PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Jennyd
12-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi all,
I am new and just thought I would introduce myself really quick. I come here from the DP. I have been checking these boards out for a few weeks and was particularly impressed with the activism and discussion on 2014 and other candidates. I am originally from MI, but I have lived all over and will be moving again in March. I am in the minority in most libertarian/Ron Paul groups and or discussions in that I am an ex democrat not an ex republican. However, I see that changing in the next couple years. I spend a lot of time on college campuses and students are discussing more libertarian ideas, sometimes without even realizing it. I predict an influx of younger ex democrats into the liberty movement soon which will be an interesting addition to the current melting pot of libertarians that already exists. Anyways, I was sad to leave the DP, but I am glad I found this place. Look forward to talking with everyone here.

phill4paul
12-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Welcome!

erowe1
12-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Welcome!

Also...there's still activism here? Cool.

Jennyd
12-28-2012, 11:49 AM
I have noticed more practical discussions here on things like activism (simply from the outside looking in at least) than the DP which really is no longer a place to talk about Ron Paul or liberty minded candidates, it is a place to argue about petty things.

Nirvikalpa
12-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Hello Jenny,

Welcome to the forum! I have found that discussing a lot of typical "left-libertarian" positions on college campuses leads to better results. :)

Kotin
12-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the forums! We are quite activist-oriented so please feel free to get involved!

erowe1
12-28-2012, 11:52 AM
a place to argue about petty things.

Gotcha. Yeah, that doesn't happen here. But just to be on the safe side, there are parts of this site that you can access as a member that you couldn't before. You might want to just steer clear of those.

Deborah K
12-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Welcome, Jenny. This forum has its share of drama too, but I guess that's human nature. Glad you're here.

Jennyd
12-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Lol, Thanks you guys.... I am not afraid of drama or arguments. What I saw happen over at the DP is constant name calling and bickering over things that do not matter. Debating and arguing is one thing, but over there if you disagree with someone you are a troll... no, not just a troll, you are a stupid ignorant troll.... lol. Anyways, I se there are forums here for 2014 candidates and that is what interests me the most. At least there is a place to discuss that here.

Thanks for the welcomes!

beatrixcarlyn
01-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Welcome Dear, I am Beatrix Carlyn. I am new on this forum. I have heard umpteen good comments about this forum. Now finally i have decided to sign up and join the company of good people here. I hope we will have a good time by helping each other.

kathy88
01-29-2013, 05:57 AM
Welcome to you both. We can use some more women around these parts :)

Danke
01-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Welcome to you both. We can use some more women around these parts :)

What we really need are more ladies.

sailingaway
01-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Welcome Dear, I am Beatrix Carlyn. I am new on this forum. I have heard umpteen good comments about this forum. Now finally i have decided to sign up and join the company of good people here. I hope we will have a good time by helping each other.

Welcome to the forums!

Petar
01-29-2013, 11:23 AM
What we really need are more ladies.

That wasn't very ladylike :toady: