Benton has legitimized the Ron Paul movement in the eyes of some Republicans.

Legitimized = can be a useful tool for the Party

kathy88
01-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Benton is in some aspects good for us. Massie said he hasn't received any criticism for being a Ron Paul guy because McConnell hiring Benton has legitimized the Ron Paul movement in the eyes of some Republicans.I would rather be illegitimate.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 05:48 AM
I would rather be illegitimate.

If you want to beat McConnell and Benton for that trophy, you're gonna have to try a whole lot harder.

compromise
01-03-2013, 07:09 AM
You'd rather have those guys hate our guys? Our guys have to work with them.

kathy88
01-03-2013, 07:11 AM
You'd rather have those guys hate our guys? Our guys have to work with them.you're new here aren't you?

compromise
01-03-2013, 07:23 AM
you're new here aren't you?
Clearly, you can see my join date to the left of this post. But how exactly does that matter?

Amash got a lot of trash talk from his fellow Republicans for being a Ron Paul guy. One of them even called him a terrorist. Isn't it good that the 2012 freshmen aren't receiving the same treatment?

LibertyEagle
01-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Clearly, you can see my join date to the left of this post. But how exactly does that matter?

Amash got a lot of trash talk from his fellow Republicans for being a Ron Paul guy. One of them even called him a terrorist. Isn't it good that the 2012 freshmen aren't receiving the same treatment?

Yes. Yes, it is. But, some prefer that our candidates are hated. It's strange, isn't it.

LibertyEagle
01-03-2013, 07:35 AM
No. He's telling us that he has gone out of his way to avoid "stirring shit up" - I strongly suspect he could have let Benton et al. have it with both barrels if he really wanted to.
Yeah, right. A person who would VERY PUBLICLY slam Ron Paul's campaign while it was going on, I'm sorry, is not a friend of Ron Paul or this movement. He damn well knew that it would do harm. IF and I mean a huge IF, he wanted to get his viewpoints to Ron Paul, he could have done so privately.

He has nevertheless caught a lot of flak from people who are/were pissed that he had the temerity to (relatively gently) chide Benton & the campaign during primary season.
Calling Benton out for this letter is one thing, but doing the aforementioned during an active campaign and more recently spreading hearsay without doing one iota of fact-checking, is another.

I have lost a great deal of respect for him. But, on this letter I wholeheartedly agree with him.

TonySutton
01-03-2013, 07:38 AM
I guess Benton didn't read the bill since it DID raise taxes on EVERYONE by not extending the payroll tax break.

BucksforPaul
01-03-2013, 07:44 AM
I love it how the apologists have completely changed the subject from Benton being more proud of McConnell's shitty plan while completely forgetting about Dr. Paul and all of his accomplishments. And it is laughable to think that folks like Massie are being accepted because a Neo-Nazi hired the over paid Benton. Have the fake conservatives here thought that maybe the current freshmen are being accepted because our movement has grown by leaps and bounds if compared to 2008? Lol at the compromising and pandering to the traitors who are ruining this country.

sirgonzo420
01-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Jesse Benton is the best thing to ever happen to Liberty.

A god amongst men, he is!

Brett85
01-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Well, he's correct that the deal McConnell struck saved millions of Americans from paying hundreds more to the government in their next paycheck.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 10:21 AM
you're new here aren't you?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kathy88 again.

Her point is that those guys already hate anyone we'd support, and they always have.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, right. A person who would VERY PUBLICLY slam Ron Paul's campaign while it was going on, I'm sorry, is not a friend of Ron Paul or this movement.

Wasn't it at the end of Ron's campaign that Tom Woods trashed Benton?

After Rand endorsed Romney if I remember correct.

trey4sports
01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
wow. I just really that things arent as superficial as they seem and that he is really doing this for the main purpose of building bridges for Rand in '16.

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Jesse is taking one for the team, to get embedded so that Rand will have a better chance in 2016

compromise
01-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I love it how the apologists have completely changed the subject from Benton being more proud of McConnell's shitty plan while completely forgetting about Dr. Paul and all of his accomplishments. And it is laughable to think that folks like Massie are being accepted because a Neo-Nazi hired the over paid Benton. Have the fake conservatives here thought that maybe the current freshmen are being accepted because our movement has grown by leaps and bounds if compared to 2008? Lol at the compromising and pandering to the traitors who are ruining this country.

It's not me who originally said that. Massie did, on multiple occasions. If you don't agree with his view, take it up with him.

Keith and stuff
01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
In order to keep spending, Congress must raise the federal debt limit in two months. Through his leadership, Senator McConnell has not only ensured that your taxes will not go up, he has taken the threat of income tax hikes totally off table for debt limit negotiations. Now, President Obama and his allies will not be able to threaten every American with higher taxes as we fight for spending restraint and entitlement reform.

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. I thought allowing taxes to increase for the wealthy was the main bargaining chip that Republicans had. Taxes increased for the wealthy (income, capital gains) and SS taxes increased for everyone. Plus, all of the ObamaCare taxes are rolling out. Obama got almost all of the tax increases he wanted. Now, what do the Republican have to bargain with? if the GOP doesn't allow the debt ceiling to increase, it will be blamed for the government shutting down and doesn't stand to gain any tax cuts, just slight entitlement reforms. Maybe Jesse has it backwards?

green73
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Jesse is taking one for the team, to get embedded so that Rand will have a better chance in 2016

Nice choice of words, Jesse.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. I thought allowing taxes to increase for the wealthy was the main bargaining chip that Republicans had. Taxes increased for the wealthy (income, capital gains) and SS taxes increased for everyone. Plus, all of the ObamaCare taxes are rolling out. Obama got almost all of the tax increases he wanted. Now, what do the Republican have to bargain with? if the GOP doesn't allow the debt ceiling to increase, it will be blamed for the government shutting down and doesn't stand to gain any tax cuts, just slight entitlement reforms. Maybe Jesse has it backwards?

I don't remember there ever being a meaningful "debt ceiling." The two words together kind of indicate a fixed level somewhere, not one that constantly floats upward.

Matt McGuire
01-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Does anyone think that if McConnell loses, Rand would still hire Jesse for 2016?
If not, then a primary challenge to Mitch would have an even bigger reward.

brandon
01-03-2013, 10:51 AM
I guess Benton didn't read the bill since it DID raise taxes on EVERYONE by not extending the payroll tax break.

Yep. But it's capped at around 100k of income, so it won't really effect the rich much at all. It mostly just targets the middle class and poor.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Unproductive, possibly counter productive. Dont like Jesses words or actions? Run for office yourselves.

