PDA

View Full Version : RP Quote: "The showings in the early primaries will make or break the campaign."

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 01:02 PM
"The showings in the early primaries will make or break the campaign."

The above is an EXACT QUOTE from Ron Paul today on the Alex Jones show.

DRV45N05
11-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I think this is pretty common knowledge.

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 01:05 PM
It's pretty much for any campaign.

anewvoice
11-21-2007, 01:07 PM
It does beg the question though,. is the formal campaign going to step down if we don't hit some magic number in each of the early states?

Menthol Patch
11-21-2007, 01:08 PM
It does beg the question though,. is the formal campaign going to step down if we don't hit some magic number in each of the early states?

Of course not! The campaign is NOT going to give up.

0zzy
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Ya, but he isn't looking for top 1 in all like some people are (cough, mccain)

Corydoras
11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
It won't be long until the days of reckoning are here.
:eek:

ItsTime
11-21-2007, 08:58 PM
top 4 in Iowa, top 3 in NH and he shocks the world into reality.

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Ya, but he isn't looking for top 1 in all like some people are (cough, mccain)

He's just talking big. Problem is, he is going to look defeated in the first result or two.

Wayne Hammond
11-21-2007, 09:08 PM

Yes. While the goal is the #1 spot in these early primaries, if we score in the top 4 in both NH and IA, we have a pretty good chance of this movement going ballistic, creating an exponential force, leading to an eventual win of the nomination.

paulitics
11-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I think this is pretty common knowledge.

But on this board people like to argue the contrary. Always bringing up McCain or Buchanan...or how Giuiani can win this year without carrying any early states.

ItsTime
11-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I should say I think we are looking at a 1 or 2 in New Hampshire. The other day 20 people gathered in my small town for a sign wave.... OUTSIDE of the Meet Up groups and such. It was a pretty amazing site. Most of these people were 50 plus in age and one was a town selectmen. We are on the move.

Yes. While the goal is the #1 spot in these early primaries, if we score in the top 4 in both NH and IA, we have a pretty good chance of this movement going ballistic, creating an exponential force, leading to an eventual win of the nomination.

max
11-21-2007, 09:16 PM
if he doesnt win NH...or at least a strong 2nd....its a very bad sign....

campaign had better start exposing romney's flip flops in nh and soon

IHaveaDream
11-21-2007, 09:17 PM
In an interview many months ago, RP stated that he would have to reconsider his candidacy if the primaries didn't go well. However, that was before this grassroots effort really caught fire. I really don't think RP had any idea that all this would happen.

I think yesterday's urgent request for funds was very poorly timed, but I understand and agree with their position. They're just lucky that the Huckabites had a money bomb of thier own under way. Otherwise, I believe most supporters would have opted to hold out for the Tea Party.

Personally, I feel like the money bomb concept is being abused and people are going to grow weary of it after awhile. I know this is a bottom-up campaign, but there's still the need for an ordered strategy.

My two-cents.

Nash
11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
If all we're interested in doing is spreading the message of liberty we can keep sending money and he can stay in the race until the end and it doesn't really matter if he wins primaries.

If we have any intention of winning then we better start by winning New Hampshire.

If he can't win there then he can't win anywhere.

There are some voters out there who don't know his name. But we're getting to the point where a lot of people know who he is but won't vote for him because "he can't win".

We must change this mindset and one big way to do that is a New Hampshire victory.

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 09:27 PM
I thinf the tipping point psychologically will be when he hits double figures in the MSM polls. The sooner he gets there, the better.

MozoVote
11-21-2007, 09:27 PM
I take the attitude, that I hope to see Ron fight for every delegate he can get. Landing say... 4th in Iowa and 3rd in NH is not a reason to bow out. In my mind, the priciples that he's advocating are more important than even the nomination. The larger the "Liberty wing" that Ron can assemble in the GOP, the more relevant it is for future campaigns.

The party leaders are willing to write off 1% or 2% of their primary voters. But I don't think they would at 10% or better. There is a threshold, somewhere, that they would begin to realize that it is a large enough faction to be worth making some concessions to.

