PDA

View Full Version : Rep. King not happy that he didn't get his pork bill

itshappening
01-02-2013, 09:46 AM
New York Republican Rep. Peter King went to war with his Republican colleagues on Wednesday after leaders spiked a Hurricane Sandy relief bill, calling on New Yorkers to stop all donations to GOP House members.

“These Republicans have no problem finding New York when they’re out raising millions of dollars,” King said on Fox News. “They’re in New York all the time filling their pockets with money from New Yorkers. I’m saying right now, anyone from New York or New Jersey who contributes one penny to congressional Republicans is out of their minds. Because what they did last night was put a knife in the back of New Yorkers and New Jerseyans. It was an absolute disgrace.”

King also said he was ready to buck Republican leaders on every issue until the Sandy aid is approved.

“As far as I’m concerned, I’m on my own,” King said. “They’re going to have to go a long way to get my vote on anything.”

New Jersey and New York lawmakers were preparing a strategy for a Tuesday night vote on a $60 billion aid package that had already passed the Senate. But House leaders abruptly changed their mind, meaning the package will likely die with the close of the 112th Congress on Thursday. The House Appropriations Committee had prepared a $27 billion relief package.

King was joined in his condemnation by Ohio Rep. Steve LaTourette, who slammed his Republican colleagues, calling lawmakers who opposed the relief “chuckleheads.” But House Oversight and Government Reform Chair Darrell Issa defended the move, arguing the measure was filled with pork.

“Your two senators packed this with pork,” Issa said Wednesday on “Fox & Friends,” which airs from New York City, referring to Sens. Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand. “They had the opportunity to have a $27 [billion] to $30 billion dollar legit relief package, packed it with pork, then dared us not to vote on it.”

“The Senate didn’t do their job,” he added. “They sent us a bunch of pork and then left town, and that was just wrong. And the speaker has the support of the majority of Republicans that if we’re going to provide relief, we can’t allow it to be doubled with unrelated pork no matter where the relief is. And the relief will come early next year but it will come at the $27 billion level or I don’t expect to be voting for it.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/issa-sandy-bill-was-a-pork-fest-85668.html#ixzz2GpjwAhYJ

specsaregood
01-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Cuz the people that have millions to give in donations to crony politicians are just the types of people that need a federal bailout.

jkr
01-02-2013, 09:53 AM
can we sell "new york" to canada...or maybe back to the native americans?

itshappening
01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Or the Dutch?

AuH20
01-02-2013, 10:25 AM
I strongly dislike this man and I'm speaking as a former constituent, since his district was rearranged.

AuH20
01-02-2013, 10:26 AM
He's definitely voting with any AWB ban. GUARANTEED!

CaptUSA
01-02-2013, 10:30 AM
King said. “They’re going to have to go a long way to get my vote on anything.”

Yeah, dipshit, this is what you should have been doing anyway. If you idiots wouldn't vote for things just because your party tells you to, we wouldn't be in half this mess.

itshappening
01-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Getting his vote means buying him off even more.

Members of congress are only in it for themselves.

HOLLYWOOD
01-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Oh SNAP!...(11:50AM EST)

FOX BUSINESS anchor Connell McShane, "With us is a NY Congressman Republican Peter King, from Capital Hill. I still should identify you that way, in all seriousness congressman King... as a Republican?"

Here's your garbage phony Republican's response...

Peter King, "Yeah sure, aaaaaah... listen I'm a Republican. I'm a REAL Republican. I'm a National Security Republican, I'm a Homeland Security Republican... and also someone who believes the Federal government has a major role to play, in the case of a natural disaster. Ay yah... My Republican voting record, is ah, is a lot more loyal than many other people, and ah... I'm sayin the Republican party, at times I think the Republican Party has left me, when I saw what happen last night." :rolleyes:

FOX BUSINESS anchor Connell McShane, "Okay, just to clear it up before we talk about details. You're not considering changing parties over this?

AuH20
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_T._King

He was endorsed by the Brady Campaign in 2006[9] and 2008.[10] In 2008, the Brady Campaign endorsed five Republicans for Congress (The others are Chris Shays, Michael Castle, Mark Kirk, and Chris Smith).[11]

It's coming. He also voted for the 1994 AWB.