VBRonPaulFan
01-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Nobody knows who Jesse Benton is besides the hardcore Ron Paul fans. I'd be shocked if anyone is going to vote Mcconnell just because Benton is running his campaign. I could care less what kind of drivel he is sending out for Mcconnel - and you guys shouldn't either.

Dystopian
01-03-2013, 11:08 AM
McConnell/Benton 2016!!!

jtstellar
01-03-2013, 11:10 AM
why are you guys acting like he's the sole reason we lost or something? do you have no bigger fish to fry? get a life or get a job thx, if you have no bigger political goal to turn your future attention to. next time demand more background info on any campaign running on their staff, for example, would be one positive instance you can talk about. always turn your experience into something more fruitful, productive. right now i just see a bunch of teeny stink idiots whining

akforme
01-03-2013, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the laugh, that was funny.

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_pSCCzuU4Y

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 11:12 AM

What does spinning for McConnel do for Rand Paul?

And which team?

Are you trying to say that Benton steered his career down the neocon path so they'd have one more incompetent campaign manager and we'd have one less? If so, just spit it out!

Koz
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
This is totally disgusting.

ninepointfive
01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
why are you guys acting like he's the sole reason we lost or something? do you have no bigger fish to fry? get a life or get a job thx, if you have no bigger political goal to turn your future attention to. next time demand more background info on any campaign running on their staff, for example, would be one positive instance you can talk about. always turn your experience into something more fruitful, productive. right now i just see a bunch of teeny stink idiots whining

Some of the big reasons are that a lot of us want to expose the Benedict Arnolds of, "the liberty movement" for who they are, and thus place time, money, and positive energy towards other outlets than into Ron Paul Inc..

specsaregood
01-03-2013, 11:19 AM
LOL Jesse, you be trolling.

Dystopian
01-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I can't wait for the Rand Paul 2016 moneybombs to start, so we can start working towards buying Benton an even bigger mansion. I think this tireless liberty crusader needs a yacht as well.

angelatc
01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, he's correct that the deal McConnell struck saved millions of Americans from paying hundreds more to the government in their next paycheck.

Really? Millions of Americans would have paid hundreds out of their very next paycheck?

Most Americans would have paid a few dollars more (not hundreds!) in their next paycheck, and had it refunded next January anyway. The biggest hits were in the estate tax and capital gains tax.

I remember beig a working stiff and getting the tax cuts - it wasn't enough to matter very much.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Well...Jesse Benton is a stupid head.

CONFIRMED

erowe1
01-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Dondero comes to mind.

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
How does McConnell's "deal" jibe with what Ron Paul has to say about the 'fiscal' cliff?

"While the media played up the drama of the down-to-the-wire negotiations, there was never any real chance that a deal would not be worked out. It was just drama. That is how Washington operates. As it happened, a small handful of Congressional and Administration leaders gathered in the dark of the night behind closed doors to hammer out a deal that would be shoved down the throats of Members whose constituents had been told repeatedly that the world would end if this miniscule decrease in the rate of government spending was allowed to go through."

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/national-blog/we-are-already-over-the-fiscal-cliff/

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
What does spinning for McConnel do for Rand Paul?Well, I know a lot of people in the liberty movement have a problem with this, because it's not exactly intuitive.

So allow me to explain...

Working for Mitch, Jesse gets access to all of Mitch's lists. He gets access to all of his fundraisers. He gets access to all of his big donors. He gets close to Mitch himself. Even if Mitch doesn't endorse Rand for President (I'm betting that he will) the access to these insiders is huge regardless of whether or not we like it. This will give Rand a tremendous advantage in 2016. And, if Mitch openly endorsed Rand then he could possibly be considered the most likely candidate for victory.

It's not something that I would personally do, I couldn't stomach it. It's dirty work, but someone has to do it, and sometimes winning involves doing things that are unpleasant. Jesse takes a lot of heat for things that are necessecary but unpopular.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Rand has had enough time in the Senate to prove he can't be bought. Therefore, McConnell's owners (renters?) won't be wasting their money on him. Unless, of course, I'm wrong about Rand Paul, in which case Benton (as I said) isn't 'taking one' and isn't on 'the team'.

kathy88
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Well, I know a lot of people in the liberty movement have a problem with this, because it's not exactly intuitive.

Working for Mitch, Jesse gets access to all of Mitch's lists. He gets access to all of his fundraisers. He gets access to all of his big donors. He gets close to Mitch himself. Even if Mitch doesn't endorse Rand for President (I'm betting that he will) the access to these insiders is huge regardless of whether or not we like it. This will give Rand a tremendous advantage in 2016. And, if Mitch openly endorsed Rand then he could possibly be considered the most likely candidate for victory.

It's not something that I would personally do, I couldn't stomach it. It's dirty work, but someone has to do it, and sometimes winning involves doing things that are unpleasant. Jesse takes a lot of heat for things that are necessecary but unpopular.

Once you go down that road you never come back. And if you think Benton is exempt from the history of countless others that have done so you are the worst kind of troll we have here.

sirgonzo420
01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Well, I know a lot of people in the liberty movement have a problem with this, because it's not exactly intuitive.

Do you not think that Jesse loves what he is doing?

ninepointfive
01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Even if Mitch doesn't endorse Rand for President (I'm betting that he will) the access to these insiders is huge regardless of whether or not we like it. This will give Rand a tremendous advantage in 2016.

How are you so sure the insiders will align with Rand? The "insiders" with money and influence have historically been on team neocon.

Ron built this movement with his unwavering principles. I don't think Jesse understands this is the foundation.

Anti Federalist
01-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Yes. Yes, it is. But, some prefer that our candidates are hated. It's strange, isn't it.

Being hated and despised by the DC establishment is like a badge of honor.

It indicates to me that you are doing everything right.

Occam's Banana
01-03-2013, 12:42 PM
How does McConnell's "deal" jibe with what Ron Paul has to say about the 'fiscal' cliff?

Shhhhhhh! You're gonna blow Jesse's cover!

Romulus
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
jesse who?

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Jesse is taking one for the team, to get embedded so that Rand will have a better chance in 2016:rolleyes:

erowe1
01-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Well, I know a lot of people in the liberty movement have a problem with this

Cut the crap.

This is one of my pet peeves, when people use the label "libertarian" to marginalize people.

The people who have a problem with this aren't confined to some little liberty movement. Every single American has a problem with it with the exception of a few left-wing extremists like Benton.

