via
http://ericpetersautos.com/2012/12/30/hero-cop-threatens-ass-rape-for-speeding/

Lucille
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Welcome to Amerika! And they wonder why people call them "pigs."

Lemme guess: Texas?

Danke
12-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I thought the cop handled that well. lol. No ticket, just trying to scare the punks.

acptulsa
12-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I've never had a cop both chew me out and write me a ticket. Therefore, I've never publicized such events, for fear that said cop would be 'made an example of', and several cops would be discouraged from letting people off with a warning.

Furthermore, I see nothing in that video that would lead me to believe that this cop is not disgusted with the state of the American penal systems in general, nor do I see anything that leads me to believe that he does not take seriously his ability to subject people to the sorry local penal system. What I think I see here is a cop who is risking his job in choosing not to haul someone to jail for driving 28 mph over the limit on an international drivers' license, and dislikes being put in that position. I do not know what jurisdiction this is, or whether the local laws require that someone driving 28 over on an international license be jailed for it. But I do know that such laws are not uncommon, for the obvious reason that such a person could leave the nation without ever addressing the violation. And in the likely event that he was faced with a Hobson's choice like that, I applaud this cop for making the choice he made. Whether he vented his spleen in the process or not. If he's going to do the humane thing, I say he has the right to be merely human when he does it.

Therefore, I hope you will all excuse me for reserving my disgust for the person who posted that video and hasn't pulled it down, thereby exposing a cop who is actually willing to risk his career by letting this driver and guest to our nation off scot free. Furthermore, I will not only not circulate this vid, this is the last time I bump this thread.

truelies
12-30-2012, 01:03 PM
The cop is a worthless oiece of macho shit who deserves yo lose his position and pension. Write the ticket if it is justified AND do so in a civil manner. Is it that HARD? Apparently for this low brow piece of white trash barney the answer is YES.

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-30-2012, 01:10 PM
The cop didn't let him off because he cares. The cop let him off because it's more complicated to write a ticket for a foreign national than it is for someone in their own country/state. What's going to happen if he goes back to Germany and never pays the ticket? Nothing.

Danke
12-30-2012, 01:24 PM
The cop didn't let him off because he cares. The cop let him off because it's more complicated to write a ticket for a foreign national than it is for someone in their own country/state. What's going to happen if he goes back to Germany and never pays the ticket? Nothing.

Most rental cars require a credit card. And in the rental agreement they can charge your CC for any unpaid fines plus fees. But maybe he could cancel his CC? But being from Germany probably does complicate the matter.

Edit: I guess that is only for parking, photo tickets and tolls.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-30-2012, 01:31 PM
thereby exposing a cop who is actually willing to risk his career by letting this driver and guest to our nation off scot free. Furthermore, I will not only not circulate this vid, this is the last time I bump this thread.

Considering everything cops get away with, I think this guy would make it through the internal review process for not processing a speeding violation properly. It's not like he shot someone or their dog for no reason. His behavior otherwise was horrible.

Funny how cops are always doing people "favors" by lowering their ticket amount, etc. You'd think it's part of their job to do everyone a "favor" by reducing their charges on the spot, etc.

There have been a few times where cops did not write me up for whatever reason, and they always explained they were about to get off, in a hurry to get someplace, etc. It was always at their convenience. I did typically get some verbal abuse instead. Maybe that's just normal procedure for them.

Ender
12-30-2012, 01:33 PM

'Zactly.