PDA

View Full Version : Court orders man to pay child support, even against the mother's will!

Tpoints
01-02-2013, 02:46 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255241/Sperm-donor-ordered-pay-child-support-lesbian-couple-despite-giving-rights-child.html

I'll leave out the fun details that a lesbian couple used Craigslist to find a sperm donor, the good news is, THE 3 PEOPLE ARE STILL SEEING EYE TO EYE AND DO NOT WANT THE FATHER TO PAY. At first glance, it looks like the state is being completely unreasonable, why is the state ordering a man to pay when not even the mother wants it?

Answer : because the state doesn't want to pay, so they want to find the man that can.

akforme
01-02-2013, 03:36 AM
well that's because the woman doesn't want to pay either. I think the state is out of line, but if the gal was taking responsibility for the child she wanted so bad none of this would have happened.

Smart3
01-02-2013, 03:54 AM
She has eight children. So either way, the state will foot the bill.

but yeah, the guy shouldn't pay, he did them a favor.

tod evans
01-02-2013, 04:00 AM
Reproductive rights my ass.

devil21
01-02-2013, 05:21 AM
State budgets love child support. It's an interest free short term loan to the gov't AND the gov'ts make money through interest while it sits in accounts waiting for disbursement.

Tpoints
01-02-2013, 05:49 AM
State budgets love child support. It's an interest free short term loan to the gov't AND the gov'ts make money through interest while it sits in accounts waiting for disbursement.

but they can only do demand it if the mother is either seeking it, or seeking state assistance, right?

kcchiefs6465
01-02-2013, 06:29 AM
but they can only do demand it if the mother is either seeking it, or seeking state assistance, right?
Herein lies the problem in this case. Not to mention should this man fall behind on payments; lose his job as his paycheck will probably be garnished either way, they will take his license effectively making it damn near impossible to hold a job. Bravo government. Bravo.

tod evans
01-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Herein lies the problem in this case. Not to mention should this man fall behind on payments; lose his job as his paycheck will probably be garnished either way, they will take his license effectively making it damn near impossible to hold a job. Bravo government. Bravo.

Ya' ol' hardass.........It's for the kids!

kathy88
01-02-2013, 07:29 AM
State budgets love child support. It's an interest free short term loan to the gov't AND the gov'ts make money through interest while it sits in accounts waiting for disbursement.and on top of that every time someone accesses the money they are charged 3 bucks. So, say 500 a month and they use the card ten times another 30 bucks to the State.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Herein lies the problem in this case.

Not necessarily. I was told divorce courts will rarely render a decision without an order of support, whether the parties want it or not. Many states have a formula for this that takes into account incomes and custody time. So whether someone is seeking state assistance or not, courts almost never have family court cases without child support judgements included.

Origanalist
01-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Craigslist sperm donor forced to pay child support to lesbian couple - despite giving up parental rights to the baby BEFORE she was born
Angela Bauer, 40, and partner Jennifer Schreiner, 34, placed ad in 2009
Donor William Marotta relinquished financial responsibility for child

Kansas state ordered Mr Marotta to pay after lesbian couple applied
for welfare

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255241/Sperm-donor-ordered-pay-child-support-lesbian-couple-despite-giving-rights-child.html#ixzz2GpD5PxDk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
---------------------------

It's a brave new world......

tod evans
01-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Not necessarily. I was told divorce courts will rarely render a decision without an order of support, whether the parties want it or not. Many states have a formula for this that takes into account incomes and custody time. So whether someone is seeking state assistance or not, courts almost never have family court cases without child support judgements included.

This is true.

"Family Court" has single handedly broken down the American family.

It is an evil and vile government institution and I would like to see all of its members publically humiliated, every lawyer and every judge, bar-none!

Origanalist
01-02-2013, 07:42 AM
This is true.

"Family Court" has single handedly broken down the American family.

It is an evil and vile government institution and I would like to see all of its members publically humiliated, every lawyer and every judge, bar-none!

I agree, what has government getting involved with managing families done? The same thing it does to everything else, completely mangled it.

osan
01-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Actually, if we are going to have taxpayer-funded programs such as welfare (they should not exist) I agree with the court on this.

I can see the scene in the happy household... I can hear the whining bordering on shrieking: I want a BABY! Mee TOO! We have the RIGHT! Men have NO RIGHT to stop us...

And so it went until the paint peeled from the walls in hope the wind would blow the chips into merciful oblivion, the plumbing failed, and the wiring started to melt.

And what of that stuipid, stupid man? Well, I guess his stupidity had its rewards and he just discovered one of them.

Next.

devil21
01-02-2013, 08:05 AM
When states changed the laws to require non-custodial parents to pay child support to the state, instead of directly to the custodial parent, they also added provisions that made child support cases MANDATORY, not optional. The parents stopped having the right to make contracts between each other regarding support. The state now forces it and this case is a perfect example of this practice. Like I said, the state budgets love the big interest they make on their support accounts so they view every non-custodial parent that's not paying support (with the approval of the custodial parent) as someone "taking money from the state". They're not going after the bio-father because she filed for welfare. They're going after the bio-father because he slipped through the cracks originally.

This varies somewhat from state to state but overall it's standardized.