The reason McConnell made this deal wasn't to keep taxes from going up. It was to keep spending from going down.

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 01:13 PM

It's not something that I would personally do, I couldn't stomach it. It's dirty work, but someone has to do it, and sometimes winning involves doing things that are unpleasant. Jesse takes a lot of heat for things that are necessecary but unpopular.Maybe that's why he worked for Ron...to get access to all of Ron's lists, fundraisers, etc. So he could move further up the chain with the establishment types. Ever think of it that way?

Lucille
01-03-2013, 01:15 PM
... Jesse takes a lot of heat for things that are necessecary but unpopular.

"I've never been more proud of a boss than I am of Senator McConnell right now."

^ How was that necessary again?

"I've never been more proud of Senator McConnell than I am right now."

See how easy that was? But then again, I'm not trying to shamelessly ingratiate myself to the neo-Trot establishment by indirectly slamming my former boss and grandpa-in-law.

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Being hated and despised by the DC establishment is like a badge of honor.

It indicates to me that you are doing everything right.+rep. Some people just refuse to understand this.

Spikender
01-03-2013, 01:17 PM
What does spinning for McConnel do for Rand Paul?

And which team?

Are you trying to say that Benton steered his career down the neocon path so they'd have one more incompetent campaign manager and we'd have one less? If so, just spit it out!

Jesus I just spit my drink everywhere. How can politics be so depressing yet so damn hilarious at the same time?

I can't help agree with Anti-Fed on this one though. Being liked by the establishment is usually a sign that someone is not an ally of the liberty movement.

dannno
01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Maybe that's why he worked for Ron...to get access to all of Ron's lists, fundraisers, etc. So he could move further up the chain with the establishment types. Ever think of it that way?

I have no idea what Benton's real motivations are, I've never met the guy. I find many of his statements and actions deplorable. I could be wrong in saying this, however, Matt could be completely right. Benton could be doing all this. And Rand, or just Rand and maybe Benton has jumped shark, it's hard to say. After all, in reality what good is a list of Ron Paul supporters to the establishment politicians? Benton could pretend it's an important list, or he could pretend that he had a big hand in helping to compile it (when it reality the maker of meetup.com who never had anything to do with the movement probably had more to do with compiling such a massive list).

Anyways, every time Rand or Benton does something that doesn't make sense to me, I remember this video and things begin falling into place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1-0o0cSw24

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
what good is a list of Ron Paul supporters to the establishment politicians?To divide the movement, of course. They can use the lists to send targeted messages to members of the liberty movement to get us on their side. From what I'm seeing, it wouldn't take much to bamboozle some of us here.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Thanks for killing the dream that Rand Paul wouldn't think that third time's the charm with Benton.

erowe1
01-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks for killing the dream that Rand Paul wouldn't think that third time's the charm with Benton.

That dream is still alive. Collins' opinion about it counts for as much as it ever has.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 01:58 PM

It is an entertaining notion. Only thing is, McConnell doesn't have any grass roots to poison. So, I don't know what Benton can do to him. Except, of course, refusing to return calls to the press...

itshappening
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Benton married into the family. Very clever.

We could really do without him sabotaging Rand Paul's presidential campaign and using it as a stepping stone and his next paycheck after McConnell's election.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Benton married into the family. Very clever.

We could really do without him sabotaging Rand Paul's presidential campaign and using it as a stepping stone and his next paycheck after McConnell's election.

Actually, the Paul family married into the Benton family. The Paul family is working with the Bentons to vaporize the liberty movement! Cant you see it?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Nobody knows who Jesse Benton is besides the hardcore Ron Paul fans. I'd be shocked if anyone is going to vote Mcconnell just because Benton is running his campaign. I could care less what kind of drivel he is sending out for Mcconnel - and you guys shouldn't either.

It's the hypocrisy of Benton and the stupidity of McConnell that entertains us. That's what makes this funny.

It's not whining. It's the idea that Benton was valuable to Paul's campaign that makes idiots like McConnell hire him. We all know otherwise. It's poking fun at dummies. Benton will do little or nothing to add to his support, but likely claimed all sorts achievements. McConnell being stupid and wasting money = funny.

ninepointfive
01-03-2013, 03:13 PM
It's the hypocrisy of Benton and the stupidity of McConnell that entertains us. That's what makes this funny.

If only liberty and freedom were laughing matters. Many of us were involved in this campaign because this is life and death. It's the legacy of the founding fathers. It's about our legacy as human beings who live in freedom vs tyranny.

We trusted certain people politically to carry that banner in that arena.

01-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Some of you are unbelievable. McConnell and Benton are right, even if you don't like them.

The Democrats got their tax increase on the wealthiest 1%, many of whom were on record as happy to pay.

Now the Democrats have to deal with spending cuts, since the tax increase they got will not even put a dent in the deficit.

Everything will work out in the end, you all need to chill out.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 03:24 PM
If only liberty and freedom were laughing matters. Many of us were involved in this campaign because this is life and death. It's the legacy of the founding fathers. It's about our legacy as human beings who live in freedom vs tyranny.

We trusted certain people politically to carry that banner in that arena.

YOU trusted those people. Own it. If there's a useful exercise or learning experience here, it would be a willingness to tell the truth. Or at least recognize it after the fact.

Of course the overall concepts aren't laughing matters, but Benton's new job is not something we will affect.

I've been involved in "this campaign" for about 15 years now. If you want to worry about Benton and the dinosaur, go ahead. They'll both soon disappear.

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Some of you are unbelievable. McConnell and Benton are right, even if you don't like them.

The Democrats got their tax increase on the wealthiest 1%, many of whom were on record as happy to pay.

Now the Democrats have to deal with spending cuts, since the tax increase they got will not even put a dent in the deficit.

So, you are saying Ron Paul is wrong in his assertion of this 'deal?' Interesting.

erowe1
01-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Uh no. If they had not made this deal there would have been automatic sizable spending cuts, including to the Department of War. Now there won't be.

Peace Piper
01-03-2013, 03:30 PM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3118/donkey211sm.jpg
Jessie Benton hard at work at his new "job"
"How come no one returns my calls anymore?"

01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Uh no. If they had not made this deal there would have been automatic sizable spending cuts, including to the Department of War. Now there won't be.

Along with tax increases on the middle and upper middle class. You conviently didn't mention that.

Now the Democrats get their tax on the rich, who mostly don't mind paying, but average people's taxes don't go up.

