PDA

View Full Version : Piers Morgan petition nearing 100K signatures. Should libertarians support deporting him?

green73
12-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Good on Alex Jones for starting this petition, now nearing 100,000 signatures. It's garnered a heck of a lot of press and been real coup for us in the info war. But as a libertarian would you support the government deporting Piers?

http://i.imgur.com/IpDbE.png (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-british-citizen-piers-morgan-attacking-2nd-amendment/prfh5zHD)

Lindsey
12-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Don't libertarians support the rights of the individual? Is it not Piers right to voice his inane opinions?
Don't libertarians supports open borders? How is deportation congruent with open borders?

supermario21
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
We also have our right to exercise our speech on this issue. And when he calls for doing away with the 2nd amendment and amending the bible to allow gay marriage, I'd say we have our right to deport this madman.

juleswin
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Easy answer. I say No. No matter how dangerous his attack on the right to bear arms is, it is no reason to deport him. Just imagine the precedent this will set if all it took for govt to act was the signatures of enough people on a petition.

If you dont like his speech, boycott CNN, speak out etc. Remember folks, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will NEVER hurt me. I bet this poll will be a good indicator of the republican/democrat - libertarian/anarchist makeup of this forum

Teenager For Ron Paul
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
We also have our right to exercise our speech on this issue. And when he calls for doing away with the 2nd amendment and amending the bible to allow gay marriage, I'd say we have our right to deport this madman.
the freedom of speech is not the freedom to forcibly deport.

Brett85
12-31-2012, 12:54 PM
No, absolutely not. I thought this was just a joke when I first heard about it. It makes no sense to do away with the 1st amendment in order to save the 2nd amendment. Piers Morgan has the 1st amendment right to express his own personal political views.

compromise
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm not for open borders, but I think Piers can do whatever he likes, I don't really care. There's a lot of MSM Americans spouting the exact same talking points, so getting rid of Piers isn't really going to do much.

Philhelm
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM
No, but the Whitehouse petitions are a joke anyway, and it's funny. I really see the petition as a message for the guy to fuck off, rather than any honest attempt to deport him. I didn't sign it though.

liveandletlive
12-31-2012, 01:09 PM
i dont like Piers, an annoying lil twat but on the totem pole of priorities he's on the very bottom. he's probably loving all this free PR

Flugel89
12-31-2012, 01:10 PM
No, but the Whitehouse petitions are a joke anyway, and it's funny. I really see the petition as a message for the guy to fuck off, rather than any honest attempt to deport him. I didn't sign it though.

This. I think the petition is a hilarious jab at him, but he has the right to be a moron and a man-child.
I do hope he leaves on his own accord though.

kcchiefs6465
12-31-2012, 01:12 PM
This. 100%. I do believe that if he is truly that disgusted with the 2nd Amendment he should simply move his ass back accross the pond. Voluntarily, of course. I laugh thinking about deporting that self-righteous prick back to his homeland but still wouldn't sign it. Even idiots are entitled to the 1st.

ETA: You need a 'no, but it amused me' option.

fr33
12-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Nope. I should not support deporting him.

Petitions are officially worthless now btw.

matt0611
12-31-2012, 01:16 PM

This. I'd have no problem signing it cause its kind of a joke, I'm just too lazy to do so.

Statists only understand force, its just speaking to them in their own language.

Feelgood
12-31-2012, 02:10 PM
I would support deporting Alex Jones.

Danan
12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
http://lewrockwell.com/mcmaken/mcmaken148.html

jkob
12-31-2012, 02:26 PM
It's not like he is actually going to be deported so sure whatever, sign the petition. I hope he does deport himself back to the UK but I don't think they want him. Maybe Canada?

beaven
12-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Can we deport Obama & congress instead?

Confederate
12-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Deport him and the rest of the big-government-loving, anti-gun, unborn-child-murder advocating foreigners.

Ben Bernanke
12-31-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't know as a libertarian...

but as an American I absolutely support deporting him. He's a foreign operative who threatens my way of life. He's an enemy to the Bill of Rights. Now is not the time to play nice and roll over.

Antischism
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM
This is more of a joke than anything, so it's fine.

But he can say whatever he wants, really. I also have the right to call him a fucking idiot, so it works out.

Anti Federalist
12-31-2012, 05:02 PM

This.

Anti Federalist
12-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't know as a libertarian...

but as an American I absolutely support deporting him. He's a foreign operative who threatens my way of life. He's an enemy to the Bill of Rights. Now is not the time to play nice and roll over.

And this, even more.

I was torn over this, until reading this.

