PDA

View Full Version : Boehner CAVES on Sandy Pork Bill

itshappening
01-02-2013, 04:55 PM
This man needs to go now, how much damage is he going to do before he's fired?

-
Under pressure, Boehner agrees to hold two votes on Sandy relief funding

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has agreed to hold two votes on Hurricane Sandy aid after coming under withering fire from New York and New Jersey Republicans.

The House will vote to provide $9 billion to shore up the National Flood Insurance Program on Friday and will vote on another $51 billion Sandy spending package on Jan. 15, according to GOP leaders.

Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.) said he was now voting for Boehner for Speaker at a vote on Thursday after securing the promise of a Sandy vote during Wednesday's face-to-face meeting.

“We have gotten that solid commitment,” he said.

King said his anger at Boehner was now in the past.

“As far as I’m concerned that was a lifetime ago,” he told reporters. “The bottom line is we are getting the result that we need.”

He said as long as the Jan. 15 bill gets 218 votes, he would be “satisfied.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/appropriations/275267-boehner-critics-bury-hatchet-as-house-schedules-sandy-votes
-

Yes I'm sure your satisfied at blatantly ripping off the taxpayers to the tune of $60bn Mr Grimm. Sickening!

pacelli
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Lets try him for treason in a non-admiralty court, eh?

To answer your question: He'll be gone when they can't pin anything else on him. I wonder what kind of dirt those communist bastards have on him.

Brett85
01-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Ok, I think this is something that he actually should be criticized for, since there's really no reason from a fiscal conservative perspective to vote in favor of the spending for Hurricane Sandy. The vote on the fiscal cliff bill could've gone either way for a fiscal conservative.

Brian4Liberty
01-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Porky for New Yorky.

itshappening
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Conservatives need to remove Boehner tomorrow or they're stuck with him for two years and all the damage he will do: first on the list the Sandy Pork bill, then he's going to cave on the debt ceiling too. It's going to be two years of selling out conservatives non-stop. This has to end.