PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Walter Jones to speak at Honor the Oath

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Great news! Congressman Walter Jones will join Honor the Oath on Opening Day at the North Carolina General Assembly around quarter to one in the afternoon to speak on honoring the oath. Along with Greg Brannon, Bill LuMaye, Kevin Daniels, and Dr Dan Eichenbaum this will be an all star popular/liberty coalition. Our own Lady Jade will also be speaking. :)

Wednesday Afternoon in Raleigh NC on Halifax Mall adjacent to the General Assembly from Noon to four PM. The General Assembly is sworn in at Noon on the same day.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2012, 10:45 PM
What better day to come together in prayer and to remind our elected officials that we the people mean to restore the Constitutional order, than opening day at the moment they are being sworn in? And Walter Jones? :D

sailingaway
12-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Very cool!

SpreadOfLiberty
12-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Hopefully Jones can get some support started for Brannon.

Not to mention something for you.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2012, 11:55 PM
We are building an honest to goodness state wide liberTea coalition. This rally is going to be our coalition's shot across the bow at the political establishment n

GunnyFreedom
01-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Look, the whole conservative world is collapsing right now, and Tea partiers don't have the answers and are more frightened that ever. We are in a position of strength because we actually have the answers. NOW is the time to bite the bullet swallow the pride and forge political coalitions with Tea Partiers everywhere. We will never be in a better position to influence them our way, we should stand up like the adults in the room, and like Moses show the Tea Partiers the way. Coalesce around the Constitution and popular morality, and stress that we take the Paul position on popular morality, that it can only come from the bottom up.

If liberty wants to really break out of the Saint-Lô in 2013, we can co-opt most of the American tea parties over the next 8 months n

(I don't actually mean 'co-opt' I mean coalition, that describes the effect this will have to advance the fight for liberty)

sailingaway
01-01-2013, 04:50 PM
I agree on coalitions, I just don't live in that state.

aclove
01-01-2013, 05:52 PM
I'll be there, and will be speaking as well. And I agree completely with Glen's assessment. The Tea-o-Con groups thought for sure Romney was going to win it and save them from Obama. They're now outraged, saddened, and desperate, especially in light of the complete lack of spine being exhibited by GOP leadership in the U.S. House over this fiscal cliff stuff. More and more, they've been making noises about how God is in control and they're just going to pray for the best. They really don't know what to do next.

It's up to us to show them, and this rally will be a great demonstration of what to do for every one of them that shows up. This is our chance to step up, say, "No hard feelings about the election. We can still restore our Republic. Let us show you how!"

GunnyFreedom
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Yes! My good friend and ally Adam Love is a featured speaker! I am so not a politician. Nobody expects a tsunami of people on a Wednesday afternoon, but there will be enough to send a message. Everyone's voice will mean a lot.

ClydeCoulter
01-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Wow, I wish I would have known about this a few days ago, I could have planned to go (I saw it early this morning, like 2:00am). I'm in NC currently visiting in-laws.

I hope there is/was good turnout.

FSP-Rebel
01-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Hopefully yall promoted the crap out of this thing.

GunnyFreedom
01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Wow, I wish I would have known about this a few days ago, I could have planned to go (I saw it early this morning, like 2:00am). I'm in NC currently visiting in-laws.

I hope there is/was good turnout.

It's still for the future Jan 9th opening day.

GunnyFreedom
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Hopefully yall promoted the crap out of this thing.

It's been promoted pretty heavily on social media. Problem being I was away in Wisconsin for my Uncles memorial at the most critical time. Still, I never expected a whole tsunami of people on a Wednesday afternoon. This will be about the message and the video that comes from it. Also, will show power to bring a good number out on a Wednesday afternoon. Already the teas are getting excited behind it.

ClydeCoulter
01-02-2013, 12:10 PM
It's still for the future Jan 9th opening day.

Oh, okay, I thought it was today (Wed). I'll be back in IN before then.

I still hope it's very successful, and look forward to the video.

aclove
01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
A statewide C4L email went out promoting this today. Not sure how big our list is now, but it's somewhere north of 15,000 people last I checked.

compromise
01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Is Walter Jones really a Tea Party candidate? I've never seen him receive endorsements from Tea Party organizations. The committee purge must have boosted his reputation among conservatives though.

aclove
01-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Kind of. Mainline Tea Party people dislike him for the same reason they dislike Ron Paul, which is that he's come out forcefully against the wars. On the other hand, he's the only guy in Congress with the stones to file impeachment legislation against Obama, which they love. While that makes perfect sense to us, it engenders amusing cognitive dissonance in rank-and-file Tea Party activists.

compromise
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Kind of. Mainline Tea Party people dislike him for the same reason they dislike Ron Paul, which is that he's come out forcefully against the wars. On the other hand, he's the only guy in Congress with the stones to file impeachment legislation against Obama, which they love. While that makes perfect sense to us, it engenders amusing cognitive dissonance in rank-and-file Tea Party activists.

Walter's record on fiscal issues isn't nearly as good as Ron Paul's. Amash and Rand have the same foreign policy but still get Tea Party support.

GunnyFreedom
01-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Walter's record on fiscal issues isn't nearly as good as Ron Paul's. Amash and Rand have the same foreign policy but still get Tea Party support.

He has been good on civil liberties like NDAA. We are finding a lot of common ground with NC Tea over those issues now.

compromise
01-02-2013, 04:45 PM
He has been good on civil liberties like NDAA. We are finding a lot of common ground with NC Tea over those issues now.
It's good the Tea Party are embracing him. I hope he votes against Boehner, that should excite them.

aclove
01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
This will help Jones garner Tea Party support:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/R?d113%3AFLD004%3A%401%28Rep.+Hudson++Richard%29

aclove
01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
This will help Jones garner Tea Party support:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/R?d113%3AFLD004%3A%401%28Rep.+Hudson++Richard%29

sailingaway
01-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I got an email about this event and have to suggest that white lettering on a yellow background doesn't show up well on email. Other than that, it looked excellent!