PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood A-listers called hypocrites on issue of gun violence in ‘Demand a Plan’ response

tangent4ronpaul
01-02-2013, 11:26 PM
This is finally going more viral! Both this FOX article and the plug on O'reilly tonight should bring up viewership substantially. Bill O'reilly said he didn't think the actors were being hypocrites, though.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/02/hollywood-listers-called-hypocrites-on-issue-gun-violence-in-demand-plan/?intcmp=trending

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/amanda%20peets%20demand%20psa%20660%20split.jpg

Several big-name Hollywood stars appear in a new anti-gun public service YouTube video calling for Americans to demand that their elected officials come up with a strategy to curb gun violence.

In the video, A-listers like Cameron Diaz, Paul Rudd, and Chris Rock read the names of the sites of the most horrific gun massacres before calling on viewers to “demand a plan” to stop mass shootings.

But now a new video called “Demand a Plan – Demand Celebrities Go F*** Themselves” has been created that highlights the gun violence many of these same stars have taken part in in their movies and television shows.

The "Demand Celebrities" response video intersperses the original PSA with scenes of gun violence in movies starring the celebrities mentioned above, plus Jeremy Renner, Reese Witherspoon, Jamie Foxx, and many others.

For example, Jamie Foxx lists “Columbine” during the original PSA, after which the response video runs a montage of extreme gun violence from several of Foxx's movies.

The response video closes with the message: “Hollywood is a culture of violence.”

(Warning, the violence is extremely graphic and may be NSFW and is not suitable for all audiences.)

("clean" version has almost 200,000 hits)

<iframe width="480" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jrJjlPH1dqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

In comments posted on the "Demand Celebrities"response video, many called the stars who spoke out against gun violence, yet starred in entertainment that featured the same, hypocrites.

“If these celebrities were so much against guns, why don't they refuse to be in any movies that have guns in those movies. We will then see who the hypocrites are. Someone count the number of murders our kids see on TV and in the movies in just one week. Even my favorite TV shows start with a murder,” one wrote.

Another adds: “It's easy. Stop supporting these hypocrites by paying to see what they produce. Boycott it! Don't go and watch Django Unchained or any other movie that glorifies violence and the use of guns. Just turn these fools off.”

“Demand Celebrities” has been viewed by almost 500,000 people since being uploaded to YouTube on Dec. 25. The original “Demand a Plan” video has been viewed by over 6 million people since being uploaded on December 21. It urges supporters to contact their members of Congress with a call for criminal background checks on all gun purchasers, a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, and the making of gun trafficking a federal crime.

=====
Currently there are 7 versions of "Demand Celebrities", racking up ~850,000 views and
I guess I'm not finding the main "demand a plan" because I'm only finding 3, with a total of about 11,000 views. That's a far cry from 6 million... there are also some other take offs.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Hannity also covered it and had a couple of guests on. They wiped the floor with the Dem strategist. LOL! He also spent about 20-25 minutes on the topic and got into the newspaper hiring armed guards as well as the celebs and politicians having armed guards. Definitely a good Hannity segment!

Hmmm - Now Gretta is doing the newpaper guard story.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Greta dis a segment on it too. She wants your comments:

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/video/youtube-video-rips-celebrities-for-starring-in-gun-control-psa/

so comment! - she might choose your reply to read on air!

-t

kcchiefs6465
01-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Greta dis a segment on it too. She wants your comments:
so comment! - she might choose your reply to read on air!

-t
She wouldn't read my opinion on my air. That's for sure. Talk about a boycott... I have not listened to a word those dumb blonde wastes of space (I'll bite my tongue) had to say in a year. I did like the 'Demand a Plan- Demand Celebriteis Go Fuck Themselves' video however.

jclay2
01-03-2013, 11:38 AM
That video was awesome. You can not watch that video and take these gun grabbers seriously.

Tpoints
01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Bill O Reilly is right that they are not hypocrites. They WOULD be hypocrites if they said that violent movies cause violence, and they're against violent movies, and then continue acting in them. BUT, here we're talking about actual guns, and actors regularly portray roles which they can never be or would never be in real life, rapists, robbers, drug dealers, law enforcement, superhero...how can they be hypocrites just by not being pro-real life crime? That's ridiculous.

Tpoints
01-05-2013, 02:08 PM
That video was awesome. You can not watch that video and take these gun grabbers seriously.

So if an actor plays a rapist or murderer, he must advocate for rape and murder, otherwise he's a hypocrite? This is different than saying if an actor claims watching murder scenes causes you to murder, and he's against letting people portray them, and he keeps doing it himself.

BlackTerrel
01-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Don't believe that qualifies as hypocritical.

Acting in a movie doesn't mean you condone the act.

paulbot24
01-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Maybe the actors don't really think this.....they're acting.....Maybe this is all an act........:eek:

Tpoints
01-05-2013, 05:51 PM

yeah, I can't help but think Hollywood made the video to discredit serious gun advocates, how can somebody be THAT stupid?

UWDude
01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Nice counter attack. Surprised I didn't think of these little hypocritical douchebags who engage in all this hollywood gore-splat violence tripe for the masses.

UWDude
01-05-2013, 06:37 PM

The constant, pounding, 300 times a day message that a gun can solve almost any problem, is far more dangerous than a gun, IMHO.

Tpoints
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
The constant, pounding, 300 times a day message that a gun can solve almost any problem, is far more dangerous than a gun, IMHO.

are you perpetuating the lie that a pen is mightier than a sword?

UWDude
01-05-2013, 06:57 PM
ideas move armies more often than guns.