PDA

View Full Version : AWB would ban many pistols, hunting rifles and shotguns. Grandfathered guns become NFA

tangent4ronpaul
12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
This video is well worth the watch. A few highlights:

Anything that can accept more than 10 rounds or could accept a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds will be banned.

You will not be able to sell, transfer of give banned guns to anyone. That means that in 1 generation no more AW's. If you are a collector, you are screwed.

All grandfathered weapons will become NFA weapons. That stands for National Firearm Act and means that anything they call a AW would be treated just like a machine gun, a silencer, a SBR or a DD. There is a $200 tax stamp from the BATFE that is needed for each NFA firearm and some states like mine requite a $10 fee per year. If you fail to register or pay the yearly fee, you are a instant felon and looking at a minimum 10 year sentence in a federal pen. They can come and inspect NFA weapons at any time of the day or night. If you can't produce them, you are an instant felon. You have to write the BATFE and request permission to transport a NFA firearm across state lines. It usually takes them 4-6 months to grant this permission.

If they treat them like machine guns, it will be a felony to have ammunition near the firearm.

In addition to registering the make, model and serial number, you will have to go through a background check, submit fingerprint cards, etc. for EACH weapon. It gets worse. You will need your local sheriffs sign off to own your own firearms, and a anti-gun sheriff could unilaterally ban all AW's in their area by refusing to sign.

Then there are trusts, and it might be a really good idea to put your firearms in a trust, as a trust outlives you and gets rid of a lot of requirements. I'm pretty sure you don't need the sheriff sign off if it's a trust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDglpt8hpyg&feature=player_embedded

-t

shane77m
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
If all of the gun just didn't recognize this ban if it were to get passed would it be possible to prosecute them all?

Anti Federalist
12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
If all of the gun just didn't recognize this ban if it were to get passed would it be possible to prosecute them all?

Yes.

See ya on the other side, boyos.

AuH20
12-30-2012, 09:28 PM
The economy really must be hanging by a string if they want this implemented. Make no mistake about it. This has nothing to do with gun control.

tony m
12-30-2012, 09:36 PM
The economy really must be hanging by a string if they want this implemented. Make no mistake about it. This has nothing to do with gun control.

It is a way to slow down, get people to give up arms, and deter future purchases of maybe any kind.

Things are in high gear all around.

TywinLannister
12-30-2012, 09:50 PM
It won't pass, and it will probably backfire. This political situation just might be a gift in disguise.

I've been wanting to get a Ruger 22...maybe the price will drop since all the gun owners are buying assault rifles.

NoOneButPaul
12-30-2012, 10:01 PM

My thoughts exactly

tangent4ronpaul
12-30-2012, 10:02 PM
You know how they are using the term "Assault Rifle" instead of "Assault Weapon" this time around? Since they are trying to make all AW's NFA firearms, I'm wondering if they are going to make it legal to convert them to full auto, since you have to jump through all the same hoops and controls as having a machine gun anyway.

-t

kcchiefs6465
12-30-2012, 10:05 PM
You know how they are using the term "Assault Rifle" instead of "Assault Weapon" this time around? Since they are trying to make all AW's NFA firearms, I'm wondering if they are going to make it legal to convert them to full auto, since you have to jump through all the same hoops and controls as having a machine gun anyway.
-t
Lmao. You can't be serious.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2012, 10:08 PM
It won't pass, and it will probably backfire. This political situation just might be a gift in disguise.

I've been wanting to get a Ruger 22...maybe the price will drop since all the gun owners are buying assault rifles.

You better hope it doesn't.

Ruger 10/22 will be banned.

Anything that can accept more than 10 rounds or could accept a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds will be banned.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2012, 10:11 PM
This will likely pass, after NRA gets involved, strikes a few of the most outrageous lines in the bill, but compromises on the rest and helps pass a bill banning millions of weapons.

They will then send out fundraising letters telling everybody how "They Stopped The Feinstein Gun Ban!!!"

kcchiefs6465
12-30-2012, 10:18 PM
This will likely pass, after NRA gets involved, strikes a few of the most outrageous lines in the bill, but compromises on the rest and helps pass a bill banning millions of weapons.

They will then send out fundraising letters telling everybody how "They Stopped The Feinstein Gun Ban!!!"
This is the unfortunate truth.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
This is the unfortunate truth.