Fuck him, he is an enemy of my rights, with a public platform on the public airwaves to promote his position, a position I, as just an average Mundane, does not have.

jclay2
12-31-2012, 05:09 PM
What does anyone think of Alex Jones's opinion that Piers is practicing foreign subversion. It does seem that this guy's sole purpose in coming to the united states is disrupt our way of life and destroy the constitution. Anyone have thoughts on this. I am still on the fence.

thoughtomator
12-31-2012, 05:18 PM
He's a foreign enemy on U.S. soil - of course he should be deported. A psyops soldier is just as deadly as one with a rifle.

deadfish
12-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Taking the petition seriously would ruin the humor. It's funny because the White House demonstrated that the WeThePeople Petition crap was just bullshit by refusing to respond to petitions and just outright deleting them without any notice whatsoever.

qh4dotcom
12-31-2012, 05:49 PM
If I recall correctly, 98% of the electorate attacked the 2nd amendment last November because 98% of the electorate supported and voted for Obama and Romney, two candidates who support a ban on assault weapons..

twomp
12-31-2012, 05:56 PM
I think this is hilarious and I don't think he should really be deported for speaking his mind though. I find it even more hilarious that the British have started a petition saying that they want don't want Piers back and for him to stay in the U.S.

After a petition to deport Piers Morgan hit 74,000 signatures at the White House website—almost three times the amount needed to require the Obama administration to address it with a reply, a new petition launched on Christmas to keep Morgan in the U.S.—because the U.K. doesn’t want him back.

More here:

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/192753/rival-petition-wants-piers-morgan-to-stay-in-the-u-s-because-brits-dont-want-him-back/

jclay2
12-31-2012, 06:02 PM
I think this is hilarious and I don't think he should really be deported for speaking his mind though. I find it even more hilarious that the British have started a petition saying that they want don't want Piers back and for him to stay in the U.S.

More here:

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/192753/rival-petition-wants-piers-morgan-to-stay-in-the-u-s-because-brits-dont-want-him-back/

lol....That is funny. We should give the US the victory just based off signatures. Or we could jointly deport him to Venezuela where his philosophy might be more welcomed.

tttppp
12-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Don't libertarians support the rights of the individual? Is it not Piers right to voice his inane opinions?
Don't libertarians supports open borders? How is deportation congruent with open borders?

True but we have the right to throw him off the air if we dont like him.

buck000
12-31-2012, 06:19 PM
I would rather 100,000 people contact CNN or their advertisers and say they're voting with their $$$.

Use of government force is just not good, imho, whether it's taxation, corp. monopoly, or a ding-dong like Mr. Morgan.

ican'tvote
12-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Because that's just what we need. The government deporting people because they are pricks. We are going to have a population of about 5 million in that case.

Confederate
12-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Because that's just what we need. The government deporting people because they are pricks. We are going to have a population of about 5 million in that case.

If you're a foreigner, being in the US is a privilege. When you attempt to subvert the Constitution and the people's only recourse against tyranny, you lose that privilege.

Occam's Banana
12-31-2012, 07:26 PM

Phil's got it pegged. Must spread reputation ...

mport1
12-31-2012, 08:11 PM
No, the government shouldn't be able to deport anyone for any reason.

Confederate
12-31-2012, 08:15 PM
No, the government shouldn't be able to deport anyone for any reason.

Only US citizens have a right to be in the US, foreigners do not. Being in the US is a privilege if you're not a citizen.

mport1
12-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Only US citizens have a right to be in the US, foreigners do not. Being in the US is a privilege if you're not a citizen.

There is no such thing as a U.S. citizen:

Citizen (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/citizen) - a native or naturalized member of a state or nation who owes allegiance to its government and is entitled to its protection.

The supreme court has ruled over and over again that the government has no obligation to protect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia) the public.

Additionally, people have a right to property, and that means property owners can let anybody they want onto their property no matter what plot of land they were born on.

osan
12-31-2012, 08:44 PM
What brand of idiotic nonsense is this? The answer is so obvious the question should never be asked. This is filler - fluff - it is a distraction from things that might actually be important.

Jesus Christ in a taxicab.

satchelmcqueen
12-31-2012, 09:01 PM
if morgan were a citizen id say leave him alone with his views. however he is not and has started talks about gun grabs against my rights. i say deport him. he has no voice here as far as im concerned.

Confederate
12-31-2012, 09:02 PM
if morgan were a citizen id say leave him alone with his views. however he is not and has started talks about gun grabs against my rights. i say deport him. he has no voice here as far as im concerned.

+rep

sailingaway
12-31-2012, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't say what others should do, and I don't even want to chain myself to a label. However, I didn't sign because I don't think people should be deported for stating their views. On the other hand, if what the man wants is gun control, pointing out that he voluntarily left a place that had it seems fair game.

fr33
12-31-2012, 10:02 PM
What does anyone think of Alex Jones's opinion that Piers is practicing foreign subversion. It does seem that this guy's sole purpose in coming to the united states is disrupt our way of life and destroy the constitution. Anyone have thoughts on this. I am still on the fence.I think it's collectivist to accuse an individual of representing another state. I wouldn't say that your alleged sole purpose is his only purpose for moving here. I'm sure the million dollar salary has something to do with it.

fr33
12-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Being in the US is a privilege if you're not a citizen.And if you're a citizen it's just a prison sentence.

Bman
12-31-2012, 10:39 PM
A foreign national petitioning for my rights to be infringed? Should I petition for their rights to be infringed? What rights are we talking about? Property rights? Well if we are talking about property rights and I am the owner of the property by all means ship his ass back home.