PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Wood responds to NYTimes editorial calling to abandon the Constitution

sailingaway
01-02-2013, 11:01 AM
http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/01/02/lets-abandon-the-constitution-says-professor/

ZENemy
01-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Do they forget that the 16th amendment gives them the power to tax? Fine, let them get rid of the constitution, they will get rid of themselves along with it and we can all finally evolve.

back2basics
01-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Do they forget that the 16th amendment gives them the power to tax? Fine, let them get rid of the constitution, they will get rid of themselves along with it and we can all finally evolve.

income tax was never passed... signed in by mistake

LibertyEagle
01-02-2013, 11:51 AM

Evolve to what?

ZENemy
01-02-2013, 11:56 AM
income tax was never passed... signed in by mistake

I know and understand that, the courts and the joke of a law system we live in does NOT care about the "Never properly ratified" issue. I also believe there is no official law and the 16th amendment is one of the FEW pro tax arguments that government lovers like to throw around. If they get rid of the constitution then ALL bets are off.

back2basics
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
I know and understand that, the courts and the joke of a law system we live in does NOT care about the "Never properly ratified" issue. I also believe there is no official law and the 16th amendment is one of the FEW pro tax arguments that government lovers like to throw around. If they get rid of the constitution then ALL bets are off.

yeah but either way, we are complaining about something that will not change.... not until we are all poverty stricken and there is no more money to siphon

ZENemy
01-02-2013, 12:05 PM
yeah but either way, we are complaining about something that will not change.... not until we are all poverty stricken and there is no more money to siphon

I agree; My point in saying this is that, if they officially got rid of the constitution maybe we could rally enough support for a tax strike and use the abolition of the constitution and the 16th amendment as a strong argument in our defense. We are running out of forms of peaceful resistance, a tax strike seems like one of the few left.

back2basics
01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
I agree; My point in saying this is that, if they officially got rid of the constitution maybe we could rally enough support for a tax strike and use the abolition of the constitution and the 16th amendment as a strong argument in our defense. We are running out of forms of peaceful resistance, a tax strike seems like one of the few left.
okkkkk so you eliminate taxes... and then they print

ClydeCoulter
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM
"more"?

ZENemy
01-02-2013, 12:28 PM

True, they are doing that now, showing us that taxation is nothing but control.

Im trying to kick around ideas, the government is NOT going to reign itself in.