PDA

View Full Version : "There's Never Been Anyone Like Ron Paul As the Republican shills at the NRA discover."

sailingaway
12-29-2012, 11:47 PM
https://gunnyg.wordpress.com/2012/12/28/retiring-rep-ron-paul-becomes-first-republican-to-rip-nras-plan-for-armed-guards-at-schools-saying-that-it-would-create-orwellian-surveillance-state/

Real_CaGeD
12-30-2012, 09:50 AM
"Those that give up Liberty for security deserve neither."

I calculate "we" Paulestinians make up only 3% of the population.

Thus, I support the confiscation of all fire arms from the population. Kind of radical for this Larry McDonald Georgian, but think it through.

sailingaway
12-30-2012, 12:37 PM
"Those that give up Liberty for security deserve neither."

I calculate "we" Paulestinians make up only 3% of the population.

Thus, I support the confiscation of all fire arms from the population. Kind of radical for this Larry McDonald Georgian, but think it through.

I think we are 10%, with more as softer support. I think a bunch of indies are us, and a bunch of not declared at all are. But with so few like Ron Paul running, what incentive to tempt Ron Paul type voters to pay attention to the primaries?

I only looked at the primary at ALL in 2008 because I despised McCain. And while I donated to the Nov 5 and Dec 16 money bombs, I wasn't really sold until I 'did my final research' before voting in the primary -- about one week before the primary. Enough of the spew against Ron kinda stuck that I was thinking he was likely the best protest vote, but that there was probably some fire to go with the smoke, if only on a 'he USED to be...' basis. Specifically, I was thinking of the newsletters, which popped like a soap bubble if you actually look into them wanting to find the answer. If Ron had been running as a Dem or independent, I'd have been out of luck, the deadline for party registration had passed.