PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Mark Kirk: I saw angels

itshappening
01-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) said he saw three angels in the hospital when he awoke from a stroke-induced coma in an interview published Wednesday.

Kirk — who had a stroke almost a year ago — is set to walk up the U.S. Capitol building’s steps Thursday without any assistance.

Kirk told suburban-Chicago’s The Daily Herald the angels asked him, “You want to come with us?”

“No,” Kirk responded. “I’ll hold off.”

Doctors sent Kirk into a coma after he had a stroke Jan. 21, 2012 and they temporarily removed a 4-by-8 inch piece of his skull to help his brain heal, according to The Daily Herald.

He said he woke up and knew that he’d come close to dying.

“A thing goes off in your head that this is the end,” Kirk told The Herald.

Though Kirk says he now considers himself “a disabled American,” his said his motivation to recover was fueled by his faith, family and getting back to the Capitol.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/report-kirk-recalls-seeing-angels-85700.html#ixzz2Gs5YaxV7

kathy88
01-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Just what we need. Another brain damaged politician.

Carson
01-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) said he saw three angels in the hospital when he awoke from a stroke-induced coma in an interview published Wednesday.

Kirk — who had a stroke almost a year ago — is set to walk up the U.S. Capitol building’s steps Thursday without any assistance.

Kirk told suburban-Chicago’s The Daily Herald the angels asked him, “You want to come with us?”

“No,” Kirk responded. “I’ll hold off.”

Doctors sent Kirk into a coma after he had a stroke Jan. 21, 2012 and they temporarily removed a 4-by-8 inch piece of his skull to help his brain heal, according to The Daily Herald.

He said he woke up and knew that he’d come close to dying.

“A thing goes off in your head that this is the end,” Kirk told The Herald.

Though Kirk says he now considers himself “a disabled American,” his said his motivation to recover was fueled by his faith, family and getting back to the Capitol.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/report-kirk-recalls-seeing-angels-85700.html#ixzz2Gs5YaxV7

I hope he gets over feeling disabled. I don't know him but I do wish him well.

thoughtomator
01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
angels with strangely bat-like wings and pitchforks, no doubt

Philhelm
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM

My comment was going to be that he mistook the demons for angels, but you've got me covered.

mz10
01-02-2013, 09:12 PM

We really should stop talking like this. I know you're probably joking but its a tasteless thing to say. Especially since this man has no blood on his hands.

tfurrh
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
We really should stop talking like this. I know you're probably joking but its a tasteless thing to say. Especially since this man has no blood on his hands.
Iraq war - voted yes

TonySutton
01-02-2013, 09:34 PM
http://image.123tagged.com/images/c/charlies_angels_22431.jpg

I couldn't resist :)

KingRobbStark
01-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Man. Even heaven doesn't want that guy. He's still alive.

muzzled dogg
01-02-2013, 10:01 PM
lemme guess, republican?

mz10
01-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Iraq war - voted yes

I guess, forgot that he was a Rep before becoming a Senator. Still doesn't change my mind though, Walter Jones voted for the Iraq War. Are we going to wish death and eternal damnation on him too?

VIDEODROME
01-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Dude that was the Mothman

John F Kennedy III
01-02-2013, 10:14 PM
http://static.moviefanatic.com/images/gallery/bartleby-and-loki.jpg

NIU Students for Liberty
01-02-2013, 10:19 PM
I guess, forgot that he was a Rep before becoming a Senator. Still doesn't change my mind though, Walter Jones voted for the Iraq War. Are we going to wish death and eternal damnation on him too?

When was Kirk ever on our side?

mz10
01-02-2013, 10:23 PM
When was Kirk ever on our side?

Perhaps never. Doesn't mean I want him to go to hell.

We need to stop thinking people who disagree with us are evil incarnate. That's what the left does, and its not OK. Let's attack people's ideas, rather than attacking people.

tangent4ronpaul
01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
This doesn't sound that abnormal for someone coming off anesthetics or having a near death experience. Hell, Kucinich said he saw UFO's...

He's got a R after his name, so that doesn't bother me. The "IL" after his name scares me a little, though...

-t

thoughtomator
01-02-2013, 10:28 PM
We need to stop thinking people who disagree with us are evil incarnate.

We need to stop setting fire to strawmen.

Also, a handful of individuals (e.g. Hillary Clinton, GHWB) pretty much are evil incarnate. Kirk is just another self-server who took his 30 pieces of silver.

brushfire
01-02-2013, 10:37 PM

He's for gun control. He's also another one of the so called "electables". Mark is also a slave to special interests and questionable campaign finance - your standard IL politician. He's helped us with one gun bill, but that's his only attaboy. As much as I despise him as a politician, I dont wish him death. Perhaps this light he's seen might make him consider things like "choice" and "liberty" - I doubt it...

tangent4ronpaul
01-02-2013, 10:39 PM
What gun bill?

-t

brushfire
01-02-2013, 11:21 PM
What gun bill?

-t

The bill that put an end to all the manufacturer litigation - IL has quite a few firearm manufacturers, and they were being sued for crimes/damages caused by the criminal use of their products.

ETA:

108th congress : He voted for HR1036
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

John F Kennedy III
01-02-2013, 11:33 PM

We need to stop thinking people who disagree with us are evil incarnate. That's what the left does, and its not OK. Let's attack people's ideas, rather than attacking people.

Almost every congressman is evil incarnate. It's not our fault they do what they do.

