PDA

View Full Version : Facebook bans Natural News after Gandhi quote

liberalnurse
12-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Mike Adams was on Coast to Coast last night to talk about this. He also said someone else's account was banned for the Jefferson quote, watering the tree of liberty.
http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Gandhi_quote_Facebook_censorship.html

tangent4ronpaul
12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
InfoWars.com is also now reporting that Facebook is running an across-the-board PURGE of pro-gun accounts. A huge number of accounts are all being systematically disabled or suspended, with all content being wiped clean.

We have entered the era of the Ministry of Truth from George Orwell's 1984 novel. And while Facebook assaults the First Amendment in America, Senator Feinstein is busy assaulting the Second.

Collectivist propaganda has now reached a point where you can't even discuss liberty or anything out of history that supported the right to keep and bear arms. You are required to stay focused solely on celebrity gossip, sports stars, fashion distractions and tabloid garbage. Anyone who wishes to discuss actual American history must now go underground and speak softly in dimly-lit rooms, behind secret walls and drawn curtains.

-t

Keith and stuff
12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
The headline is misleading. You may post Natural News articles to FB. That isn't banned. This is annoying, though. I post gun gun stuff to FB all of the time. I've never had an issue. I am sorry that some people lost FB accounts.

ZENemy
12-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Well, this country boo'ed the golden rule, I guess Gandhi is also evil.

Keith and stuff
12-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Well, this country boo'ed the golden rule, I guess Gandhi is also evil.

In all fairness, that was just a certain group of likely Republican voters in South Carolina.

ZENemy
12-28-2012, 08:36 PM
In all fairness, that was just a certain group of likely Republican voters in South Carolina.

I have a feeling it would have been the same anywhere.

Tpoints
12-28-2012, 09:04 PM
would be nice if they were either given a warning or told the specific violation/guideline.

youngbuck
12-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I bet some raging hippie liberal douche who was visiting NaturalNews' facebook page saw the picture, was terribly upset at the cognitive dissonance that it invoked, and decided to report it as offensive/racist/violence or some other garbage. You know, the standard see-something-say-something protocol.

angelatc
12-28-2012, 09:31 PM
would be nice if they were either given a warning or told the specific violation/guideline.

Oe of the biggest consiracy believers I know said that 17 people (I believe the people mentioned above are in that group) were admins on a Facebook group that posted a picture of a horse sexually mounting a policeman, and that the FB community reported the picture. That resulted in the mods being suspended, but their pages weren't taken down.

Natural Citizen
12-28-2012, 09:32 PM
The headline is misleading. You may post Natural News articles to FB. That isn't banned. This is annoying, though. I post gun gun stuff to FB all of the time. I've never had an issue. I am sorry that some people lost FB accounts.

The headline itself isn't the nuts and bolts of the issue at hand. It's not about natural news headlines. It's about a massive political purge of any kind of critical thought speech that isn't relative to whatever stupid reality show you post that you watched or the regular collectivist nonsense they promote like pictures of yer cat as the way society should be thinking. Collectivist thinking is what is being ushered in by these social platforms.

Listen to the discussion on it. Much is discussed regarding the attacks on the bill of rights from all angles and I'm glad that Mike had the audience that he had to hear what was said. We cannot any longer downplay the seriousness of what is happening with such language as meh....it's a misleading headline. What the heck is that? No wonder people don't have a clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LW1WQyfTI

Anti Federalist
12-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Post my shit on FarceBook, "never mind the prying eyes of every government spook and asshole cop in the country crawling all over it", they said...

"It's a great way to spread the message of freedom", they said...

"What could go wrong?", they said...

Wait until people start losing their jobs over this.

Oh, wait, that's right, any employer should have the right to fire your ass for exercising your rights.

Natural Citizen
12-28-2012, 09:47 PM
And I'll say one more thing now that I'm reminded. Folks would do well to start placing some of these political marketing venturists under a microscope regarding social platforms and marketing of mindsets as well. There's another less scrutinized means of collectivist distraction being finagled there too. You can see it from a mile away.

Tpoints
12-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Post my shit on FarceBook, "never mind the prying eyes of every government spook and asshole cop in the country crawling all over it", they said...

"It's a great way to spread the message of freedom", they said...

"What could go wrong?", they said...

Wait until people start losing their jobs over this.

Oh, wait, that's right, any employer should have the right to fire your ass for exercising your rights.

what are you ranting about? you believe your employer doesn't have a right to fire your ass if they find out things about you from purely legal means?

When freedom lovers get suspended, should they be happy that the government is no spying on them anymore? Can't be much of a spying operation if the user can't even log in, right?

thoughtomator
12-28-2012, 09:48 PM

Do you seriously doubt they were unrepresentative of the GOP in general?

Tpoints
12-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Oe of the biggest consiracy believers I know said that 17 people (I believe the people mentioned above are in that group) were admins on a Facebook group that posted a picture of a horse sexually mounting a policeman, and that the FB community reported the picture. That resulted in the mods being suspended, but their pages weren't taken down.

that would make LOTS of sense if it was true. Isn't there a thing lately about how a person can add you to a group without your permission? If that's the case, it can easily be abused (I can add a list of people I don't like to my group, and make them all mods/admins, then post something bannable...etc)

Anti Federalist
12-28-2012, 09:53 PM
what are you ranting about? you believe your employer doesn't have a right to fire your ass if they find out things about you from purely legal means?

