PDA

View Full Version : Grover Norquist: Vote for deal is vote to cut taxes

Brett85
01-02-2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/01/grover-norquist-vote-for-deal-is-vote-to-cut-taxes/

devil21
01-02-2013, 07:59 PM
It's also a vote to raise spending. Norquist never talks about spending, only taxes. Get spending under control first then we can talk about revenues.

Keith and stuff
01-02-2013, 08:09 PM
It's also a vote to raise spending. Norquist never talks about spending, only taxes. Get spending under control first then we can talk about revenues.

That makes sense on a state level. Meldrim Thomson, Jr. said "low taxes are the result of low spending". It doesn't make sense on a federal level with the US Dollar the world's reserve currency.

Norquist is only 1 ran. ATR only has some many people and so much power. Maybe look to Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Tom Coburn to talk about spending.

devil21
01-02-2013, 08:19 PM
What doesn't make sense on a federal level? Addressing spending first? I disagree completely! Getting rid of the deficit is going to require cutting spending first, otherwise playing games with taxation only encourages more deficit financing and doesn't address the real issue of living within one's means.

My post was mostly about the fact that Norquist has no room to call this deal anything but kicking the can for another 60 days. He needs to talk about spending lest he be a one trick pony and not worthy of consideration of his opinion.

Agorism
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Like I said, I thought Boehner's plan B was decent.

The senate plan was worse.

Brett85
01-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Like I said, I thought Boehner's plan B was decent.

The senate plan was worse.

It probably was worse, but not nearly as bad as allowing all of the Bush tax cuts to expire.

cbrons
01-02-2013, 10:13 PM

Norquist is a moron then if he thinks this is a "tax cut." The fact is, inflation is the worst tax that there is and it will be going up as a result of Barack Dictator Dummy Obama digging us another 3.6 trillion dollar hole.

Brett85
01-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Norquist is a moron then if he thinks this is a "tax cut." The fact is, inflation is the worst tax that there is and it will be going up as a result of Barack Dictator Dummy Obama digging us another 3.6 trillion dollar hole.

The CBO projected that this bill would put us 4 trillion further in debt, but they said that 90% of that increase in the debt would be caused by extending the tax cuts for 99% of the American people. Why do you agree with the CBO that preventing tax increases adds to the debt?

sailingaway
01-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I think if it were just the tax side Ron would have voted for it. But unconstitutional spending.... Ron wouldn't vote for that.

Brett85
01-02-2013, 11:07 PM
I think if it were just the tax side Ron would have voted for it. But unconstitutional spending.... Ron wouldn't vote for that.

Ron voted for a bill to extend all of the Bush tax cuts which also contained spending on unemployment benefits. He felt that opposing tax increases was more important than opposing unconstitutional spending.

muh_roads
01-02-2013, 11:33 PM
It is very possible that spending doesn't matter because the military will see to it that the petrodollar remains as long as possible. America still only owns 60% of our world resources. There is a lot more land to conquer. Also we haven't even begun selling our own oil to China yet...at bargain prices I might add.

I personally think the party is going to last for a while yet. Our masters like the western world that we still live in. It is those "brown people" in poor countries they don't like. If you live outside of the west, I feel sorry for you. Our military is going to gobble you up.