And all the people that charged out and bought firearms in the past couple of years?

We'll then see that the feds were lying all along and there are permanent records being kept of purchases: Officer Friendly and SWAT capable "Illegal Weapons Task Force" will have a nice handy list of names, SSNs and addresses.

foxtrotterz
12-30-2012, 10:40 PM
THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Britain, with an army to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right (not only to TAX) but "to BIND us in ALL CASES WHATSOEVER" and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.

The American Crisis Thomas Paine
December 23, 1776

foxtrotterz
12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
http://peacerevolution.podomatic.com/player/web/2012-01-17T15_00_48-08_00

I suggest listening to the whole thing. I do particularly enjoy 2 hrs and 25 min in, when you hear the entire convention that features Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death" Speech. Can't recommend enough that all patriots hear this as it is very well done and makes you feel like you are sitting in the crowd the day it was given, much better than any other version I have heard.

Again, the whole podcast is worth a listen, but this is particularly a part worth hearing if you can't tune in for the entire thing.

TheTexan
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
This whole thing is just a giant misunderstanding. The black military-looking rifles are intimidating. I get it. It's mean looking. Evil looking, even.

Here Diane, I propose a compromise??

http://www.riflegear.com/blogimages/ShootingKitty1.jpg

Smart3
12-30-2012, 10:53 PM
My Senator. Disgusting.

Philhelm
12-31-2012, 12:14 AM
This whole thing is just a giant misunderstanding. The black military-looking rifles are intimidating. I get it. It's mean looking. Evil looking, even.

Here Diane, I propose a compromise??

http://www.riflegear.com/blogimages/ShootingKitty1.jpg

No deal.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-31-2012, 12:19 AM

What a dreadful thought. Fuck...that's all I've got.

Tod
12-31-2012, 01:00 AM

Ruger 10/22 will certainly be included because it can accept a hi-cap magazine.

bolil
12-31-2012, 03:09 AM
Alls I gots ta say is .22LR.

tangent4ronpaul
12-31-2012, 03:22 AM
Alls I gots ta say is .22LR.

Cheap but a PITA to reload.

-t

Pericles
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
One unintended consequence: Those that refuse to comply will no longer have the constraint of trying to keep weapons of military utility "legal". Those retained weapons, may become much more lethal than "bullet button" semi autos.

Acala
12-31-2012, 10:18 AM
I highly doubt they are stupid enough to pass a law that turns millions of people into felons overnight. There are not enough Federal agents to enforce it and it would turn violent very quickly. They put the more onerous provisions in with the intent of bargaining them away. They are aiming at reinstating the high cap mag ban and "assault rifle" ban they had before. In any negotiation you start by asking for more than you think you will get.

And if the stock market seriously crashes, which it might any day, the wind may drop out of the gun control sails entirely. Hard to predict, but I am willing to put money down that existing weapons and mags will be grandfathered with no registration required.

Pericles
12-31-2012, 10:42 AM
I highly doubt they are stupid enough to pass a law that turns millions of people into felons overnight. There are not enough Federal agents to enforce it and it would turn violent very quickly. They put the more onerous provisions in with the intent of bargaining them away. They are aiming at reinstating the high cap mag ban and "assault rifle" ban they had before. In any negotiation you start by asking for more than you think you will get.

And if the stock market seriously crashes, which it might any day, the wind may drop out of the gun control sails entirely. Hard to predict, but I am willing to put money down that existing weapons and mags will be grandfathered with no registration required.

It is a question of how our opponents view time. If they think that time works for them, they do as you suggest, so that over time, the increased restrictions gradually diminish gun ownership as subsequent generations will not miss what they never had. If they think the window of opportunity will close quickly, there is an urge (especially among people who have no concept of self restraint) to overreach.

Acala
12-31-2012, 11:03 AM
It is a question of how our opponents view time. If they think that time works for them, they do as you suggest, so that over time, the increased restrictions gradually diminish gun ownership as subsequent generations will not miss what they never had. If they think the window of opportunity will close quickly, there is an urge (especially among people who have no concept of self restraint) to overreach.

Overreaching helps us because it will create massive noncompliance, resistance, and a backlash. The incremental approach is more dangerous.