When taxing the rich doesn't work, and it won't, the Democrats own it and will be forced to look at spending cuts.

sailingaway
01-03-2013, 03:47 PM
please quit attributing all acts of ex employees to 'Ron Paul Inc'. I see Ron no where in this.

sailingaway
01-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Along with tax increases on the middle and upper middle class. You conviently didn't mention that.

Yeah. If the taxes had been alone, I think Ron would have voted for it. He has never voted for unconstitutional spending though, so that would have made it difficult

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 03:48 PM

"The last minute “deal” was the worst of both worlds: higher taxes on nearly all Americans now and a promise to revisit these modest reductions in spending growth two months down the road. We were here before, when in 2011 Republicans demanded these automatic modest decreases in government growth down the road in exchange for a massive increase in the debt ceiling. As the time drew closer, both parties clamored to avoid even these modest moves." Ron Paul.

Did Ron get it wrong?

Brett85
01-03-2013, 03:49 PM

It looks like you and I are the only people on these forums who have that position. This was obviously a bad bill, but to vote against it still would've been exactly the same as voting for a massive income tax increase on every single American.

sailingaway
01-03-2013, 03:52 PM
"The last minute “deal” was the worst of both worlds: higher taxes on nearly all Americans now and a promise to revisit these modest reductions in spending growth two months down the road. We were here before, when in 2011 Republicans demanded these automatic modest decreases in government growth down the road in exchange for a massive increase in the debt ceiling. As the time drew closer, both parties clamored to avoid even these modest moves." Ron Paul.

Did Ron get it wrong?

I think Ron edited, didn't write that piece from what it said about 'the deal' letting taxes go up. It is true it did,by not STOPPING MORE automatically raising taxes. they go up on 70% because the payroll tax holiday expires. The tax piece was how much of the Bush tax cuts would NOT automatically expire. With no deal all of the cuts would have expired. Faced with a 'cleaner' bill of that sort previously, Ron voted for it saying he wants as few taxes as possible. He would rather exptend the Bush tax cuts for all, but would rather cut for some than cut for none if they will automatically go up otherwise. But there was also a lot of unconstitutional spending in the bill. On reflection, I can't see him being able to vote for that spending.

Brett85
01-03-2013, 03:52 PM

Did Ron get it wrong?

What Ron got wrong there is when he made it sound like this deal actually raised taxes. It didn't. Tax rates for every single American went up automatically on December 31st when all of the tax cuts expired. This bill simply re-instated the income tax cuts for 99% of Americans, making it technically a tax cut.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/01/grover-norquist-vote-for-deal-is-vote-to-cut-taxes/

sailingaway
01-03-2013, 03:57 PM
What Ron got wrong there is when he made it sound like this deal actually raised taxes. It didn't. Tax rates for every single American went up automatically on December 31st when all of the tax cuts expired. This bill simply re-instated the income tax cuts for 99% of Americans, making it technically a tax cut.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/01/grover-norquist-vote-for-deal-is-vote-to-cut-taxes/

HIS piece didn't actually SAY it raised taxes, it said the rising taxes were a consequence of the 'deal' -- the deal being not to cut more, but other things definitely said incorrectly that the bill itself raised them.

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 03:58 PM

Yeah, I'll definitely look to Grover Norquist for economic wisdom over that of Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

Brett85
01-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I'll definitely look to Grover Norquist for economic wisdom over that of Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

Well, it's just factually incorrect to say that this bill raised taxes. Maybe that isn't what Ron meant, but those who are actually claiming that this bill raised taxes are factually incorrect. If you're opposed to this bill because of the spending increases, that's very understandable. However, people should be honest about what the bill actually does.

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Well, it's just factually incorrect to say that this bill raised taxes. Maybe that isn't what Ron meant, but those who are actually claiming that this bill raised taxes are factually incorrect. If you're opposed to this bill because of the spending increases, that's very understandable. However, people should be honest about what the bill actually does.

Yet, taxes were raised regardless. The Social Security payroll tax expired and so taxes ARE going up. Regardless of the bill. The Republicans and the Democrats raised taxes on everyone. And, now, have everyone haggling on how much they were saved by the bill. It's ridiculous to give any defense to this 'compromise.'

Brett85
01-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Yet, taxes were raised regardless. The Social Security payroll tax expired and so taxes ARE going up. Regardless of the bill. The Republicans and the Democrats raised taxes on everyone.

President Bush essentially caused a tax increase on everyone when he passed tax cuts that were only temporary.

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 04:14 PM

Everything will work out in the end, you all need to chill out.How many times do you think we're going to fall for this?

brandon
01-03-2013, 04:15 PM
President Bush essentially caused a tax increase on everyone when he passed tax cuts that were only temporary.

It was actually Obama who signed the SS payroll tax cut into law.

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
We could really do without him sabotaging Rand Paul's presidential campaign and using it as a stepping stone and his next paycheck after McConnell's election.Jesse doesn't need the money, and he hasn't sabotaged anything. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 04:19 PM
^ How was that necessary again?

"I've never been more proud of Senator McConnell than I am right now."

See how easy that was? But then again, I'm not trying to shamelessly ingratiate myself to the neo-Trot establishment by indirectly slamming my former boss and grandpa-in-law.There is a good chance he didn't write it, a copywriter did.

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Maybe that's why he worked for Ron...to get access to all of Ron's lists, fundraisers, etc. So he could move further up the chain with the establishment types. Ever think of it that way?Uhh, no, good try though. He was with Ron before he worked for Mitch.

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
How are you so sure the insiders will align with Rand? The "insiders" with money and influence have historically been on team neocon. And that's what Jesse's job will likely be, to get them to align with Rand. Since he will have gained their trust by working with Mitch, it will be much easier for him to get them on board with Rand.

tangent4ronpaul
01-03-2013, 04:22 PM
FU Benton!

-t

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Rand has had enough time in the Senate to prove he can't be bought. Therefore, McConnell's owners (renters?) won't be wasting their money on him. Unless, of course, I'm wrong about Rand Paul, in which case Benton (as I said) isn't 'taking one' and isn't on 'the team'.

Read this - http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white

talkingpointes
01-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Benton should be proof positive on why we don't want any part of "stealth" or the "compromised" strategy. One could easily argue Benton is making waves for us in the coming years. ROFLMAO.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Read this - http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white

I'm not clicking that. Do you own that site or something? If you have something intelligent to say, say it.

Does 'read between the lines' mean anything to you? Particularly in reference to the Boy Scout salute?

And since when does a campaign manager have anything at all to do with other members of the legislative body of which the campaigner is a member (or to which he aspires)? Do you seriously think we're stupid enough to believe that the guy got himself a job as an electrician so he could fix the plumbing? Talk about fallacies and fail.

