PDA

View Full Version : Extending an olive branch to Huckabees supporters

Sematary
11-21-2007, 01:56 PM
I've been waiting all day for an email so I could post this on their forums but I don't have all day and patience is definitely NOT one of my virtues. So, since I know that supporters of Huckabee are reading these forums, please post this in your forums for me.

We have a common problem and that common problem is the Supreme Courts decision to take on the 2nd amendment case from DC.
I'm sure, as not only activists for our respective candidates but also as activists for America and firm believers in the true meaning of the 2nd amendment that we can work together on petitioning our respective candidates and our Congressman/women in general to craft legislation NOW that will protect the 2nd amendment from a court that seems determined to destroy the fabric of American society but completely ignoring the true intent of the founders and doing whatever it is they feel like doing.

So, I'm extending an olive branch. I think that this particular issue transcends politics in that it is a bigger issue than our candidates. We both believe that our candidate will take whatever steps are necessary to protect the 2nd amendment once in office but it can't wait that long. So, we need to work together and bring in other groups too.

jashepard
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
here here, like I said last night to huckabee supporters it's about the people, and they have a good ground support of them.

Jaykzo
11-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Come on in, Huckabite's, the water's fine. And don't be scared if you find out you want to stay

Something tells me that in the long run, you really don't want a 23% flat tax AND a neverending war...

Sematary
11-21-2007, 02:02 PM
here here, like I said last night to huckabee supporters it's about the people, and they have a good ground support of them.

I have alot of respect for them as a grassroots. They don't have the sheer numbers that we do, but they are just as passionate about their candidate. We disagree on several issues, especially the need to use government to enforce morality, which is my major concern with MH beyond the fact that he is still in line with GB on the damn war.

Either way - the SCOTUS is putting the nation in a position to become defenseless against tyranny and that cannot be allowed and despite the other differences, I believe we agree with them on the 2nd amendment.

Zydeco
11-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I too welcome Huckabee supporters. Huckabee is not a CFR member and that counts for something in my book.

Sematary
11-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Come on in, Huckabite's, the water's fine. And don't be scared if you find out you want to stay

Something tells me that in the long run, you really don't want a 23% flat tax AND a neverending war...

No name calling! It's rude and childish. Let's keep this on an adult level and try to overcome a common issue, ok?

Zydeco
11-21-2007, 02:03 PM
And can certain Ron Paul supporters please cut it out with the COINTELPRO-style crap on hucksarmy.com? It doesn't make us look good.

Sematary
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
And can certain Ron Paul supporters please cut it out with the COINTELPRO-style crap on hucksarmy.com? It doesn't make us look good.

I don't believe any of those supporters are on these forums but that is off topic and belongs in another thread. In this ONE instance, we need to work WITH them so let's stick to the subject, shall we?

P.S. - If I'm not mistaken, this "revoultion" is about preserving our rights and liberties. Well, you know what? If the SCOTUS shreds the 2nd amendment, it's game over so let's get on the ball. This is far bigger than presidential politics at this point.

10thAmendmentMan
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Either way - the SCOTUS is putting the nation in a position to become defenseless against tyranny and that cannot be allowed and despite the other differences, I believe we agree with them on the 2nd amendment.

It's up to the lawyers to argue properly and for the judges to use some modicum of common sense when ruling. It's out of our hands; there's nothing we can do now... Unless you happen to be able to somehow seduce one of the judges and make him/her rule to your whim.

Jaykzo
11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
No name calling! It's rude and childish. Let's keep this on an adult level and try to overcome a common issue, ok?

Err...

Was that sarcasm?

Sematary
11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
It's up to the lawyers to argue properly and for the judges to use some modicum of common sense when ruling. It's out of our hands; there's nothing we can do now... Unless you happen to be able to somehow seduce one of the judges and make him/her rule to your whim.

You are incorrect, sir. We CAN do something and that SOMETHING is to get our representatives to pre-empt any possible erosion or erradication of the 2nd amendment by clarifying it with statute NOW!

LFOD
11-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm not going to play footsie with Huckabee supporters. They're going to vote for Huckabee until he gives it up, and then they can spend their time thinking about whether to vote for Hillary or Ron.

Sematary
11-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm not going to play footsie with Huckabee supporters. They're going to vote for Huckabee until he gives it up, and then they can spend their time thinking about whether to vote for Hillary or Ron.