TheTexan
12-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Overreaching helps us because it will create massive noncompliance, resistance, and a backlash. The incremental approach is more dangerous.

The pressure is surely on them to take our guns while they can. They see the storm coming, as we do.

Tod
12-31-2012, 11:56 AM
How many "incidents", assuming there was not a simultaneous action, would it take before public perception of the resistance changed from "just another gun nut who broke a law" to "there is something going on here"?

Pericles
12-31-2012, 12:08 PM
How many "incidents", assuming there was not a simultaneous action, would it take before public perception of the resistance changed from "just another gun nut who broke a law" to "there is something going on here"?

Requires two conditions:
1. A tactical success, meaning an encounter where regime forces are defeated and thus;
2. An ability to transmit propaganda to articulate the reasons for the conflict, with a politically palatable alternative

tangent4ronpaul
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
I highly doubt they are stupid enough to pass a law that turns millions of people into felons overnight.

There is so much BS on the books right now, that the average citizen commits 3 felonies a day! This country already has the highest prison population in the world!

-t

Tod
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
I highly doubt they are stupid enough to pass a law that turns millions of people into felons overnight.

But when the nightly news is talking about another evil felon apprehended and the viewer feels isolated, not knowing who he can trust and knows that he is committing a felony by not complying with their new laws, the pressure is on.

Pericles
12-31-2012, 12:31 PM
There is so much BS on the books right now, that the average citizen commits 3 felonies a day! This country already has the highest prison population in the world!

-t

True - but consider this: Most people don't think of themselves as criminals, much less felons, although strict application of existing laws and regulations make us so.

Many of these "law abiding" gun owners will have an unavoidable choice to make - whether to be a gun owner or be law abiding. Heretofore, that choice was not so explicit, and once the choice to remain a gun owner is made, the Rubicon has been crossed.

XNavyNuke
01-03-2013, 08:51 AM
We'll then see that the feds were lying all along and there are permanent records being kept of purchases: Officer Friendly and SWAT capable "Illegal Weapons Task Force" will have a nice handy list of names, SSNs and addresses.

Don't forget the justification points that this information will add to "high risk" warrant approvals. Put more miles on that SWAT tank.

XNN

TomtheTinker
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
These guys are pushing me to the point of no return...ill tell u this im getting to the point where I put in my gorilla suit.

TonySutton
01-03-2013, 09:28 AM
A Ruger 10/22 was used in a mass elementary school shooting in the late 70's or early 80's by a 16 year old girl. If I remember right it was 2 adults dead and about a dozen children injured. This happened in San Diego I think. Boomtown Rats sang a song about it called I Don't Like Mondays.

shane77m
01-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept
more than 10 rounds
I guess my Marlin Model 60 will be included.

I am not sure about my SKS. Technically it is an antique.

Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons

This is the part that will be interesting. Could that mean raising that domestic army that Obama wanted?

Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

kcchiefs6465
01-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I guess my Marlin Model 60 will be included.

I am not sure about my SKS. Technically it is an antique.

This is the part that will be interesting. Could that mean raising that domestic army that Obama wanted?
An antique is any gun manufactured before 1898- at least it was last time I checked. This was a few years back and I'm sure if it is just X amount of years ago or if that year is set in stone.

ETA: Yup, year is set in stone.

Title 18, Section 921(a)(16) then defines "antique firearm" as follows:

"The term 'antique firearm' means -
•(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; and
•(B) any replica of any firearm described in subparagraph (A) if such replica -
•(i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or
•(ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade."

shane77m
01-03-2013, 11:06 AM
An antique is any gun manufactured before 1898- at least it was last time I checked. This was a few years back and I'm sure if it is just X amount of years ago or if that year is set in stone.

ETA: Yup, year is set in stone.

Title 18, Section 921(a)(16) then defines "antique firearm" as follows:

"The term 'antique firearm' means -
•(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; and
•(B) any replica of any firearm described in subparagraph (A) if such replica -
•(i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or
•(ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade."

Thanks. I guess I need to go buy me an antique musket. I imagine the gun grabbers would come for that next.

Illinois could be a preview of things to come if their gun control bill passes.
h ttp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/illinois-dems-press-forward-with-gun-control-bills-firearms-group-warns-no/