You know what the sad part is? I might actually like you if you didn't insult my intelligence daily.

Brett85
01-03-2013, 04:32 PM

There are no spending cuts in the sequester, only reductions in the rate of increase. Also, this deal didn't cancel the sequester. It only postponed it for two months.

Occam's Banana
01-03-2013, 04:36 PM
And that's what Jesse's job will likely be, to get them to align with Rand. Since he will have gained their trust by working with Mitch, it will be much easier for him to get them on board with Rand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4

AGRP
01-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Jesse doesn't need the money, and he hasn't sabotaged anything. :rolleyes:
Its about power. Didnt you see jack hunter attack we are change when they asked him about bilderberg? Wake up. Ron Paul inc. is part of the nwo.

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Ron Paul inc. is part of the nwo.lolz, you're not serious, right? :rolleyes:

Feeding the Abscess
01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Cut the crap.

This is one of my pet peeves, when people use the label "libertarian" to marginalize people.

The people who have a problem with this aren't confined to some little liberty movement. Every single American has a problem with it with the exception of a few left-wing extremists like Benton.

The reason McConnell made this deal wasn't to keep taxes from going up. It was to keep spending from going down.

Yeah, the idiots at RedState and other GOP hubs, the ones Rand constantly is trying to attract, are (rightfully) pissed at McConnell.

And Rand and co are lovingly embracing McConnell.

talkingpointes
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Double.

talkingpointes
01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
http://manoflittlefaith.blogspot.ca/2012/12/how-ron-paul-sold-out.html

Ouch, posted three days ago.

Deborah K
01-03-2013, 04:57 PM

I would rather be a fringe element. hah.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah, the idiots at RedState and other GOP hubs, the ones Rand constantly is trying to attract, are (rightfully) pissed at McConnell.

That's the trouble with listening to Collinz and others who say, 'go with what works'--the establishment is discrediting the living hell out of itself every single day. And we're pointing that out to people every chance we get. When you aim at a moving target, you had better think ahead.

Feeding the Abscess
01-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah, right. A person who would VERY PUBLICLY slam Ron Paul's campaign while it was going on, I'm sorry, is not a friend of Ron Paul or this movement. He damn well knew that it would do harm. IF and I mean a huge IF, he wanted to get his viewpoints to Ron Paul, he could have done so privately.

Calling Benton out for this letter is one thing, but doing the aforementioned during an active campaign and more recently spreading hearsay without doing one iota of fact-checking, is another.

I have lost a great deal of respect for him. But, on this letter I wholeheartedly agree with him.

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/the-ron-paul-moneybomb/

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/ron-paul-and-the-debate-some-friendly-suggestions/

This is the second time I've directly quoted you on this and provided these links. Most of these suggestions are ones the grassroots and campaign apologists here and elsewhere wanted to see. The openly critical post on Benton was made after Rand endorsed Romney, and also was posted weeks after the GOP convention.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 05:05 PM

We have to speak and pander to each other like were in an echo chamber. We cant allow GOP hubs to become exposed to what liberty is. We cant have people like Rand and Jesse swallow their pride to wonder to the other side so they can further spread the message. Rand selling out once in a while in order to gain big audiences to spread the message once in a while is wrong. Such actions are sacrilegious. The message of liberty is too precious to spread to other audiences.

Feeding the Abscess
01-03-2013, 05:07 PM
It was actually Obama who signed the SS payroll tax cut into law.

And Rand, Amash, and the rest of the Republican party opposed it.

Not Ron, of course. But that would be too much to ask for other alleged liberty politicians, to support the lessening of theft.

Feeding the Abscess
01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
We have to speak and pander to each other like were in an echo chamber. We cant allow GOP hubs to become exposed to what liberty is. We cant have people like Rand and Jesse swallow their pride to wonder to the other side so they can further spread the message. Rand selling out once in a while in order to gain big audiences to spread the message once in a while is wrong. Such actions are sacrilegious. The message of liberty is too precious to spread to other audiences.

Speaking to them on their terms - ie, speaking in terms contradictory to the message - won't expose them to the message.

I was also pointing out that it's odd that Rand and company were all in with McConnell, when the very groups and people Rand is trying to attract are furious with McConnell.

itshappening
01-03-2013, 05:14 PM
you can be respectful to leadership and disagree with them, just don't try and overthrow them or antagonize them. That is not going to help us one bit.

Rand Paul is a U.S Senator and has just been assigned to the Committee on Foreign Relations, one of the most influential committee's in the country. He's doing a great job. Do you expect him to be on TV trashing McConnell - who hails from his own state - day after day? Get real.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 05:14 PM

Please try to become less of a jabbering incoherent buffoon before attempting a post next time. The only thing Jesse's been swallowing is fried foods as he worms his way into the Republican establishment. Alienating dedicated liberty-minded activists isn't the way to grow the movement regardless of whatever pathetic mental gymnastics people like you need to come up with to defend the disgusting behavior of people like Jesse Benton.

Its about power. Didnt you see jack hunter attack we are change when they asked him about bilderberg? Wake up. Ron Paul inc. is part of the nwo.

I did see Jack Hunter run away with his tail between his legs and cry to security like a total coward. Talk about being exposed.

itshappening
01-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Speaking to them on their terms - ie, speaking in terms contradictory to the message - won't expose them to the message.

I was also pointing out that it's odd that Rand and company were all in with McConnell, when the very groups and people Rand is trying to attract are furious with McConnell.

Of course they're furious with McConnell and I dont blame them but expecting a sitting U.S Senator from the same state to join in that chorus and publicly trash him is just ridiculous and is not what Rand is about. He never gets personal but he will give impassioned speeches to make his views known and he will also vote correctly and on principle.

Feeding the Abscess
01-03-2013, 05:16 PM
you can be respectful to leadership and disagree with them, just don't try and overthrow them or antagonize them. That is not going to help us one bit.

Rand Paul is a U.S Senator and has just been assigned to the Committee on Foreign Relations, one of the most influential committee's in the country. He's doing a great job. Do you expect him to be on TV trashing McConnell - who hails from his own state - day after day? Get real.

McConnell is an establishment gatekeeper - if we really wanted to make waves in 2016, what better way to start than to take out one of the establishment's titans in 2014?

And Rand doesn't have to go on TV and trash him, he can work quietly to get rid of McConnell. He certainly should not be attending McConnell fundraisers and publicly sucking up to him at every opportunity.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 05:16 PM
There is a good chance he didn't write it, a copywriter did.