Think of McCain's campaign finance bills. Or Jesse Jackson's demands of how delegates are allotted among the Democrats. Minor candidiates with a "hard base" and meaningful vote counts CAN push some of their agenda through. That is what "hammering out the platform" is all about.

Apauled
11-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I 'll bet you 10-1 he takes NH (without any vote fraud)

nyrgoal99
11-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Those numbers are good, but I think a top 3 in Iowa or somehow a top 2 in NH would be amazing

LFOD
11-21-2007, 10:05 PM
The only good thing about the constant dismissal of RP in the MSM is that any finish in the top 3 will be regarded as "exceeding expectations" and so it will get positive coverage. 4th in NH - the beginning of the end. 3rd - "mixing up the race" 2nd - "Does Ron Paul have a chance?" 1st - "Ron Paul stuns GOP" :D

Doc Dewey
11-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Don't candidates drop out of the primaries because their corp/special interest
money bags go chasing a winner to buy. If we keep funding Ron Paul
(like there is a second best candidate) We should be able to keep the
momentum going.

Jimmy
11-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Off topic abit....but I just thought I would add something....

I have a really good feeling about this election. I have faith in this campaign...BUT If for some crazed reason he doesn't do well in the primaires and is out of it, there is something I would like to see...and I might be alone in this....

If it doesn't work out I hope that Ron Paul himself uses any extra the money or have one last fund raiser (I'd chip in some more but could speak for everyone) to buy about 30 min of prime tv time and really lay it out for the American people. Let him let it all go and speak his mind about the national dept , illegal immigration, federal spending, NAU, foreign aid, our civil rights and the path this country is on. Let him look everyone in America in the eyes and lay all the things out the MSM won't talk about, but should...........but thats just me.

Sorry carry on.....

DealzOnWheelz
11-21-2007, 10:29 PM

I have a really good feeling about this election. I have faith in this campaign...BUT If for some crazed reason he doesn't do well in the primaires and is out of it, there is something I would like to see...and I might be alone in this....

If it doesn't work out I hope that Ron Paul himself uses any extra the money or have one last fund raiser (I'd chip in some more but could speak for everyone) to buy about 30 min of prime tv time and really lay it out for the American people. Let him let it all go and speak his mind about the national dept , illegal immigration, federal spending, NAU, foreign aid, our civil rights and the path this country is on. Let him look everyone in America in the eyes and lay all the things out the MSM won't talk about, but should...........but thats just me.

Sorry carry on.....

I second that

remember this just in case we may need a last minute MONEY BOMB for this

paulitics
11-21-2007, 10:39 PM

Sorry carry on.....

I agree.

NewEnd
11-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Awesome idea jimmy.... A plan B

UtahApocalypse
11-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Yet everyone wants to still hold their donations until the Tea party when its to late. Even with Ron Paul making statements like this.

american.swan
11-21-2007, 11:05 PM
"The showings in the early primaries will make or break the campaign."

The above is an EXACT QUOTE from Ron Paul today on the Alex Jones show.

I think it's important for Ron to stick to it till the convention. The main reason is because WE the grassroots need to fill up the delegate positions. That's where we win or lose.

I think the "freedom" wing of the Republican party needs to solidify itself as a major block of delegates to be dealt with. Election after election, we need to grow and control the delegates and local GOP offices.

Sure, winning this election would be great, but regardless of what happens next November, we the freedom grassroots GOP can totally take over the GOP delegate and local GOP offices and at that point, we dictate the future of the party to a large extent in my mind.

This "war" of ideas is not going to end. If you want freedom for for and your children this is a life-time battle to maintain a strangle hold on the GOP delegates and to control the local GOP offices.

This is probably where the Libertarians failed. The Libertarians should have always been a force in the GOP by providing ample numbers of GOP delegates election after election and maintaining a hold on the local offices of the GOP.

Also consider that the next election cycle...a person considering to run will be encouraged by our control of the GOP and that will encourage more Ron Paul type people to run for office rather then sit back and say "there's no hope"