When freedom lovers get suspended, should they be happy that the government is no spying on them anymore? Can't be much of a spying operation if the user can't even log in, right?

Where the hell have you been, of course I don't.

And please, don't even come back to me with "property rights".

Mega-Global-Hyper Corp. a creation of the state, can take their "property rights" and cram 'em sideways with walnuts.

That said, you should not vomit up every detail of your life onto FedBook.

Natural Citizen
12-28-2012, 09:56 PM

If the user cannot log in because he or she excercised critical thought then it's a purge of non-collectivist speech. A purge of critical thinkers from the platform. What the heck's the matter with you?

Natural Citizen
12-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh, nevermind. I forgot you're the one who said the economy was booming. Housing market, auto industry and all of that. You're already brainwashed as far as I can tell from some of your postings. Probably fit right in with the collectivist thinkers over there at facebook who think we should only be discussing the newest reality show or whatever gmo treat we just stuffed down our traps instead of these attacks against critical thought. Gosh. I knew I shouldn't have opened the door to this thread. Standard spin...

Tpoints
12-28-2012, 10:05 PM
If the user cannot log in because he or she excercised critical thought then it's a purge of non-collectivist speech. A purge of critical thinkers from the platform. What the heck's the matter with you?

my point was this : then they can't complain somebody is spying on them when they can't even log in.

Tpoints
12-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Oh, nevermind. I forgot you're the one who said the economy was booming.

Who said that?

Tpoints
12-28-2012, 10:07 PM
That said, you should not vomit up every detail of your life onto FedBook.

Fedbook doesn't want to spy on me, so they blocked me...If I am stupid enough to vomit every detail of my life onto it because I'm an attention whore, who do I blame but myself?

Natural Citizen
12-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Mike didn't spew a bunch of silly fodder about his life on a facebook page. He quoted Gandhi. He was suspended because of that...or because others who reported him for his critical thought got to figgerin that he wasn't collectivist enough and should be discussing reality shows or something like good little sheep and subsequently told that in order to get his page back he would have to provide a government Identification card to facebook. Think about that. Problem...Reaction...Solution. With that model, I'd say a lot of critical thinkers should be getting prepared for suspension in order to conform to the latter resolution that appears in convenient form. Another government controlled market ushered in by the collectivist dolts who have no clue what their rights are even, much less show any concern for their keeping them. Bill of Rights? What's that? Phhht. I tell you, man. People need to get their heads out of their arses and start discussing the reality of the situation instead of spinning it six ways from Tuesday and playing it down to remedial sheeple speak. Gosh.

John F Kennedy III
12-28-2012, 10:27 PM
I have a feeling it would have been the same anywhere.

It would have been, IMO.

Natural Citizen
12-28-2012, 10:27 PM
my point was this : then they can't complain somebody is spying on them when they can't even log in.

Except your point isn't the point. It's just your point. And it's irrelevant in scope of the matter at hand. What you're doing is essentially running interference in discussing the actual issue.

John F Kennedy III
12-28-2012, 10:30 PM

Unfortunately it's called Fedbook for a reason and the government don't follow no rules but their own.

Tpoints
12-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately it's called Fedbook for a reason and the government don't follow no rules but their own.

it's irrelevant once you're blocked from using it.

John F Kennedy III
12-28-2012, 10:51 PM
it's irrelevant once you're blocked from using it.

True in the context of the actual Facebook site.

RickyJ
12-28-2012, 11:39 PM

The retarded group. Which unfortunately appears to be a lot of them.

ClydeCoulter
12-29-2012, 01:40 AM
I posted the quote and the link to the article on FaceBook yesterday, and so far have not been banned.

RickyJ
12-29-2012, 01:52 AM
I posted the quote and the link to the article on FaceBook yesterday, and so far have not been banned.

You are very brave. :D

I think it was only a temp ban, most are back now. Might have been some left wing nut letting a little moderating power go to his head at Facebook and not actually company policy. I hope that is the case anyway.

akforme
12-29-2012, 09:18 AM
InfoWars.com is also now reporting that Facebook is running an across-the-board PURGE of pro-gun accounts. A huge number of accounts are all being systematically disabled or suspended, with all content being wiped clean.

We have entered the era of the Ministry of Truth from George Orwell's 1984 novel. And while Facebook assaults the First Amendment in America, Senator Feinstein is busy assaulting the Second.

This is not an assault on the first amendment. Nobody has the right to somebody elses property. Facebook is private property, them banning you is in all shapes and forms their use of the first amendment.

Now that I'm saying they are right, just they have the right. I think facebook is about the sleaziest company around, I love that it's stock has plummeted

specsaregood
12-29-2012, 09:23 AM
for those that didn't want to click the link to find out what the quote was, I did it for you.
this is what the uproar is about:

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Keith and stuff
12-29-2012, 10:08 AM
The former speaker of the New Hampshire House is with you. He just posted this to Facebook.

William O'Brien
3 minutes ago
Facebook suspended the Natural News account on Thursday after it posted the following quote from Mohandas Gandhi opposing gun control. The reason given was that Natural New's posting did not meet “Community Guidelines.”

The quote reads:

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi, An Autobiography, The Story of My Experiments with Truth, page 446 (Beacon Press paperback edition).

Let’s keep this quote going around Facebook as one more effort to oppose liberal/regressive censorship.

-Bill

pcosmar
12-29-2012, 10:10 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/430897_10151148942711316_1747300922_n.jpg

:)