The newsletter defense?

The guy has spent his whole career trying to deal with those newsletters, and you're trying to convince us he doesn't pay any attention to what is said in his name? Seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xERBJPiYjjA

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 05:17 PM
McConnell is an establishment gatekeeper - if we really wanted to make waves in 2016, what better way to start than to take out one of the establishment's titans in 2014?

You just do not understand the grand strategy! Rubbing elbows with McConnell + alienating dedicated supporters + hucking weight loss milkshakes = liberty. Anyone who doesn't agree is an unsophisticated boob.

01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
It looks like you and I are the only people on these forums who have that position. This was obviously a bad bill, but to vote against it still would've been exactly the same as voting for a massive income tax increase on every single American.

They are so blinded by their hate for Benton and McConnell they refuse to even admit it wasn't a bad choice. Not a great choice, but I'd rather not pay more taxes.

itshappening
01-03-2013, 05:20 PM
McConnell is a very powerful and influential Washington figure. Rand is not going to antagonize the beast, particularly when he's in the same state.

It's because of McConnell that Rand now sits on the influential Foreign Relations committee and it might be because of McConnell that Rand Paul wins the GOP nomination for president, you never know. But I do hope Benton isn't running the campaign.

If you want to bring him down go to Kentucky and try, there are people there who will no doubt try but it's very difficult and achieves little

01-03-2013, 05:24 PM
You just do not understand the grand strategy! Rubbing elbows with McConnell + alienating dedicated supporters + hucking weight loss milkshakes = liberty. Anyone who doesn't agree is an unsophisticated boob.

The weightloss thing rubs me the wrong way too fwiw. It's great they do it and make money for themseves, but I don't think it should be attachd to a political movement. Just like I don't think people should attach their conspiricies to a political movement. Both dilute the real message.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Just like I don't think people should attach their conspiricies to a political movement. Both dilute the real message.

That's what Nixon's reelection campaign were saying about Watergate in 1972. If people had failed to listen to that crap, we wouldn't have had the national embarassment of having a president resign in disgrace.

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
They are so blinded by their hate for Benton and McConnell they refuse to even admit it wasn't a bad choice. Not a great choice, but I'd rather not pay more taxes.

It's not 'hate for Benton and McConnell' that isn't keeping me from believing this GOP rhetoric. It's that it is rhetoric. Ron's right. "Bi-partisan" just means more of the same.

Pisces
01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
I think it's more important to get rid of Graham, McCain, Rubio and Ayotte. (And of course most of the Democrats need to go as well.) McConnell is not really all that ideological. When Rand, Jim Demint and Mike Lee came to Texas this past summer for a FreedomWorks event, they were asked about McConnell on a Tea Party radio show. They all pretty much said that his role in the Senate is mostly administrative and that the Republican Senate leadership is a reflection of the Republican caucus as a whole. Most of the GOP Senators are big spenders, therefore, leadership will tend to work for deals that they know their caucus will support.

That being said, I don't think Benton is helping McConnell with this letter.

01-03-2013, 05:36 PM
It's not 'hate for Benton and McConnell' that isn't keeping me from believing this GOP rhetoric. It's that it is rhetoric. Ron's right. "Bi-partisan" just means more of the same.

Well I think not having taxes increased on 99% of us is not rhetoric, it's progress but not perfection.

phill4paul
01-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Well I think not having taxes increased on 99% of us is not rhetoric, it's progress but not perfection.

Your taxes WILL be increased in 2013. It's the beginning of the year so it's a good place to start taking note. We'll revisit this thread next year same time. Let me know then if your taxes weren't increased.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Your taxes WILL be increased in 2013. It's the beginning of the year so it's a good place to start taking note. We'll revisit this thread next year same time. Let me know then if your taxes weren't increased.

No way, you just don't understand the genius of Mitch McConnell and what he has achieved for liberty. You should be glowing with pride like Jesse Benton, otherwise you're some type of fringe wackjob extremist.

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Uhh, no, good try though. He was with Ron before he worked for Mitch.So?

RonPaulFanInGA
01-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Uhh, no, good try though. He was with Ron before he worked for Mitch.

Dondero was with Ron Paul before he became the douche he is today.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 06:12 PM
We need to keep ourselves inside of an echo chamber and verbally attack anyone who ventures outside of it.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 06:15 PM
We need to keep ourselves inside of an echo chamber and verbally attack anyone who ventures outside of it.

Your problem is you consider toadies like Benton to be apart of the liberty movement. He's making a buck and doing everything he can to shit on grassroots activists to do it. Why are you such a fan of this type of behavior?

Matt Collins
01-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Dondero was with Ron Paul before he became the douche he is today.Jesse hasn't attacked Ron.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Jesse hasn't attacked Ron.

Therefore he's a top secret agent trying to win over establishment Republicans to libertarianism and steal McConnell's fund raising information for Rand Paul.

Your logic doesn't just leap. It rides catapults.

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
You just do not understand the grand strategy! Rubbing elbows with McConnell + alienating dedicated supporters + hucking weight loss milkshakes = liberty. Anyone who doesn't agree is an unsophisticated boob.I know! Damn, what is wrong with everyone who just doesn't get this!! :rolleyes:

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 06:21 PM
We need to keep ourselves inside of an echo chamber and verbally attack anyone who ventures outside of it.What we need to do is stay true to the principles of the Constitution and liberty. Stop being apologists for political figures when they don't stay true to the same.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Your problem is you consider toadies like Benton to be apart of the liberty movement. He's making a buck and doing everything he can to shit on grassroots activists to do it. Why are you such a fan of this type of behavior?

I agree with you. We need to spend all of our time verbally attacking these people. I bet benton is a member of bilderberg. His handlers mapped out members of the paul clan and trained benton to use his charm on the girls so he could marry into the family. Very clever.

itshappening
01-03-2013, 06:24 PM

I dont think anyone considers him part of the liberty movement. He's a paid political hack and I don't think he's a very good one either evidenced by the presidential campaigns.

I also think David Adams did more for Rand Paul and the liberty movement than Benton did in engineering the big primary win in Kentucky.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 06:24 PM
I agree with you. We need to spend time verbally attacking these people. I bet benton is a member of bilderberg. His handlers mapped out members of the paul clan and trained benton to use his charm on the girls so he could marry into the family. Very clever.

I doubt that a loatish oaf like Benton has that kind of political savvy. He's just a crud who's trying to get power and money from the liberty movement.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I doubt that a loatish oaf like Benton has that kind of political savvy. He's just a crud who's trying to get power and money from the liberty movement.