TER
01-02-2013, 11:36 PM
People may disagree with me, but there is the possibility that he did talk to angels. It is very easy to sit up here and accuse another human being. Indeed, many of our members unwittingly and regrettably supported the Iraq War in the beginning, believing the lies of the Bush Jr. administration. Perhaps this Senator will become a more beloved man then he already is for many. Let us see how he votes and the witness he makes now that he claims he has been given a divine revelation.

John F Kennedy III
01-02-2013, 11:37 PM
I never call someone a liar when they say things like this after a near death experience. People blow it off by saying it was a hallucination induced by the meds. But the truth is WE HAVE NO IDEA IF THEIR EXPERIENCE WAS REAL OR NOT.

John F Kennedy III
01-02-2013, 11:40 PM
People may disagree with me, but there is the possibility that he did talk to angels. It is very easy to sit up here and accuse another human being. Indeed, many of our members unwittingly and regrettably supported the Iraq War in the beginning, believing the lies of the Bush Jr. administration. Perhaps this Senator will become a more beloved man then he already is for many. Let us see how he votes and the witness he makes now that he claims he has been given a divine revelation.

Angels, aliens, something sentient....we simply don't know, therefore it is possible.

TER
01-02-2013, 11:41 PM
WE HAVE NO IDEA IF THEIR EXPERIENCE WAS REAL OR NOT.

-QFT

LibertyEagle
01-02-2013, 11:42 PM

This is very close to what Ron Paul has said many times.

ghengis86
01-02-2013, 11:43 PM
One man's angel is another man's devil.

Don't doubt what he says he saw. Let's hope it was the good type of angels and none of the fallen.

BSU kid
01-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Politics aside, you have to feel for him and his family as I'm sure this has been a really hard thing for all of them; 3 brain surgeries is pretty major stuff. That being said I'm not looking forward to his return at all.

brushfire
01-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I never call someone a liar when they say things like this after a near death experience. People blow it off by saying it was a hallucination induced by the meds. But the truth is WE HAVE NO IDEA IF THEIR EXPERIENCE WAS REAL OR NOT.

I used to enjoy watching MASH. There was an episode where Winchester badgered a man who was about to die - it stuck with me.

Perhaps the closer one gets, or has come, the more respect one has for these kinds of things.

Pisces
01-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Mark Kirk was actually pretty good on indefinite detention. He gave a good speech on the Senate floor last year in December when NDAA 2012 was being debated. Even if that's the only good thing that he's done as a Senator it still puts him above most of the GOP Senators.

itshappening
01-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Politics aside, you have to feel for him and his family as I'm sure this has been a really hard thing for all of them; 3 brain surgeries is pretty major stuff. That being said I'm not looking forward to his return at all.

I wonder what his life expetency is after all that surgery? Regardless of what the doc's say I doubt it'd be good.

ghengis86
01-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Mark Kirk was actually pretty good on indefinite detention. He gave a good speech on the Senate floor last year in December when NDAA 2012 was being debated. Even if that's the only good thing that he's done as a Senator it still puts him above most of the GOP Senators.

Are you sure he did that? I thought he was still in recovery.

TER
01-02-2013, 11:53 PM
One man's angel is another man's devil.

This is impossible. An angel of God is what fallen devils have fallen from. There is the good and the evil, and the good know the good, and the evil know the evil, but both know what the other is.

Pisces
01-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Are you sure he did that? I thought he was still in recovery.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z12l_Euc28U

This was in December of 2011. Mark Kirk had his stroke right around the time Rand had his TSA encounter, which I'm pretty sure was in January 2012.

I don't agree with everything he says here but he makes a lot of good points. Again, it was more than most Senators were willing to do.

BSU kid
01-02-2013, 11:58 PM
I wonder what his life expetency is after all that surgery? Regardless of what the doc's say I doubt it'd be good.

He doesn't look good, or sound great either. If I were him I would resign and recover in peace. Check out how sickly this guy looks:

Before the Strokes:

http://images.alternet.org/images/managed/storyimages_1331866411_480pxsenatormarkkirkofficia lportrait.jpg_640x799_310x220

After the Strokes:

http://tribwgntv.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/wgntv-sen-mark-kirk-to-return-to-congress-20121206.jpg?w=400

BSU kid
01-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Also to illustrate how serious his condition was, see this "promotional" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBoYmKX-QQ

John F Kennedy III
01-03-2013, 01:10 AM
I used to enjoy watching MASH. There was an episode where Winchester badgered a man who was about to die - it stuck with me.

Perhaps the closer one gets, or has come, the more respect one has for these kinds of things.

Yeah. Maybe near death experiences can allow humans to perceive beings who are on different planes of existence or different dimensions than us.

bolil
01-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z12l_Euc28U

This was in December of 2011. Mark Kirk had his stroke right around the time Rand had his TSA encounter, which I'm pretty sure was in January 2012.

I don't agree with everything he says here but he makes a lot of good points. Again, it was more than most Senators were willing to do.

Isn't it sad that a senator does not have the Bill of Rights committed to memory...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 02:42 AM
There is the good and the evil, and the good know the good, and the evil know the evil, but both know what the other is.

There are plenty of "good" who can't see the wall 10 feet away from them. People, by nature, have different depths of vision and other abilities. I've known plenty of good people who wouldn't figure out they had a boot on their head if you didn't take a picture for them. Some lack the entire concept.

TER
01-03-2013, 02:58 AM
There are plenty of "good" who can't see the wall 10 feet away from them. People, by nature, have different depths of vision and other abilities. I've known plenty of good people who wouldn't figure out they had a boot on their head if you didn't take a picture for them. Some lack the entire concept.

I was talking about angels and demons.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2013, 03:07 AM
I was talking about angels and demons.

Sure. Point taken. But such observations aren't confined to them completely.