PDA

View Full Version : Meet RON PAUL in Syracuse, New York?

Rocco
12-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Hello folks, a group of us are in the very early planning stages on putting on a reception, complete with a meet & greet, autograph and photo session, and refreshments with Dr. Ron Paul. We plan to have a couple of speeches (including, obviously, Dr. Paul) and a Q & A session as well.

The cost of all of this will be $250, and all profits generated will go to benefit CNY Liberty (our soon to be forming grassroots organization). The planned date is June 1st, 2013, with the target city being Syracuse, New York. That being said, both of those things are to be determined and partially contingent on the number in attendance, so I need to know, would anyone have interest in attending this event?

Please PM me if you would be willing to pledge that you would certainly buy 1 or more tickets up front, and I will get you more information. We cannot quite officially announce this until we officially file (hopefully after our January 16th meeting), but an early and strong grassroots response can ensure that this event is a success and the Central New York grassroots has some ammo for the 2014 midterms!

Rocco
12-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Bump! Nobody interested? I know it is a lot of money, but this is for a great cause and going to a fantastic grassroots organization!

tony m
12-28-2012, 12:11 PM
I remember back at the first C4L summit where we all had lunch outside and Dr. Paul sat down and ate his lunch with us at a picnic table. No extra charge.

Now, people have to spend the bucks for the intimate connection. It's a limited market going that route. NYC can pull it off because they have proximity to a big RP base.

Is what RP says for a small audience going to be that much more influential, strategically speaking, than at his large inspirational engagements?

What is needed is strengthening the RP base by getting people to work together. Many a RP folk have fallen back, it's about figuring out how to get them back and re-energized.

Rocco
12-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Well, Dr. Paul is also going to speak, have professional photographs done, and don't forget that the main point is to use this as a fund raiser for a new pro liberty organization. We are actually hoping that a part of this can be used as a sort of grassroots convention for new yorkers (and those from surrounding states) who want to get involved in local grassroots activity.

I remember back at the first C4L summit where we all had lunch outside and Dr. Paul sat down and ate his lunch with us at a picnic table. No extra charge.

Now, people have to spend the bucks for the intimate connection. It's a limited market going that route. NYC can pull it off because they have proximity to a big RP base.

Is what RP says for a small audience going to be that much more influential, strategically speaking, than at his large inspirational engagements?

What is needed is strengthening the RP base by getting people to work together. Many a RP folk have fallen back, it's about figuring out how to get them back and re-energized.

ninepointfive
12-28-2012, 02:20 PM
charge fo photos, and maybe a dinner - but have him speak with an audience that can come for free

Rocco
12-28-2012, 02:22 PM
We have to come up with the $50,000 speaking fee before this can go any further. Maybe if we sell out the reception this could be an option, but right now we are just trying to raise the funds necessary to get Dr. Paul here to begin with.

charge fo photos, and maybe a dinner - but have him speak with an audience that can come for free

ninepointfive
12-28-2012, 02:23 PM
We have to come up with the $50,000 speaking fee

ouch. good luck!

tony m
12-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Well, Dr. Paul is also going to speak, have professional photographs done, and don't forget that the main point is to use this as a fund raiser for a new pro liberty organization. We are actually hoping that a part of this can be used as a sort of grassroots convention for new yorkers (and those from surrounding states) who want to get involved in local grassroots activity.

The standard questions are going to arise concerning a new org, especially if it deals with raising money for that org. That has come to the forefront over the last two years.

What exactly are the net proceeds going to be used for?

Will folks be volunteers or getting paid? Will money go to fund candidates?

What is this liberty org going to do that is different than other Liberty org's?

The whole event sounds great. Consider the target market, location, and price.

Decide if it is indeed a NYS event or if it would be a Northeast event.

Honestly, I feel that there is a possibility that there will be no one who will attend from Western New York because they can't or won't afford to pay $250. This cost if for a select few, not the standard grassroots activist. So it depends on what level of activist your looking to have attend.
I believe it would still be a tough sell for $50.

I can offer help concerning grassroots activity with the items I have listed for our NYS RP meeting which is found on the Ithaca thread and which David has already received from me in an email.

Rocco
12-28-2012, 03:24 PM
I appreciate the offers Tony. The truth is that I do not know what the organization's specific functions are going to be, the Syracuse grassroots has really put that together and David Gay would be the one who'd know, I am just helping promote the event. I do know that the organization will be helping local and congressional candidates, as well as other grassroots functions. When a final business plan is formed and told to me I will let you all know the details of the group!

BooRadley
12-28-2012, 03:33 PM
$250?! You almost go my hopes up. I agree, even $50 is to much. Where does the $50,000 speaking fee go?

Rocco
12-28-2012, 06:05 PM
It is Dr. Paul's standard speaking fee, so you would have to ask him where it goes.

$250?! You almost go my hopes up. I agree, even $50 is to much. Where does the $50,000 speaking fee go?