Exactly. Thats why he has handlers within the bilderberg group. What he lacks in political savvy he more than makes up with his charm. Thats why he was chosen by the nwo to go after the girls in the paul family so he could then vaporize the liberty movement.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Exactly. Thats why he has handlers within the bilderberg group. What he lacks in political savvy he more than makes up with his charm. Thats why he was chosen by the nwo to go after the girls in the paul family so he could then vaporize the liberty movement.

Maybe you're onto something. Benton no doubt would an easy person to buy. All the Bilderbergers would have to do is put a few ham hocks in front of him and he'd be on board.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 06:35 PM
I dont think anyone considers him part of the liberty movement. He's a paid political hack and I don't think he's a very good one either evidenced by the presidential campaigns.

I also think David Adams did more for Rand Paul and the liberty movement than Benton did in engineering the big primary win in Kentucky.

Exactly. Bilderberg is paying benton very nicely and thecollins admitted it in this thread. And how would thecollins know how much hes getting paid unless hes also a member of bilderberg? Im glad people are finally catching on.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Exactly. Bilderberg is paying benton very nicely and thecollins admitted it in this thread. And how would thecollins know how much hes getting paid unless hes also a member of bilderberg? Im glad people are finally catching on.

Don't be ridiculous. They'll string Collinz along, but they'll never give him a full membership. Then they'd have to give him a membership card and a secret decoder ring, and they know perfectly well he'd never, never, ever be able to resist showing his secret card and ring off to anyone and everyone.

LibertyEagle
01-03-2013, 06:43 PM

You aren't serious, are you?

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 06:48 PM
You aren't serious, are you?

How does one define satire? A lack of seriousness for a serious purpose, perhaps?

LibertyEagle
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM
How does one define satire? A lack of seriousness for a serious purpose, perhaps?

Never can tell. I've read some pretty wacky things on this website over the years.

acptulsa
01-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Never can tell. I've read some pretty wacky things on this website over the years.

So far, at least, I'd say this qualifies as the understatement of the year.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Maybe you're onto something. Benton no doubt would an easy person to buy. All the Bilderbergers would have to do is put a few ham hocks in front of him and he'd be on board.

The bilderbergs and nwo know fat people are automatically more funny than skinny or normal people. Anything they say is funny because they are fat. This is a well known law in the comedy industry and hollywood which is also a part of the nwo. His fat adds to his humor and thus charm which then attracts the girls of the paul clan. I agree with Itshappening: "Very clever."

kcchiefs6465
01-03-2013, 06:55 PM
The bilderbergs and nwo know fat people are automatically more funny than skinny or normal people. Anything they say is funny because they are fat. This is a well known law in the comedy industry and hollywood which is also a part of the nwo. His fat adds to his humor and thus charm which then attracts the girls of the paul clan. I agree with Itshappening: "Very clever."
Perhaps I should read the last 15 pages, hmm? I'll get back to this one once I do. Lol.

paulbot24
01-03-2013, 07:25 PM

That's right. Call me a bastard.

Brett85
01-03-2013, 07:28 PM

Killing the fiscal cliff bill wasn't going to prevent the payroll tax rate from going up. The only thing killing the bill would've accomplished is that not only would the payroll tax rate have gone up, but you also would've seen massive income tax increases for every single American, seen the capital gains tax go to 28%, and seen the estate tax go to 55% with a 1 million exemption.

kathy88
01-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Therefore he's a top secret agent trying to win over establishment Republicans to libertarianism and steal McConnell's fund raising information for Rand Paul.

Your logic doesn't just leap. It rides catapults.Trebuchets, even.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 07:34 PM
The strategy is just totally idiotic. Guys like McConnell are disgraced poison even within their own political party. Has a party establishment ever been hated more by its constituents than the Republican Party establishment is right now? What a terrible time to rub elbows with someone like McConnell. Like his fucking endorsement is going to be some type of gamechanger for Rand in 2016. This is just an opportunistic fatso climbing the political ladder after doing everything he could to slap grassroots liberty supporters in the face while he was working under Ron Paul. If people like this get their way, our movement will end up becoming typical conservative Republican shit maybe slightly better than what currently passes as the GOP. This moment in time where there's more liberty-minded people than ever and the state being at its weakest will be blown so people like Benton could make a fast buck. And all the apologists around here are doing everything they can to ensure this is what takes place. Disgusting.

kathy88
01-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Perhaps I should read the last 15 pages, hmm? I'll get back to this one once I do. Lol.or you could change your settings then you would be caught up in four pages :)

RickyJ
01-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I wonder how many will actually believe this tripe?

I feel really bad for Ron Paul's granddaughter.

GunnyFreedom
01-03-2013, 07:40 PM
In before the fake conservatives show up here trying to defend this good for nothing. That is the nicest thing I could say about this snake.

Don't hold your breath -- not many Benton fans around here.

Is there something wrong with making a living and putting food on the table while working to save liberty in America? My last 3 years have been spent basically in poverty because of this prevailing attitude, and I am likely to have to give up fighting for liberty full time, because I am in danger of losing my house now.

But to stay fighting for liberty full time and somehow put food on the table and make the mortgage note thereby is snake in the grass opportunism. The evil people get to pursue political reform 80 hours a week and have no worries about where their next meal comes from. The good people are lucky to get 20 hours before they have to go back to a McJob to put food on the table.

If someone chooses to make liberty activism and politics a way of life, then is it really so dirty and evil to expect them to make a living from it?

idiom
01-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Sometimes its really hard to tell who on this forum is disagreeing with you and who just sounds like they are disagreeing.

AGRP
01-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I feel really bad for Ron Paul's granddaughter.

You wouldnt feel bad for her if you knew she is part of it. She probably has the dinner wear and drapes picked out for the white house with jesse. Thats their reward you know.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 07:53 PM
If someone chooses to make liberty activism and politics a way of life, then is it really so dirty and evil to expect them to make a living from it?