I'm not asking you to "play footsie" with them. I'm asking you to look beyond the presidential race for a moment and realize that if the right to bear arms is taken away, there may not BE a presidential election.

Hook
11-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm not asking you to "play footsie" with them. I'm asking you to look beyond the presidential race for a moment and realize that if the right to bear arms is taken away, there may not BE a presidential election.

Oh, there will be, just not voted on in the usual manner. :D

Hook
11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
You are incorrect, sir. We CAN do something and that SOMETHING is to get our representatives to pre-empt any possible erosion or erradication of the 2nd amendment by clarifying it with statute NOW!

Sorry, but no statute is going to override a Supreme Court ruling on the Constitutionality of some law. That is the whole point of determining Constitutionality.

Sematary
11-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Sorry, but no statute is going to override a Supreme Court ruling on the Constitutionality of some law. That is the whole point of determining Constitutionality.

A statute that states CLEARLY that the 2nd amendment DOES guarantee the right of all Americans to keep and bear arms as it states in the constitution will put an end to this stupidity.

literatim
11-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I have no respect for people that want to vote us into a one world government.

davidhperry
11-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Here is another common problem that some Ron Paul supporters share with many of the Huckabee people: ending abortions. Regardless of where folks stand on this issue, I think that the majority want to see less abortions - if not eradicated altogether (as I do). Many people who are pro-choice maintain the belief that it was poorly decided by the Supreme Court.

People have been trying to overturn Roe v. Wade for over three decades and so far it hasn't been successful. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be successful any time soon with the way things are going. Many people elected GWB with the expectation that he would be "the one" to overturn that poor decision. The way process works, many things would have to be aligned all at once in order to change the current state of affairs. I think we fool ourselves if we don't realize this.

With all that said, I do believe that Ron Paul's idea of completely removing the jurisdiction from the SC is the best way to deal with this issue. As Dr. Paul indicated, all it would require would be a vote in congress and then the President signs it into law - that's it. Done. Then, the states would be free to stop abortions and I'm sure many would act on that quickly since most people oppose them. So almost over night, we could drastically reduce the number of abortions out there. For the few states that hold out, we could focus on them more specifically since the effort would be more localized.

If we do what Huckabee is advocating, we're talking about waging lengthy court battles and/or a long process to amend the US constitution. The founders deliberately made it very difficult to make any sort of changes to the constitution.

For the many people who are single-issue voters about abortion, it's clear that Ron Paul's approach is the most effective and practical way to go about it. I haven't read them but he's also written two whole books on this very subject.

Cindy
11-21-2007, 02:50 PM

Semetary was just suggesting that huckabee supporters who are active, may want to know what is happening with the assasination attempt on the 2nd ammendment, and may want to join the independent efforts to do something to stop it.

RPinSEAZ
11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
A statute that states CLEARLY that the 2nd amendment DOES guarantee the right of all Americans to keep and bear arms as it states in the constitution will put an end to this stupidity.

The supreme court will decide what it wants and if it deems the DC ban on handguns is constitutional, the only thing that can be done to override it is an amendment to the constitution.

Ron Paul Fan
11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I have no respect for people who like preemptive war.

LibertyEagle
11-21-2007, 03:00 PM

No kidding! I find it embarrassing to be associated with people who would act so childish.

Huckabee's supporters have not attacked us. Everyone should leave them alone. Sure, they've used some of our ideas. So what? They are free to do so. Isn't that what we stand for? After all, it's a compliment to us really.

Inflation
11-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Are you registered?
Are you a delegate?
Have you applied to be a Poll Worker and/or Vote Count Watcher?
Do you know your polling place?
Have you recruited other supporters to become delegates?
Have you circulated a petition?
Have you verified (from the horse’s mouth) that Ron Paul will be on your state’s ballot?
Do you attend GOP meetings (township - county – state)?
Have you canvassed collecting names and phone numbers and sent it to HQ?
Have you promoted Ron Paul to Christian media and ProLife groups?
Do you ask your local television stations to profile/interview Ron Paul?
Do you write letters to you local newspapers?
Have you promoted Ron Paul at gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, etc?
Have you passed out registration forms to young supporters?
Do you call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul?
Do you have the names, addresses, and phone numbers of your meetup members to be ready to mobilize when needed?
Have you hit the streets passing out DVDs/literature?
Have you sent letters to celebrities asking for an endorsement?
Have you attempted to get your local public access channel to play Ron Paul videos such as his previous interviews in public access shows?