If they make a living from it by building something or being apart of something that effectively promotes liberty, that is wonderful. But that isn't what Benton is doing, not by a long shot.

cajuncocoa
01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
The strategy is just totally idiotic. Guys like McConnell are disgraced poison even within their own political party. Has a party establishment ever been hated more by its constituents than the Republican Party establishment is right now? What a terrible time to rub elbows with someone like McConnell. Like his fucking endorsement is going to be some type of gamechanger for Rand in 2016. This is just an opportunistic fatso climbing the political ladder after doing everything he could to slap grassroots liberty supporters in the face while he was working under Ron Paul. If people like this get their way, our movement will end up becoming typical conservative Republican shit maybe slightly better than what currently passes as the GOP. This moment in time where there's more liberty-minded people than ever and the state being at its weakest will be blown so people like Benton could make a fast buck. And all the apologists around here are doing everything they can to ensure this is what takes place. Disgusting.And they'll blame us for being "purists" when that happens. :rolleyes: Either these apologists are demonically complicit in that game, or they're hopelessly naïve.

Deborah K
01-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Don't hold your breath -- not many Benton fans around here.

Is there something wrong with making a living and putting food on the table while working to save liberty in America? My last 3 years have been spent basically in poverty because of this prevailing attitude, and I am likely to have to give up fighting for liberty full time, because I am in danger of losing my house now.

But to stay fighting for liberty full time and somehow put food on the table and make the mortgage note thereby is snake in the grass opportunism. The evil people get to pursue political reform 80 hours a week and have no worries about where their next meal comes from. The good people are lucky to get 20 hours before they have to go back to a McJob to put food on the table.

No it isn't, Glen. And it makes me sick that someone like you is struggling to keep your house. :( I wish I had a way to help you! Can we do a moneybomb or something?

GunnyFreedom
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
If they make a living from it by building something or being apart of something that effectively promotes liberty, that is wonderful. But that isn't what Benton is doing, not by a long shot.

No, it's not what Benton is doing. I don't like Benton. I don't think he is an ally in this fight. However, the prevailing attitude to distrust and excoriate anybody who simply wants to put food on their table while doing this also affects people like me, who don't even make it paycheck to paycheck. I made a LOT more money before giving my life up to do this stuff, but I figured this was more important, and a movement of free marketers wouldn't begrudge someone just surviving while giving up their whole life to fight for liberty. Little did I know. We give millions to RevPac to pay six figure salaries, and I can't even raise $1000 to bring Jordon Page in for Honor the Oath Day One, with NO salary.

The evil actors in politics don't struggle like this. Only the good ones, because we don't get special interest backing. Contributing to the common wisdom that 'anybody doing this trying to make a living' is a scumbag, is not going to help people like me who actually mean to restore liberty in America and gave up our lives to do it.

jclay2
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Just wanted to get some venting out in this thread: Screw you Benton, you traitorous scum! /end vent

Really cant stand seeing this thread. Makes me sick every time I see that quote.

GunnyFreedom
01-03-2013, 08:14 PM
No it isn't, Glen. And it makes me sick that someone like you is struggling to keep your house. :( I wish I had a way to help you! Can we do a moneybomb or something?

No, thanks, I never ever want 'money for free.' I would rather fund my activist PAC and do the work of liberty and maybe draw a small salary off of that. In the absence of that I will probably go back to fixing and installing networks and point of sale equipment.

NewRightLibertarian
01-03-2013, 08:17 PM
No, it's not what Benton is doing. I don't like Benton. I don't think he is an ally in this fight. However, the prevailing attitude to distrust and excoriate anybody who simply wants to put food on their table while doing this also affects people like me, who don't even make it paycheck to paycheck. I made a LOT more money before giving my life up to do this stuff, but I figured this was more important, and a movement of free marketers wouldn't begrudge someone just surviving while giving up their whole life to fight for liberty. Little did I know. We give millions to RevPac to pay six figure salaries, and I can't even raise $1000 to bring Jordon Page in for Honor the Oath Day One, with NO salary.

The evil actors in politics don't struggle like this. Only the good ones, because we don't get special interest backing. Contributing to the common wisdom that 'anybody doing this trying to make a living' is a scumbag, is not going to help people like me who actually mean to restore liberty in America and gave up our lives to do it.

I have a problem with weasels and sycophants coming in and co-opting the liberty movement so they can gain power and money from it. Legitimate liberty activists trying to scrounge together enough money to fight the good fight full-time isn't what I am railing against. Sadly, those types will find more lucrative opportunities within the political system than someone such as yourself.

satchelmcqueen
01-03-2013, 08:21 PM
so jessie is middle income?

Lucille
01-04-2013, 08:52 AM

ROTFL

Too bad the cat's out of the bag! Collins has been talking publicly about Benton's cunning plaaaan for months.

AuH2O
01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
What bothers me is the phrasing. He could have worded it differently than "I've never been more proud of a boss..." and it would've said exactly the same thing to mainstream Republicans without being a genuine slap-in-the-face to Ron Paul people.

Lucille
01-04-2013, 12:44 PM
What bothers me is the phrasing. He could have worded it differently than "I've never been more proud of a boss..." and it would've said exactly the same thing to mainstream Republicans without being a genuine slap-in-the-face to Ron Paul people.

Exactly.

"I have never been more proud of Sen McConnell than I am right now."

"I have never been more proud of my boss, Sen. McConnell, than I am right now."

Collins tells me (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400106-Benton-I-ve-never-been-more-proud-of-a-boss-than-I-am-of-Senator-McConnell-right-now.&p=4803126&viewfull=1#post4803126) it was probably a copywriter and not Benton. LOL...

Whoever wrote it slammed Ron deliberately, and whoever approved it, approved.

itshappening
01-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Is he determined to sh1t on those who made him? Not a nice attribute..

cajuncocoa
01-04-2013, 01:02 PM
What bothers me is the phrasing. He could have worded it differently than "I've never been more proud of a boss..." and it would've said exactly the same thing to mainstream Republicans without being a genuine slap-in-the-face to Ron Paul people.^^THIS.

And I don't think anyone could convince me that it wasn't deliberate.

Deborah K
01-04-2013, 01:11 PM
No, thanks, I never ever want 'money for free.' I would rather fund my activist PAC and do the work of liberty and maybe draw a small salary off of that. In the absence of that I will probably go back to fixing and installing networks and point of sale equipment.

It wouldn't be a hand-out Glen. You've worked hard for the movement, you are our resident politician on RPFs. You've walked the walk, and if anyone deserves help when they need it, it's YOU!

sailingaway
01-04-2013, 01:18 PM

that is PART of what bothers me about it.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Collins tells me (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400106-Benton-I-ve-never-been-more-proud-of-a-boss-than-I-am-of-Senator-McConnell-right-now.&p=4803126&viewfull=1#post4803126) it was probably a copywriter and not Benton. LOL...

Whoever wrote it slammed Ron deliberately, and whoever approved it, approved.

1,000 excuses. Sorry but it fits the Benton pattern.